GT6 Update 1.09 (Undocumented Changes in OP) >Lock<

• Thread starter TheProRacer
  • 947 comments

Are you happy with the content in this update?

• Total voters
Okay okay. Now in my news suggestion on the sound update, i found this:

“Nissan Connect NISMO Plus” Teased with Gran Turismo Integration, Coming June 2014 (1).png

So its supposed to launch this month. Anyone knows what the feature looks like?

https://www.gtplanet.net/nissan-connect-nismo-plus-gran-turismo/

I just tried my Nascar a few laps as a test. It was a bit slower than before though some of that is probably me being rusty as I haven't driven any Nascars or ovals in 3 months or more now. My best lap this morning was 44.3xx where it seems I was getting 43.7xx before. It also felt like the rear of the car was a bit loose in the corners running at 0 camber all around.

I don't think it is a big deal just need to do a little testing and tweaking to get it to hook up better or maybe just a few more laps of practice as I was getting a bit much turn in with my settings and scrubbing speed sliding the rear a little in the corners.

I wonder if the ride height settings may have a bit different effect now?

I know I tuned the Nascar for a friend of mine back in Jan, I drove a lot of laps back then and was consistently in the 43s with the car. I gave the setup to my friends and they started racing online running away from everyone. My buddy went from complaining that he was not fast enough to complaining about getting booted for being to fast ;)

I like to race Nascar and do the TT's also, after doing a little testing yesterday on three different cars I can understand why the oval racers are upset. I ran against the fastest lap ghosts in the single player TT mode to see how the cars had changed. I used the GT40 and Suzuki from the latest TT's and my fastest (43.407) Nascar Daytona setup. I removed the camber and toe that the game had added to see if the overall setups had been changed, other than camber.

In the GT40 I was able to beat my time by a couple tenths and with the Suzuki I was a couple tenths slower, both of cars were different in feel but, completely drivable. My Nascar on the other hand was a mess, taking off the camber and toe that the game added only slightly improved the car but, it was still not drivable.

After about an hour of testing I was able to get down to a 44.019 but the setup is miles away from what I had and the setup changes that I would previously use to change the car no longer work. I did not have a chance to use the LM Corvette's or LMP's that I have oval setups for but I imagine they will have to be completely reworked also.

I am not upset that they changed the game but, I do understand people's frustration with the changes that seem to have be more than just camber related.

It is annoying to read each side discount the other when each take the same amount of effort to do well. I have had very fast racers from the road race/TT come over and race ovals with me and leave with a whole new respect for the other side of the game. I have also had oval guys say that getting into the top 20 of a TT is easy and then struggle to even get gold.

I absolutely love this update. Amazing job by polyphony. The track is amazing :D

Not sure if this was already but I noticed if I drive different car my racing gear also get changed for some reason. Eg: Corvette stingray concept in RB track my gear was changed. I noticed this immediately with the yellow racing gloves :confused: I also look BMW 507 and then my racing gear was something else. In other cars it is my default what I want it to be.

I absolutely love this update. Amazing job by polyphony. The track is amazing :D

Not sure if this was already but I noticed if I drive different car my racing gear also get changed for some reason. Eg: Corvette stingray concept in RB track my gear was changed. I noticed this immediately with the yellow racing gloves :confused: I also look BMW 507 and then my racing gear was something else. In other cars it is my default what I want it to be.

I think it's something to do with arcade mode. In arcade mode your gear changes to the manufacturer of the car your driving if it has one. If you are not in arcade mode then I don't know.

Right, I have a problem installing.
Started GT6, "there is an update.. etc" Yep no problem, downloaded the 5-600MB just fine.
PS3 goes into GT6 and it says the usual "Preparing to install", it passes this and then says "Downloading, approx 40 minutes left" then 50 minutes... then 60 minutes. It gets up to about 80 then says "download unsuccessful" and tries again without any change in the outcome. My download speed is good, I don't know why this is happening. Does anyone have any suggestions?

@WhoosierGirl
good to see you back, I noticed your name in the 500pp seasonal, you were a few spots below @jontikis who's always a good help since he runs a great line and also uses controller (I was still way behind him lol).

Seriously, you were down to 43.407? I imagine your frustration, I was down to 43.705, now 44.272... I don't feel like trying anymore, hoping for a hotfix. Good thing there are 4 new seasonals.

Yea, that sucks, I really feel for you guys that have a garage full of tunes to re-do. I sort of knew something like this was going to happen (really glad it did though)....just like it did in GT5 when they tweaked the physics engine and everyone had to tweak or redo their tunes.

Oh yea, it's definitely for the best 👍 Plus, I *usually* enjoy tuning cars.

Jerome

It's been that way since the Drift Seasonals were first introduced. It has been fixed. Other than making a fairly discreet post about it in the Drift forums, I don't think it ever really got out on here until after it was already fixed. I was hoping it would sneak through another update.

Sadly it didn't. Was a great way to get credits quickly and not as dull as repeating 24min Le Man or Red Bull nonsense.

Just a quick heads up guys I don't want to be a interfering old git and everyone is on a high but please be aware this is a thread about the most recent update and undocumented changes. Theproracer will have to read this whole thread every post to find any information or changes so he can amend the opening post, now I am guilty as anyone off going off topic at times but can we please stay on topic. There's a plethora of threads you can choose. But please for the sake of one guys sanity "theproracer" lets keep it tidy.

@TheProRacer
Your friends' ghosts now show up before crossing the start (/finish) line. Not bad.

It seems impossible to load your own ghosts or any of the recorded ones. Not good.

When they didn't clarify what the problem was and only complained that the cars were half a second slower it just sounded stupid. But from the later arguments it sounds like the nascars have become really hard to drive. If that is the problem I understand, if it's only a little time loss i don't understand at all.
you are right, I since posted a more detailed post of why we are slower:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ted-changes-in-op.311572/page-22#post-9787606

I can confirm my gear was different when driving the new Lexus around the new RBR when watching the replay... didn't do a ton of testing - but gear does seem to be changed

untested - but could be cool to have different racing gear for different cars... ?? doubtful that's whats happening... probably just a glitch

A slightly bittersweet update - very happy for the new content and physics fixes, in fact delighted. But having played a bit online last night to find a lot of my previously delicately tuned cars now behaving rather differently, am going to have to spend many hours tweaking 150+ tuned cars for the new physics model.

Only 'big' annoyance for me is the forced cockpit view at the start of every race. Why PD, why?

It's better that it defaults to the authentic view. It has defaulted to a non authentic view for years. All you have to do is change view on your controller. Those wanting an authentic driving experience now don't need to do that. Well done PD.

Edit: sounds like this is a bug as rear view isn't selectable until views have been cycled through.

A default view option would be best.

Last edited:
Just seeing if this problem is because 1.09 or if GT6 was always like this.

Start a Arcade race, set the weather to full rain and 100% course wet. I set my tires to rain tires. Race starts, all AI aren't on rain tires. I mean they're going like 20mph so I assume they're not on wets.

Just seeing if this problem is because 1.09 or if GT6 was always like this.

Start a Arcade race, set the weather to full rain and 100% course wet. I set my tires to rain tires. Race starts, all AI aren't on rain tires. I mean they're going like 20mph so I assume they're not on wets.

It was like that before

Does it seem to anybody like the AI in arcade for some races has changed? I had MASSIVE groups of cars pack racing at LeMans last night and they were way faster than normal.

Maybe leftover placebo from the Suzuka race but dare I say I actually felt a little challenge for once.

Ole
I can confirm my gear was different when driving the new Lexus around the new RBR when watching the replay... didn't do a ton of testing - but gear does seem to be changed

untested - but could be cool to have different racing gear for different cars... ?? doubtful that's whats happening... probably just a glitch

I tried 2 cars and it did change but I think dixonbaps may be right, here. May be some cars, manufacture they have default gear assigned in arcade mode.

I think it's something to do with arcade mode. In arcade mode your gear changes to the manufacturer of the car your driving if it has one. If you are not in arcade mode then I don't know.

I like the physics changes. MR cars are better to drive now for sure. But... overall cars still feel very edgy over the limit. Drifting is not for me in 1.09 either.

@WhoosierGirl
Seriously, you were down to 43.407? I imagine your frustration, I was down to 43.705, now 44.272... I don't feel like trying anymore, hoping for a hotfix. Good thing there are 4 new seasonals.

Yes, online and offline I could do low .4's, I found something a month ago doing one of the TT's that carried over to the Nascars. I'm sure people are already in the 43's by now, I was only .02 away after only an hour of trying numbers.

I'm not frustrated that they changed the physics at all, I enjoyed working on an oval setup for the first time in months last night. I have seen that everytime they change the physics, less and less people are on the game.

Back