GT6 Updates - install all up to 1.22 in about 4 hours

• Thread starter 57AcAceca
  • 68 comments
So I am stuck when I look at the game data file it says 1.12. The last file was 500 something mb. It fails installation every time. I have ejected. Restarted. I am running out of patience having done this for three days now. Any ideas?
So it fails to installation on to your PS3, and you are not connected to the internet, well it may be your Hardrive.

Second hand. Guaranteed from Best Buy. However it is a month out. I called and they said they would try to help. Whatever that will end up meaning. It isn’t the issue if 20 bucks and hours wasted. I love gt series. I haven’t played in years and got gt5 last year. Loved it so I want to play gt6. I’m sure I will get a ps4 when they are cheaper and get gt sport in the future

Second hand. Guaranteed from Best Buy. However it is a month out. I called and they said they would try to help. Whatever that will end up meaning. It isn’t the issue if 20 bucks and hours wasted. I love gt series. I haven’t played in years and got gt5 last year. Loved it so I want to play gt6. I’m sure I will get a ps4 when they are cheaper and get gt sport in the future
Buy another GT6 Disc, and make sure it is a new Disc.

I have 60gb of space. I might try getting a new disc before giving up. Hard o imagine that being an issue though. Thanks for the help.

So I hadn’t played gt5 on this ps3 I’m ages. It needs 27 files!! FML
Oh well this is updating in chunks just fine. I still have all my game data. The only thing that sucks is I didn’t play much online and can’t get the formula 1 car I need for one series so can only progress so far. Maybe with all the updates I can. Gt5 was a solid game.

I just found out about the garage editor stuff. Glad I still have gt5 since 6 is a disaster.
Buy a new GT6 Disc, and if it you are still having issues with installing the updates with the new Disc, you can just return the GT6 game where you brought it from.
Remember with a new GT6 Disc you should never have an issues installing the updates if you do them right.

That error message "as I recall" is the one that appears when to many updates are attempted to be installed all at once as it happened to me before taking the advice from many members to do one at a time. Of course it could be the disk or the PS3 as well. There is NOT a problem with the GT6 download under normal circumstances provided the updates are installed "one at a time" as mentioned in many other threads. I just did my install recently that way as mentioned and everything went just fine although very lengthy. I also love GT5, but GT6 imho is still worth the effort especially for the new cars (newest prize car photo) and tracks available. Also, as far as formula goes, after my install, I see in the dealership F1's to purchase as well so that should not be of any issue either.

Lamborghini Diablo GT2 '98 (Prize)-At City of Arts and Sciences Night.jpg

Last edited:
Hi guys i`ve just installed Gran turismo 6 fresh on my ps3 I got a second hand disc, think there were 21 updates to get, i didn't have any problems installing like you guys seemed to have after reading the posts above......what a nightmare, i just let it do it automatically....it just downloaded one at a time then installed, then the next etc...

Im in the uk with a pal machine if that makes any difference...

Or maybe not enough hard drive space? Dont the gt games need at least the same free space as the actual install takes up, I remember with gt sport i couldn't update as i didn`t have about 110 gig free space....

Hmm I dont know whats going on then, seems strange, I feel bad for you guys, it just worked ok, no probs for me....
Well you must have a good hardrive then :). I can install 7 updates at a time and have no issues with the installing part, but when you install all the updates at once, the installing fail for some reason after a while.

Hmm i dont get where you say 7 updates, you mean all at once? because i just let it download them all, it downloads one then in stalls it, then the next one etc, just did one at a time for me....

Hmm i dont get where you say 7 updates, you mean all at once? because i just let it download them all, it downloads one then in stalls it, then the next one etc, just did one at a time for me....
I use to do download 7 updates and when the 8th update started, I press O on my DS3 to cancel the updates. Then I go to disable the internet then I started GT6 to install the updates, then once it has finish installing the updates. I enable the internet go to GT6 and download another 7 updates again, and this process has never failed me.

I am having a problem where the install file in-game fails at update 1.10. Everything else works fine, never had a problem installing a game, have enough free space, disc is spotless. Update 1.10 downloads, installs to ps4, then I turn my wired internet connection off, start the game, and it installs for a while, the bar never increasing passed around 30%, untill eventually it fails. I am using a backwards compatible 60gb uk model PS3. The only thing I haven't managed to find out on the internet is whether the ps3 model actually makes a difference. Can anyone confirm that they have installed the game fully on a 60gb BC fat model?

Back