GT7 Challenge Room: Bonus Content, Grids & Custom Races (First Competition Running w/Leaderboard)

• Thread starter BobDx123
  • 47 comments
I'll one-up you real quick.

Optimised my tune for the circuit, and here we are.

1679516165568.jpeg

It did, however I am glad you asked as I am generally a bit scared by all those high rear suspension values! Is the rationale to make it ‘chuckable?’ Still a bit understeery despite them, and I’d imagine a fiddling with the gears would shave some real time off

@hyperspeed980 Nice Man! Down to the teens. I’ll have to give it another go to try and make this a back and forth.
I'm really hoping this can become the sort of competition that unites massive amounts of people from the GT7 forums to give it a shot. Kind of like the PS3-era tuner shootouts, if you were there for those beautiful times.
I’d imagine a fiddling with the gears would shave some real time off
Yeah, the ideal setup for this event is soft tyres, low power, and short gears. If you combine that with JC's suspension/diff settings, you should get a pretty good tune to work off of.

It did, however I am glad you asked as I am generally a bit scared by all those high rear suspension values! Is the rationale to make it ‘chuckable?’ Still a bit understeery despite them, and I’d imagine a fiddling with the gears would shave some real time off
I would imagine the high rear suspension is going be in in all or most of them. Praiano does the same thing. From my understanding (and I’m not well versed) is that it “cheats” in a way to contribute to downforce, however someone may chime in and correct me. I understand how to make tiny suspension and LSD adjustments but no idea how people completely overhaul them. The FF cars are more of a mystery to me, never owned one IRL either.

I’ll check it out the tune on Clio later

Hyperspeed, just took a stab at another race (left the settings alone since last race)… Looked like I was coming in for a tie on your new time and I blew it mid final lap in some dirt that finished so ugly. Maybe i’ll give a go again later 👍

EDIT: just saw your post. Yes I hope so too, its a good challenge, honestly a bit surprised haven’t seen more already

Edit 2: He is 100% correct about the tires, gears, power etc… same as my setup

Last edited:
All challenges from members are a welcome addition, they don’t need to be a specific type or format. If you have a good track time with a specific car, you can post that and challenge others to beat it.

Here are some more races; again nothing crazy. It can be challenging to develop these so they are consistent when the AI leader doesn’t always finish in the same time.

I’ll add more to this later, unfortunately there were a handful I did that I have to recheck because I either forgot to write down something like the difficulty settings to use for the race or forgot.

As usual,
  • All races done with TCS 0
  • Bold lettering below is the difficulty “to be set” not that of the race, the time it takes to complete and the payout if you don’t get the Clean Race Bonus

Stock
  • Racing Kart 125 Shifter (Stock) - Nürburgring GP - WTC 600 - Normal Setting - ~11 min - 80k cr * Make sure final gear has a little room for drafting

• GTO ‘The Judge’ ‘69 (Stock + Upgrade from 458.25pp with CM stock to CS tires 488.86pp ) - American FR 550 - WeatherTech Laguna Seca ~3.5 min - 10k cr

Tuned
  • RX500 ‘70 - Tune to 550pp - Historic 580 - Goodwood - Hard Setting - ~7 min - 55k cr.

• GReddy Fugu Z (Tune to 580pp or lower for more challenge) - Race of Turbos 700 - Sainte-Croix B - Hard Setting ~10 min - 70k

Please feel free to leave constructive criticism or mention any problems.
If you have any challenges with certain cars or tracks you’d like to see mention them.

All challenges from members are a welcome addition, they don’t need to be a specific type or format. If you have a good track time with a specific car, you can post that and challenge others to beat it.

Last edited:
You really got my interest, guys, and I'd definitely like to take part in the Tsukuba FF challenge.
I have already done a bit of testing, however, I have two questions before I actually go racing :
1. In which mode ( easy, standard, hard ) do we race ? ... as the total race time clearly depends on how long we have to battle the AI.
2. How do we handle contact ? ... Just asking as we hardly survive the first turns without any. What's your approach, guys ?

You really got my interest, guys, and I'd definitely like to take part in the Tsukuba FF challenge.
I have already done a bit of testing, however, I have two questions before I actually go racing :
1. In which mode ( easy, standard, hard ) do we race ? ... as the total race time clearly depends on how long we have to battle the AI.
2. How do we handle contact ? ... Just asking as we hardly survive the first turns without any. What's your approach, guys ?
It's a chilli race, so the difficulty setting doesn't affect it.

As for contact, bash around the AI as much as you want - just as long as it speeds you up.

It's a chilli race, so the difficulty setting doesn't affect it.

As for contact, bash around the AI as much as you want - just as long as it speeds you up.
Ah yes, a chilly race, you're right.
So I guess it's just the different grids and different weather conditions that influence the difficulty here.
Bashing around is not exactly my way to race, but I decided to be a little bit generous with myself. :D

I fiddled around with the tune for quite some time and I ended up with something you described earlier :
the ideal setup for this event is soft tyres, low power, and short gears

And hey, this has been a very welcome alternative. Here we go :

Gran Turismo™ 7_20230323215432.jpg

I will upload the replay later, tagged #gtpchallenge. ... Done !

Last edited:
Here are a few more challenges,

Feel free to modify by adding ballast if you want a bit more challenge.

All of the races were done with TCS at 0
to make throttle control more fun/important on the older cars

In BOLD type below is
  • the difficulty setting to choose, not that of the race
  • the time it takes to complete
  • the payout if you don’t get the Clean Race Bonus

Tuned

• 911 Carrera RS (901) ‘73 (600pp) - Sainte-Croix B - Schwarzwald 700 - Normal Setting ~10 min - 80k

• Spyder Type 500/1500RS ‘55 (600pp) - Barcelona-Catalunya GP - Porsche Cup 650 - Normal Setting ~9.75 min - 81k cr
*If you have permanent upgrades for the Porsche (I don’t) try adjusting the power down so you have the following stats for a proper challenge 229 HP, 175Lbs torque, 1301lbs weight with RM tires. Otherwise you might want to try “Hard Setting” for difficulty because your top speed and acceleration will likely be quite a bit more. I did one race on “Hard Setting” and came in 3rd but the leader had quite a gap. You can give it a try with my setting too but it’s certainly more challenging

Stock

DB5 ‘64 (Three Versions of the Challenge)

1. Regular Easy Going
DB5 ‘64 Stock (450.58pp + CM to CS Tires 480.71pp) - Dragon Trail Gardens - FR 550 - Easy Setting ~6 min - 25k cr

2. More Challenging
DB5 ‘64 Stock (450.58pp) - Dragon Trail Gardens - FR 550 - Easy Setting ~6 min - 25k cr

3. More Challenging (but less slippage)
DB5 ‘64 Stock (450.58pp + CM to CS Tires 480.71pp) - Dragon Trail Gardens - FR 550 - Normal Setting ~6 min - 25k cr

EDIT: @ROCKET JOE Nice job man! Excellent time 👍

Last edited:
After watching @ROCKET JOE's replay of the Tsukuba challenge, I realised I was losing a lot of time in the last sector by not going wider through the final turn and onto the start/finish straight. Following this realisation, I got back on the track in my trusty Polo, and...

1679668819618.jpeg

I just want to announce the Any FF Car Challenge at Tsukuba by Hyperspeed980 is now in the “Recommended Challenges and Competitions in Progress” section of the first post. It also includes a leaderboard that will be updated as more entries come in.

Here is a link to the challenge if you’re reading about it here for the first time.
Any FF Car (550pp) - Tsukuba - Clubman Cup by Hyperspeed980

Have fun guys, keep up the fast racing

Since I really like this kind of challenges / competition, I decided to grab another car from my garage, the Clio R.S. 220 Trophy '16, to see what I can do with it compared to the Integra.
And I was a bit surprised that, although they're quite different cars, they handled and performed very similar ( maybe due to similar setups with a high rear and a massive weight shift to the front ). Both are quick, agile and a charm to drive.

Here's the Clio result :

Gran Turismo™ 7_20230324163418.jpg

Best lap was a 1:01,894. Again, I'll upload the replay under #gtpchallenge.
I think that's it for me here on Tsukuba - I don't think I can go much quicker or improve my setups very much.
Congrats to @hyperspeed980, you really know how to squeeze the very best out of your Polo. 👍

73F12E1B-1EF9-4197-AA2F-4C87DAF2B2DB.png

Figured I’d try another go, used different car for fun. It is definitely smokin 🔥
The last lap was actually more than a full second slower than the rest… If I maintained the same pace would have finished in high :09’s
Maybe will try another round later

Still a ton a different FF cars that haven’t been tried yet

Last edited:
View attachment 1243066

Figured I’d try another go, used different car for fun. It is definitely smokin 🔥
The last lap was actually more than a full second slower than the rest… If I maintained the same pace would have finished in high :09’s
Maybe will try another round later

Still a ton a different FF cars that haven’t been tried yet
Holy ****.
That is a REALLY quick time.
I'll admit I've been a little behind on these challenges in the last few days - but this should absolutely get me back on track.

Start your engines! I really don’t know what I’m doing but feel this is getting there as far as representation goes. 2023 liveries although previous-gen inspired in that the downforce is low (a.k.a. my Gr.3s are dressed for IMSA). Brand-Central-accessible but a bit pricey as you scale as you pretty much need to buy a car and all the racing parts for each slot in the grid, not to mention the $500k engine swap in the Toyota Crown.

NASCAR ‘23!

Have put about 10 updates into this (balance and otherwise) since its origination after I watched them run COTA. Thanks in advance for your interest and any feedback :)

Attachments

• GT7 Custom Race: NASCAR ‘23.xlsx
    4 MB · Views: 21
Last edited:
I just thought I’d bump this as it’s a really good idea and I have had a lot of fun with it. I haven’t got any ideas myself, but with the new credit boosts, doing these in Custom Races and comparing times could be really fun!

Back