GT7 Complaints

• Thread starter Megeary100
  • 37 comments
Australia
Australia
To All,
Firstly, does anyone else struggling even managing to send a complaint, think the designers know they've made a sub-par game and thus made it difficult to send feedback, so instead I'll use this.
Playing online is lawless and like gaming 10 years ago, there is no clear scoring or penalty system with people just ramming you off the road to take the victory with I assume only the 'driving safety' only slightly impacted.

When you compare GT7 to F1 2022 or Iracing, there is a staggering difference and it a shame a first but also outrageous for the game to cost a such at the same time.
Anyone looking to get this as a 'real simulation' don't.

It’s not difficult to send feedback to the devs, just pick any of the official social media accounts and post your opinions there and then they’ll take a look at that if and when they are interested in it.

Best regards, All.

Overall I think the larger studios pay less attention to a single complaint than the smaller ones do. The only way you can fix the things you don't like is pick a different game.
There are exceptions. Does anyone here remember Red Alert 2? Westwood had been part of EA for a year or two by then but the Westwood team was still largely intact. They screwed the pooch on the game's fourth update. Dual core Intel systems and all AMD systems started having trouble that would cause the game to crash and the opponent would be awarded a win if it was on the ladder. The Westwood lab didn't have any AMD systems with common hardware setups in them and they couldn't reproduce the bug.
Out of desperation one user sent his entire desktop PC to Los Angeles. It was setup in the lab and the game crashed after 45 minutes. They requested 10-15 more users send in PC's, which the community did, a month or so later two patches were released to fix part of the problem. My all AMD machine had it and was fixed by the patches but not before I learned to win ladder games in 3-5 minutes each. I was running 3Dfx and Creative for visuals and sound respectively, but the entire motherboard chipset was AMD.
I'd say having an affected PC show up at the door got their attention but they never did fully correct the problem. Consumer grade multi core machines were rare at the time and Westwood advised against their use.
If GT7 is giving you problems, pick up a PS2 and one of the GT games for it. They're not online and may look dated but they'll keep you busy.
Or buy a Saturn and Sega Touring Car. That game's developers made no secret of how difficult it was going to be. They emphasized realism over playability and missed the mark on both.

Last edited:
If GT7 is giving you problems, pick up a PS2 and one of the GT games for it. They're not online and may look dated but they'll keep you busy.
I already find that the difference in terms of driving is huge enough with GT Sport, so I won't go that road. I also was playing GT6 while waiting for the servers to come back online when there was a "long" incident. Was fun but I was happy to find the better driving experience and the amazing graphics of GT7.

As I don't have to much time to play, I'll continue like that. But I hope they'll fix the most glaring issues with time (though I don't have high hopes).

To All,
Firstly, does anyone else struggling even managing to send a complaint, think the designers know they've made a sub-par game and thus made it difficult to send feedback, so instead I'll use this.
If you go to gran-turismo.com and look at the top left of the homepage you’ll find multiple ways to reach out to them directly. Or you could go to Polyphony Digital’s website and use the translator if you can’t read Japanese to see they have a link for contacting them. Or you could tweet Kaz directly on Twitter.

IMG_5115.jpeg

Last edited:
I would recommend writing an open letter to Kaz and offer him to come visit him in his Tokyo office at your expenses.

My complaint would be that there is no Drift Point system in the online lobbies, I used to play gran turismo 6 for many hours a day, just drifting and setting scores. There should be something for everyone and I feel us drifters have been kind of left out in a way.

My complaints:
No shuffle game
No deep customization in lobbies
So many cars that don't fit in any races or strange fittings of cars (you can't race a Red Bull against Gr.1 cars it's unfair)
Lobbies that you can't see in which mode of a race are they (Free mode, Race, qualification etc)
In the site https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gt7/user/discover/collection/CarStyle/ in collection section you can't see your intire collection of liveries but only the first.... without to refer that the don't write the model and if this livery is for widebody
Too little events
No championships

Last edited:
Hey fellow racers, am I the only one frustrated by the lack of visible damage in Gran Turismo 7? It's disappointing that even after all these years, we're still missing out on the immersive experience of seeing our cars visibly affected by collisions.

Couldn't care less about a visible damage model, no.
Visible damage in a racing game adds a layer of realism and immersion that enhances the overall experience. It provides visual feedback for players' actions, making collisions and crashes more impactful and rewarding. Furthermore, visible damage can introduce strategic elements, as players need to consider the consequences of their driving choices and adjust their approach accordingly. Ultimately, visible damage enhances the sense of consequence and realism in racing games, elevating the gameplay and creating a more engaging and immersive experience for players.

Visible damage in a racing game adds a layer of realism and immersion that enhances the overall experience. It provides visual feedback for players' actions, making collisions and crashes more impactful and rewarding. Furthermore, visible damage can introduce strategic elements, as players need to consider the consequences of their driving choices and adjust their approach accordingly. Ultimately, visible damage enhances the sense of consequence and realism in racing games, elevating the gameplay and creating a more engaging and immersive experience for players.
Realistic visible damage does add a layer realism, yes. As for enhancing the overall experience…it doesn’t really do anything for those of us who use cockpit and bumper views exclusively. The only time I ever really see the exterior of my car is the tiny bit before the race and afterwards while exiting, unless I need to watch part of a replay to see something, which is rare. Though I suppose seeing nothing but a flipped up hood instead of seeing out of the windshield would be annoying from cockpit view.

As for the consequences, driving choices and adjusting approach bit…that is already handled by the negative performance you get when hitting others or walls (where damage is on of course). Regardless of visible damage or performance impact, I always try my best to run a clean race, but it has nothing to do with how my car will look during or after the race, it’s just me trying to race the car knowing this isn’t a demolition derby or wreckfest type of game, even though a good portion of those who race online seem to think it is.

Realistic visible damage does add a layer realism, yes. As for enhancing the overall experience…it doesn’t really do anything for those of us who use cockpit and bumper views exclusively. The only time I ever really see the exterior of my car is the tiny bit before the race and afterwards while exiting, unless I need to watch part of a replay to see something, which is rare. Though I suppose seeing nothing but a flipped up hood instead of seeing out of the windshield would be annoying from cockpit view.

As for the consequences, driving choices and adjusting approach bit…that is already handled by the negative performance you get when hitting others or walls (where damage is on of course). Regardless of visible damage or performance impact, I always try my best to run a clean race, but it has nothing to do with how my car will look during or after the race, it’s just me trying to race the car knowing this isn’t a demolition derby or wreckfest type of game, even though a good portion of those who race online seem to think it is.
Racing games have come a long way in terms of realism and immersion, providing players with increasingly authentic experiences. One aspect that adds to the immersion and excitement is the inclusion of visual damage. Visual damage refers to the realistic depiction of external vehicle damage resulting from collisions, crashes, or other incidents during races. This essay explores why visual damage is crucial in racing games, enhancing gameplay, immersion, and the overall racing experience.

Realism and Immersion: Visual damage in racing games contributes to the realism and immersion factors, providing players with a more authentic racing experience. When vehicles sustain visible damage, such as dented body panels, broken headlights, or crumpled bumpers, it mirrors the consequences of real-world collisions. This immersion intensifies the emotional connection between the player and their virtual car, enhancing the sense of risk and consequence.

Strategic Decision-Making: The presence of visual damage introduces an additional layer of strategic decision-making for players. When visible damage occurs, players must evaluate the impact on their vehicle's performance and handling. This consideration prompts strategic choices, such as adjusting driving style, making pit stops for repairs, or altering race strategies. Visual damage adds depth to gameplay, compelling players to weigh risks and rewards while making split-second decisions.

Emotional Engagement: Visual damage elicits emotional engagement from players, heightening the thrill and intensity of racing. Seeing the wear and tear on their vehicle, players experience a range of emotions, from frustration and concern to adrenaline-fueled determination. The emotional investment deepens as the race progresses, creating a sense of attachment to the virtual car and a desire to preserve its condition. This emotional engagement enhances the overall gaming experience and encourages long-lasting connections with the game.

Real-Time Consequences: Visual damage provides real-time consequences that mirror the dynamic nature of racing. As players experience collisions or engage in close racing, their vehicles sustain visible damage. These consequences visually communicate the impact of their actions, emphasizing the importance of skillful driving, precision, and caution. Real-time consequences through visual damage reinforce the idea that racing involves risks and rewards, promoting a more realistic and fulfilling gameplay experience.

Authenticity and Immersive Spectating: In addition to the player's experience, visual damage enhances the spectating aspect of racing games. When observing races as a spectator or through online streams, visual damage adds to the authenticity and excitement. Spectators can witness the intense battles on the track and see the tangible effects of collisions and competitive driving. This spectator engagement enriches the viewing experience and further immerses fans in the world of motorsports.

Conclusion: Visual damage holds immense importance in racing games, serving as a key element that enhances gameplay, immersion, and the overall racing experience. By adding realism, strategic decision-making, emotional engagement, real-time consequences, and authentic spectating, visual damage enriches the virtual racing world. Its inclusion creates a dynamic environment that captivates players, encouraging them to push their limits, showcase their skills, and experience the highs and lows of the racing world. With the advancement of gaming technology, visual damage is poised to continue evolving, ensuring that racing games deliver ever more thrilling and realistic experiences for passionate gamers and motorsport enthusiasts alike.

Racing games have come a long way in terms of realism and immersion, providing players with increasingly authentic experiences. One aspect that adds to the immersion and excitement is the inclusion of visual damage. Visual damage refers to the realistic depiction of external vehicle damage resulting from collisions, crashes, or other incidents during races. This essay explores why visual damage is crucial in racing games, enhancing gameplay, immersion, and the overall racing experience.

Realism and Immersion: Visual damage in racing games contributes to the realism and immersion factors, providing players with a more authentic racing experience. When vehicles sustain visible damage, such as dented body panels, broken headlights, or crumpled bumpers, it mirrors the consequences of real-world collisions. This immersion intensifies the emotional connection between the player and their virtual car, enhancing the sense of risk and consequence.

Strategic Decision-Making: The presence of visual damage introduces an additional layer of strategic decision-making for players. When visible damage occurs, players must evaluate the impact on their vehicle's performance and handling. This consideration prompts strategic choices, such as adjusting driving style, making pit stops for repairs, or altering race strategies. Visual damage adds depth to gameplay, compelling players to weigh risks and rewards while making split-second decisions.

Emotional Engagement: Visual damage elicits emotional engagement from players, heightening the thrill and intensity of racing. Seeing the wear and tear on their vehicle, players experience a range of emotions, from frustration and concern to adrenaline-fueled determination. The emotional investment deepens as the race progresses, creating a sense of attachment to the virtual car and a desire to preserve its condition. This emotional engagement enhances the overall gaming experience and encourages long-lasting connections with the game.

Real-Time Consequences: Visual damage provides real-time consequences that mirror the dynamic nature of racing. As players experience collisions or engage in close racing, their vehicles sustain visible damage. These consequences visually communicate the impact of their actions, emphasizing the importance of skillful driving, precision, and caution. Real-time consequences through visual damage reinforce the idea that racing involves risks and rewards, promoting a more realistic and fulfilling gameplay experience.

Authenticity and Immersive Spectating: In addition to the player's experience, visual damage enhances the spectating aspect of racing games. When observing races as a spectator or through online streams, visual damage adds to the authenticity and excitement. Spectators can witness the intense battles on the track and see the tangible effects of collisions and competitive driving. This spectator engagement enriches the viewing experience and further immerses fans in the world of motorsports.

Conclusion: Visual damage holds immense importance in racing games, serving as a key element that enhances gameplay, immersion, and the overall racing experience. By adding realism, strategic decision-making, emotional engagement, real-time consequences, and authentic spectating, visual damage enriches the virtual racing world. Its inclusion creates a dynamic environment that captivates players, encouraging them to push their limits, showcase their skills, and experience the highs and lows of the racing world. With the advancement of gaming technology, visual damage is poised to continue evolving, ensuring that racing games deliver ever more thrilling and realistic experiences for passionate gamers and motorsport enthusiasts alike.
I totally get all that, that’s all kind of common sense, no?.
I’m saying for those of us who only use cockpit view or bumper view and never see the exterior of our cars, it doesn’t really add anything to the experience for us…we can’t see the visible damage to our cars except in replays after the race is done. Visible damage does nothing to/for you if you can’t see it.

I totally get all that, that’s all kind of common sense, no?.
I’m saying for those of us who only use cockpit view or bumper view and never see the exterior of our cars, it doesn’t really add anything to the experience for us…we can’t see the visible damage to our cars except in replays after the race is done. Visible damage does nothing to/for you if you can’t see it.
The Crucial Role of Visual Damage in Racing Games: Beyond the Driver's Field of Vision

Introduction: Visual damage in racing games has become an integral aspect of the genre, serving various purposes beyond the driver's immediate field of vision. Although the driver may not directly witness the damage, its inclusion is vital for enhancing immersion, realism, strategic decision-making, player engagement, and the overall gaming experience. This essay delves into the extensive importance of visual damage in racing games, emphasizing its impact on multiple levels.

Enhanced Immersion and Realism: Visual damage contributes to the immersion and realism of racing games, even if the driver cannot directly see it. Accurately depicting external vehicle damage resulting from collisions adds a layer of authenticity to the virtual racing experience. The presence of visual damage reinforces the high-stakes nature of racing and creates a sense of consequence. It fosters a deeper emotional connection between the player and the virtual car, elevating the overall immersion and engagement.

Environmental Feedback and Consequence: Visual damage serves as an essential form of environmental feedback and consequence for the driver's actions. Although the driver may not directly see the damage in real-time, its presence provides valuable information about the repercussions of their driving choices. For instance, a dented fender or a shattered windshield communicates the severity of a collision, encouraging the driver to learn from their mistakes and adjust their driving techniques accordingly. This feedback loop enhances the learning curve, encouraging players to become more skilled and strategic in their approach to racing.

Strategic Decision-Making: Visual damage plays a significant role in influencing strategic decision-making, even if the driver cannot see it firsthand. The knowledge that collisions and crashes can result in visible damage prompts drivers to reassess their driving tactics and adjust their strategies accordingly. Understanding that aggressive maneuvers can lead to detrimental consequences encourages drivers to strike a balance between pushing their limits and preserving the condition of their vehicle. The inclusion of visual damage adds depth to the gameplay, requiring players to make calculated decisions based on the potential consequences of their actions.

Aesthetic Satisfaction and Personalization: Visual damage contributes to the aesthetic satisfaction and personalization of the gaming experience. Despite the driver's limited view of the damage, its inclusion allows players to appreciate the visual impact of collisions and crashes on their virtual vehicles. Customization and personalization are integral aspects of racing games, and visual damage adds an extra layer of emotional attachment to players' virtual cars. The desire to maintain the pristine appearance of their vehicles incentivizes careful and skillful driving, allowing players to showcase their personalized creations while competing.

Dynamic Replayability: Visual damage enhances the dynamic replayability of racing games, making each race a unique and evolving experience. While the driver may not always witness the damage during a particular race, the cumulative effects of damage from previous races can impact subsequent gameplay. The visual degradation of the car over time adds an element of progression, creating a sense of realism and enhancing the longevity of the game. Players can witness the wear and tear on their vehicle, appreciating the journey and development of their virtual racing career.

Community Engagement and Spectator Experience: Visual damage significantly contributes to the engagement of the gaming community and the spectator experience in racing games. Even if the driver cannot see the damage, spectators and fellow players can witness the consequences of collisions and crashes. The inclusion of visual damage adds authenticity and excitement to races, allowing spectators to feel more involved and connected to the competitive environment. It fosters a shared understanding of the challenges and risks faced by the drivers, encouraging community discussions, and enhancing the sense of camaraderie within the gaming ecosystem.

Skill Differentiation and Competitive Balance: Visual damage plays a crucial role in skill differentiation and maintaining competitive balance among players. The presence of damage serves as a visible indicator of a driver's performance and ability to avoid collisions.

visible physical damage in Gran Turismo will only benefit dive bombers giving them a visual reinforcement for thier poor actions.

It serves no purpose in a game focused on developing sportsmanship and racecraft. You are not supposed to be hitting other cars or walls in Gran Turismo. If you are you are playing wrong and should try Forza instead.

No thanks.

Speaking from my own experience, possibility of interaction leads to interaction. If I can shoot the limbs off enemies in an FPS, then yes, I will shoot them to bits. It's fun to do things and see how the world (especially a virtual one, where you're freed from consequences and moral quandaries) changes as a result of your actions. A visual damage model would make it fun to destroy cars, and having fun destroying cars is just not what I play Gran Turismo for. The points you listed aren't wrong; it's just that a better damage model is not included by choice. And I think it's a good choice.

Last edited:
My complaint: Why am I still receiving invitations to buy cars when I've bought/collected all of them already?
🤣
I agree. I’m a bit peeved when I’ve received the same invitation three times for a car I already have, especially when it’s a from special “5 Star” ticket.

I would recommend writing an open letter to Kaz and offer him to come visit him in his Tokyo office at your expenses.

If that's really possible I'm really keen to do it.

Wouldn't cost much for me from Osaka to Tokyo or Yokohama.

The only thing is if this is reallllyyyyyy possible tho...

I just don't want to put my whole heart out there, expecting for a reply then left with fruitless anticipation :(

If that's really possible I'm really keen to do it.

Wouldn't cost much for me from Osaka to Tokyo or Yokohama.

The only thing is if this is reallllyyyyyy possible tho...

I just don't want to put my whole heart out there, expecting for a reply then left with fruitless anticipation :(
So y'know, try not doing that

My complaint: Why am I still receiving invitations to buy cars when I've bought/collected all of them already?
🤣
This is my biggest issue with the game right now. I’ve only received four invites since I started (Level 40) and every single invite has been for the same Porsche. I can only dream of having the option to buy a different invite-only car.

When is split screen going to be fixed in gt7
Per the official Gran Turismo website: “In a 2P Split Screen race, the Assist Settings for Player 2 are locked. We plan to fix this in a future update. (Player 1 will use the same Assist Settings as defined in [Settings] > [Assist Settings].)”

Back