• 30,974 comments
I'll upload it when I get home from work if you still want to check it out
Thanks! Got it!

@Bullwinkle getting close!
Screenshot_20230321_205812_PS App.jpg

"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads!"

View attachment 1241529

View attachment 1241530

"The Real Driving Simulator". Because in IRL, hitting one of those cushiony poles can launch a 2-ton car 3-5 feet into the air.
I KNOW RIGHT?!?!? Honestly they shouldn't exist even.

I feel like I'm on the cusp of catching you. I got onto a lap that would have had potential to be a 2:04 and bottled the exit of the left before the double right leading to Blanchimont.

View attachment 1241529

View attachment 1241530

"The Real Driving Simulator". Because in IRL, hitting one of those cushiony poles can launch a 2-ton car 3-5 feet into the air.

LoL
I caught that one doing QT the other day and actually rolled the car in VR.
First rollover incident in VR was a trip!

saw cmb350 in race b tonight where I started P2. I'll give you zero guesses what happened at T1. It got worse after that, I was mauled throughout.

One thing about this race is, it is all about the flow. If I get bumped off my line in the middle sectors, the errors start compounding. I just need to reset, find the line and refocus.

saw neville in the next two mixed A/B races (I was in his rear view). Did better but gave up positions from stupid little mistakes, track penalty, some rear slip. Nothing major but could have earned an extra position or two if I tighten things up. Always another race tomorrow! Fun to see some gtpers out there.

I have a thing for park benches, so I usually pick the biggest one.
Was I just racing with you at Watkins Glen this evening? I believe we both got murdered by the same two drivers . . .

View attachment 1241529

View attachment 1241530

This has happened to me at the same spot, and even worse at Le Mans, where the nose of the car I was in went strange got up in the air like I was launching a rocket! I was so startled I didn’t understand what happened. I thought it was another car doing it to me, but it turns out those pylons pack a whollop!

Bullwinkle, that was me (Slowpony17) in two races with you. The race in between those I got an "all B" group and won..yippee. I started 2nd and the 1st guy lost it left out of the chicane and I just cruised and avoided penalties at all cost. Lucky for me as his QT was 1/2 a second faster than me so there was no way I was catching him.

I think you were just testing cars in the races we were in You were in the Mustang the 2nd race....??

Last edited:
Before it gets too late, I figured I'd post some photos from last week's Race A.
Autodromo Nazionale Monza_.jpeg

My very first time through the first chicane after someone was too eager on the throttle next to me.

Autodromo Nazionale Monza__1.jpeg

Autodromo Nazionale Monza__2.jpeg

Autodromo Nazionale Monza__3.jpeg

Autodromo Nazionale Monza__4.jpeg

Autodromo Nazionale Monza__6.jpeg
Autodromo Nazionale Monza__5.jpeg

In a later race, I got "Verstappened" at the first chicane as well. Still finished ahead of them, though I had to settle for 2nd instead of a probable win.

Autodromo Nazionale Monza__12.jpeg

Autodromo Nazionale Monza__9.jpeg

Autodromo Nazionale Monza__10.jpeg

Autodromo Nazionale Monza__11.jpeg

3-wide through the 2nd chicane worked surprisingly well...this time...

Autodromo Nazionale Monza__8.jpeg

4-wide through the Lesmos? Not such a good idea...

Autodromo Nazionale Monza__14.jpeg
Autodromo Nazionale Monza__13.jpeg

Taking the lead in style.

Race B is just atrocious driving I qualified with a 2.04.4, I am starting top 5 and have fantastic race pace. But I was smashed, bashed and punted 6 ways to Sunday in basically every race. I'll be behind someone, looking for a way past and the guy behind me will then catch up and push pass or nerf me off the road.

Just rerribke tonight, really bad, and what irks me most is they are most srs drivers and I'm the one srb risking a reset for being mauled. Almost no one wants to actually race, it's a crap shoot.

Was I just racing with you at Watkins Glen this evening? I believe we both got murdered by the same two drivers . . .
Yeah. I've been super frustrated for some reason at the actual races this week and those two races were the absolute worst. I get that there is going to be some bumping in Daily A, but sometimes people get downright rude about things.

This morning, there was an A+ rated guy with 800+ races going around CRASHING PEOPLE because he didn't like the way they were racing with other people. I ended up watching the replays for the incidents, two guys were battling through the chicane and one went wide through the grass on the right side and came back on track to bang into the guy he was racing, with no one crashing. This other yahoo for some reason thought it was his responsibility to take the guy out that went wide through the grass.

in the previous race, he decided to get payback for some perceived slight against him. Takes out the dude in the chicane in a total pack of 5 cars. Take a wild guess on who was in that pack and who didn't make it out alive...

I'm tired of this race. Like, tears of frustration mad because I love the short version of Watkins Glen.

I had a mixed night with four B races. I will consider it a night of philanthropy as I generously donated a lot of DR...

Race 1

Q7 start but at turn 1 it all goes wrong. Front slows up quicker than me, I take avoidance action but still catch a car and punt them off track. I get a 2 second penalty. Also then lost some spots in the subsequent run up Eau Rouge as I lost a ton of speed in the shunt. Take penalty which puts me down to near last. Then trying to catch up I made some more mistakes to become last. Argh. In the end I only finish something like 14th due to DNFs. SR drops to A.

I change my default chat message to "I QT better than I can drive. Sorry!" :rolleyes:

Race 2

Much the same crowd. Q7 start again. This time I survive turn 1 having learned to be much more cautious opening lap. By turn 11 I'm up to 5th through REAL passing and not attrition. I'm pleased with myself. Lap 2 I move to 4th at turn 13 as P3 spins out and that is where I remained until last lap I get hit in the rear at turn 6 and then the same car barges into me at turn 7. They got a 2s penalty for that, so I just settled in behind to wait out their penalty and then took them to finish P4. Got CRB as well :)

Race 3

Similar to race 2 I start Q7 and by turn 6 I'm up to P5. Turn 9 I lose the spot again but what happened next killed my race. I am close behind P5 when a slow AF CLK in P4 gets in the way. P5 swerves around and I try to slow off but tap him, go off and spin out. See below.

I drop to P13. I grumble that the CLK is a menace in corners. 😡 Then as I am trying to catch up P14 side swipes me into the gravel. I'm last and I never recover. I finish P13, the rest DNF. Mostly clean for me though and SR pops back to S.

I almost quit that that point. But then I thought 1 bad, 1 good, 1 bad, the next one must be good right?

Race 4

Q8 this time. Survived lap 1. Traded places a few time at the start but ultimately dropped to P9 by Bruxelles. At the chicane at end of lap 1 though I passed two cars (one spun, the other on the outside side by side) into P7 holding the inside line into turn 1 while being 3 wide. Some switcharoo happened at turn 1 and I dropped back but then it got a little bumpy. I managed to hold it together and ended up surviving in P8. Thanks to the radar I had an idea what was going on around me.

By lap 4 I had climbed to P6 through leaders spinning out and me staying clean. I was right on P4 and P5 through the rest of the lap but figured I would end behind them but then P5 overcooks it coming out the chicane 300m from the finish line and I claim P5. Motto: Never give up!

EDIT: I uploaded my DR to KudosPrime and actually ended up 200pts for the night so not quite the DR donation I initially feared. The 4th place finished and then getting 5th saved me. Glad I did that extra race..

Last edited:
Really wish Daily B was longer. 4 laps??? Why so short? We all spend more time waiting for the next race to get ready than actually racing. This could have easily been an 8-10 lap race. It would give those who get knocked out by other drivers a chance to try to gain some positions back.

Also I'm sad that Daily B has become the GT-R show. Just another BOP race where PD's favorite car happens to be the best. I wonder if that's not intentional. I ran 5 or 6 races tonight and easily 80% of all the cars entered were '16 GT-R's. It's a good car, and I like my Mello Yello livery I have on it, but the other cars are great cars as well. I own them all and have tunes for all of them for the 1-hour at Spa. The '16 GT-R is 3rd or 4th fastest of all of them. The Epson NSX and the SC400 are both faster than it when tuned to 800pp. But in this BOP race they just can't compete with the GT-R.

And then there's English which is technically a Germanic language but shares no similarity with any other European language.
There's lots of Nordic/Danish words and expressions in English. Horse, knife ect ect
Lots and lots.

Because in IRL, hitting one of those cushiony poles can launch a 2-ton car 3-5 feet into the air.
I doubt they could. But the car is half that weight.

The emphasis on QT in the forum has changed how I use the game. I don't blame you guys at all, it's on me.

Usually I would do a few laps on Monday then go racing for the week.

This week I haven't run a single race.
Because I have been doing QT runs instead.
Still slow so still no races...
And as people improve I get comparable slower so I probably won't race at all.

OG Silverstone, Le Mans pre Porsche curves, 60s Spa, and I think a couple more. Historic circuits and racing is why I want to get into PC Sim racing but I need to build something for that first
Yep Monza with its banked turn as well, great games, sigh.

But in some cases, the racing is terrible and the carnage unbelievable… Today I had my worst race ever. Enitially I had a good start and made up some places. But on lap 2 and onwards everything went downhill and I got punted twice. Even so hard that I had engine damage. That is a first for me. It is hard to say if they did it on purpose, but the struggle was real this time…

It's been pretty nasty out there especially recently, I don't know if it's because I'm trying to race in the evenings which I don't usually get to do (typically race weekends where at least in the daytime it seems to be cleaner) or what but I've noticed it just being almost angry feeling as soon as the race starts these last few days.

Not tried the Audi yet. Was going to try it but not got round to doing a lap yet. Not many use it due to the poor handling. Also I’m struggling to see which track this car would be good on.

I don’t mind that something new is doing well, but it looks this will be the mega for a while now.
I'll have to do some more races to test it but it seems like people jumping on a qualy meta at the moment.

In race I noted a lot of different cars were competitive.

This might fade during the week though if TT is that dominant after all.

I'll have to do some more races to test it but it seems like people jumping on a qualy meta at the moment.

In race I noted a lot of different cars were competitive.

This might fade during the week though if TT is that dominant after all.
Very true re competitive cars in the race - whilst the TT seems to be dominating the qualifying times, I have seen other cars do well in races.

On Monday every race I entered was won by the same guy in a Mustang, and by big margins too, yesterday I saw a Viper take a win. Also watched a guy in an NSX go from last place to second.

My best QT, and race times/results, have been in the RCZ.

Very true re competitive cars in the race - whilst the TT seems to be dominating the qualifying times, I have seen other cars do well in races.

On Monday every race I entered was won by the same guy in a Mustang, and by big margins too, yesterday I saw a Viper take a win. Also watched a guy in an NSX go from last place to second.

My best QT, and race times/results, have been in the RCZ.
My race last night was won by a Mustang - ahead of 5 or 6 TTs. There were a lot of penalties on the results screen though, so I'm not sure of the actual performance for each car.

I hope the FFs don't become the complete meta because I really struggle with them and the horrendous understeer.
I'm just a simple FR driver, why can't my cars get some BoP love?

The emphasis on QT in the forum has changed how I use the game. I don't blame you guys at all, it's on me.

this forum has turned daily race qualifying laps into the essence (for me) of video games: who can get the high score? it feels like logging into Galaga every morning, as someone who had 0 PSN friends last year. i spent a solid 6 months with this game collecting dust after getting my DR where i wanted it, having these back-and-forths keeps it alive. plus i only race in the early mornings, and the races are 2 fast people and 9 others still learning sport mode.

and for some of us perfectionists, its more 'fun' to try and iron out the creases on these laps rather than duke it out. not to mention - if i know i'm running a full second behind someone on an 8 lap race, that race won't be very fun for me by lap 5.

Last edited:
I feel like I'm on the cusp of catching you.
It wouldn't surprise me in the least!
I got onto a lap that would have had potential to be a 2:04 and bottled the exit of the left before the double right leading to Blanchimont.
Oh man, I HATE when that happens. You've got this amazing, otherworldly pace going on, and you just can't bring it home. Totally sucks.

When I set my current QT, I knew I had a good pace and I decided that I didn't need to try to be careful, which is always when I screw up. I just decided to run the rest of the lap like I normally would, except for the last chicane, where I braked earlier and made sure not to spin out. (Turns out that that's not a bad strategy on the chicane.)
It's easy to get discouraged with slow QTs, but don't let that stop you from trying the actual race. You might be surprised and enjoy it, but also, you can see how other drivers ahead of you drive the course. I've actually learned some things while stumbling around in the races. Yes, you can learn from watching QT leaders' replays, but seeing it in actual races can sometimes be better.
this forum has turned daily race qualifying laps into the essence (for me) of video games: who can get the high score? it feels like logging into Galaga every morning, as someone who had 0 PSN friends last year. i spent a solid 6 months with this game collecting dust after getting my DR where i wanted it, having these back-and-forths keeps it alive. plus i only race in the early mornings, and the races are 2 fast people and 9 others still learning sport mode.
That's a great point. Too bad we can't enter 3-character names for the leaderboard, like in the old arcade games. 😂
and for some of us perfectionists, its more 'fun' to try and iron out the creases on these laps. not to mention - if i know i'm running a full second behind someone on an 8 lap race, that race won't be very fun for me by lap 5.
Being 8 seconds behind would be an improvement for me, for many of my races. 🙄

I wonder how you all would react if the Daily format was changed to be like the GTWS races - where you have to qualify before every race in the car you're going to use. No more perfecting your times over 100 laps, no more waiting until it gets dark for the optimum conditions.

Just set a time and race.

Jim Carrey Omg GIF

I wonder how you all would react if the Daily format was changed to be like the GTWS races - where you have to qualify before every race in the car you're going to use. No more perfecting your times over 100 laps, no more waiting until it gets dark for the optimum conditions.

Jim Carrey Omg GIF
I take it, i drive most likely faster with a knife in my back, than spooling lap after lap \(._.)/
And i never do waiting for better condition. I hope PD fix this stuff.

Last edited:
I just realized something about Q laps at Spa. Things in the window appear farther away than they really are. I thought I was way behind my ghost:
1679484161720.png

... but I was wrong:
1679484331147.png

Not that that was really close, but I wasn't nearly as bad as I thought I was. If I did a perfect final chicane, there's no telling how I could have ended up.

Jim Carrey Omg GIF
Your GIF is spot on - that's exactly how I would react!

Jim Carrey Omg GIF
i would really support that change. first of all, qualifying is fun!
And, especially at some tracks, for example DTS, you can just attempt time and time again to throw yourself pretty much full throttle through the chicane of death and at one time you might get that good qualifying time. it may takes hours though, re-starting the lap again and again.

But in the actual race you can not drive like that as that time is not representative to your actual skill level. And in a one lap qualifying lap one can not take such risks and just throw the car through a chicane.

Also; if you are waiting stationary on track for like twenty minutes so that you can drive in the dark and win a tenth or so then you are taking things a bit to serious.

I get this if you're miles off the pace but you ran a low 2.05, that's plenty raceable in A/B rooms.
this forum has turned daily race qualifying laps into the essence (for me) of video games: who can get the high score?

and for some of us perfectionists, its more 'fun' to try and iron out the creases on these laps rather than duke it out. not to mention - if i know i'm running a full second behind someone on an 8 lap race, that race won't be very fun for me by lap 5.
I tend to pick my race for the week, try several cars Monday night, then commit to my best car for 5 laps or so, then squeeze in a race or two. Rest of the week I just qualify between races. Set my fastest time at Spa this week during a between race wait last night.

Back