GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 30,110 comments
Yeah, and the Time Trial Challenge, too. It should be new every week, instead of 2 weeks.
I'm not even talking abut making more money from it.
I would be fine with them making it once a week, and cutting the prize money in half.
I agree. I always wait until the last couple days to run it. That way I don't have to go back if the gold time moves.

Thank you to everyone who mentioned waiting until it started to get dark to run qualifying (start Q, set emergency brake, come back in 20 or 30 minutes, drive like hell for 32 laps like I did). I lowered my time at Lago Maggiore from 1:18.451 to:

View attachment 1240557

It wasn't until lap 26 that I started seeing some results, then they started rushing in. I ran a couple of laps after I set this time, thinking I'd like to try to break the 1:18 barrier, but I can barely keep my eyes open.
View attachment 1240561

OK, @Bullwinkle , @Leon Kowalski, and everyone else below me on this list, the gauntlet has been thrown. (Sorry for gloating, but this never happens to me this late in the week.)
View attachment 1240558
FWIW, I set this time with Assists turned on. I swear I was faster with them on, but then again, I can't really drive with them off, so what do I know?

I shared it in Showcase. Search for "gtp11":
View attachment 1240560

Great job!

So far I haven't had the patience to wait until it gets dark, but maybe I'll give that another try. Because: @TechnoIsLove might do that, too. How do I know?... 🤣

Oh, and one thing about the assists, (and maybe someone who knows better can correct me), but my understanding is as follows: The better you drive, the less you reach the tresholds where the assists kick in, and the less they can slow you down. So, hypothetically, if you nail a picture perfect lap, hitting every line, modulating throttle and brake perfectly, shifting at exactly the right moment, the assists never kick in, and it makes no difference if they are on or off.

Or I'm just talking nonsense...🤣

Last edited:
I watched the whole race and I think he’s an idiot for blaming you. Don’t worry. I wish you posted the race info so I could see if I’ve ever encountered the driver myself. I saw someone else run him off the track before you caught up with him the first time, at which point he took the inside line on that last chicane and drove right into the side of you because he didn’t slow down enough to turn sharper and leave enough room for anyone else. I saw him do it yet again to another driver on the next lap, and then he ran into you on the inside line at T1. Then you passed him yet again as he was doing some serious penalty time.

My overall assessment is that he’s quicker than you but dumber than a bag of hammers, at least in this race. There’s a reason he kept losing positions due to driving incidents. You, on the other hand, ran a clean and respectful race. I think he was just venting at you since you’re the last car he saw in front of him at the end of the race. He very clearly has zero self-awareness and even worse track awareness!

I can’t help but notice you cut me off of your leaderboard. Still sitting on the same time I set on my first laps. 😈

Thanks mate. When he started in the chat I was genuinely confused and thought I'd gone mad 😂

Thank you to everyone who mentioned waiting until it started to get dark to run qualifying (start Q, set emergency brake, come back in 20 or 30 minutes, drive like hell for 32 laps like I did). I lowered my time at Lago Maggiore from 1:18.451 to:

View attachment 1240557

It wasn't until lap 26 that I started seeing some results, then they started rushing in. I ran a couple of laps after I set this time, thinking I'd like to try to break the 1:18 barrier, but I can barely keep my eyes open.
View attachment 1240561

OK, @Bullwinkle , @Leon Kowalski, and everyone else below me on this list, the gauntlet has been thrown. (Sorry for gloating, but this never happens to me this late in the week.)
View attachment 1240558
Great job. Something really annoys me seeing this top 10 though....

I'm on there twice. 7th and 10th with my US and EMEA accounts respectivley. My US account is something I'm not too fussed about yet the time is quicker than my main and haven't be able to get near it since!!!

Thanks mate. When he started in the chat I was genuinely confused and thought I'd gone mad 😂
People use the chat to vent. I do it too sometimes, but I do it less now because I’ve come to realize that reactions in the heart of the moment aren’t usually accurate. But drivers like this one prove to me in five minutes of video that their opinions are silly. Keep doing what you’re doing and things will get better.

Sorry, I shouldn’t assume anything, by the way: what DR/SR are you racing at?

Oh, and one thing about the assists, (and maybe someone who knows better can correct me), but my understanding is as follows: The better you drive, the less you reach the tresholds where the assists kick in, and the less they can slow you down. So, hypothetically, if you nail a picture perfect lap, hitting every line, modulating throttle and brake perfectly, shifting at exactly the right moment, the assists never kick in, and it makes no difference if they are on or off.

It's definitely true that the better you drive, the less the assists kick in. But many expert drivers insist the assists hold them back, and I can see their point.

The following isn't even close to a scientifically-perfect comparison, but I think it illustrates the point. You could argue that things aren't close enough to make this a valid example, but it's the best I've got.

The left is one of the Q leaders, and the right is me. I tried to line up the frames so the positions on the track are as close as possible. And miracle of miracles, I happen to be taking this corner almost exactly the same as the leader:
1679220283315.png

1679220502355.png

The leader is in a 911 and I'm in the V12, so obviously that factors in. But even if it isn't perfect, it illustrates what most expert drivers say about how TCS can hold them back. Add that to how CA and ASM affect the ability to slide a little, and there's a definite difference.

Of course, in one respect, the point is moot. I'm pretty sure I could never come close to matching the near-perfection of the leader's driving, which means using these assists is like having a cheat code.

EDIT: Again, I realize this isn't a perfect comparison - probably not even close, if you think too much about it. But if nothing else, you gotta be a little impressed with both the fact that at this one corner, during this one lap, I'm driving so close to the Q leader. And that I did a pretty good job with the images.

People use the chat to vent. I do it too sometimes, but I do it less now because I’ve come to realize that reactions in the heart of the moment aren’t usually accurate. But drivers like this one prove to me in five minutes of video that their opinions are silly. Keep doing what you’re doing and things will get better.

Sorry, I shouldn’t assume anything, by the way: what DR/SR are you racing at?

Yeah that's a good point. I'm at B/S.

It's definitely true that the better you drive, the less the assists kick in. But many expert drivers insist the assists hold them back, and I can see their point.

The following isn't even close to a scientifically-perfect comparison, but I think it illustrates the point. You could argue that things aren't close enough to make this a valid example, but it's the best I've got.

The left is one of the Q leaders, and the right is me. I tried to line up the frames so the positions on the track are as close as possible. And miracle of miracles, I happen to be taking this corner almost exactly the same as the leader:
View attachment 1240598
View attachment 1240599

The leader is in a 911 and I'm in the V12, so obviously that factors in. But even if it isn't perfect, it illustrates what most expert drivers say about how TCS can hold them back. Add that to how CA and ASM affect the ability to slide a little, and there's a definite difference.

Of course, in one respect, the point is moot. I'm pretty sure I could never come close to matching the near-perfection of the leader's driving, which means using these assists is like having a cheat code.

EDIT: Again, I realize this isn't a perfect comparison - probably not even close, if you think too much about it. But if nothing else, you gotta be a little impressed with both the fact that at this one corner, during this one lap, I'm driving so close to the Q leader. And that I did a pretty good job with the images.
That’s a great comparison! Honestly, it reinforces @LEON Kowalski’s point that, on the edge, it’s not making much difference. On the other hand, that example is of entering a corner. How do they compare on exit? I think that’s the main point that the “no-assist” crowd will make: assists will have an effect on the ability to lay down speed on exit. That would be a great next project for you to compare. (Read: please do more work for my edification!)

In the meantime, I’m brewing some coffee with a car sitting with the e-brake on. . .
Yeah that's a good point. I'm at B/S.
That’s perfect for where you’re at, and it explains the drivers around you. B seems to be the most diverse group. Low B tends to be very good, mostly clean and respectful as drivers begin to learn race craft and deal with more consistency. At high B drivers start to sniff the A rankings and do all kinds of dirty tricks trying to get extra positions to finally crack the A barrier. The worst (in my experience so far) is the low A drivers: they act like they know everything now that they’ve reached A, but they’re barely hanging on for dear life because now they’re racing with A+ folks who actually know what they’re doing. Low A guys do some crazy stuff, and then blame everyone else for what isn’t working. Kinda reminds me of that guy in your video.

Anyway, just stick with what you’re doing. Drive clean, learn as much as you can while doing it, and watch what the idiots are doing and learn from them as well. As has been said here many times, we all gravitate to our “correct” ranking eventually. Don’t cut corners or be in a hurry. Just learn and get better. And mostly, just enjoy yourself. Don’t let the jerks ruin it for you. (I’m telling myself all this same advice as I’m typing it…)
I think "B/S" describes much of what's said in the chats. Oh wait, you meant your DR/SR level. 😂
I’ve been sitting on this joke for a long time! Now you’ve stolen it from right under my nose! The funny thing is, my irl initials are B.S., and I’m a college professor who assigns papers that come back with all kinds of b.s. in them. I tell my students I have a built in b.s. detector, so be careful. Before you ask, I teach philosophy so yes, the joke is probably on me. And yes, there is a special circle of Hell for people who cheat in ethics classes. It is the redacted chapter of Dante’s Divine Comedy.

Last edited:
How much people want to brake for Degner 1 is mental in the SF19's, Even giving as much space as I can possibly find I still run into the back of some drivers for that wholly annoying 2 second penalty. Should be barely even a lift at top speed I don't see why people are slowing down so much for it.
I hear you. When I'm chasing someone in sector 2 I lift just before Degner 1 to create small gap and avoid possible contact. When I'm alone or leading (and with good tires) I try to go flat out. Basically same thing happening when entering turn 1.

Last edited:
How much people want to brake for Degner 1 is mental in the SF19's, Even giving as much space as I can possibly find I still run into the back of some drivers for that wholly annoying 2 second penalty. Should be barely even a lift at top speed I don't see why people are slowing down so much for it.
It is crazy how big the difference in speed in that corner is, even in division A. Quick corners always suit my driving style so I'm flat 99% of the time and occasionally lift, but some people who are actually pretty fast round the rest of the circuit are full on braking. Every race I've left this week has been because of incidents there lol

Last edited:
On the other hand, that example is of entering a corner.
No, that example is exiting the corner.
I’ve been sitting on this joke for a long time! Now you’ve stolen it from right under my nose!
I have too, but it's never been the right time. This time, though, I skimmed his post and thought the "B/S" was actually saying the chat was BS until I re-read it. So this was the perfect time to use it.
The funny thing is, my irl initials are B.S., and I’m a college professor who assigns papers that come back with all kinds of b.s. in them. I tell my students I have a built in b.s. detector, so be careful. Before you ask, I teach philosophy so yes, the joke is probably on me. And yes, there is a special circle of Hell for people who cheat in ethics classes. It is the redacted chapter of Dante’s Divine Comedy.
I didn't even know people knew what ethics are anymore. Nowadays, most people have no clue about "The end doesn't justify the means".

Which of course led me to do a (very) little research, and on one page I read "On the contrary, cheating or avoiding hard classes might keep your GPA high, but using these means never justifies the end result." Which reminded me of my intentionally lowering my DR, and put me to shame. I hate it when that happens. 😂

In my experience, clean drivers will drive clean and dirty drivers will drive dirty regardless of DR/SR accountability.
Yup. A bigger motivation than quantified rankings is reputation. Around these parts, you'll be seeing a lot of the same drivers at race A over, and over again.
So, regardless of rankings, the golden rule keeps a lot of the regular drivers honest.

Last edited:
Great job!

So far I haven't had the patience to wait until it gets dark, but maybe I'll give that another try. Because: @TechnoIsLove might do that, too. How do I know?... 🤣

Not too sure if I will as watching F1 in a bit and then no idea, depends how pissed off i will be after the race 🤣 If red bull have a bad race and Mercedes and McLaren have a good one plus Man Utd win their game , will be online after with a big smile on my face 🤣

Last edited:
Right that's me done for the week. Do enjoy the challenge at Suzuka but the driving standards today...

First time I've ever messaged someone on PSN to ask WTH??!? Didn't respond and I just ended up blocking when I'd calmed down a bit, for the best I'm sure!

The little one wants to show me where blues clues stickers go (I suspect places they shouldn't) and that sounds like more fun to me.

Stay safe out there.

Last edited:

View attachment 1240598
View attachment 1240599

TCS limits your acceleration during turns so it absolutely slows you down and limits your times in exchange for you not spinning out the car. I noticed this a lot when I turned it off and why I was so much faster in the Mustang with TCS on but slower with it off. Mustang is incredibly moody and requires a lot of precision on the throttle to control with TCS off. But the 911 and Ford GT really come alive with it off. The mid engine lets you throw it around in the corners and really control it through the turns.

@GrumpyOldMan @Leon Kowalski
I’ve done about as many laps as I can stand.
View attachment 1240725
Well done. Super fast time.

I’m currently at a loss as to how to improve my times. I seem to get a reasonable one in at the beginning of the week and then I get stuck behind it, unable to improve. It’s like I found a line and brake points that work for me but may not be the best and then I’m unable to adjust…. Meanwhile everyone else gets faster and I slip down the grid…

I follow ghosts from others and that helps but I’m baffled as to how to pull another couple seconds out of this track/car.

Well done. Super fast time.

I’m currently at a loss as to how to improve my times. I seem to get a reasonable one in at the beginning of the week and then I get stuck behind it, unable to improve. It’s like I found a line and brake points that work for me but may not be the best and then I’m unable to adjust…. Meanwhile everyone else gets faster and I slip down the grid…

I follow ghosts from others and that helps but I’m baffled as to how to pull another couple seconds out of this track/car.
I watched through the replay you shared and I raced against it to compare.

-The main thing I think you need to work for this track is the last turn, it looks like you have poor exit speed on it. Don't shift early into 2nd, shift AFTER you make the turn onto the straight. The 911 doesn't really need the short shifting and in my case, it was hurting my times. On the second to last turn (hairpin? sorry, not good with terms), park the 911 on the curbing, with your left tires on the yellow if you are comfortable with it. Keep the car tight on that turn.

-On the first turn, it just feels like you either are coming on the throttle to late or you are turning in a little to early (or both), but I can't decide which.

The rest of the track, you seem to match or out pace me a little. I honestly thought I was going to hate this race this week but it really clicked for me.

Third Person driving is terrible! This was a little fun, so don't mind me if I'm no help.

-The main thing I think you need to work for this track is the last turn, it looks like you have poor exit speed on it. Don't shift early into 2nd, shift AFTER you make the turn onto the straight. The 911 doesn't really need the short shifting and in my case, it was hurting my times. On the second to last turn (hairpin? sorry, not good with terms), park the 911 on the curbing, with your left tires on the yellow if you are comfortable with it. Keep the car tight on that turn.

-On the first turn, it just feels like you either are coming on the throttle to late or you are turning in a little to early (or both), but I can't decide which.

The rest of the track, you seem to match or out pace me a little. I honestly thought I was going to hate this race this week but it really clicked for me.

Third Person driving is terrible! This was a little fun, so don't mind me if I'm no help.

The first 7secs of that video. If I had a £1 for everytime I've done that this week when running QT I'd have my own sodding Porsche!

Last edited:

Good observations. A larger issue is consistency though. There are definitely times where I have nailed those corners and taken a significant time out only to lose time elsewhere.

The last corners; that’s certainly my nemesis. I could be .7s up entering the last two only to then watch it slip away….

Conversely I might be .7s down entering only to then nail it to then gain .5s back up….

If only I could string all the good bits together. 🤔

Last edited:
Won't lie, did around 30 - 35 laps this evening at Maggiore 😅

First I tried the Lancer but best I managed was a 1:18:3. Then I did 10 laps driving the Z4 and managed my best Sector 1 and 3 times ever: 23:9 and 24:3 but was losing a lot of time in Sector 2 for some reason, best time was 1:18:07.

Then I looked at what @Leon Kowalski and @GrumpyOldMan drove and after 20 laps, I finally figured out the best shifting times, best corner entry and exit speeds for the Aston and....

That's it from me this week, Johnnie Walker has made sure I can't get behind the wheel anymore, real or in-game 😂

Have a great evening and let's hope for a fun week in race b and c as of tomorrow!

Attachments

• 186fb9041f649-screenshotUrl.jpg
    186fb9041f649-screenshotUrl.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 6
I changed my mind, and will probably go for Race A with Alfa next week. I have too little time and would have to learn from scratch Gr2 cars. It's a pity because I like Spa

There's at least two drivers here with over 1500 clean races, @GOTMAXPOWER and @NAXET
Both are very competitive but also above average in speed and pace
They also began at E. In fact I know for certain that they have been DR reset at least once.
@NAXHET always try to get CRB, @GOTMAXPOWER do it when he wants to but are taking way more high risk moves. But the car control is amazing on both counts
Thanks for the shoutout, however it should be said that you’re combining GT Sport and GT7 with those numbers, along with some guesswork. :D

Some more detailed explaining for whoever might care. Back in GT Sport me and GOTMAXPOWER fought a bit about the record “Most consecutive clean races” which if memory serves me correctly I took first with 79 and MAX later on took it. I took it back with 117 and MAX once again took it back with 170, 180 or thereabouts and eventually I retook it (granted, on my alt account (link to post)), finally ending up 216 consecutive clean races. If that one still stands, I’m not sure, I never saw anyone else with such high figures though. There used to be an external website where one could see that but I don’t think it works anymore (it wasn’t kudos, it was another one I can’t recall).

I don’t think the way you get a CRB is different in GT7 but what was different in GTS was that it only counted (or well, displayed) consecutive ones and had that little ingame achievement thing where you were supposed to get 15 for the max mileage points. In GT7 we get to see our total amount of clean races, a very nice improvement in statistics and much appreciated. As such all I know is that on my main in GT Sport my consecutive clean races is 117 and on the alt, 216. Total is unknown but surely quite a few given that total races, accounts combined were north of ~3,500.

On GT7 now, I have 782 clean races (in total, consecutive is not displayed in GT7!) on the main and 150 on the alt.

As far as beginning at E and resets go, of course at the beginning of GTS we were naturally there, like everyone else. Last time I was reset was in december 2020:
1679260651921.png

When GT7 was released I let my rankings carry through from GTS, I’m pretty sure MAX reset as he wanted more of a fresh feeling, if I remember correctly. Can confirm he definitely makes more risky moves, also a more entertaining driver to watch rather than yours truly. :lol:

Won't lie, did around 30 - 35 laps this evening at Maggiore 😅

First I tried the Lancer but best I managed was a 1:18:3. Then I did 10 laps driving the Z4 and managed my best Sector 1 and 3 times ever: 23:9 and 24:3 but was losing a lot of time in Sector 2 for some reason, best time was 1:18:07.

Then I looked at what @Leon Kowalski and @GrumpyOldMan drove and after 20 laps, I finally figured out the best shifting times, best corner entry and exit speeds for the Aston and....

That's it from me this week, Johnnie Walker has made sure I can't get behind the wheel anymore, real or in-game 😂

Have a great evening and let's hope for a fun week in race b and c as of tomorrow!

Just what I needed at the end of a frustrating weekend: you rubbing salt into my wounds...🤣

I ran a lot of laps in four different cars, and couldn't crack the 1:18 with any of it. 1:18,071 with the Aston, 1:18,1 with the Lambo, the Mc Laren and the Lancer respectively. And with every single car the chart showed me an optimum time of 1:17,7. I just wasn't able to figure out the final corner; that's where I lost it almost every single time...🤬

Annoyingly I discovered the Lancer quite late, did only 15 laps with it. It seemed to have the most potential for me.

Strangely enough I didn't notice any significant differences in lap times between day and nighttime/dusk setting, in any car...🧐

Just what I needed at the end of a frustrating weekend: you rubbing salt into my wounds...🤣

I ran a lot of laps in four different cars, and couldn't crack the 1:18 with any of it. 1:18,071 with the Aston, 1:18,1 with the Lambo, the Mc Laren and the Lancer respectively. And with every single car the chart showed me an optimum time of 1:17,7. I just wasn't able to figure out the final corner; that's where I lost it almost every single time...🤬

Annoyingly I discovered the Lancer quite late, did only 15 laps with it. It seemed to have the most potential for me.

Strangely enough I didn't notice any significant differences in lap times between day and nighttime/dusk setting, in any car...🧐
Join the Lexus dark side.... we have cookies.

Join the Lexus dark side.... we have cookies.
I saw your time with the Lexus yesterday, bought it and tried it. Have to say it felt slow but was actually fast, don't really know how to explain it?!

It was super solid in the corners and had amazing low-rev acceleration! I just couldn't figure out the best gear to be in at certain corners but agree, solid option there!

Back