GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 34,709 comments
What kind of weirdo are you? That's why humans evolved feet, didn't you know?
They are pressure sensitive for a reason, ya' know...and what if @sturk0167 doesn't HAVE feet?? Could be an actual alien with tentacles and stuff...you're going back to DEI school, sir.🤣

EDIT
@Akers if you can, try racing at different times of day. It has a HUGE impact on what kind of people you find in the lobbies. For me, early morning (NA, EST) has the best variety of cars (not everyone in the meta) and the best iteration of drivers. 👍

Last edited:
try racing at different times of day. It has a HGUE impact on what kind of people you find in the lobbies. For me, early morning (NA, EST) has the best variety of cars (not everyone in the meta) and the best iteration of drivers
Yeah, you don't want to be racing at 8-10pm central. That is peak time for Chicago and Californian drivers. No one there knows how to drive. They all think they're in a fast and furious movie.. LOL

EDIT for reference I was doing around 69mph in a 60 zone on i294 around Chicago one time when a car passes on the inside shoulder (of the median) then sweeps across four lanes of traffic, to then pass on the outside shoulder at around 80-90mph. Just a typically day....

Last edited:
Ummm........ I hate to tell you this, but I use X throttle and [ ] brake. :scared:
I spoke to Baby Jesus and he told me...

this_is_the_way.gif

Controller:

Steering Control: Motion Sensor Function

Accelerate: R2 button
Brake: L2 button
Shift Down: [] button
Shift Up: X button
Nitrous/Overtake: R1 Button

Assist Settings
TC: 1
ABS: Weak
Auto-Drive: Off
ASM: Off
Countersteering Assistance: Off

Controller Settings
Controller Steering Sensitivity: 2
Trigger Effect 1P: Strong
Trigger Effect 1P: Strong
Force Feedback Max Torque: 8
Force Feedback Sensitivity: 3

Any other controller setup is inferior!

fightme.gif

I tried using the motion sensor thing on my wireless controller, it didn't work for me, I've been okay with what I've been doing which is using my buttons and controls to operate and drive all cars in gt7.

Yeah, you don't want to be racing at 8-10pm central. That is peak time for Chicago and Californian drivers. No one there knows how to drive. They all think they're in a fast and furious movie.. LOL

EDIT for reference I was doing around 69mph in a 60 zone on i294 around Chicago one time when a car passes on the inside shoulder (of the median) then sweeps across four lanes of traffic, to then pass on the outside shoulder at around 80-90mph. Just a typically day....
I'm in Las Vegas and I have a friend who has a Tesla and he drives it for Uber like it's a damn spaceship. He will be on a 4-lane highway and be in the far left lane when the exit is coming up. Then he will sweep across all 4 lanes to exit. I've been in the car with him and our exit will be 79 and he will pass exit 78 and merge over 2 lanes to the far left lane.

I'm baffled how he hasn't been banned from the Uber app yet.

I tried using the motion sensor thing on my wireless controller, it didn't work for me, I've been okay with what I've been doing which is using my buttons and controls to operate and drive all cars in gt7.
The one important tidbit with motion steering is you really need to be driving in cockpit view to have the visual confirmation of where the wheel is at the moment. Because it resets to zero if you steer too far past the max. So at least until you have the muscle memory of where that max point is, the cockpit view is needed.

I understand that if you are not driving in VR, driving in cockpit view will be a deal breaker for some.

Well I have to get ready for bed now, I wish I could stay longer but I must work on Maggiore. I have to help my parents at the store Friday so I need to stay on schedule.

Good night y'all!! Happy racing. I gotta embrace my driving power at LM, the speed of light!!

Wish me all the best out there.

Well I had a eventful night. I seemed to have a target on my back as I started as a mid-high DR C and by the end I was a D. It seemed that there was a bunch that like to take people out. So now I'm starting my climb back up. Jay raced me hard but clean. He's a C rank so I enjoyed racing with him.

Last edited:
@newmedia_dev I added you on my friends list a couple hours ago. I had to sift through the ranking board on RBR until I found your name, (Glen). I'm terrible at RBR. I got a perfect time of 1'38.800 the other day. Well good night for real everyone, I'll be back Friday or Saturday. I have no idea how long I'll sleep, I've been up 36 hours straight (no naps).

@TheNormsk I've always been using the X button for throttle/acceleration and the square button to brake, what was your preferred method? See I do not own a wheel yet.

The amount of ramming in Daily Race C is ridicoulus. I'm S rated for safety how can this happen? Can't pass someone? Just ramm them out of the way. Absolute BS. The last 3 races could have been Forza online :rolleyes:

@AdxRE Impressive lap! Thanks for sharing. It's reassuring to watch and see that my line, brake and turn points, are right (except sector 1, where I picked up a few tips on where I could save some time, Gracias!). I just need to carry a bit more speed though the turns (Easier said than done!😂) .
Always happy to share and watch ourselves progress! Yeah the theme of LM seems to be "Trust your tyres, Trust the Downforce" (except T2 and T4, more like "Use the curbs" for those) and maintain as high cornering speed as possible. T5 seems to be the McLaren's happy hunting ground where it can take the corner much tigher and exit faster than the likes of GTR.

I only saw you spinning but didn't really realize what happened. My first thought was someone hit you, there were cars all over the place :-) The race is too short for my taste, but I won't try Race C, not enjoying a Mazda one-make. It is the first time for me as well that I am racing Lago Maggiore in Sports Mode. I did the CE first and tried the Alpha Romeo and my go-to car the Porsche. With both of them I was too slow, now I stick to this ugly Genesis I am doing good though. I just used the same tuning of Nurburgring two weeks ago. Unfortunately I just copy paste some youtubers since I have no clue of tuning
We really need an in-game centralized source of setup for all Gr.3 and 4 cars! Just like the liveries.
Both of those cars I use counter-steer at strong unless I am running racing soft tires. If you have tuning options I'd also recommend watching
to learn how to set up the LSD for your preference. Don't just do 5/60/5 cause some YouTuber does it... You need to adjust for your style.

Had been looking for something similar, thanks for sharing!

Finally got my first win of the week. Led from lap 1 and slow pulled away from the chasing pack. Was pretty nerve wrecking after a series of horrible races where I made mistakes after mistakes in (close) racing conditions (Any tips on how to improve on this?) but at least I managed to hold on.

IMG_8456.JPG

@TheNormsk I've always been using the X button for throttle/acceleration and the square button to brake, what was your preferred method? See I do not own a wheel yet.
Sorry, I have no advice here. I could not drive with controller even if my life depended on it. I know that there are some seriously fast people with controller so it is really not a limit. As to how you control acceleration and braking sensitivity when using X and [] would have to refer you to those that so it. @sturk0167 ?

I've found that on controller, i'm fastest if I use the triggers for gas/brake because it allows more fine control. It also feels faster to turn off all the controller haptics/resistance on the triggers because then you're not fighting the trigger for your fine control.

I feel faster on controller on stuff like a standard sports hard slidey race A car (like the RX7, go kart, etc) and faster in VR with anything with downforce (911RSR, GR4 or faster etc).

Sorry, I have no advice here. I could not drive with controller even if my life depended on it. I know that there are some seriously fast people with controller so it is really not a limit. As to how you control acceleration and braking sensitivity when using X and [] would have to refer you to those that so it. @sturk0167 ?
I had a wheel (which I loved!) but when we decided to build a small (not tiny) house in the woods it had to go, like so many other things that there was simply no room for, so I'm using a controller, too. I've been using L2/R2 for brake/throttle and haven't graduated to being able to shift manually yet, so I'd like to see some pointers, too.

As to how you control acceleration and braking sensitivity when using X and [] would have to refer you to those that so it. @sturk0167 ?
You can't
The previous Playstation consoles had controllers with pressure sensitive buttons that allowed you to modulate inputs.
PS5 controllers won't do that. So, unfortunately your throttle and brake can only be at 100% or 0%.
That's why I have to use TCS 3 on most vehicles that have more than about 250 hp.

Last edited:
You can't
The previous Playstation consoles had controllers with pressure sensitive buttons that allowed you to modulate inputs.
PS5 controllers won't do that. So, unfortunately your throttle and brake can only be at 100% or 0%.
That's why I have to use TCS 3 on most vehicles that have more than about 250 hp.
Best gt3 feature if you ask me. That was a 'game changer'.

Last edited:
Damn I hate you guys. I really, really, REALLY want to get a good time at LM, but I just don't understand the track. I mean, I keep thinking I get it, but I can't translate it into actual results. I've watched leader laps, and broken them down into manageable chunks, but even that doesn't help. I've lost my mojo and get get it back.

God I hope next week's B has a track I'm good at. 2 races in 2 1/2 weeks just plain blows.

You can't
Sorry, I keep forgetting I'm on yesteryear's hardware so had ASSumed the PS5 carried those over. Damn.

EDIT
@GrumpyOldMan have you tried turning the ghosts off? I don't run ghosts because I find them distracting/deflating when I can't keep up. Invariably, if I do try to chase one, button-smashing and teeth grinding soon follow. May be a great reset tool and allow you to get to know the track on your terms versus forcing yourself into someone else's lines. Turn the racing line on and let it happ'n, Cap'n.👍

Last edited:
FWIW, I switched from buttons to the right stick for acceleration and brakes back in GT6. It was a big adjustment and took a while to start feeling natural, but getting fine control over the inputs was well worth the trouble. I can't imagine going back to buttons.

But changing can be tough. I've made a couple half-hearted attempts since getting GT7 on PS5 to switch over to the adaptive triggers, as the force feedback on braking seems like it could be a real help with trail-braking, but I know it will take weeks of reprogramming my brain, and I'd rather just play the game.

Latest Posts

Back