GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 34,326 comments
I dont get the tuning enable hate. The cars already have fair HP and weight. Setting up with out understanding set ups or just blindly copying setup does not mean it will be better for you.

Just look at your DR will be combination of your driver skill and tuning ability.

The thing is Gr3/gr4 cars already come with fully custom suspension, gearbox, aero, and Limited slip. IMO the entire sheet should be allowed to changed.......I would love to fix the poor aero balance on many of the Gr4 cars.

but yeah I really really wish there was some way to save the sheet and just keep reusing it.

I dont get the tuning enable hate. The cars already have fair HP and weight. Setting up with out understanding set ups or just blindly copying setup does not mean it will be better for you.

Just look at your DR will be combination of your driver skill and tuning ability.

The thing is Gr3/gr4 cars already come with fully custom suspension, gearbox, aero, and Limited slip. IMO the entire sheet should be allowed to changed.......I would love to fix the poor aero balance on many of the Gr4 cars.

but yeah I really really wish there was some way to save the sheet and just keep reusing it.
I don't mind the tuning and fast drivers are fast regardless of tuning. What I find with tuning and what I like is that, particularly with the LSD, that you can tweak the car to suit your driving style. Be that help tame peaky engines or whatever, I find it is about making the car more drivable. Ultimate top speed is not going to change but minor improvements to handling can help you shave fractions off corner transition time.

For my G70 set up, at times the car might feel slow as I tuned out tire spin and squeal so it is a lot less dramatic but it results in more consistency and for me I'm not very consistent so that helps me a lot.

The biggest downer with tuning is the minute it takes to set up a car before race. PD really needs to fix the saving tunes issue.

Last edited:
Was that a wide mixed lobby? That was a lot more disorganized in the back field than my races.
It was 2/3rd B/S or at least that was what I was.

There was a lot of early lap jockeying (which I got to watch with 🍿)

But as I was getting up the order there was only typical racing contact and people weren't running people wide or "forgetting to brake"

I couldn't say categorically it was but anecdotally watching it back it does look like it.

Not that I would approve of this, but I am really surprised that PD hasn't created a Showcase marketplace where people can "sell" their tunes/liveries etc for credits.
I think the setups should just be open for all to see for free.

Well I want set ups enabled 100 percent of the time. I dont want to go down the Iracing/ACC route.

Thank you for the tune!

The G70 didn't suit my driving style so I decided to use these exact same settings but on the Huracán and it worked like a charm! Can consistently get better race pace than with the 650s and even improved my QF!

Managed to get my 1st race win as a DR-A!

18fc04c938e15-screenshotUrl.jpg

DR-A looked totally out of reach when I first started playing Gran Turismo a year ago, the last 6 months I decided to dive into online racing and now I guess I have to aim for A+, I'm sure it will be a terribly arduous and frustrating journey to get there 😅

Last edited:
It was 2/3rd B/S or at least that was what I was.

There was a lot of early lap jockeying (which I got to watch with 🍿)

But as I was getting up the order there was only typical racing contact and people weren't running people wide or "forgetting to brake"

I couldn't say categorically it was but anecdotally watching it back it does look like it.
Yeah, I see now that it was a B lobby. I thought you were into the mid As but perhaps that is the main account only, kind like my main account is 47% A and my Abroad account is around 90% B, which I am happy to keep at B as the racing can be, what can I say, more fun? :lol:

First go at Daily B after a week off, went for the Huracán as there were a few in the top 10 times.
Had a play around with some tunes and got a reasonable time for this early in the week but haven't raced it yet, its a bit twitchy so may have to try the G70 or 650.

View attachment 1359121

Not sure if you’ve given the Huracan a shot in races yet but it’s been kind to me overall. I’m getting some decent results and it seems to work really well after tires warm up on lap 2.

Killer QT btw. Well done.

Yeah, I see now that it was a B lobby. I thought you were into the mid As but perhaps that is the main account only, kind like my main account is 47% A and my Abroad account is around 90% B, which I am happy to keep at B as the racing can be, what can I say, more fun? :lol:
Yeah mid A on the main, low A on the back up and just returned to my touring account so working it up to A 2 more races without incidents and I'll be there.

Although tempted to keep it B so I can do GT2 races as well as GT1

I switched to the Huracan like many others, and managed to shave off a few tens on my QT at B. Tried many different setups, but it's hard to find something that works well over the entire lap. Long fast corners and tight low speed turns with high curbs, so not easy. I managed to get on top on my friends list for the first time, so I think I must have done something right.

Tomorrow I will try a few races. The two I did on Monday ended with me last, all down to myself and my tendency to get nervous and make silly decisions.
Skärmavbild 2024-05-28 kl. 20.55.55.png

Here's the tune if anyone would like to make a suggestion. It's a bit understeery in high speed corners, but I'm more of an understeer type of person.

Skärmavbild 2024-05-28 kl. 20.55.22.png

I switched to the Huracan like many others, and managed to shave off a few tens on my QT at B. Tried many different setups, but it's hard to find something that works well over the entire lap. Long fast corners and tight low speed turns with high curbs, so not easy. I managed to get on top on my friends list for the first time, so I think I must have done something right.

Tomorrow I will try a few races. The two I did on Monday ended with me last, all down to myself and my tendency to get nervous and make silly decisions.
View attachment 1359497

Here's the tune if anyone would like to make a suggestion. It's a bit understeery in high speed corners, but I'm more of an understeer type of person.

View attachment 1359498
It's really interesting, that I tweak my diff the same as yours.

Suspension wise we went different directions but as proven yours is better. I never get on with the lambo but maybe this time...

Edit: up the rear damping compression to let the car grip a bit more. And max the rear frequency so that it oscillates better with the tighter movement. It will initially feel oversteer but trust it.

Also try the G70 tune, it offers a lot of balance in the sweepers and chicane but you have to be (and you are anyway) good on trail breaking and take the fast line not the tight line as the aliens have us believe

Last edited:

View attachment 1359497

View attachment 1359498

I may try this to see how it works.

I’m having good luck with stock settings and only change rear arb to 9 everything else untouched except for using bb at 2 to the rear.

Less stressful setup to memorize for each entry 😉

Nothing like breathing down the neck of p1 with a 5 second lead over the rest of the pack and your wife starts talking to you causing you to bin it right off the track.
That is life, it's something we all have. Wife child and dog.

Race a again bud that's all we can do or do the right thing and wait till tomorrow ;)

up the rear damping compression to let the car grip a bit more. And max the rear frequency so that it oscillates better with the tighter movement. It will initially feel oversteer but trust it.
Wonderful - thanks!! Will try that.
I’m having good luck with stock settings and only change rear arb to 9 everything else untouched except for using bb at 2 to the rear.
Ah - forgot about the BB! Will try that as well.

Thanks both!

Managed 4 wins and a 7th (after running wide and spinning myself at the exit the long left-hander) in the Corvette last night, all from pole (I suspect my time of a 1:40.1 is no longer good enough for pole after more people have qualified). It's way too stiff over the chicane curbs no matter how I tune the suspension, so I gained a few tenths over the course of the whole lap, only to lose most to all of that time gained at the chicane because I can't take it as fast as the likes of the G70 or Huracan.

Probably won't participate in Race A for an actual race, but the Clio V6 is a fun car. Did a sloppy 1:48.860 QT earlier, leaving just under a second on the table getting frustrated. Need to get a handle on smoothing out my inputs to manage weight shift and over/understeer.

I had four more B races. Two on the Abroad account and two on the main account. A bit of a mixed fare.

The Abroad races suffered from racing in unsocial hours which does not have the best racers. 2 was enough.

Then switched to main account and I’m beginning to think I’m in company I can’t compete with. :eek:

IMG_8166.jpeg

That’s 5 A+ ahead of me. :scared: Luckily for me several of them decided to take themselves out so I actually gained and finished 5th (I was actually 3rd at one point but the A+ were too fast once they caught back up after their off).

IMG_8167.jpeg

In the end I was very happy. That was less than 2 seconds between me and 1st. And shout out to 1st. B ranked from 10th to win. Me thinks he might be an imposter. The RC F, is that the new GOAT?

The next race was more disappointing as my QT wasn’t cutting it any more. I needed to improve my time.

I tried many cars but kept going back to the G70. My concern with that car is that it appears to lose pace in the race. Not sure if it’s me or the tires as they heat up but I nearly always set my fastest laps on lap one or two and then it falls off after that in QT. In race it’s similar. Laps one and two are good, then the Huracans seem to come alive as I fall back and then I get mobbed by lap 4. I’m wondering if my tune was causing the tires to overheat?

Anyway, after that I reviewed the tune notes from everyone here and compared and tested against mine. I ended up incorporating several elements and shaved 0.3 of my time, putting me back into the top 600 globally.
IMG_8164.jpeg

Thank you for all the tune feedback. For my style of driving, this feels so good now. Planted and very stable in the turns and predictable on placement.

So as I stole from others, I guess I should share my tune. Brake balance is +3 (to the rear).

IMG_8165.jpeg

Last edited:
So can you provide your Huracan tune? Thanks.

Thank you for the tune!

The G70 didn't suit my driving style so I decided to use these exact same settings but on the Huracán and it worked like a charm! Can consistently get better race pace than with the 650s and even improved my QF!

Managed to get my 1st race win as a DR-A!

View attachment 1359479

DR-A looked totally out of reach when I first started playing Gran Turismo a year ago, the last 6 months I decided to dive into online racing and now I guess I have to aim for A+, I'm sure it will be a terribly arduous and frustrating journey to get there 😅
IMG_0427.png

Noise cancelling headphones :cheers:
Ha, that's rich.

Side note. I'm a fan of your profile. Grew up on Andre and adore the princess bride. Just finished reading the book and subsequently the movie with my 7 yr old son. Can't imagine fezzik without Andre. Apparantly swarzenegger was pegged for the role but he was too famous by the time the movie was to be made. Thank god.

Back