GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 31,107 comments
Seems the K20 Mini is already smashing everything else in the Race A leaderboards... so as long as you stretch the gears out enough to avoid spinning in 5th, you should be good!

ran a few of the first Race A’s… they’re fun to drive in and I think there are more options than just the Super Mini… but in order to compete at all you have to squat the car. It’s sad because I would gladly spend all week figuring out optimal settings for these cars, but 99% of this PP system is about finding glitches in the numbers. Pretty sure the system struggles with HP calculations in the engine switched cars.

update- hit 1:24 in the countach 88, won a race. hopefully there’s variety in this race all week, it seems like 90% of the Mini drivers struggle

Last edited:
I had so much horsepower in the Mini the tires were squealing on the straights. I can't get it to handle. I went with the BAC Mono.

mono.jpg

Seems the K20 Mini is already smashing everything else in the Race A leaderboards... so as long as you stretch the gears out enough to avoid spinning in 5th, you should be good!
The Mini may be good for a lap but it seems to be a handful throughout the race.
20220704_063614.jpg

Also, to me the LS7 swapped Silvia Q's is a bit better all around than the Mini and is much more fun to drive. Here's my best lap and tune for it so far, though I can go much faster.

I will finalize a tune for the Hellcat and Plymouth XNR tomorrow that shouldn't be far off the meta. Other good cars are the engine swapped Lancia Delta and Mazda Atenza (maybe the Celica but it's better with weight reduction which doesn't work as good on a power track).

How do we get people to relax in Race A and not obsessively run metas and just enjoy running and tuning a variety of cars. Take away the win stat like they did DR and SR? Offer more credits for running slower cars?

The whole idea is to provide that classic GT mixed race experience but online, getting some warped meta that just exploits the stats kills the race immediately for me and I'm sure many others.

Don't know what I did wrong last week, but it put me off for the whole week since I cant find much time to wait around for the race to start on 30min intervals.

I don't do daily races much, so I might have gotten the process wrong, but the 15minute countdown for race C (glen) started, so I hopped in, I didn't have a car so I had to borrow one, borrowed a car and it loaded me into the track, started lapping for a quali time, which it registered just fine. The half hour rolls up and nothing happens, I'm still sat on the track by myself with the lap timer running? I back out to the track screen, nothing. I back out again to the daily race screen and the next race was scheduled in 30mins time. Did I do something wrong? I have a feeling it was something stupidly basic...

Don't know what I did wrong last week, but it put me off for the whole week since I cant find much time to wait around for the race to start on 30min intervals.

I don't do daily races much, so I might have gotten the process wrong, but the 15minute countdown for race C (glen) started, so I hopped in, I didn't have a car so I had to borrow one, borrowed a car and it loaded me into the track, started lapping for a quali time, which it registered just fine. The half hour rolls up and nothing happens, I'm still sat on the track by myself with the lap timer running? I back out to the track screen, nothing. I back out again to the daily race screen and the next race was scheduled in 30mins time. Did I do something wrong? I have a feeling it was something stupidly basic...

When you say you hopped in it sounds like you hopped in to qualifying and didn't actually enter the race? It'll tell you it's 15 minutes to race registration which means you can't enter yet, once that's up there's another 15 entry period where you can enter the race. It's annoying I know but it looks like that's what you did.

I just had lunchbreak with some Daily Races A. Gave up on the Mini immediately because it doesn't want to turn into any corner. Went with my good old Evo '98 and with the MiTo from Racing Grandpa's fabulous weekend event, and was almost competitive with both, in races full of DR A drivers (again). Won't win because of the top speed limitations, but came in third twice and fourth once despite some track limit penalties and some of the usual idiots who pushed me off track several times. And the bus stop seems to be an unsolvable mystery to some.

Apart from that, some good fun to be had.

Last edited:
How do we get people to relax in Race A and not obsessively run metas and just enjoy running and tuning a variety of cars. Take away the win stat like they did DR and SR? Offer more credits for running slower cars?

The whole idea is to provide that classic GT mixed race experience but online, getting some warped meta that just exploits the stats kills the race immediately for me and I'm sure many others.
I don’t think you can. Last time at Laguna I tried a few cars out and i always had 3/4 drivers who were in metas or stupidly tuned cars just going out to get another notch on the race win tab.

Nice to be able to race this competitively. Managed a 2nd place so far.

e838732e874cdd1cea5cc7a3d028c05e_photo.webp
Ooooo is this below the requirements? If so that is awesome I’ll be defo heading to track with it. Bought it the other day too. First legendary car I’ve bought too.

Daily C - I wish they was a way to adjust fuel mix without having to move the MFD to fuel tab. I’ve seen YT live streamers who are using the GT spec wheel and they are able to just click the fuel button and it changes for them straight away. I use the radar when a car is within 1 second of me but it’s too much faffing about for me to adjust the mfd to find fuel, change it before or after a corner, switch back to radar before adjusting mfd back to fuel.
I know the answer will be to buy a GT spec wheel or use the bumper cam, but can’t afford the wheel and I hate driving in bumper view

The Mini may be good for a lap but it seems to be a handful throughout the race.
View attachment 1169060
Also, to me the LS7 swapped Silvia Q's is a bit better all around than the Mini and is much more fun to drive. Here's my best lap and tune for it so far, though I can go much faster.

I will finalize a tune for the Hellcat and Plymouth XNR tomorrow that shouldn't be far off the meta. Other good cars are the engine swapped Lancia Delta and Mazda Atenza (maybe the Celica but it's better with weight reduction which doesn't work as good on a power track).

I just want to let you know you are part of the problem in GT7. Posting your glitched tunes on YouTube and such. People like you have literally ruined multiplayer that isn’t BOP.

If you can’t beat them, join them right? Ugh. These tunes take no talent but driving them does. I’ll at least give you that.

I just want to let you know you are part of the problem in GT7. Posting your glitched tunes on YouTube and such. People like you have literally ruined multiplayer that isn’t BOP.
Agree. However, it's a grey area right? As in, the tuning is within the boundaries of the game. Suspension does affect performance after all. I think it needs to be tackled by PD, but at the same time, I can't blame anyone for taking advantage of the system, since everyone can apply the same busted tunes and therefore it's a level playing field.
These tunes take no talent but driving them does. I’ll at least give you that.
It would take a hell of a lot more talent to win when up against a tune with a borked suspension but way more speed than you.

A lot of people, like me, are probably caught between two stools. I want to be in the mix of the healthy race, but I don't want to fall foul of a busted tune racing away to win by miles.

Last edited:
I just had lunchbreak with some Daily Races A. Gave up on the Mini immediately because it doesn't want to turn into any corner. Went with my good old Evo '98 and with the MiTo from Racing Grandpa's fabulous weekend event, and was almost competitive with both, in races full of DR A drivers (again). Won't win because of the top speed limitations, but came in third twice and fourth once despite some track limit penalties and some of the usual idiots who pushed me off track several times. And the bus stop seems to be an unsolvable mystery to some.

Apart from that, some good fun to be had.
Was good racing with you again, I dropped out twice because I was testing the Mini and it was hopeless.
Ran one in the MiTo, I could keep up at least, but have now tried the Lancia Delta and dropped my time by over a second.

Mini may not be such a good choice for me in race A if I don't want to ruin everyone else's races. Great fun going round sideways in a cloud of smoke (even down the straights) but it may all end up like Silverstone yesterday.

F40 is great but I'm trying not to use anything detuned, feel it rather spoils the spirit of things.

Might dust off the Alfa Zagato - think that's below the PP.

My final assessment of Watkins Glen: Will likely avoid until penalties get sorted out.

Sunday evening I finally got out of the top split on ps4, enough people on to get into a mixed DR.B DR.A as low DR.A myself. All SR.S yet the races just got dirtier. Normally Sunday evenings are very clean, not last night. Blatant fighting on the track and nothing but dirty passes. And since I'm DR.A, I got 5 sec penalty for not managing to avoid all 3 fighting cars around me. I managed to survive their mess so got a 5 sec penalty for touching a car on the way out, punted over my path...

80% of the passes I observed on Watkins Glen were all penalty worthy. Corner rights seems to be an alien concept at this point in GT7. Dive a nose in at turn in and push through was pretty much it. With the result people all dive towards the apex in the braking zone to block that manoever. It apparently was so automatic that when I got side by side before turn in, people just rammed me anyway, automatically diving to the inside in the braking zone...

Also got a couple lovely penalties from people diving into the bus stop. Dive from behind, then slam on the brakes or mess up on the kerbs, I can't avoid the car that's suddenly in front of me braking extra hard, some contact, they take a shortcut, I get 4 sec penalty even though they get take the position and keep going :banghead:

It wasn't all bad, there were great drivers as well. Actual overtakes take multiple corners, switch backs to get alongside halfway the track, then side by side until the last sharp left where being on the inside (left) will complete the pass. Or at T1 when there is enough time and room to get fully alongside, fresher tires take the position. I didn't manage many passes on the way to the bus stop, the RC F can't draft pass those sprint models. Even when they screw up T1 the sprint models still had plenty time to fully overtake me again, and if not, dive bomb incoming... In the end I just let go off the throttle to let them ahead on the way to the bus stop, go ahead don't crash me.

1656938645505.png

I started racing at Watkins Glen where my DR curve starts going down. The little bit going back up is on ps5, bigger spread in DR there and more clumsy drivers. The final 12 races yesterday back on ps4 pro. DR settled around 32.2K while racing from the back.

That shows another problem with DR. I wish the game would match on race pace instead of DR which moves according to finish position. My pace at Watkins Glen is 1:45 / 1:46 laps on average in the Lexus. Yet I keep getting placed with 1:42 to 1:44 lappers that crash multiple times per race. 95% of the positions I picked up were from people crashing or serving penalties. Pitting in lap 5 for softs granted me a position or two each race from those that keep going to pit in lap 6 or later. And once every 3 races I got a legitimate pass on another clean driver.

Fun track to zoom around and nail the corners. Very possible to have multiple laps following another car closely waiting for an opportunity to go side by side. Yet too much interference from impatient drivers and dirty blockers/rammers when there is an opening. Just like the rest of GT7, could have been so good.

Agree. However, it's a grey area right? As in, the tuning is within the boundaries of the game. Suspension does affect performance after all. I think it needs to be tackled by PD, but at the same time, I can't blame anyone for taking advantage of the system, since everyone can apply the same busted tunes and therefore it's a level playing field.

It would take a hell of a lot more talent to win when up against a tune with a borked suspension and way more BHP than you.

A lot of people, like me, are probably caught between two stools. I want to be in the mix of the healthy race, but I don't want to fall foul of a busted tune racing away to win by miles.
Man, I had a hell of a good R34 that was tuned correctly in the last 450pp Daily but I could never do better than 2nd place.

TBH, I am not an elite driver or anything close! Making cars better has always been my thing but I never have exploited the system.

-New Daily race A
-Poggers
-Checks the settings
-500PP "Tuning allowed"
-Daily Race B it is
If you call “tuning” jacking the front all the way up and taking the rear all the way down, I have news for you.

Perhaps try it that with your own real vehicle, and drive down your local back road as fast as you can. Let me know how it works out for you.

I get it, it’s a PD fault, and your within your rights to exploit, but just remember it ruins the game for 99% of players who want a real experience.

Might dust off the Alfa Zagato - think that's below the PP.

It’s a Racing car, so it won’t qualify… nor does the Red Pig or Stingray Concept. I realize the Mono is technically street legal, but it feels a little arbitrary to call it a road car but not others.

It’s too bad this isn’t a live service, and they could observe and adapt to the flaws in the system.

Man, I had a hell of a good R34 that was tuned correctly in the last 450pp Daily but I could never do better than 2nd place.

TBH, I am not an elite driver or anything close! Making cars better has always been my thing but I never have exploited the system.

If you call “tuning” jacking the front all the way up and taking the rear all the way down, I have news for you.

Perhaps try it that with your own real vehicle, and drive down your local back road as fast as you can. Let me know how it works out for you.

I get it, it’s a PD fault, and your within your rights to exploit, but just remember it ruins the game for 99% of players who want a real experience.
I have been in 4 race A today and I can tell you there's nearly no cars like that in the races. If there where then I guess they want it that way

It’s a Racing car, so it won’t qualify… nor does the Red Pig or Stingray Concept. I realize the Mono is technically street legal, but it feels a little arbitrary to call it a road car but not others.

It’s too bad this isn’t a live service, and they could observe and adapt to the flaws in the system.
Yeah, I probably should read the rules first. Mangusta or Pantera instead I think.

Back