GT7 Challenge Room: Bonus Content, Grids & Custom Races (First Competition Running w/Leaderboard)

• Thread starter BobDx123
  • 47 comments
United States
United States
This Post is Being Edited. All the links to Challenges, Custom Races & Grids are Still Functioning

Already completed most of the in-game content you’re interested in and want to refresh your experience? Need a break from spending 90%+ of your time on the same tracks with a handful of cars or grinding the same three races for credits? Then you’re in the right place place

Welcome to The Challenge Room

Here you can find new content created by members that incentivizes trying new cars in your garage that range from a variety of challenges, competitions and paid events to fully customized races and Grids.

Everyone is welcome and encouraged to post any challenges, custom races or grids. Be as creative as you like, in whatever format you’re comfortable with. Recommended challenges can be…

Recommended Challenges and Competitions in Progress are Listed in the Bottom of this First Post

Click Here for List of All Challenges

Click Here for Grids & Custom Races

—————————————————————————
—————————————————————————

Recommended Challenges and Competitions in Progress

Any FF Car (550pp) - Tsukuba - Clubman Cup by Hyperspeed980

Current Leaderboard

1. hyperspeed980 - 5:15.495 (Polo GTI '14)
2. ROCKET JOE - 5:16.908 (Clio RS ‘15) & 5:17.412 (Integra Type R '98)
3. BobDx123 - 5:20.834 (Polo GTI '14)
4. pritchyTim - 5:25.364 (Clio RS '15)

Last edited:

Attachments

• GT Challenge Club Templates.xlsx
    45.1 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
This sort of idea happened spontaneously a while back with an odd combination, and we had a blast with it! It was simple in conception and took on a life of its own.
It was easy to generate and needed no upkeep, and we all had a great reason to post updates.

I think each event would need to have its own thread. Maybe, if there’s enough interest, you could get your own sub-forum category for people to post individual challenge threads where we could post our progress.

Last edited:
I like the idea very much, since PD doesn't want to add anything to single player let's do it ourselves. 💪

Hope this idea gains traction

I used to do a variation of this with a group of guys in Forza 4. It was a group who loved American muscle cars, so it was usually some variant of "pick a muscle car with these constraints and post your best laptime". The constraints were usually something like PP, dollars, stock+tires, or HP(max) + Weight(min).

Sometimes we'd have a backstory, like "beat the Subie kid with a Camaro", "Old Mustang vs New Mustang", or "60's British vs 60's American".

It was a lot of fun. Some challenges ended up with a "right answer" for a build, which was always disappointing. But it was fun trying various new combos of cars. We'd also take the cars into "track days" while we worked on them, which was a ton of fun.

I don't really have the free time to run hundreds of laps in dozens of cars anymore, but I do miss this kind of community challenge, and I'd probably participate if it were a good group of people.

* Mazda Demio - stock as acquired - High Speed Ring Trackday (2 races) - in total ranking (after both races) Gold be 1st/ Silver be 2nd/ Bronze be 3rd - hard difficulty setting

I did this because someone was saying "he cant finish High Speed Ring, because he lacks the tuning options to keep up because the shop wasnt further unlocked yet", he was always selecting not the Trackday event but the regional races that were available early on (well yes, the UI has to be learned at first after there is so much hand-holding throughout the game).
I think this is easy, because with a car that slow you have plenty of time reacting to your slow-down-points, and it is a starter car that likely hasnt been touched at all. It was good for calming down after contiously failing at some track experience.

this is a fantastic thread idea! i might encourage a near-the-top post to collect FULL GRID recommendations. Thinking of the excellent/complete GT500 post in the custom race thread the other day. Bit stricter than some of the examples above, and I don’t want to suggest introducing a required minimum bar to invalidate the other options, rather designate an area where a reader can expect to have a more involved but thoroughly detailed process recreating someone else’s event(s).

I don’t presently have anything documented so carefully, but would be honored to contribute a carefully-tuned grid or two as my private iterations become a bit more bulletproof. Right now I am working on three separate grids, which right now are fairly competitive for me but I’d want to tighten up some things before writing into stone.

appreciate any DMs from any passerbys working on the same things as I am, it’s obviously an imperfect idea as you and I (etc.) might come to different conclusions on which track best replicates “that one not in gt7” and which car settings might best represent an accurate BoP across the grid(s). My pet projects right now:

- IMSA ‘23 - 10 GTD/pro, 5 GTP (a lot of nonuniversal decisionmaking on which cars best replicate the real ones), 3 LMP2, 2 LMP3. Also made some subjective decisions around track replacements but it’s going well for me so far.

- ‘71 Muscle - shame we can’t use a couple would-be competitors as they ship with soft or sports tires. There are a handful of american muscle cars from shelby ‘65 to mustang ‘71 that default to CM tires. Fairly convenient to recreate as stock settings make sense but for power/weight balancing with limiter/ballast and potentially custom transmissions as the mustang tops out at a noticeably lower speed than the rest of the pack. No required tracklist.

- Need for Speed Most Wanted “Blacklist” - played this game a lot as a kid and have had a lot of fun challenging “Razor” and the gang as we can recreate most of those cars with liveries already made by other contributors. I may have made a mistake putting everyone on RH tires (sports cars with most other things ‘stock’) but am regularly having a good challenge. Think I need to upgrade AI brakes/pads/clutches for more of the cars, which of course increases the cost and tedium of recreating, but it’s felt worthwhile to me so far. No required tracklist here, either.

The latter is perhaps the most unique and involved, the middle the easiest and most likely for me to submit first, and the first/IMSA the most subjective and likely to be disliked by someone who wants their own interpretation. I am additionally not very knowledgeable to the end of matching real life BoPs, so will likely want some help fine tuning that before committing to the community catalog.

Hope these ideas belong! :)

Some challenges ended up with a "right answer" for a build, which was always disappointing. But it was fun trying various new combos of cars.
The solution to this of course is a Spoiler system for results. Only revealed complete times etc after a certain deadline has passed

Great idea!! I hope it gets put together based on the suggested formats 🤞

The solution to this of course is a Spoiler system for results. Only revealed complete times etc after a certain deadline has passed

Great idea!! I hope it gets put together based on the suggested formats 🤞
That would definitely do the trick! I think we did that a few times, cause I remember being shocked at how "overpowered" the Barracuda was compared to the other 60's muscle cars in Forza. The person running the Barracuda destroyed our laptimes by a full two seconds. We banned the car after that.

In our old group, I think some of the most fun we had was a very active forum thread where we'd all post the results of our afternoon of wrenching/tuning/lapping, trying to beat the most recent poster's new top time. It was a friendly competition, so a new post might be something like:

"Hey everyone, I tried running the Z/28 with a six speed and weight reduction instead of tires and power today. It took a lot of rear suspension tuning, but I managed to pull a full second off my lap. I got out of the low speed corners much faster, and only lost 5mph on the straight. I'm now at a 1:03.325. Take that, you Mopar goofballs!"

There'd be lots of chatter, and invariably a couple faster times would show up later that night.

I think everyone involved learned a lot about the Forza PI system, tuning, and what parts are best used for what purpose (in Forza). I came away with a love of high redlines.

I'll caution that our group also ran into "challenge overload" at one point. We had numerous challenges going at once, and some people would only participate in their favorites. I'd suggest that there's only one challenge going at a time, and they run for roughly two weeks. That gives people enough time to put some good effort in, but not so much time that people drift away when a challenge arrives that someone doesn't much enjoy.

Hey Guys,

Figured I’d leave this for a few days to see if there was any additional interest. So far it appears to be just a small handful of us. However, we won’t really know until the ball gets rolling and I believe that’s the best way to move forward right now.

Their may be some that don’t participate in pre thread discussion like this and others that may join after there is material that appeals to them or when their is a higher level of engagement from more members. It may take a minute in the beginning for the thread to take shape. Hopefully, there will be suggestions and feedback so it can improve/change where necessary and expand.

Obviously there will be content put out that gets skipped over for various reasons, thats ok. Getting ideas and challenges out there is the only way to find what engages people. In the end, the group is going to shape the way this thread turns out and what works best for the community

There have been some good ideas and important points brought up, like the “Spoiler System” and making sure challenges don’t all require expensive upgrades. I think we can start out making this whatever we want and include a variety of things that appeal to a wide range of players. I think it’s important we have material that can be challenging for experienced players and others that are good fun for those that aren’t as competitive.

* @pritchyTim , I think “Grids” are a great idea and plan to integrate them. I agree on the placement, the amount of time and effort spent from anyone posting they should be visible/accessible near the top… My initial thoughts would be to have a section that has “links” directly to the post that contains the information so they can all be accessed from one place without being cluttered or difficult to navigate. A member offered to create a template to help streamline the process 👍

@Bullwinkle @Chunk : regarding the number of challenges “Overload” & seperate discussions for a specific challenge type… they both sound like important things that may come to pass as things grow and take shape. My initial idea (for the time being) was to make this a “hub” of sorts for various challenges. I collected the first 3 posts for room to organize things as well as to provide links to quickly access posts anywhere in the thread. Hopefully this will work to seperate challenges that are “ongoing” for a period of time and involve a lot of discussion. In the future it could also serve to direct users to all/any dedicated threads if they become necessary (like the Mini from the thread you shared).

———-

Feel free to start posting any challenges

A Template will be posted soon for sharing Grids/Custom Races

When there are challenges that people like or become popular I will separate them into a “recommended” area for people to easily find.

Does anyone have requests for certain cars, tracks etc…?

Feel free to share any constructive criticism and additional ideas

More to come later today

Here’s my first stab at a shareable grid/series: American Muscle!

Minimal tuning, and no specific liveries needed, though all cars will require ballast and power restrictor and there are a bunch of custom transmissions I’d appreciate feedback on…not sure if all or no cars should have them (latter being possible if you avoid long straights/ovals). definitely not fussing with custom gearing.

I have only raced this grid on around half-a-dozen tracks, appreciate shoutouts if you run into any where the AI struggle to the point of making it unfun.

Something that might make it IMMEDIATELY unfun is the semi-prohibitive car roster. it’s a bunch of late ‘60s early ‘70s muscle cars you may or may not have in your garage that are found in the UCD and legend shop, though some are gift cars and it’s not necessary to run the full grid.

Thanks in advance for trying it!

Attachments

• GT7 Custom Race: American Muscle ‘71.xlsx
    273.7 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
I've got a neat idea for a challenge, although I haven't quite tested it yet.

Build a 550PP FF road car, take it to the Clubman Cup Plus at Tsukuba, win by a lead of at least 2 seconds, and post your time here. Quickest time obviously wins.

No engine swaps, special parts or nitrous allowed.

List of eligible vehicles can be found here: https://www.kudosprime.com/gt7/carlist.php?tag=Road+Car&drive=FF

The purpose of this challenge is to shine a limelight on some of GT7's less used vehicles, while simultaneously participating in a fun challenge and making some decent money. It'll be interesting to see which one of these cars takes the crown.

Last edited:
Nice work guys. Keep it going.

There is now a template for Custom Races and Grids located in the second post, generously created and provided by @Bojador

Sorry for the delay. I had rewritten much of the original post and just lost it all from accidentally closing the tab. When I tried to reinstate it, the new material was gone.

I’ll try to get everything up quickly, and just continue to make small edits. I will start organizing and linking the posts as well. I’ll continue to reorganize as needed

Last edited:
@BobDx123 and all-

Here's a file to replicate the 2016 Super GT Series for the GT500 class. In it you will find everything to create the full 15 cars grid, with links to ingame liveries replicas, drivers' names, calendar, starting grids for each round, championship rules, BoP, etc.

It requires the acquisition of 15 Gr2 cars in order to have individual liveries and success weight after each race so it's quite the investment, but it's worth it (in my opinion ofc).

Enjoy!

Attachments

• GT500_2016 season.xlsx
    171.8 KB · Views: 29
I need some help guys…

for whatever reason the links that are “embedded” in text are not directing properly. I’m not sure if i’m using the wrong function. In the post, I’m clicking the picture of the Chain Link and copy/pasting each post into the URL and writing the description below.

Does anyone know if there is a different method I should be using. Maybe @Famine ??

For example, in the top post, the hyper link that says click for challenges doesn’t work but the direct link I added next to it works fine
In the most recent version of the first post you've linked to:

http://Post in thread %27GT7 Challenge Club: Bonus Content, Grids & Custom Races (Almost Done)%27

1679313967115.png

You need to put the direct link to the post in the "URL" section of the link box:
1679314093679.png

Last edited:
In the most recent version of the first post you've linked to:

http://Post in thread %27GT7 Challenge Club: Bonus Content, Grids & Custom Races (Almost Done)%27

You need to put the direct link to the post in the "URL" section of the link box:
View attachment 1240990
Yeah I just realized when I hit the share button… It includes the description with the hyperlink and i was pasting the entire thing in the URL.

Thank you for quick help

By the way guys, feel free to tag me in any challenges, grids or custom races to get my attention and make sure it gets organized in the original post with included links.

PS Going to need a few minutes to fix the links I bungled before

Last edited:
@BobDx123 and all.

Here's a custom grid race based on the Super GT series I posted above but with lower requirements. "Only" 3 Gr2 cars are required and balast on 2 of them.

This is also shared as the template, but I figured not everyone will be downloading the template, so here it is.

Enjoy!

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

Last edited:
@BobDx123, I'm guessing the "Spring at Tsukuba" monthly challenge in your original post is separate from my FF-only challenge? Although I suppose one could easily participate in both at once.

Last edited:
@BobDx123, I'm guessing the "Spring at Tsukuba" monthly challenge in your original post is separate from my FF-only challenge? Although I suppose one could easily participate in both at once.
Sorry man, I didn’t connect the dots there. It was along the same lines of something I was trying to do earlier when I lost my post this morning. For whatever reason I didn’t write it somewhere else first to just copy/paste. I have some regular challenges was hoping to have already posted but that set me back.

I’ve just been trying to get stuff up there so it’s not so empty. I just yanked it and will save it for another time 👍, didn’t mean to detract from something you just put up and of course doesn’t make sense to show up on the same day.

Sorry man, I didn’t connect the dots there. It was along the same lines of something I was trying to do earlier when I lost my post this morning. For whatever reason I didn’t write it somewhere else first to just copy/paste. I have some regular challenges was hoping to have already posted but that set me back.

I’ve just been trying to get stuff up there so it’s not so empty. I just yanked it and will save it for another time 👍, didn’t mean to detract from something you just put up and of course doesn’t make sense to show up on the same day.
It's all good, no worries.

For some variety, this first list is comprised of fairly easy going challenges within short events (8 of the races are 5 minutes or less), so there’s a payoff at the end. My idea was to provide options for a handful of stock and tuned cars in races that have been tested, so they’re doable and you won’t be winning by a mile. They vary a bit, some will be closer than others, like the Willy’s at Grand Valley where the lead cars are faster and you have to get ahead in the turns.

They all have an “Underdog” theme where the car falls between 40-180pp below what the races’ suggest.

Feel free to modify by adding ballast if you want a bit more challenge.

All of the races were done with TCS at 0
to make throttle control more fun/important on the older cars

In BOLD type below is
  • the difficulty setting to choose, not that of the race
  • the time it takes to complete
  • the payout if you don’t get the Clean Race Bonus

Tuned Cars
  • Cobra 427 ‘66 - Tune to 580pp - American Clubman Cup 700 - Watkins Glen Long - Normal Setting ~10 min - 70k cr
  • Willys MB ‘45 -no swap Tune under 450pp - American Sunday 600 - Grand Valley 1 Reverse - Normal Setting ~7 min - 45k cr
  • A110 ‘17 - Tune to (550pp) - European Clubman 600 - Brands Hatch Grand Prix - Hard Setting ~5 min - 25k cr
  • Celica GT-Four (ST205) ‘94 - Tune to 515pp - Japanese 4WD 600 - Mount Panorama - Hard Setting ~5 min - 20k cr
  • Delta Stratos ‘73 - Tuned to 530pp - European Clubman 600 - Alsace Village - Hard Setting ~ 7 min - 25k cr
  • Citroen Dallas DS 21 Pallas ‘70 - Tuned to 540pp - Historic 580 - Spa-Francorchamps - Hard Setting ~8.5 min - 55k cr.

Stock Cars
  • Sierra RS 500 Cosworth ‘87 - Stock 468.10pp - American FR 550 - Willow Springs - Normal Setting ~3.25 min - 10k
  • Stingray (C3) ‘69 - Stock 508.20pp - American Sunday 600 - Willow Springs - Normal Setting (Easy Going) ~4.75 min - 15k
  • Corvette (C2) ‘63 - Stock 508.51pp (SH Tire & 146kg Ballast 508.52pp) - American FR 550 - Watkins Glen - Normal Setting~ 5.5 min - 32k *You can try with the stock CS tires but it’s harder even at the same pp with all the slipping
  • Mazda Roadster NR-A (ND) ‘22 - Stock w ballast (410.35 with 90kg) or (404.10 with 150kg) - Japanese FR 450 - Tsukuba Circuit - Normal Setting ~3.75 min - 10k
  • S2000 ‘99 - Stock (485.12pp) - Japanese Clubman 550 - Grand Valley South - Easy Setting ~5.75 min - 55k cr
  • Impreza 22B-STI ‘98 - Stock (517.77pp) - Japanese 4WD 600 - Kyoto Yamagiwa - Hard Setting - ~4 min - 20k cr
  • S2000 ‘99 - Stock (485.12pp) *w/SH tires(495.48)- Japanese Clubman 550 - Autopolis - Normal Setting ~7 min - 20k
*I ended a few seconds behind leader in stock, i’m sure others could do it. The extra 9.5pp from CS to SH tires made it easier. Again, feel free to add ballast to bring pp back down

Last edited:
I've got a neat idea for a challenge, although I haven't quite tested it yet.

Build a 550PP FF road car, take it to the Clubman Cup Plus at Tsukuba, win by a lead of at least 2/3/4/5 seconds (subject to change) and post your time here. Quickest time obviously wins.

No engine swaps, special parts or nitrous allowed.

List of eligible vehicles can be found here: https://www.kudosprime.com/gt7/carlist.php?tag=Road+Car&drive=FF

The purpose of this challenge is to shine a limelight on some of GT7's less used vehicles, while simultaneously participating in a fun challenge and making some decent money. It'll be interesting to see which one of these cars takes the crown.
I just gave this a try for the first time this am. I picked the Clio R.S. 220 Trophy ‘16, honestly, I lost my first race as my setting sucked.
I got the W after band-aid fixing the under steer that made my first go around impossible, however it wasn’t a multi second lead so I’ll have to give it another go.

This is an interesting challenge for a number of reasons, particularly because I don’t believe Praiano (who many rely on) does tunes for FF cars so it’s really up to the player to get them drivable and efficient at 550p

I changed my like to the FIRE emoticon as I’d vote for this to be in the recommended section as I think others would enjoy it. Anyone that reads this should give it a go

Last edited:
I just gave this a try for the first time this am. I picked the Clio R.S. 220 Trophy ‘16, honestly, I lost my first race as my setting sucked.
I got the W after band-aid fixing the under steer that made my first go around impossible, however it wasn’t a multi second lead so I’ll have to give it another go.

This is an interesting challenge for a number of reasons, particularly because I don’t believe Praiano (who many rely on) does tunes for FF cars so it’s really up to the player to get them drivable and efficient at 550p

I changed my like to the FIRE emoticon as I’d vote for this to be in the recommended section as I think others would enjoy it. Anyone that reads this should give it a go
While Praiano doesn't really do FF tunes, I found a nice tuning garage that seems pretty much tailor-made for this challenge:

Personally, I don't like relying on other people's tunes, but if anyone wants to use one of their setups, feel free to give them a shoutout in your post.

Gonna do my first test run of the challenge soon, using the Polo.

Polo test run complete, with a time of 5:24.960.

1679490259841.jpeg

For the sake of getting as many people involved in this competition as possible, I'm gonna set the required lead on 2nd place to 2 seconds.

I also uploaded my test run as a replay, tagged under #gtpchallenge. I'd advise others to do the same.

I gave it a go with the Polo, much nicer driving 👍

I grabbed the suspension from the link you shared but did the rest of the tune my own. I did 3 practice laps to get the feel and then went to race.

A86032AD-325C-4750-9075-23EF078D7558.png
2B99348B-81D1-4F3F-801D-DF258FA84FD1.png

Last edited:
Back