GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 34,711 comments
View attachment 1359148

I am at 1:41:1(1:40.5 optimal) high 1:41, low 1:42s in the race, been though LOTS of experimentation this morning. ABS weak, brake balance -5.

this tune is rapid around the two long sweeper and though the high speed chicance, the mid speed one you can basically hit the curbs dead on, but it struggle on the tight hairpin with front end wheel spin and can be unstable, and the last chicane is can be very unstable.

oh Edit the Brake sensitivity should be "5" NOT "10"
I'm gonna try this. Thank you! Also great times bud!

My gut feel is lower the front sway bar/ARB and tweak the front diff settings a fraction but let's see.

Really appreciate this!

Really like the flow of Kyoto in a Gr.4 on RM tires. Put down a 1:42.597 QT for Race B in the NSX (default settings). Decided to head online as is, and saw some familiar players, which is always nice.

Race 1: Started P4. Had a hairy start and almost got collected a few times. Managed to eek out a small gap to the cars behind me, but the cars out front ran off into the sunset. More than happy to finish P3.

Race 2: Started P6. Made a poor decision to pass through the esses on the last lap, and dropped a few places, leaving me to finish in P9.

Race 3: Started P9. My brain left the chat and I had a solo spin, putting me down in P15 (last). Was making good progress until I got hip-checked into the barrier coming out of the esses on the last lap. Salvaged a P12.

Whittled a half second off my QT, for a 1:42.095.

Race 4: Started P2. My tiny lizard brain decided that I needed to have another solo spin. Struggled my way back up to P11.

Race 5: Started P2. Lead car bungled the chicane, and I inherited the lead. Almost lost it in the kink before the final straight, but the car that was closing in on me followed me off, and I managed to hold on for my 7th win with P1!

Race 6: Started P5. Got shoved around a bit and dropped a few places. Had trouble getting past a Cayman, but eventually did, and nabbed P10.

full

full
No shout out this time 😭

Heartbroken

Last edited:
I'm gonna try this. Thank you! Also great times bud!

My gut feel is lower the front sway bar/ARB and tweak the front diff settings a fraction but let's see.

Really appreciate this!

No shout out this time 😭

Heartbroken
weridly enough this car seems to be responding the opposite of how you would think sway bar will react.

I seem to getting more front end grip with a higher front bar.

Also I tried initial much much lower. Lowering it can get you more rotation in to the turn but its seems faster on exit and overall for me running 35-45 initial.

Low A/S ranked (just got promoted to A yesterday), any suggestions for race cars and tunes for Race B besides the Citroen?

With the 650s using The Kie's config, I managed to somehow get a 1:40:450 QT which gave me pole position in the two races I've done so far.

Weirdly the 650s race pace is not great, the car feels lazy to turn... Don't know why since it's just 5 laps?

Couldn't do any laps under 1:42 in the race and lost 1st place to a Citroen and a G70.

I only race in VR and the Citroen cockpit view is terrible, can barely see anything

Last edited:
Low A/S ranked (just got promoted to A yesterday), any suggestions for race cars for Race B besides the Citroen?

With the 650s I managed to somehow get a 1:40:450 QT which gave me pole position in the two races I've done so far.

Weirdly the 650s race pace is not great, the car feels lazy to turn... Don't know why, as it's just 5 laps?

Couldn't do any laps under 1:42 in the race and lost 1st place to a Citroen and a G70.

I only race in VR and the Citroen cockpit view is terrible, can barely see anything
G70 use the tune I posted a page back and just work on how hard you are breaking and when. There are 2 corners you slow for and coast or maintenance throttle to.

Also wait wait wait to accelerate out of the haripina. It takes a lot of restraint but you get cleaner exits.

Go forth and conquer dude

G70 use the tune I posted a page back and just work on how hard you are breaking and when. There are 2 corners you slow for and coast or maintenance throttle to.

Also wait wait wait to accelerate out of the haripina. It takes a lot of restraint but you get cleaner exits.

Go forth and conquer dude

Thank you for this, I'll check it out!

A fun day out at Brands, in a variety pack of cars

IMG_4376.jpeg

IMG_4382.jpeg

IMG_4383.jpeg

IMG_4384.jpeg

but there’s always one opponent who zooms off up the road, so no win.

It does help to set a decent quali lap for once, usually I start near the back in B lobbies.

All with stock setups, I don’t agree with this tuning nonsense.

Last edited:
Back online racing after long time. Miles off where I was when I stopped playing.

One thing that crossed my mind is that DR should drop by x amount after a period of no online racing. I was high B when I stopped. No way am I that pace now so I've had to pootle round at the back for a while to drop down to a DR level where my pace is more represented.

Last edited:
Hope we see each other on the track!

Btw didn't try your setup yet, first I tried to milk the hell out of the inverted space shuttle setup (all the front to the right, all the rear to the left, diff 5-60-5 for both), it's a lottery to nail the curbs in the chicane, bumpy and jumpy, but so fast everywhere else :)

For Brands I got like the 7th time in the world on wednesday or thursday even, dropped to P21 I think at the end when everyone started using the G70, didn't really try the quali again, just raced from pole and pumped up the rating while I can :D But used basically the same setup, only difference being that on Brands I also used BBal+4, here I leave it at 0, otherwise the rear just slides on braking and you lose time :) Just need to see how it is on race pace, but other than the more carefull aproach to the chicane, I can't see that there will be issues (hopefully :D )

@TheNormsk @Vule

It's not that complicated and if the car is sliding you are definitely doing it wrong. Even at the limit I can keep it stable in the fast coast bends and the first chicane. The car shouldn't be moving around like that 😲

Edit:

I'll set a proper time tomorrow when I get home from work. I do need to explore the TT though as it's quick and I can't drive the Lambo otherwise vule has set my manu target! 🤣

Last edited:
My car is stable. These are my tunes. I was running with the bottom set initially.

Brands Hatch - Racing Medium
Brake Bias: +4
Suspension
  • Anti-roll Bar: 10 / 1
  • Damping Ration (Compression): 40 / 20
  • Damping Ration (Expansion): 50 / 30
  • Natural Frequency: 3.20 / 3.20
Differential Gear
  • Initial Torque: 5 / 5
  • Acceleration Sensitivity: 45 / 30
  • Braking Sensitivity: 10 / 10

Brands Hatch - my settings - this got me 33rd world fastest
Brake Bias: +4

Suspension
  • Anti-roll Bar: 9 / 2
  • Damping Ration (Compression): 28 / 34
  • Damping Ration (Expansion): 38 / 46
  • Natural Frequency: 2.60 / 3.20
Differential Gear
  • Initial Torque: 5 / 5
  • Acceleration Sensitivity: 45 / 35
  • Braking Sensitivity: 12 / 10

EDIT: since posting this I have moved my tune away from these but they could still work as a good base.

Last edited:
I’ve skipped the dailies for the last couple weeks, with what little time I have to play taken up with club racing and GTWS.
It being a bank holiday here in the UK, I was tempted back today, as B and C both looked fun, but race B was like Wacky Races! Definitely an Alt account week for that one. Race C was much calmer, after the 1st lap craziness was over. I’m hoping for an enjoyable week!

Last edited:
Enjoy Indy, and don’t worry about the rain. The only time I went I camped at the Coca Cola Bottling Factory field with several thousand of my closest friends, and it rained all night long. Like, tornado weather. And with every lightning flash the entire crowd cheered. By morning it was clear enough to race. The whole experience was a circus, especially the bumper-to-bumper traffic of drunk fans trying to race home after the event!

If you get a chance, go to the infield. The race is incredible there, plus there’s an entirely different circus going on there as well.

Have fun!
It rained heavily when the race was supposed to start. My son and I were under our grandstand trying to stay dry. But it cleared up within an hour or two, they dryed the track, the sun came put, they did all the pre-race stuff (the flyover was spine-tingling), and they went racing. And what a race it was. If anyone hasn’t seen it, watch the last lap battle between Pato and Newgarden, with Pato passing for the lead on the last lap at T1, and Newgarden getting him back ‘round the outside of T3 at over 200mph. Epic stuff. We were in T4. The sight and sound of the cars ripping by at those speeds was something.

The infield crowd was hardcore. They stayed out in the rain and partied!

Last edited:
Boy, do I have some tuning to do, Kyoto sucked (actually I sucked). Pretty easy to get clean race bonuses from where I was. I was just starting to get competent at Dragon Trail last week.

Last edited:
For my apathy on the last two weeks of races, B this week is making me love daily races again! Yamagiwa is so good!

I think I like it as it is a track I have not raced on much, if at all before, so it is fresh to me. Also in my races, there has been such a mix of cars its refreshing. Sure the Huracan is the dominate car and can be driven fast by those with skill but as I am finding it can also be driven fast by those that don't have skill right until they go careening off the track into a barrier! :D

I'm definitely in the minority with the G70 and for those races with more than me, I'm the fastest currently. I did four races, and in all of them, I had pretty much the same people. One drove a Scirocco and was proper rapid in it and was able to pass me in two races with comparable ease. That may be a sleeper car here.

My first race started well. Went from 6th to finish 3rd after three of those before mentioned Huracans took themselves out. That''s fine by me.

Gran Turismo® 7_20240527220109.jpg

Race two, was a little disappointing in that I got hit on lap 4, causing me to drop to the back and finish 14th. Up to that point, it has been a bit argy-bargy with 2, sometimes 3 wide though the hairpins/chicane. It was proper BTCC stuff and was terrific fun until I was crashed out.

The next two races, was more about trying to not lose spots as I tinkered with my LSD settings to see if I could get more race pace out of the G70. I went from 2nd to 6th on race 3 and 2nd to 5th on race 4.

That last one was mostly my fault though for losing spots as I went grass cutting twice. That allowed a B ranked player to duke it out with me for a couple laps until my second off when he finally got past. He thanked me for the incredible racing at the end, so I went back and looked at the replay. You know? It was good. It's one of those races that though, I did not get a podium, it was more than made up for by quality racing around you.

Perhaps I was lucky with a good group but the A/A+ races I was in were top notch for the most part with lots of side by side action and no calamity. Everyone (mostly) respected each other's space, even though it was very closely fought. Most races the top 6 finished within about 6 seconds and that was with an A+ guy on pole for most races.

Oh and congrats to @GrumpyOldMan! You have a stellar QT time. I am 0.008s behind and try as I might, I was not able to improve so I gave up and raced instead, which is what I should have been doing for an hour before, instead of wasting time trying to beat you! :cheers:

Last edited:
For my apathy on the last two weeks of races, B this week is making me love daily races again! Yamagiwa is so good!
That's awesome to hear! I was really hoping that would happen for you.
Oh and congrats to @GrumpyOldMan! You have a stellar QT time. I am 0.008s behind and try as I might, I was not able to improve so I gave up and raced instead, which is what I should have been doing for an hour before, instead of wasting time trying to beat you! :cheers:
LOL, thanks. I'm currently not qualifying or racing, because I've gotten sidetracked: I'm developing a system that can automatically enter my car settings for me. It's so much fun to work on stuff like this.

I doubt anyone else will be able to use it, because:
  1. It runs on a Mac only.
  2. So obviously you need a Mac close by your racing rig/easy chair/whatever.
  3. It uses the free Sony program "PS Remote", which isn't an issue - just thought I'd mention it.
  4. It requires a program called Keyboard Maestro (KM). You don't need to know much about KM, but it requires a little effort to get it set up and running.
You supply your desired settings, and when you run it, it automates the process of entering all the values.

I'll post a video after I get it smoothed out, just for kicks and giggles.

Man, I'm such a nerd.

Im not a fan of "tuning enabled races" but I have to admit that with this move we are now seeing a lot of competitive cars wich is always a good thing.
The question now is why PD doesnt let us save our setups?

Last night I made my first C race of the week and I encountered 7 brands (GT-R, 911, V12, AMG, RS01, RCF, M6).
The usual BOP should have killed most of this options.
1716902270047.png

Jumped in with a few qualy laps (started on P7) with no clue about tyre wear and possible strategies.

All the cars ahead went for the same strat (stint of 50% race) so I assumed they were changing tyres.

Seeing that, I decided to make a long stint till the end with clean air and some tyre managment, and a "stop and go" with no tyre changes on last lap.
It worked and I made it to P2!

The last print shows my tyre wear at the end of the race
1716902374448.png

1716902407315.png

1716902543874.png

Im not a fan of "tuning enabled races" but I have to admit that with this move we are now seeing a lot of competitive cars wich is always a good thing.
The question now is why PD doesnt let us save our setups?

Last night I made my first C race of the week and I encountered 7 brands (GT-R, 911, V12, AMG, RS01, RCF, M6).
The usual BOP should have killed most of this options.
Not sure the tuning is making any difference other than at the top levels. I've had a podium with 6 different cars and all of them were completely stock. Just think the BoP is working as intended for this particular event (so far - a meta will still surely emerge).

Back