GT6 vs...

• Thread starter DUBLBarryl
  • 33 comments
I've been playing alot of Live For Speed recently and I must say I'm seriously enjoying the 'proper' physics with tyre pressure/flex and the ability to utilise them to great effect, along with camber.

The AI is also a big step up from GT6 with 'pro' (the hardest difficulty) genuinely giving me a proper run for my money and making me race properly, avoiding any mistakes at all costs, having to manage my tyres (!) and playing the long game, rather than a mad dash sprint like GT6.

Considering it's age, and the fact I'm running it on an age old laptop, it really opens my eyes to how lacking GT6 really is, in terms of being a proper simulator.

GT6 is a great game, I love the variety of the cars and tracks, LFS has limited tracks, but a good selection and an object /layout editor to create auto cross tracks or recreate small drift tracks (ebisu, bihoku, etc), so essentially the possibilities are endless.

Also, although GT has a huge car list, the modding community provides skins for most popular cars to go over the generic LFS cars.

I love LFS if I want to play properly and actually learn something about driving, but it can be tedious faffing about with mod programs and files etc, so I still really enjoy GT for its playability. Just to sit down, choose a car and go for a blast. The physics are good enough to keep me happy, and if I really want to get technical with my setup and confuse myself with camber and tyre pressure values I can always fire up LFS.

I've been playing a little bit of Richard Burns Rally recently and oh my god, for hands down driving feel and simulation it's amazing, also LFS should be there.

Project cars (IMO) feels horrible, really disconnected from the road and constantly inconsistent, however pretty the insane renders are that they post.

I thought LFS felt very similar to gt6 handling-wise. Gt is slightly better to me personally.

Oh yeah. Project Cars uses a modified engine of the one they used on nfs shift, and that was floaty as anything unmodded.

Assetto Corsa definitely feels the best physics-wise out of every sim I've played. Brilliant feel with the handling. Rbr is so difficult! Brilliant though.

I love LFS if I want to play properly and actually learn something about driving, but it can be tedious faffing about with mod programs and files etc, so I still really enjoy GT for its playability. Just to sit down, choose a car and go for a blast. The physics are good enough to keep me happy, and if I really want to get technical with my setup and confuse myself with camber and tyre pressure values I can always fire up LFS.

That's exactly what I trought too. I love that game,but I don't like when I have to keep 'modding' a game to make it keep interesting,in the end I get bored. LFS has big potential,it's a shame that it's a very,very tiny limited game.

I like good physics,combined with huge content,no modding needs,all in console,instead pc. I like practicality. That's why even with all problems (lot of problems),my preference's still GT.

Back