GT6 Random Combo Generator

• Thread starter msgt-sd
  • 56 comments
Great work! Being a web developer myself I gotta ask: did you use any framework for that or did you code it all by yourself?
Thanks! That means a lot coming from a web developer. I've never made any sort of website before this, so surely some things could be done better. I used the popular front-end framework Bootstrap, although I did find myself fighting it at times.

He may have went all old school and wrote the html in notepad. :mischievous::D:lol::lol:
Haha, not notepad, but notepad++.

Fantastic job @msgt-sd! I can see myself using this even when I'm just bored and trying to think of something to do for fun... 👍

The last thing I want to do is make more work for you, but if you're ever thinking of making changes to the page, I've come up with a suggestion. I love that you can set filters for Country and Manufacturer. However, if you set a filter for "Italy", for example, you can still select Manufacturers that are not from Italy. It doesn't actually pull up any cars from those Manufacturers, but perhaps when you set the Country filter to Italy, any Manufacturers that aren't from that country should turn red, or something so you won't add a Manufacturer to your choices that doesn't belong.

Just an idea. The site works perfectly fine without it, so it's not crucial or anything.

Thanks again. I'm sure I'll be using the site quite a bit tonight. 👍

I want this for my Android phone.
It works just fine in Chrome on my Samsung Galaxy S6. There are a couple teeny formatting issues that would make it look nicer in the mobile browser, but it works 100% for me. I haven't tried it on my 10" tablet, but I would imagine it will look much nicer on the tablet in Chrome.

I understand that you meant you'd like a standalone app. I agree, it would be nicer as a native app rather than a web app. I just wanted to point out that it does work fine in the mobile browser Chrome in case anyone was wondering. Other mobile browsers probably are fine as well, but I haven't tested them.

Bookmarked! I'm gonna start using this a lot! I love the pictures for the tracks!

I do have one suggestion. It'd be cool to be able to sort cars by detailed interiors or not.

This is very cool and exactly the kind of thing I've been looking for. I always choose the same cars and tracks, and have wished GT6 would include something like a random car/track generator. This is the next best thing.

Thank you so much, God bless

Hey guys, I've made a tool that generates random car and track combinations. See it here. It's something I thought might be useful for some of the leagues and series around here, especially those that I'm apart of like the SNAIL Racing League and the GTP WRS.

I've had the idea to make something like this for quite awhile, and I finally learned enough to do it. Let me know what you think. By the way, it may not appear correctly on some mobile devices, I'm not sure.

I might add some more car and track filters in the future. Also, once I verify some more data I'll eventually enable the option to filter cars by their pre-oil PP and HP numbers.

Here's a small screenshot:
View attachment 446541

Hey guys, I'm glad so many of you are finding it useful! ;)

Fantastic job @msgt-sd! I can see myself using this even when I'm just bored and trying to think of something to do for fun... 👍

The last thing I want to do is make more work for you, but if you're ever thinking of making changes to the page, I've come up with a suggestion. I love that you can set filters for Country and Manufacturer. However, if you set a filter for "Italy", for example, you can still select Manufacturers that are not from Italy. It doesn't actually pull up any cars from those Manufacturers, but perhaps when you set the Country filter to Italy, any Manufacturers that aren't from that country should turn red, or something so you won't add a Manufacturer to your choices that doesn't belong.

Just an idea. The site works perfectly fine without it, so it's not crucial or anything.

Thanks again. I'm sure I'll be using the site quite a bit tonight. 👍

Great suggestion. I like the idea of changing the colors. When I get the time, I'll probably implement that. Thanks.

I want this for my Android phone.

Yeah, like @ALB123 said, you should be able to access it fine on your mobile browser. I think the Chrome browser is probably best.

Bookmarked! I'm gonna start using this a lot! I love the pictures for the tracks!

I do have one suggestion. It'd be cool to be able to sort cars by detailed interiors or not.

Glad you like the pictures! I snapped most of them all in one sitting actually - that was a long afternoon. Haha. So, some of the pics could be better for sure. Eventually,I think it'd be cool to have a way for people to submit their own track images to be used by the site.

You can. Just choose premium cars and uncheck standards.

This is right for most cars; however, for this site "Premium" and "Standard" refers to the exterior model detail of the car, and there are a small number of cars, mostly the Vision GT cars it seems, which have a "Premium" exterior but a "Simple" interior. So, currently, it's possible to end up with a car with a "Simple" interior even after you've filtered out the "Standard" models.

I have interior model detail data for a lot of the cars (that I got from gtdata.net awhile back), but I haven't filled in the gaps and verified any of the data yet. If I ever do I'll be sure to add an option to filter the cars by their interior modelling detail. Perhaps it would be nice to piggyback on gtdata's data-entry crowd-sourcing idea to get more data like this that can be used to filter the cars...

Such awesomeness!

Looky here where this got featured this week!

Go ahead. Click that spoiler button, then click that pic.

Yes, very awesome! :gtpflag:

--
I've been a bit busy lately, so sorry to only just be getting back to some of you.

Last edited:
upload_2016-1-29_7-25-49.png

Great job with this @msgt-sd. Nice generated combo!

Very possible. I've been meaning to look into it for a while. Since I don't have a PS4 and have never played GTSport though, I would need some help collecting info on all the cars and tracks in the game.
How long did it take to do this for GT6? No rush of course, you data miners are fine craftsmen.

Back