GT7 April 2024 Update Predictions

• Thread starter SBX
  • 207 comments
Custom race idea if we are getting Octavia RS :D

Attachments

• IMG_0550.jpeg
    IMG_0550.jpeg
    147.1 KB · Views: 1
We either get silhouettes today (Monday), or I'm guessing it's still just to do with the Skoda VGT. So, we'll see. Fingers crossed, but again... I'm less than hopeful, at this point.

Honestly, with Eiyuden Chronicle coming out in less than 2 days, I'm fine with the update being in May. I'll have plenty to keep me occupied until then. :)

We either get silhouettes today (Monday), or I'm guessing it's still just to do with the Skoda VGT. So, we'll see. Fingers crossed, but again... I'm less than hopeful, at this point.

Honestly, with Eiyuden Chronicle coming out in less than 2 days, I'm fine with the update being in May. I'll have plenty to keep me occupied until then. :)

There will be an update on thursday, but most likely a Skoda only update

On the theme about cars, the VGT.....well, its another VGT no-one really asked for :P
If I had to wish for new cars to the game, the Peugeot 206 Rally Car from 1999 would make for a great re-addition, and maybe a Skoda Fabia or Octavia? Or squeeze in any kind of Kei Car like the Autozam AZ-1?

And for a track, either Autumn Ring or Twin Ring Motegi. Or hell, maybe even some Kart-focused tracks like we had in GT5 / 6, but I know I'll be disappointed again 😅

Edit: removed the quote from Ande's message, my message didn't make much sense

Last edited:
On the theme about cars, the VGT.....well, its another VGT no-one really asked for :P
If I had to wish for new cars to the game, the Peugeot 206 Rally Car from 1999 would make for a great re-addition, and maybe a Skoda Fabia or Octavia? Or squeeze in any kind of Kei Car like the Autozam AZ-1?

And for a track, either Autumn Ring or Twin Ring Motegi. Or hell, maybe even some Kart-focused tracks like we had in GT5 / 6, but I know I'll be disappointed again 😅

Edit: removed the quote from Ande's message, my message didn't make much sense
Back in late 2003 my parents bought me a 1:25 diecast of this forgotten legend that dominated that year.
Peugeot.jpg

JK I love the game but imo they should just release a roadmap for the players so that we aren't getting hopes up all the time...
I've been advocating for the same thing.

Create a roadmap with an extremely low bar, goals that are easily obtainable. Anything else entered into the update is icing on the cake, it'd be an easy PR win for them.

That being said, I hope there are big updates to the underlying systems of the game. I don't really care what vehicles are added at this point if the FFB isn't being consistently improved. A big part of owning a vehicle is how it feels to drive and with the mediocre FFB implementation, the peculiarities of a vehicle are lost.

Last edited:
My admittedly vague guesses:

-Despite the likely introduction of Skoda in this update, I don't think we'll actually see a Skoda-themed Extra Menu. However, because the Skoda VGT is coming, I would imagine a new round of the VGT Trophy would be coming as well, likely with a piece of pre-race dialogue from a FIAGTC/GTWS driver regarding the new car.

-I'm still unsure how one would go about guessing the cars that'd make up an Extra Menu featuring McLaren. I do recall that some Extra Menus feature more than three cars in their cinematic, though, like the one focusing on Toyota's GR division. So maybe a McLaren-themed Extra Menu doesn't need to include one of the three F1 models we have; it could instead showcase them in the cinematic. Instead, I could see it including the MP4-12C, the 650S, and a third car - perhaps the P1 GTR? Of course, that's assuming we don't get more McLaren models in a future update, in which case, I'd be both surprised and disappointed since there are so many other McLarens I'd wanna see added. The road-going version of the P1 is at the top of such a list.

-I think Bonus Menus have a lot more potential, too. For example, now that we have six models for the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution - sans the Gr.B Road Car - why not re-introduce the Evolution Meeting event?

-I'd also imagine that the GTWS is the most likely time we'll see a new layout/venue come, even if it means the track would be introduced after the online qualifiers end in early May. It does seem like the online qualifiers are only the beginning, so maybe we'll see a new track showcased in one of the live events.

-It does seem likely that any new Extra Menus could correlate to the new cars we'll be getting, but it's not guaranteed, as we can see with the Lamborghini and Jaguar-themed ones. Maybe since we already have had a menu focusing on Group A, we could get one on Group C - though it does seem that many of the Group C cars are going into other Extra Menus, such as the ones for Nissan Motorsport and Jaguar. However, maybe we could still get one featuring the Mazda 787B, the Mercedes-Benz Sauber C9, and the Porsche 962.

I, for one, would love to see Extra Menus featuring specific designers like Giugiaro, or coachbuilders like Pininfarina. I could even see there being one for the late Gandini, with the Lancia Stratos, the Renualt 5 Turbo, and ideally a third car that's not in the game yet. That could be the Lamborghini Espada, Fiat X1/9, Alfa Romeo Montreal, or Fiat Dino Coupe. I'd feature the Miura and original Countach, plus the A112, but all three of those cars have already been featured in other Extra Menus. The third car could also be the A112 Runabout that won the GT Trophy at Pebble Beach lately.

Last edited:
That being said, I hope there are big updates to the underlying systems of the game. I don't really care what vehicles are added at this point if the FFB isn't being consistently improved. A big part of owning a vehicle is how it feels to drive and with the mediocre FFB implementation, the peculiarities of a vehicle are lost.
So much this. Its 2024 and time to please make an effort to suck less.

Waxing eloquently about car culture is great and all, but when the ffb is what it is, i just kinda don’t believe you PD.

Its as if a Michelin starred restaurant served bread from Panera…. Embarrassing, painful, and a bit offensive.

I want to love you PD, but your high maintenance lately and kinda 💩 in the sack🫢

I've been advocating for the same thing.

Create a roadmap with an extremely low bar, goals that are easily obtainable. Anything else entered into the update is icing on the cake, it'd be an easy PR win for them.

Roadmaps always backfire. Either the scheduled stuff gets delayed, or it gets released on schedule with tons of issues. Both of these outcomes are worse than operating in silence.

• Skoda Fabia Rally 2 Gr.4
If that car was ever added I would love it to be in Gr4 to give me a reason to drive those races but I could see them putting it in GrB since its a rally car and I'd imagine slightly faster than the 2 other real rally cars in there.

It could very easily be VGT/Octavia Gr.3/Octavia Gr.4, with the base Octavia (or whatever model they use for the race cars) coming further down the line.

Remember, the Scirocco Gr.4 and Cayman GT4 Clubsport were both base GT Sport content but we didn't get their road car versions until GT7, there's no hard and fast rule that says the base model has to be in for a race car to also be.

Back