GT6 pits are messed up beyond belief...

  • Thread starter Thread starter Swagger897
  • 56 comments
  • 5,573 views
Are people still trying to deny there is a pit stop bug?
 
Are people still trying to deny there is a pit stop bug?
Well it seems as if they are battling about how tires achieve grip.

I just posted a story to show my discontent for this bug... Which has happened several times..

Pits in general are messed up, let alone their actions..
 
2 season of endurance racing with usually 12+ drivers and on average 2 pits per race; and beside the tire bug not pit stop glitchs in any race for any drivers...
 
My favourite pitstop bug is not the glitched set of new tires, but the one where your vehicle will only do 6mph rather than 50mph, and still manages to hit something.


The way the AI deals with pitstops in general is awful though, especially coming out of various pit lanes, why does it need to keep braking to a near stop when the car is already limited to 50? I could push a car around those pit exits faster than the AI can handle them.
 
Anyone can explain why after a pitstop, the cars have less grip AND less power or top speed? Makes no sense at all.
The loss of power is very apparent in NASCAR races, especially at Daytona. It alone at times can completely ruin the race for me. How its possible to lose power during a pitstop is beyond me.
 
My favourite pitstop bug is not the glitched set of new tires, but the one where your vehicle will only do 6mph rather than 50mph, and still manages to hit something.


The way the AI deals with pitstops in general is awful though, especially coming out of various pit lanes, why does it need to keep braking to a near stop when the car is already limited to 50? I could push a car around those pit exits faster than the AI can handle them.
Yes, especially when passing someone. Is there not a way for them to make the cars sweep in and come to a stop? I mean, have they even seen F1?

Well, I have another league race tonight at 7-7:30 est. Open to all SGT cars (300//500) so if it happens again I won't be shocked.
 
Anyone can explain why after a pitstop, the cars have less grip AND less power or top speed? Makes no sense at all.
Cold tires. You have to wait for them to build heat up which makes the rubber softer and gives them more grip. Not only does this help cornering, it also increases acceleration and top speed because the tires aren't spinning as much.
 
Its not cold tires. Its a bug.
As in, the car never speeds up again at all during the next stint? If so, that's odd.
 
As in, the car never speeds up again at all during the next stint? If so, that's odd.

Correct. The new tyres also wear at a faster rate than the first set and usually in the opposite way (ie if fronts were the problem before the stop, rears will be the problem afterwards) even if you drive in an identical manner.
 
Cold tires. You have to wait for them to build heat up which makes the rubber softer and gives them more grip. Not only does this help cornering, it also increases acceleration and top speed because the tires aren't spinning as much.
I really wish people would do a bit of research before making uneducated solutions to problems they have no idea about eg the tyres are warm when you start the race and when you leave the pits, the fact the only way to have cold tyres is to stop and let them cool down and you don't know this yet state a seemingly obvious point of tyre temperature is frankly insulting to the people that have tried and tested this tyre bug for the past few months.
 
I really wish people would do a bit of research before making uneducated solutions to problems they have no idea about eg the tyres are warm when you start the race and when you leave the pits, the fact the only way to have cold tyres is to stop and let them cool down and you don't know this yet state a seemingly obvious point of tyre temperature is frankly insulting to the people that have tried and tested this tyre bug for the past few months.
I've never had this bug before in my online experiences, hence my "ignorance" on the topic. And since I never really race online anyway, I never pay attention to the tire and fuel gauges, so I was unaware that the tires started warm.
 
Correct. The new tyres also wear at a faster rate than the first set and usually in the opposite way (ie if fronts were the problem before the stop, rears will be the problem afterwards) even if you drive in an identical manner.
there's actually TWO bugs...
Bug 1: the driving wheels (rear on NASCARs) should be the ones going out first pre-pits -like they do after pitting.

Bug 2: your car can't reach same max speeds, less grip, and hits the rev limiter at a point when it didn't before pitting.

try it for yourself. Less grip and less top speed. As if the car weighted more
I do not think it's tire related, but that your final gear ratio changes.

engine RPM= wheel RPM * gear ratio * final gear ratio

After pitting, cars make more RPM (hitting the rev limit and/or having to shift gears earlier).

Assuming wheel RPM stays the same, then gear ratio * final gear ratio has to go up.

I've never had this bug before in my online experiences, hence my "ignorance" on the topic. And since I never really race online anyway, I never pay attention to the tire and fuel gauges, so I was unaware that the tires started warm.
also happens in career mode, S license.
 
Last edited:
*snip*
also happens in career mode, S license.
I know that, I'm just saying it's never happened to me. Should have put "either online or in S-License races," but I decided not to since this thread is about pit stop bugs online. My bad! :)
 
So the other night a few friends of mine are doing quick ten lap races at different places. We had the settings where you would have to pit, not the penalty but tire wear. So it's lap 7 and we are all coming in at the Fuji GT/GP course, all in a HSV-010 and one GT-300 thing. I'm in the front of the group when we come in and so I made sure we all slowed down. We entered at about 60 mph and we did not get the reset so we were good. We also got the pit message to come up and I was happy about that. However, the we actually got to our pits, and that's where it began.

My car for some reason decided to park at a 45* degree angle to the pit line, and not want to go into my own box..? Now why, I don't know. It also happened to everyone behind us. So we sat for about five minutes on the pause button and what not, but to no avail.

AND THEN... we got a black screen... It seemed as if the race was cancelled while waiting in the pits. As in, when it gave us the black screen, we saw the room menu. And we could still talk over the mics for a few moments, and then it went silent... Everyone experienced the same thing, and there was about five of us (my league friends) and six others....

It's becoming almost a pain and a fear of trying to pit now, and it's just too absurd that we aren't getting any acknowledgement a for finding bugs within the game...
Sounds like a scene from a horror film
 
I know that, I'm just saying it's never happened to me. Should have put "either online or in S-License races," but I decided not to since this thread is about pit stop bugs online. My bad! :)

Maybe you just didn't notice, but the bug is the same for everyone. It's not something that happens occasionally, it happens in every stop.
 
Maybe you just didn't notice, but the bug is the same for everyone. It's not something that happens occasionally, it happens in every stop.
Not for me. I drove a 24min race at Spa a month or two ago using my Pescarolo Courage C60, and the tire wear stayed consistent for me. Neither did the car lose any power at all; I was hitting the same speeds at the same points on the track. Trust me, I keep an eye on my speedo; among other things it helps me know when the car's corner exit speeds are being affected by tire wear.
 
No.. Everyone has the same issue.

Go try it again, as it'll be the same result as it was before, you just didn't notice last time...
 
Not for me. I drove a 24min race at Spa a month or two ago using my Pescarolo Courage C60, and the tire wear stayed consistent for me. Neither did the car lose any power at all; I was hitting the same speeds at the same points on the track. Trust me, I keep an eye on my speedo; among other things it helps me know when the car's corner exit speeds are being affected by tire wear.

So when did you pit in that race? More than once? If you pitted after x laps because of tyre wear, was the wear the same after a further x laps after the stop?
 
So when did you pit in that race? More than once? If you pitted after x laps because of tyre wear, was the wear the same after a further x laps after the stop?
I pitted twice, I believe. And yes, the tire wear was the same. I ended up wearing out the rears more than the fronts on all three stints. The fronts wore slightly more than usual on the third stint because I was pushing harder.
 
Wait. Wait. Wait. Wait. Hold on now...

Was this a 24 min a-spec or online?
 
:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

No. No. No. No. No.

This is prevalent only in online play, not offline.
Then I wouldn't know that because I rarely go online. Thought I mentioned that, though it appears I didn't. Still, never had this bug before, online or off.
 
However, you never mentioned where the race was played: online or offline.

If you have time, try a 12 lappper at Spa online...

Or heck, run two laps with fast tyre wear, pit, change tyres, and do another two-three laps...
 
Huh? It definitely happens offline as well. That's the only place I experienced it, I don't play online.
 
Back