GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 30,066 comments
I have to admit I've enjoyed some of Race A this week. Thought it was an ultimate troll race but it does have some fun elements to it while trying to set up for the end. That said, I'm tired of the road cars and more unusual combos always being the unranked unscored races. Glad to see Gr4 get put in the no-score bin for once. Racing road cars was always a huge part of GT (just like the tuning I'm not very good at) and to dismiss them the way they have this first year is a shame.

Need to have a month where the Group 4 and up only drivers get the no score races and they put more of the other in with DR and SR on. Way too many overlooked good combos in favor of always leaving at least 2 Group races counting to ratings. Let's open it up, might be surprised by how fun it can be.

That said, Gr4 at The Glen looks like great fun next week.

I think that is the reality, you do the best with what you have.

I got lucky having the time and space to upgrade and again you are right I make much more time now I have space to do it. Before it was dragging the seat out of the way so we could watch tv.

Now I have a "place" I enjoy it. But going g back has made me remember how fun it was to have the ironing board out as my makeshift rig.

I now have a good setup but this was me a few months or so ago

Edit for grammar
I don't know if you guys have access to a welder but I built my rig with a real car seat for $50 worth of metal.

Car seat is from a grand am out of the junkyard.

I can post the design if anyone is interested. It's rock solid and fully adjustable.

Last edited:
Disagree concerning A. What’s really the issue with having one unranked race? The "standard combos" as you call them when they’ve appeared in A have actually been quite fun. Sometimes one just wants to race and can’t be bothered to put in the energy in setting a good qualifying time.
Race A was boring, basically follow the leader and move up in positions only when someone in front kills themself.

Last edited:
I enabled sport mode on my alt account. I entered Race A as DR E. As GT thinks I live in the UK the race was at 4:30am their time, so the lobby was .. interesting.

I posted no QT and starting from the back with only 7 other cars I tried to overtake one driver and every time I got close they would be into me and try to knock me off the course. Madness.

Good thing I don’t care about this alt account so I’m not taking offense. I guess that’s what you come to expect at a DR E rating at 4:30am. 😁

Edit.

Can I stay in DR E please? Won my first DRB by over 10 seconds. :D

Last edited:
That's absolutely amazing, coming back from 40 seconds behind. And I think if you've got that kind of ability, then I would never call you a "silly moron" for refusing to give up.

I've raced in a bunch of lobbies with him (it's a hard name to forget). I don't think I've seen him here, though.

I just did a search, and it's possible he's @steven.
sorry guys but that's not me. tho i am known not to be fast and nicknamed myself after james may a long time ago :)

@GrumpyOldMan et al
I ran some B races today with the plan of making some recordings to show my driving and the sorts of incidents I kept experiencing. However I managed to get in very clean lobbies! The first two races were B and A drivers and I started near the front and finished P2, P3 and maybe P5 or something. After scratching the bottom of A, my score went up comfortably into A and I raced some more in all-A lobbies. The first couple of races were excellent with some of the same people from the previous races. We ran bumper to bumper for much of the afternoon and I realized that if I can trust the drivers around me I was able to be competitive, or at least not be horrible.

What I also discovered is that I needed to tweak my wheel settings after some firmware updates. My steering is now much more comfortable and I was able to recalibrate my brakes, which were killing me! I thought I had been trail braking and tapping the brakes, but they were going full-on every time I touched them! That alone would explain some of the weird rear-end episodes.

Regardless, I was pretty high on the racing and I was learning, at least a little bit, how to run in a crowd of big dog A+ drivers!

But then I pushed my luck and went maybe one race too many. I got murdered again in turn 1, so bad that I got repeatedly hit and spun by every car going by. Why no ghosting? I have no clue! So after getting a wall penalty and having to do an eighteen point turn to get pointed in the right direction, I ran all five laps in last place.

I decided to try one more race, and it was an ok showing with a very strong lobby, finishing P8. And then I realized I had done 999 races, so of course I wanted to do 1,000 in a lobby where I (mostly) was able to trust the other drivers. This race I was able to hang on for P5!

So all the troubles I was having I think may have been solved simply by waiting for everyone else to figure out the track. That, and avoiding the after school lobbies! I didn’t suddenly become a genius, and my qualification time was exactly the same, but I was finally able to get a grip on a few things.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I won’t bother with any video, but I do have this:
View attachment 1240197
Clean races has been interesting, seeing others stats as well it seems most players on this forum are around the 20-30% mark and I would consider most of us here to be the ones in the lobbies who are trying to race clean more often than not.

Someone posted a thread about it and I saw some people posting near 75% clean race stats and I just think either they're above average in talent and so can avoid contact for the most part, or you're not competitive (and they weren't members who frequent this thread so I don't know how much online they actually race).

I don't think you can be competitive, as a relatively average driver, and maintain a clean race stat above say 40-50%.

But that's on the game and how it records a clean race, not on us, at the end of the day.

It's just been good for me because I was worried despite how clean I try to race that my stats were low (around 25%
) and maybe I was more dirty than I thought, but seeing everyone elses here has given me some comfort over that.

Clean races has been interesting, seeing others stats as well it seems most players on this forum are around the 20-30% mark and I would consider most of us here to be the ones in the lobbies who are trying to race clean more often than not.

Someone posted a thread about it and I saw some people posting near 75% clean race stats and I just think either they're above average in talent and so can avoid contact for the most part, or you're not competitive (and they weren't members who frequent this thread so I don't know how much online they actually race).

I don't think you can be competitive, as a relatively average driver, and maintain a clean race stat above say 40-50%.

But that's on the game and how it records a clean race, not on us, at the end of the day.

It's just been good for me because I was worried despite how clean I try to race that my stats were low (around 25%
) and maybe I was more dirty than I thought, but seeing everyone elses here has given me some comfort over that.
There's at least two drivers here with over 1500 clean races, @GOTMAXPOWER and @NAXET
Both are very competitive but also above average in speed and pace

Last edited:

Just taken a look and I'm around 30% with CRB. Granated only 140 odd races/ I wouldn't worry about it. Track limits pens, wall hits count against a CRB I think. I can only recall 2 instances where I've got a penalty for hitting other racers.

There's at least two drivers here with over 1500 clean races, @GOTMAXPOWER and @NAXET
I mentioned you would need to be above average to go beyond those stats, to have the car control to do so.

For us normies it seems 30% is about the average for a clean driver to remain competitive as well.

I’m glad you said that because I was embarrassed to post my stats. But I figured a nice round 1,000 races made for an interesting study. I don’t know what makes for a CRB any more. I ran a completely clean Race B at Maggiore yesterday with no contact and no penalties and I still didn’t get it. I don’t worry about it too much as a stat because other people hitting me affect it, although that’s not always consistent n what removes the CRB either! I just don’t take it personally.

But the 4% winning percentage is killing me . . . :D
I’m guessing that once one gets into the top splits there aren’t as many stupid racing incidents that ruin a clean race. The control at that level is incredible! Since I had to begin at E, there’s no way I’ll ever get that many clean races!!!

I’m glad you said that because I was embarrassed to post my stats. But I figured a nice round 1,000 races made for an interesting study. I don’t know what makes for a CRB any more. I ran a completely clean Race B at Maggiore yesterday with no contact and no penalties and I still didn’t get it. I don’t worry about it too much as a stat because other people hitting me affect it, although that’s not always consistent n what removes the CRB either! I just don’t take it personally.

I’m guessing that once one gets into the top splits there aren’t as many stupid racing incidents that ruin a clean race. The control at that level is incredible! Since I had to begin at E, there’s no way I’ll ever get that many clean races!!!
They also began at E. In fact I know for certain that they have been DR reset at least once.
@NAXHET always try to get CRB, @GOTMAXPOWER do it when he wants to but are taking way more high risk moves. But the car control is amazing on both counts

Last edited:
They also began at E. In fact I know for certain that they have been DR reset at least once.
@NAXHET always try to get CRB, @GOTMAXPOWER do it when he wants to but are taking way more high risk moves. But the car control is amazing on both counts
Didn’t people come up from GT Sport with their previous ranks? I may be wrong on that, but if they were E drivers six years ago or whatever, that’s a lot of time to accrue clean races! I can only aspire to that kind of consistency.

Last edited:
Didn’t people come up from GT Sport with their previous ranks? I may be wrong on that, but if they were E drivers six years ago or whatever, that’s a lot of time to accrue clean races! I can only aspire to that kind of consistency.
Some did, some reset their DR on purpose before coming over.
I think it's harder to get a CRB now than in GT7 though

Thanks to whoever recommended the Vantage for B - it is a good choice, set my fastest laps. Race itself is horrendous, some of the worst and dirtiest driving I’ve encountered in a while (I’m not entirely excluded from that).

The SF19 is way too fast for me so I’m just doing the Italian baby Nascar races until next week.
Was going to write the same thing about the Vantage

Hey @Leon Kowalski

I was just wondering.... What are/ were your plans for today, sir?

🤣😘

Anyways, it's only good for a P15 start these days lol...

Attachments

• 186f4a109ed57-screenshotUrl (1).jpg
    186f4a109ed57-screenshotUrl (1).jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 186f4bbdd1444-screenshotUrl.jpg
    186f4bbdd1444-screenshotUrl.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Disagree concerning A. What’s really the issue with having one unranked race? The "standard combos" as you call them when they’ve appeared in A have actually been quite fun. Sometimes one just wants to race and can’t be bothered to put in the energy in setting a good qualifying time.
I'm fine with unranked races as a concept but I still think the implementation of them is stupid.
If they wanted an unranked quick race - they should have added an unranked quick race. Make it easy to access, make the race change frequently, and make it separate to the dailies.

As it stands, we only get 3 races per an entire week (which is still silly) - and cutting down on how many of these actually matter to your Sport rating in Sport mode was an abhorrent decision for variety. Especially considering they nuked the one place we had to drive road cars competitively.
Making it another bog standard gr4 combo is pretty disappointing to me when they've already gotten rid of the ranked aspect of my favourite race - as it now just gets rid of the ability to race them in matchmaking altogether for the entire week.

I completely agree there should be an unranked option but I don't see why they had to replace race A with it. If it was me I would've turned the docks on the bottom left of the world map into a "Quick Race" function that queues everyone into a random (or an actual daily) combo, and then left daily A as it is.
To me, if people are scared about doing Sport races, they aren't going to click on Sport mode to see a race is unranked. A quick race option would be better served as its own thing that can try to entice them to check out Sport mode after they've given it a go.

If it was me I would've turned the docks on the bottom left of the world map into a "Quick Race" function that queues everyone into a random (or an actual daily) combo, and then left daily A as it is.
To me, if people are scared about doing Sport races, they aren't going to click on Sport mode to see a race is unranked. A quick race option would be better served as its own thing that can try to entice them to check out Sport mode after they've given it a go.
Game has been crying out for a feature like this since launch. Carrying on the Sport routine of 3 races per week was brutal even at the start.

I was not expecting them to be that lazy.

It also hurts to not have any kind of alerts on the main screen as to when races update etc. It's such an obvious thing to try.

I ran a race the other day, almost perfect race except I banged off the wall and caught a 1.5sec penalty. Still got the CRB

I don't know if you guys have access to a welder but I built my rig with a real car seat for $50 worth of metal.

Car seat is from a grand am out of the junkyard.

I can post the design if anyone is interested. It's rock solid and fully adjustable.
Here is the set up. Basically it's an angle iron base with two different sized square pipes for the frame.

I drilled a hole in the pipe and welded a nut to it so I can fasten everything down with a bolt. Which makes adjustments fairly easy. The seat is also operational to slide back and forth like a real car.

The only thing I would change is making the steering colum a 90 instead of the 45. At the 45 I can't adjust height or distance independently it's both at the same time.

Attachments

• 20230318_102857.jpg
    20230318_102857.jpg
    205.4 KB · Views: 4
  • 20230318_102905.jpg
    20230318_102905.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 4
  • 20230318_102910.jpg
    20230318_102910.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 5
  • 20230318_102921.jpg
    20230318_102921.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 5
  • 20230318_102937.jpg
    20230318_102937.jpg
    177.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 20230318_102957.jpg
    20230318_102957.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 5
  • 20230318_102916.jpg
    20230318_102916.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 4

I'm at 32.5%, so about 1 in three CRB. But I agree with you that crb's can be a black-box. There are times when I expected it but didn't get it and others where I get one and think, "wow! crb for THAT?!". I got one just this week even after a 0.5 penalty. I always start a race expecting a crb.

I wish my win percentage was 4%! (Don't ask)

Here is the set up. Basically it's an angle iron base with two different sized square pipes for the frame.

I drilled a hole in the pipe and welded a nut to it so I can fasten everything down with a bolt. Which makes adjustments fairly easy. The seat is also operational to slide back and forth like a real car.

The only thing I would change is making the steering colum a 90 instead of the 45. At the 45 I can't adjust height or distance independently it's both at the same time.
There is a thread for posting pictures of rigs. You should definitely post these pics there as well so they can see them!
I wish my win percentage was 4%! (Don't ask)
Well now you know that I have to ask . . .

I don't understand why all three races can't have a ranked and unranked match making option....so people can practice them all in real conditions.

I'm assuming filling 6 lobbies vs 3 is the main issue

Last edited:
fine. you can round it up to 1%!

I work from home most days and get in some morning races where they are always B/A/A+. There's a core group that I see frequently and the racing is really good, but I'm happy to finish mid-field.
I have a couple time slots like that where I know who to trust even if I don’t win. Ever. But I learn more that way, and one day I will rule them all. Oh yes, I will. Mwwwwaaahaaaahaaaahaaaaa

Back