GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 34,715 comments
Hey, guess what?! I finally was able to do my first daily race in two weeks. I'm still sick, dammit, and I'm hacking up a lung and sweating like a pig (which is an odd saying because pigs don't sweat, but it still feels apropos because I feel like I'm stewing in my own filth - how's that for an image?) while driving in a fugue (not the musical kind), but I did finish, so that's something.

I'm certainly not track-ready, as I generally do poorly at this track (Maggiore), but it felt good to get some miles in. The 911 is the only car I can get around the track right now. We'll see if I can be a threat this week to my friends on the leaderboard, although I doubt it. Wish me luck.

I have the day off work and my wife has Covid so I have to separate from her, so I’m confined to the basement. What a tragedy, as that is where the gaming rig is! Lol.
I'm struggling to find the right sympathetic yet celebratory words, and I can't quite get there. Seriously, I hope she feels better soon. Being sick sucks donkey balls.

Hey, guess what?! I finally was able to do my first daily race in two weeks. I'm still sick, dammit, and I'm hacking up a lung and sweating like a pig (which is an odd saying because pigs don't sweat, but it still feels apropos because I feel like I'm stewing in my own filth - how's that for an image?) while driving in a fugue (not the musical kind), but I did finish, so that's something.

I'm certainly not track-ready, as I generally do poorly at this track (Maggiore), but it felt good to get some miles in. The 911 is the only car I can get around the track right now. We'll see if I can be a threat this week to my friends on the leaderboard, although I doubt it. Wish me luck.

I'm struggling to find the right sympathetic yet celebratory words, and I can't quite get there. Seriously, I hope she feels better soon. Being sick sucks donkey balls.
There's something in the air...must be the 5G.🤣

Whatever the case, I'm glad you are getting better. @TheNormsk I hope your wife feels better soon, too. I mention for a couple reasons. First and foremost, sympathy, because being sick blows. Racing while jacked-up on NyQuil is a non-starter for me. Invariably, someone somewhere ALWAYS remembers what happened, even when you don't. Can make subsequent dailies, ummm, uncomfortable??

Second, the ONLY reason I got a bunch of racing in this weekend is due to the fact that my wife is sick, too. Had the TV all to myself Friday, Saturday AND Sunday. The whole 'lemons to lemonade' life reference thing made racing seem like a solid choice.😁

Get healthy everyone. And if you already are, stay that way!👍

Last edited:
No racing for me today. Being relatively new to the ‘modern’ GT I’m not very familiar with Maggiore. I tried to learn the track just by quali lapping, but struggled, so went to the circuit experience, to try and figure out sections 1 and 3 in particular. Managed to Gold them, but I’m still struggling to put a whole lap together and get below 2’00”. At this rate, I think it’ll probably be Thursday before I dare race.

Meanwhile, why do they both have to be tuning races this week?! The hypothesis that they simplify the dailies to attract casual racers doesn’t hold up when the two ranked races require tuning to be competitive! I’m a combination of disappointed and angry about this weeks “choices” after last week’s breakthrough.
Quite simply - tuning doesn't matter to casuals. They just won't do it or even know you can do it. So they don't care, and numbers don't change.
But on the other hand, you can't ignore a long race, it's fundamentally just part of the race - and so if a casual doesn't like the length, they won't do it at all.

Sport Mode ultimately boils down to one major problem, and that is that it has to appeal to the lowest common denominator of player to pull in respectable numbers, but what casual players are attracted to, isn't what many regular or dedicated sport mode players constantly want to do.
The issue here is that most of those regular players WILL drive slop combos. They'll complain that it's slop, they'll be annoyed that the combos are slop again, but they'll still play.

If a casual sport player sees a combo they don't like, they don't play, and the numbers go down. That's bad for the game, so the combos stay sloppy because both parties still play.
A casual player won't play a unique combo, but a dedicated player will still play a boring repeat. PD likely prioritise what gets numbers, and because the dedicated players play slop, we get slop.
Reposting this related meme originally meant for iRacing:

Race C is where it is at this week unless you nail a good time on B and can do it consistently.
Does this count for nailing it? :D

IMG_7815.jpeg

IMG_7814.jpeg

Now I need to jump into a race and come last…. lol.

PS. I do love a good tune on the AMG.

Last edited:
Race A. I have no idea whats going on half the time, but it's a good one. I'm seconds off the top leader board times but still starting in the top 5, which is predictably not a particularly good thing. DR is disabled again and so are peoples brakes.

Atleast this Mazda is is fun to drive unlike that GR.4 bugger.

Anyone else feel like today was a bit like the Wacky Races? 😂 The B Lobbies I raced in on both Race B and C were a bit spicy to say the least!

Race B has been more enjoyable for me - much more exciting racing if a little gnarly with the elbows being out with most drivers!

I’m finding Race C is a bit of a dull combo - I’m no fan of the Mazda 3, and RBR can sometimes bring out the worst in people!

Hope you all have a great week racing!

Man I've been extremely busy today, I had to help my mom get ready for a doctor appointment by cooking her lunch and preparing it for her. I finally got to sit down for a few minutes. How is everyone coming along with the new daily races? It's a full time job maintaining our apartment, I don't have any brothers or sisters. I have a few cousins, aunts and uncles but they live in another county in North Carolina.

I have to schedule my daily races around my tasks, chores and responsibilities around the house.

Last edited:
Yup that is nailing it...and some! Just fire mate 🔥
Well I qt better than I can race lol.

My first two races I was in a mostly B crowd and as a result was on pole. First race I crash out first corner as I hadn’t learnt the braking point from pole. Dropped to last, worked back up to 8th, dropped to 10th with another off and finished 9th. Shaky start.

Race 2 was better and finished 4th. It appears my race strategy is to qt well and then attempt to minimize the lossage. 😉

I must have been put with DR Bs as my SR was down. Having gained enough SR I was put in a much tougher A/A+ lobby and bumped into @Bullwinkle. He got to see my sorry progress as I got eaten alive and dropped from 5th (I think) to 10th or 11th (don’t remember).

Some defensive moves worked, a lot didn’t. I need to get better at that.

Race B appeared to be AMGs, 458s, 911s and the odd other car. Good mix.

Last edited:
This has probably been talked about before, but I don’t fully understand how your DR is calculated. Today I did Race B, started in 9th, finished 8th, while having a Clean Race Bonus. My DR went down. I thought this was weird sense I moved up a spot while finishing in the top half. I’m sure there’s a reason for this, but I don’t know what it is. Can anyone give me a DR for Dummies explanation?

This has probably been talked about before, but I don’t fully understand how your DR is calculated. Today I did Race B, started in 9th, finished 8th, while having a Clean Race Bonus. My DR went down. I thought this was weird sense I moved up a spot while finishing in the top half. I’m sure there’s a reason for this, but I don’t know what it is. Can anyone give me a DR for Dummies explanation?
  • Only your finish position matters; where you start isn't relevant.
  • You take DR off everyone you beat, and lose it to everyone who beats you.
  • Generally this means a top half finish will gain you DR (more if you're higher), but...
  • The amount you take/lose is directly proportional to the difference in the starting DR score between each respective driver.
  • You lose more if the people who beat you have a lower DR than you; you gain more if the people you beat have a higher DR than you.
  • Other than certain edge cases, the total DR exchange of any race between all drivers adds up to 0.

I’m remembering that I don’t like racing Autodrone Lago Maggiore full course. I love it for time trial but in all the racing this evening in the DRA category, I’m just getting slaughtered and ending up in the bottom six all the time.

Edit. After saying that I got a 5th in my next race. The difference was that I wasn’t surrounded by a bunch on angry As intent on taking me out. Or so it seemed at the time. 😀

Last edited:
I must have been put with DR Bs as my SR was down. Having gained enough SR I was put in a much tougher A/A+ lobby and bumped into @Bullwinkle. He got to see my sorry progress as I got eaten alive and dropped from 5th (I think) to 10th or 11th (don’t remember).
Well if your progress is sorry, I don’t know what that says about me as I was watching you from behind the whole race! I didn’t spend much time qualifying and just jumped in cold. I was bummed I only saw you once. But I’ve worked on my quali time. You’ll see that I’m breathing down your neck for the time being. Maybe we’ll get paired again more often.

There was a player named @Roggers in a couple of races in North America. Was that our Roggers, or was it a coincidence?

I’m remembering that I don’t like racing Autodrone Lago Maggiore full course. I love it for time trial but in all the racing this evening in the DRA category, I’m just getting slaughtered and ending up in the bottom six all the time.
well, it was still good to see you in a race today! Sorry the races haven't worked out for you (yet). Also @Bullwinkle !

( I guess I really like this course, I had several poles and podiums when we had the porsche spider in daily A a while back)

I, too, had the day off work and it was your time you posted earlier that inspired to me to get busy in the afternoon. The race prior to ours, I started on pole, finished P2 (pole never happens for me in a group 3 ranked race) For that I got rewarded in the next lobby with a P8 and some seriously fast drivers. Gained a couple places, lost a couple places to finish P8, good enough for a blue delta. Might have beaten bullwinkle earlier if I hadn't claimed two track pens in the same lap!! :)

I really needed a day like today. For the last three weeks, I have only seen that dang red arrow pointing down,down,down. It was getting old and depressing. I sorely need to turn that arrow blue for a few races at least.

• Only your finish position matters; where you start isn't relevant.
  • You take DR off everyone you beat, and lose it to everyone who beats you.
  • Generally this means a top half finish will gain you DR (more if you're higher), but...
  • The amount you take/lose is directly proportional to the difference in the starting DR score between each respective driver.
  • You lose more if the people who beat you have a lower DR than you; you gain more if the people you beat have a higher DR than you.
  • Other than certain edge cases, the total DR exchange of any race between all drivers adds up to 0.
Ok, so it most likely had to do with the other racer’s DR. That makes sense. Thanks!

I did one race b and c, thats enough for this week. Gr. 4 is absolute ******** with this bop, RBR is a track i don't like. Too many spots, where my opponents braking and using me as turning point after the long straights.
Race B, why RH tyres and only 5 laps.

So, i use my racing time for more lobby racing this week.

@TheNormsk @icycls @Bullwinkle Sorry I missed the crew out there tonight. I didn’t get the day off today so started up around 7 pacific time and figured you all were getting your beauty sleep by then!

I tried the AMG for a few laps and just haven’t spent much time in it so then jumped in the 911 and in just a couple of laps had an okay qt to have a go on the Euro account since I had to go collect my tt credits.

Running the 911 stock and only shifting bb 2 to the rear worked well for qt and in race.

First race was a lot of work to grab p7 after starting in p7 because I had a car spin into me on lap 2 t2 and while it straightened their car up it threw me in the grass with front and wheel damage. Dropped 3 places because of that but regained them by the finish.

Second race started p4 and finished p3 after a gift from someone going off on her final lap.
Third race was a TT because started p2 and chased p1 the whole time but never had the pace to reel him in.

Was great fun taking a break from practicing for my league races for the evening and rewarding to just jump in and race without major incidents in three races on a limited time schedule.

I’ll be going backwards on the leaderboard by morning as you all just keep ramping it up 🍻
Been missing the leaderboard racing so at least I got in early 😂

I think I’m done with race B for the week. I improved my time and in the next race I was murdered turn 2, having been set up by P6 hitting me (P5) turn 1.

I came in DFL.

I haven’t tailed the DR lost today but I’m sure it’s not pretty.

I don’t like RBR but I guess I’ll take a look at the Mazda as I do ok with that.

Last edited:
I see the cheating has gotten worse. I ran four of Race B. I dropped out of the first one due to mistakes I made tuning the car.
The next three I had the same duo in all three. After one round I suspected they'd bumped me in a couple of spots. In the next round I saw them make contact and in the third I watched one T bone another car and push it off track with no penalty. One was starting at the back and ended up second or third in at least one round. The other started in random spots, often one or two places behind me, and finished on the podium.
I'm about 95% certain they were running some type of trainer. I can't say 100%, but they were passing everyone else like we were AI.
It's rare I'd say this, but I will never race them again. I'll put up with bumps and scrapes and getting fairly defeated. I will not condone blatant cheating nor will I sit by and do nothing while the developers refuse to fix it. This is not my first rodeo. I've been playing online for over 25 years and there are a couple of developers who just don't give a crap about their online community so long as the money is rolling in.
It's against the rules to name those players here. My YouTube account isn't hard to find and I did call them out there when I uploaded the gameplay footage.

I see the cheating has gotten worse. I ran four of Race B. I dropped out of the first one due to mistakes I made tuning the car.
The next three I had the same duo in all three. After one round I suspected they'd bumped me in a couple of spots. In the next round I saw them make contact and in the third I watched one T bone another car and push it off track with no penalty. One was starting at the back and ended up second or third in at least one round. The other started in random spots, often one or two places behind me, and finished on the podium.
I'm about 95% certain they were running some type of trainer. I can't say 100%, but they were passing everyone else like we were AI.
It's rare I'd say this, but I will never race them again. I'll put up with bumps and scrapes and getting fairly defeated. I will not condone blatant cheating nor will I sit by and do nothing while the developers refuse to fix it. This is not my first rodeo. I've been playing online for over 25 years and there are a couple of developers who just don't give a crap about their online community so long as the money is rolling in.
It's against the rules to name those players here. My YouTube account isn't hard to find and I did call them out there when I uploaded the gameplay footage.
Post link...

Do any of you fast chaps have any tuning tips for setting up the Porsche Gr3 for Maggiore? I heard @Tidgney mention, in his Weekly Race Guide, reducing the Natural Frequency of the suspension to improve power transfer on exit, but I don't know if this change can be made in isolation or needs to be done in conjunction with other changes, the ARB's, dampers and diff. Are Praiano's tunes a good place to start?

Unfortunately I'm a bit of a luddite when it comes to suspension. On my mountain bikes, the technician sets it up during service, and I just give it a squish and say "Hmm, feels nice". 😂

Last edited:
Do any of you fast chaps have any tuning tips for setting up the Porsche Gr3 for Maggiore? I heard @Tidgney mention, in his Weekly Race Guide, reducing the Natural Frequency of the suspension to improve power transfer on exit, but I don't know if this change can be made in isolation or needs to be done in conjunction with other changes, the ARB's, dampers and diff. Are Praiano's tunes a good place to start?

Unfortunately I'm a bit of a luddite when it comes to suspension. On my mountain bikes, the technician sets it up during service, and I just give it a squish and say "Hmm, feels nice". 😂
Honestly no. See I'm wondering if we tune our cars in the garage, will PD alter the settings by using BoP? Some races have fixed settings.

@TheNormsk I haven't even started the A races yet, I hope they don't affect my SR, that factor an important part of Sport mode.

Why is almost everyone using the Mazda car in Race C, what's so special about driving it on RBR?

Honestly no. See I'm wondering if we tune our cars in the garage, will PD alter the settings by using BoP? Some races have fixed settings.

@TheNormsk I haven't even started the A races yet, I hope they don't affect my SR, that factor an important part of Sport mode.

Why is almost everyone using the Mazda car in Race C, what's so special about driving it on RBR?
The Mazda is the most op car in gr4 atm. At that track specifically, its acceleration makes it even more op. You can't match its acceleration and top speed with any other car.

Maybe at low DR levels, such as mine, you can get away with another car if people driving the Mazda can't keep it on track due to the cold tires.

Last edited:

I am looking for that as well. Last time at Nurburgring the settings for the Genesis made a significant difference for me.

For now I will try race B with the Porsche and the McLaren, but settings might help

Last edited:
The Mazda is the most op car in gr4 atm. At that track specifically, its acceleration makes it even more op. You can't match its acceleration and top speed with any other car.

Maybe at low DR levels, such as mine, you can get away with another car if people driving the Mazda can't keep it on track due to the cold tires.
Well my DR is definitely low now, in the D range. I guess I could only use the Mazda for the QT sessions and then whenever it's time to race use a different unique car from the rest of the group. The very first right turns are tricky because there is very little room, 60% of the time I'll go out of the limit and get a small penalty, which is annoying.

I always start in the back (no Q time) and finish P6-P8 most of the time in the Ferrari at race C (B/S ranking). But it's not what I would call a "fun experience". I end up there because the Ferrari doesn't use tires and people will kill or hold each other up.

Back