GT7 Circuit Experience Overly Difficult....

United States
United States
TurboJunky34
I now have them all gold

I have 100% gold on all the circuit experiences on GTS but some of these on GT7 are quite unbearable, even on my T300RS. Like, I am honestly to the point if I keep trying to get gold on the GT7 ones, I will stop playing the game lol. Everyone thinks the license test are hard, wait til they try some tracks in Circuit Experience. Tell me why PD thought it was a great idea to make these way harder for no reason. Some tracks I am over a second off, even on a wheel, so I am sorry for the controller users. Also went back to sport and the same sector 1 on Suzuka has the gold requirement 5 seconds slower. GT7 wants you to get a 33.600 where GTS wants a 38.900 with basically the same Gr.3 NSX, and GTS is lenient on track limits and walls. GT7 is strict just like the Licenses so I think PD either has to adjust the gold requirements and give more freedom on track limits like GTS or allow us to use our own cars.

Btw I am absolutely loving the game otherwise but man Circuit Experience is quite deceiving lol

Last edited:
I have 100% gold on all the circuit experiences on GTS but some of these on GT7 are quite unbearable, even on my T300RS. Like, I am honestly to the point if I keep trying to get gold on the GT7 ones, I will stop playing the game lol. Everyone thinks the license test are hard, wait til they try some tracks in Circuit Experience. Tell me why PD thought it was a great idea to make these way harder for no reason. Some tracks I am over a second off, even on a wheel, so I am sorry for the controller users. Also went back to sport and the same sector 1 on Suzuka has the gold requirement 5 seconds slower. GT7 wants you to get a 33.600 where GTS wants a 38.900 with basically the same Gr.3 NSX, and GTS is lenient on track limits and walls. GT7 is strict just like the Licenses so I think PD either has to adjust the gold requirements and give more freedom on track limits like GTS or allow us to use our own cars.

Btw I am absolutely loving the game otherwise but man Circuit Experience is quite deceiving lol
The Suzuka circuit experience in GT7 uses the Gr2 NSX.

I'm not really sure why you think they're "harder". It's just driving around a track lol, there's not anything different about it from GTS. The physics model and force feedback are different but that requires that you adapt and learn new techniques. The entire purpose of Circuit Experience is a get gud at each track so of course the times are going to require repetition and learning.

Can anyone who got gold on La Sarthe circuit experience before the patch do me a favour and give sector 5 a quick try?

I've seen videos of people going flat through the Porsche curves with little issue. But it's seemingly impossible when I try it. Even with minimal steering input, the car just loses traction and spins.

I haven't had trouble with gold on anything else in the game up until this point so I'm hoping that the physics were changed with the update and it'll get fixed. But I fear it was actually like that for everyone and I just need to get good 😅

Can anyone who got gold on La Sarthe circuit experience before the patch do me a favour and give sector 5 a quick try?

I've seen videos of people going flat through the Porsche curves with little issue. But it's seemingly impossible when I try it. Even with minimal steering input, the car just loses traction and spins.

I haven't had trouble with gold on anything else in the game up until this point so I'm hoping that the physics were changed with the update and it'll get fixed. But I fear it was actually like that for everyone and I just need to get good 😅
I did it before the update and the rear was letting go in the Porsche curves but only if I was at full throttle, lifting to around 80% for half a second mid corner made the balance fine.

Oh...you're right, I did just try it and the rear just throws itself out. It's as if the front is too sticky or something, or the rear has no grip, strange.

I also did it before the update and it was as max says, definitely nothing like what I just experienced.

Also, on the entry into indianapolis, that fast bend, the car just continues straight as if i'm not turning the wheel through the depression, it's like the suspension's bottoming out. I noticed this happening when I drove a C4 vette around blue moon earlier today.

Last edited:
Another post complaining about the difficulty -__-

I'm actually hoping there is MORE and MORE of challenging stuff. Gold isn't supposed to be obtainable for everyone. That's why it's gold, duh. I would be extremely upset if PD started listening to the ones complaining about the difficulty and decided to dumb down the physics and make everything easier.

They're definitely harder than they've ever been, but still attainable and I play with a DS4 and directional pad. When I first started GT7 I made it a point to Gold every Circuit Experience as a new track opened up. I did the first 5 or 6 but it was taking me a while so I stopped for now so I can progress in the game a bit more. I'll get back to them eventually, but they definitely are more difficult to Gold than they have been in previous titles. A couple took me quite a while to Gold.

I agree that the circuit experience can be way too difficult, but not across the board. There are a few that stand out, and it's more of a problem with consistency. The random difficulty spikes are quite jarring.

Suzuka sector 1 is one I'm on stuck on. I got gold on all other sectors, and even got gold on the full lap on my first try. But I've blown an hour on the sector 1 test and I'm nowhere near gold. How does that make sense?

Meanwhile all the other circuit experience I've tried is so easy I can probably gold blindfolded, with the exception of Brands Hatch.

If the intention of circuit "experience" is to help players learn a track then I feel the standards regarding pace should be the same throughout. Getting gold should let the player know they are competent enough to race on the track and perform at a nominal level. If they want to strive for a higher level of performance and start aiming for perfection then that's what time trials and leaderboards are for. At least that's how I see it.

I agree that the circuit experience can be way too difficult, but not across the board. There are a few that stand out, and it's more of a problem with consistency. The random difficulty spikes are quite jarring.

Suzuka sector 1 is one I'm on stuck on. I got gold on all other sectors, and even got gold on the full lap on my first try. But I've blown an hour on the sector 1 test and I'm nowhere near gold. How does that make sense?

Meanwhile all the other circuit experience I've tried is so easy I can probably gold blindfolded, with the exception of Brands Hatch.

If the intention of circuit "experience" is to help players learn a track then I feel the standards regarding pace should be the same throughout. Getting gold should let the player know they are competent enough to race on the track and perform at a nominal level. If they want to strive for a higher level of performance and start aiming for perfection then that's what time trials and leaderboards are for. At least that's how I see it.
Suzuka is done in a Gr.2 car. Have you tried Autopolis yet? I barely got gold. They're very high standard because there's a lot of grip hidden behind the driver's fear of crashing or lack of precision. Gold is very possible at Suzuka, I just did it today after 3 tries. Carry more confidence through the corners, the NSX feels very stable to me.

Last edited:
Suzuka is done in a Gr.2 car. Have you tried Autopolis yet? I barely got gold. They're very high standard because there's a lot of grip hidden behind the driver's fear of crashing or lack of precision. Gold is very possible at Suzuka, I just did it today after 3 tries. Carry more confidence through the corners, the NSX feels very stable to me.
Yeah, there's tons of grip with Gr.2. It was my favorite class in GT Sport. I think I could get a handle on it if we could adjust the throttle inputs. The dual sense trigger relation to the throttle in the game is a bit wonky, and there's quite a big deadzone in the upper end. Closest I've been able to get is about 3 tenths off.

Some are definitely harder than S licences, except maybe S10.
But not all of them are so hard, some are like okay difficulty.
Deep Valley with the Porsche is insanely hard for me.

Last edited:
Yeah, there's tons of grip with Gr.2. It was my favorite class in GT Sport. I think I could get a handle on it if we could adjust the throttle inputs. The dual sense trigger relation to the throttle in the game is a bit wonky, and there's quite a big deadzone in the upper end. Closest I've been able to get is about 3 tenths off.
have you turned the trigger haptic things off?

I just did, and I got it within five tries. I'm a bit upset now. I had no idea it was such a handicap. Made throttle control so much easier. Car was on rails
I'm sure some folks are okay with it but I absolutely despised it and turned it off on like, day 2. It feels so much better now.

As much as I like the added challenge of Circuit Experience, my main bugbear is that the rewards don’t seem to match the increased difficulty. Getting gold on all sectors and the full lap totals up to around 45-55k for most circuits, while mid to late game races can match or exceed that figure with less time and difficulty.

Oh...you're right, I did just try it and the rear just throws itself out. It's as if the front is too sticky or something, or the rear has no grip, strange.

I also did it before the update and it was as max says, definitely nothing like what I just experienced.

Also, on the entry into indianapolis, that fast bend, the car just continues straight as if i'm not turning the wheel through the depression, it's like the suspension's bottoming out. I noticed this happening when I drove a C4 vette around blue moon earlier today.
Thanks so much for confirming, I thought I was losing my mind!

And yeah, the previous sector took me a good few tries but I eventually got the hang of the fast right into Indianapolis. I only managed bronze in sector five and didn't bother trying the full lap. Something definitely smelt fishy!

I see it the same way. "Circuit Experience" shouldn't be any harder than the license but some for sure are. The BMW on Nurburgring is a joke. See a lot of "get good" type comments but if they are trying to make the majority of the playerbase happy they shouldn't be overly difficult. If you think some things should't be obtainable then maybe cry to PD an have them get your boy Lewis to set godly times for the aliens who do nothing but sim race on DD wheels and $2k rigs lol

I see it the same way. "Circuit Experience" shouldn't be any harder than the license but some for sure are. The BMW on Nurburgring is a joke. See a lot of "get good" type comments but if they are trying to make the majority of the playerbase happy they shouldn't be overly difficult. If you think some things should't be obtainable then maybe cry to PD an have them get your boy Lewis to set godly times for the aliens who do nothing but sim race on DD wheels and $2k rigs lol
The License tests are a requirement to progress through the game, where the Circuit Experience isn't. So in my mind, it makes sense that they are harder in that case, as they are an extra challenge for those willing to go above and beyond. The game only requires a Bronze for passing them all, so there is no need to get gold unless you want the more difficult challenge.

When I first started playing Gran Turismo, I only ever got Bronze in the License tests to play the game. It was only later on that I went back and challenged myself to get Golds. Some Gold license tests took me a few hours over a couple of days to complete! Nowadays I can get Gold in the License tests fairly easily, usually one or two attempts, and almost yearn for the days where they were more of a challenge. Circuit Experience gives me that challenge and I think it is good. I also believe it is good that not every gold is handed out for little effort and gives players something to strive for and progress towards if they want to do so.

I would almost argue the Circuit Experiences could be harder still. While I have only completed 1, the Trial Mountain one, my lap was a little rough with a few lock ups, and if I hadn't picked up the Gold on that lap, I would have been happy to keep plugging away. It had been a couple of hours by that point anyway! I'm on a controller by the way, and I certainly don't do nothing but race all day every day.

I tried the Suzuka Circuit Experience with Dual Sense (trigger effect off, sensitivity 5). Got the gold for S2, S3, S5 and the full lap on my first try (even overtook the demo ghost on S2). S4 took two attempts, but S1 took more than 10 attempts.

For me, it took me nearly 3 hours to finally gold Suzuka section 1. I can't believe how hard it was :confused:

Was running without TC, I briefly tried it though but didn't help me. I think I mainly lost time in trying too hard and not calmly cornering. It's really hard to explain but the gold time for that is definitely strict. Right after, I golded section 2 on first try :lol:

Gotta love the inconsistency with difficulty.

A word on the overall difficulty on Circuit Experiences though...I feel they're completely fine, you don't even get a huge benefit if you're able to gold everything, so as not to put less experienced players at a disadvantage. I golded everything in the licenses with ease using Dualshock, so I'm glad at least around a half of CE have proven a bit of a grind (disregarding Suzuka... ):crazy:

Last edited:
Back