GT6 Updates - install all up to 1.22 in about 4 hours

• Thread starter 57AcAceca
  • 68 comments
Can anyone confirm that they have installed the game fully on a 60gb BC fat model?

I don't have an exact answer to your question, however my fat PS3 had so much difficulty that I dreaded news of an update. After we got the Tomahawk I wouldn't update at all. I replace it with a slim model and everything went smoothly.

Just re-bought GT6 and a wheel after selling both a year or so ago. Yup, I regretted that sale after a short while. Upgraded from a DFGT to G29 (2nd hand) this time, so I can be PS4 compatible when they get cheap... hopefully when the PS5 becomes easy to buy.

I didn't expect the updates, and thought rather than watch progress bars I'd have look on GT Planet. Didn't expect to see the nightmares some of you have had, so fingers crossed mine goes well. I'm doing it one go, I was on 9/21 when I found this thread, but it's up to 20/21 as I type. Super Slim here, with 500gb HDD, and thankfully 380mbps internet.

Update: It finished the full install and was ready to play at about 9:30pm. No install errors, and no glitching/corruption in game so far, but time will tell as I go through cars and tracks.

My save data and progress was all there too, I thought I'd deleted it, but no. So I've got a full wallet and and garage. I'm tempted to wipe the saves and start fresh, but then I'd have to do hours of finding those legendary tunings from the tuning geeks here.

I eased my self in slowly.. 350pp slowly..lol (the races that include the Sunday cup). I did well so hit the Green Hell in my NBRing tuned KTM X-Bow 600pp. In my top 3 of cars to take to the Hell of Green. I was in Heaven. It's so nice to be home.

Yes, it was a late night. :)

I bought GT6 about 3 or 4 years ago, second hand disc. I never updated because I didn't have a decent and fast internet conection.

Now I have it, and I'm tempted to update the game, but since it's a fat PS3, I don't know if it will handle all of the process. Has anybody updated from scratch from such an old model?

I bought GT6 about 3 or 4 years ago, second hand disc. I never updated because I didn't have a decent and fast internet conection.

Now I have it, and I'm tempted to update the game, but since it's a fat PS3, I don't know if it will handle all of the process. Has anybody updated from scratch from such an old model?
I did about 12 months ago and it worked fine.

a tip that I have to speed the update process a bit is that the first 5 updates you can install one over the other just fine, it is around the sixth or seventh (it is the first update to have something like 2GB) that Polyphony made a in game utility to compress downloaded data and that it is what causes issues if you "binge" a lot of updates in succession. You dont need to disconnect of the network to stop the console to install everything one over the other, just press Circle, it will open the game, the preparation process will start, it will decompress the files and when finished, you quit the game and it will ask to download the next update... I know this is very annoying, but I understand why they did this, the patch files were starting to get pretty big and if you were playing when the game was current, it would be uncommon to install around 22 updates in succession.

Per the GT5 forum Sony has recently nixed any more updating of that series, so if you want GT6 1.22 complete I would suggest doing it now cause my guess is that in the near future GT6 could be sadly be next.

Edit: Some however are still able to update that series, however it is still not clear at this point.

Last edited:
Back