GT6 - Removed/Added Features

This thread needs a major update. Its been a huge changes since this abandoned.

Reason is to help people who dont have GT6 can get a glimpse.

I'm in the late phase of playing gt6 - I play it weekly to tick off seasonals and collect quirkier/rarer cars and put some crazy rims on them. This week I planned to reward myself for golding Ascari Ferrari challenge with an golden oldie - Jensen Interceptor, one of my favourite cars in gt4 (cool menacing looks, lots of grip, ok-ish sound, very tuneable) which somehow slipped from my memory until now. But to my dismay I couldn't find it. Unable to believe that PD dropped it from game (I mean it's a classic, unlike Hommell and some other cars that didn't age well but are still in the game) I browsed the gtplanet and found this thread. Oh, the pain. I don't have a faulty copy of the game without the Jensen, it really was omitted. Oh, the pain, I repeat. Ok, I know it's a first world type problem but I had to vent my frustration somewhere.
I mean, really, Hommell Berlinette is still in it but Jensen not, omg?
Even as a standard it would outweight for me all the premium Lexuses (Lexi?)
Somebody else missing the Interceptor?
If you forget the Ferrari F1s from GT5, PD removed other cars too. It's not only the Jensen Interceptor. The Ginetta G4 is also missing for some reason... :irked:

If you forget the Ferrari F1s from GT5, PD removed other cars too. It's not only the Jensen Interceptor. The Ginetta G4 is also missing for some reason... :irked:

Don't miss f1 cars since there were no fun events for them because the licensing issues. Ginetta is also missed badly. In Slovenia we have a saying that poison is usually in small flasks and this certainly is true for that cheeky feisty oversteering little beast.

Maybe both Jensen and Ginetta will return in gt7...

It's called licensing, read up on it. These are not for free and not everyone of them is easily acquired. Some folk just have zero interest in licensing their IP, it's theirs you can't fault PD for removing something that could get them sued into the stone age just to keep you happy.

It's called licensing, read up on it. These are not for free and not everyone of them is easily acquired. Some folk just have zero interest in licensing their IP, it's theirs you can't fault PD for removing something that could get them sued into the stone age just to keep you happy.

In case of Jensen I suppose licensing shouldn't be a big obstacle since there are recent efforts to revive the brand and to start production of the updated model. One would think that company's marketing department would be eager for some free promotion via inclusion of the legendary Interceptor in the game.

In case of Jensen I suppose licensing shouldn't be a big obstacle since there are recent efforts to revive the brand and to start production of the updated model. One would think that company's marketing department would be eager for some free promotion via inclusion of the legendary Interceptor in the game.
Still it is up to those who own the ip whether they want to grant PD the license or not. They probably had oddball stipulations or simply just didn't want to give it. We have no idea but one thing is for certain it's more than likely not having the license as to why it's not in GT6. It was in GT5 so they did have the license but probably weren't willing to grant an extension for how long PD wanted as you notice that nearly all the standards are back in GT6 and Kaz mentioned they are on tap for GT7 so they have a pretty long license agreement this time around. Your guess is as good as mine on why this car/license PD doesn't have. Perhaps they didn't get around to it(I highly doubt that though) but anything is possible when you have so many manufacturers to shake hands with. I miss the Jensen, I would have loved a premium version so I can remove the bumpers and tune it up to look like a hot hatch.

Sorry for the big bump, but i was looking for a topic like this. Just started playing GT5, because i went straight from GT4 to GT6. Cool to see the differences and what i can still uncover in GT5! :D

Also, in the opening post, B-Spec is now (obviously) also available for GT6 :cheers:

thought i might throw a suggestion if there was a petition to add Chevrolet Camaro SS Edge Special & Nissan GT-R (gt academy special) those would be the two to see in GT6.

Back