GT6 Q/A

• Thread starter BHRxRacer
  • 1,535 comments
Which could realistically be implemented through new seasonal events.

Speaking of which; I hope seasonal events this time around are better thought, more variate and that they eliminate the "follow-the-car-that's-faster-than-the-rest-and-it's-given-30-seconds-of-advantage-on-top-of-that" dynamic. (a.k.a Chase the rabbit). That ruined most seasonal events for me.

I will be genuinely surprised if the Seasonal Events will differ dramatically from those GT5.

I share the same sentiment. Single manufacturer events like the Ferrari of Lambo seasonals will almost certainly return along with the events that have various other restrictions. Even though I'd like to see single model events return as well, I'm not counting on the format being any different from GT5 sadly.

I'd like to know if they've made any further improvements to the Nurb, or if they just copy-pasted it from GT5...
It was already the most accurate... I'm not even sure what could have been fixed besides trees.

I'd like to know if they've made any further improvements to the Nurb, or if they just copy-pasted it from GT5...
There's an all new lighting engine and rendering engine so all tracks are going to likely be a little prettier. The time/weather tracks have rather beautiful new clouds/sky which add a very nice touch. Some of the crowds on the new tracks look much better and more dynamic, hopefully the Ring crowds will be the same way. Beyond that, probably nothing groundbreaking but still likely a bit more enjoyable than the GT5 version. 👍

^ c'mon @J-KiLLA24 , you can't post a link or throw us a chewy biscuit? ...A link will suffice.

:lol: I'll try to find the post where he mentioned it. I believe it was either him or Boabdulrahman.

EDIT: @research It was Boabdulrahman. This was his quote:

First of all, I bought a standard car (Silvia s13). Went to the tuning shop and basically you can tune it like a premium car (you can even remove the wing if it had one!)

Last edited:
It was answered twice by myself and has also been answered in the OP.

If you read that Gt Planet article (available before the this thread existed) you will see that this function is only available on the GPS real time track replay mode. And for that, the only car that can use it commercially is a version of the Toyota GT86 with the data logger in it. Which is only available in Japan.

Not quite, do I have to quote the whole article :grumpy: ?

Gran Turismo 6 to Include KW Suspension Testing System
Polyphony Digital’s partnership with KW Suspension for Gran Turismo 6 could be more of a collaborative effort than many may have initially realized.

According to an article posted at NZGamer.com, a behind the scenes tour was given of Polyphony Digital’s office during last week’s Tokyo Game Show.

After a discussion with Michael Grassi, Head of Motorsport Sales and Technical Support at KW Automotive GmbH, it was revealed that players will be able to fine tune suspension systems using KW’s “7-post” test environment which is as detailed:

The 7-post mode is reserved for the so-called track replay mode (Not the GPS function, replay-mode). First of all, data has to be collected at the race track which is then evaluated at the test stand. The data record can only be used for identical car constructions.

At the chassis, three solid attachment points have to be created for the three additional hydraulic cylinders which supply lateral inclination, downthrust and other car body movements during the test run.

As you can gather, this level of authenticity will allow players to continually test, tweak, and re-test the cars suspension systems (systems, plural, not just 1 car less than %5 of GTP own) getting it just right before heading out to the track.

There, now show me where it says GPS exclusivity in there. (Protip: You can't because it's not in there :P)

And just for kicks heres the NZGamer article.
NZGamer
Come with me on a tour of Polyphony Digital’s office

Polyphony Digital, the team behind the critically acclaimed Gran Turismo series, love cars. This much is clear from the games themselves, but it becomes even more apparent from the moment you set foot in their Tokyo office. A stack of racing tyres sits near an impressive driving simulator setup running Gran Turismo 5 across three 65 inch TVs. In the midst of the platinum plaques on the walls in the lobby is a framed Gran Turismo t-shirt, signed by 20 odd famous racing drivers.

I recently had a chance to go behind the scenes, to chat with the developers, and see the team at work on the upcoming Gran Turismo 6. And what an experience it was! This is a passionate group, and their love of cars and of all things racing permeates the entire design process.

At the head of the team is Kazunori Yamauchi, the CEO of Polyphony and the producer of the Gran Turismo series. When he’s not making games, Yamauchi-san moonlights as a professional racing driver. That’s right, the guy calling the shots at Polyphony Digital is a racing driver himself - Gran Turismo’s authenticity is starting to make sense now, huh?

After a look inside Yamauchi-san’s office, with his racing trophies and special, locked wine cooler that only gets opened once a year, we went off to see the rest of the crew at work. The amount of effort that goes into getting every aspect of the games just right is astounding. The designers working on the racecourses are all personally sent out to do their own surveying work. They take GPS coordinates of every bend and landmark around the track - accurate to 1cm - and in the order of 130,000 photos. Per track. Back in the office, no amount of detail is spared getting the tracks as authentic as possible, right down to the shape and size of branches on the trees.

Modelling the cars is a similarly detailed process. Designers visit car manufacturers to take photos of every nook and cranny of the vehicle, before returning to the office to sculpt it in Maya. “Sculpt” is a pointed word there, because the staff modelling the cars really do look like they’re making masterpieces with clay. Each car starts with a very basic model, and then the developer goes around, meticulously chipping away, adding extra polygons, until the car looks like as spectacular as the ones we see in the game. The process is so meticulous, and attention to detail so high, that each individual car takes three to six months to complete.

The tour also gave us a chance to speak to Yamauchi-san about the upcoming Gran Turismo 6. He talked a little bit about the process for choosing which racecourses are represented in Gran Turismo, with public feedback balanced with the need to have a diverse range of tracks responsible for what we see in the final product. Yamauchi-san told us that, although they could not give a day and night cycle for every track, they’re pushing for this to be a feature of all tracks that are known for 24 hour races, and that improved lighting will make night races a much better experience.

Yamauchi-san also talked about briefly about the upcoming Gran Turismo film. There is no script yet, but Yamauchi-san hopes the film will be about Lucas Ordóñez, a top Gran Turismo player who has gone onto become a professional racing driver. If this is the story the film tells, it should be an interesting watch, to say the least.

It wasn’t just the developers we got to chat with; two people from the automotive industry, who have been working closely with Polyphony on GT6, were also there. Malte Hammerbeck is an exterior designer for Volkswagen AG, and is in charge of designing the company’s concept car for Vision Gran Turismo, a “GTi pushed to the max.” Without the constraints of manufacturing costs and safety regulations (this is a digital car, after all), Malte has been able to really get creative and design the car he wants.

Michael Grassi is the Head of Motorsport Sales and Technical Support at KW Automotive GmbH, a manufacturer of high end suspension systems that will feature in Gran Turismo 6. Grassi talked about the company’s philosophy - they don’t just sell a product, they sell a support service for that product - and how this will be translated into the game. Players will be able to fine tune their suspension systems (as you’d expect from this series) with the company’s “7-post” test environment, allowing players to test tweak and re-test their car’s systems to get it just right before heading out to race. Clearly, the level of collaboration between Polyphony and automotive manufacturers goes a lot deeper than just licensing deals.

(Hey, me again, see how he's referring to players and cars as plurals ?, not singular items ?, how do you get "GT86 only" from that ?, where is GT86 in that article period ?)

The authenticity of the Gran Turismo experience is something you’ve probably at least heard of, if not witnessed for yourself firsthand. The amount of time and dedication that goes into creating this experience is something else, though - the team at Polyphony Digital are a passionate bunch, not making a game, but the most realistic driving simulation possible. As Michael Grassi put it, Gran Turismo is about opening the experience of racing to everyone, and Polyphony Digital are doing just that.

I'll make this next part easy and do your part for you, the only mention of GPS in that article, THE only mention, is in reference to track surveying involving coordinates.

-I see no connection to the Toyobaru (:sly:)
-I read no mention of GPS-mode exclusivity - if anything it (the rig) is something used during replays or uses replay-data in a new menu or section of GT6.
-My question still remains unanswered, no pics, no options, nothing, NOTHING on the 7-post rig itself. I know about the various suspension-upgrades available, that's not what I'm looking for, the actual KW 7-post rig or its tuning-menu or anything on the rig itself is what I'm after.

Feel free to post a pic of the rig in GT6 to prove me wrong, or an article that actually says what you claim, that it is a GT86-thing only and only for the GPS non-sense. (which as proven above from the article, is false according to provided info)

I'll still be waiting for proof this thing (the rig) even exists in GT6, sure, maybe it could be a day1 thing or something, but for now, for those who can only play offline due to other circumstances, GT6 still looks like GT5.5 to me.

(Bring on the 'hate ya'll, I'll get you tomorrow afternoon sometime ;))

Last edited:
:lol: I'll try to find the post where he mentioned it. I believe it was either him or Boabdulrahman.

EDIT: @research It was Boabdulrahman. This was his quote:

He also said.

Sorry guys, but what I can tell now is that the standards can have changeable spoilers only at the moment. Going to try and test a couple of other standards.
Sorry for the misunderstanding :(

So I don't think we can remove the wings if i'm understanding correctly.

Are you able to buy a 1983 Toyota Sprinter Trueno/Levin and do this with the aero parts?
img6d8786819juro8.jpg

Yes please. Someone will do it and post it eventually. You might as well be the first.
Which view is better?
@BHRxRacer I know you cant get online yet but can you tell if its still possible to gift cars to friends?
No indication so far but there's an option to put up your car in the "stockyard" which I assume is a place where friends can rent/use your car.

Are there only 3 events at Novice level? Please tell me there are more at b, a and so on. :scared:
No, there's more in each level. In novice there's 3 championships, coffee break challenge and license. In b, there's at least 6 championships, coffee break challenge, mission races, one make races and the license tests.

@BHRxRacer

Can you do a screen shot of the external aero parts? Aero kits, flat floors, rear wings, etc.?

Thanks.
I'll need a premium. I'll try that soon I guess.
Regarding paint chips, it's good to hear that they are, at least, infinitely reusable. I am most likely correct in assuming you acquire them by purchasing cars. However, do you only get one color per car you purchase or do you get all of the colors associated with each car you buy? Also, I assume you always pay 5000 credits to change a color, correct?
Only the car you select and yes you pay 5000-7000 depending on the surface area of the car I guess.
I don't know if any one has asked this question bit can you do a vid with autumn ring at night?

Oh and another question, can you use the cars you have in your in career in arcade mode?
I'll try autumn at night. You can use favourite cars in arcade just like GT5.
thanks to @BHRxRacer for all of the answers, even to some ridiculously minute questions! :boggled:

As I'm sure you know, many of us wonder about the structure and opponents in Arcade mode. Is it still like this:

-enter Arcade
- - choose Single Race, Time Trial, Drift Trial, 2P Battle
-enter Single Race
- - choose Beginner, Intermediate, Professional level
-enter Professional
-choose track
-choose car
-Driving Options screen*

-GT5 then takes you to a race with A.I. chosen by them in haphazard manner, resulting in strange races with cars from different classes and eras?

*maybe a pic of these Driving Options, if you could spare the time. We're wondering if there's any way to alter the opponents. Either way, thanks for all of the info. 👍
I think one of my videos has the driving options. They're not different from the arcade. I'll get back to you on that.

@BHRxRacer
Can you please compare the Toyota 86 "racing" '13 and the regular Toyota 86 GT '12?
Thanks.
Compare how they look, or drive them? I can tell you right away the regular 86 is one of the best cars I've driven in any GT. It's almost up there with the 996 RUF, 430 Scuderia and Mclaren F1.
Question: are we able to purchase the manfacture racing suits?
I'll put up a video of all racing suits and helmets. Not with all colors though.
Any idea if the XJ220 is standard still?
Will check in a bite.

Did they update Eiger and Cote D'Azur?

That's really hard to tell. Post a picture a certain area in each track and I'll try to replicate them.

Has there been any mention of the rumored "hardcore mode"?

http://simhqmotorsports.com/feature-e3-2013-recap-part-i-gran-turismo-6/
I think it was just a figure of speech. Tyre wear simulation is available in advanced races later.
Are you able to buy a 1983 Toyota Sprinter Trueno/Levin and do this with the aero parts?
img6d8786819juro8.jpg
I don't think I can buy all the cars and try to mod them guys..I'll see how much it is and backup-reup my save. I only have aruond 90k.

Here's what you'll get tonight:
Arcade selection pics
Ferrari HD pics

Autumn ring at night video
race gear video
Daytona at night video
Rain gameplay video, somewhere.

Back