GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 31,420 comments
6 B races this morning in the Evo and it’s competitive but a lot of work when a GTR is close on the finish straight.
All 6 races I ended with Clean Race Bonus !!

@icycls was prophetic but he had more confidence in me than I did 😂

Fun getting it done for the first time.View attachment 1341441

Congratulations. Please remember us other plebs now you’ve reached ivory tower status.

Ran my first race B just now. GT-R. Started 5, ended 5, with plenty of downs and ups.

Someone passed me inside on T7 lap 4 and binned me into the hillside then the wall. Fortunately I didn't get any wall penalties, but it dropped me down to 7 or 8.

But a dust-up shortly thereafter (hopefully the butthead who binned me) put me back in P6, and someone had 4.5 seconds of penalties at the finish line, so I ended up back in 5th.

Not as horrible as I expected, but I'm still not sure I'll do a lot of races this week. Qualifying has been fun enough for me.

I think I am somewhere between 1 year and infinity from reaching A+. And my current trend is not in that direction!
I'm right there with you. I keep going from B to A then back to B. I wouldn't mind staying in A if I could drive to that level, but most of the time I just can't.

Finally got another dry race yesterday but got collected into the wall on lap 1 at Bruxelles by someone rejoining the track out of control, and received a 4 second "forcing another car off track" penalty for good measure. Not thrilled with that but we move on. P11 finish due to quits.

Ran two more, wet races, managed P3 and P4. I think the wet line technique is working and I am good with fuel and tires in the 911 since I always make up a position or two in the last laps when everyone else seems to be slowing. I am trying to stick with inters when it rains but I often find myself spinning at Raidillon and Blanchimont when the wetness meter is right at 2/3rds full or slightly over, so that always puts me at a large gap to the leaders, often the race ends as I am leaving the bus stop on the last lap.

Today I tried a race in VR, I almost never race other humans in VR but I had a great time. Got punted again at Bruxelles on lap 1 as well but no penalty for me this time, and despite more spins as mentioned above once it rained I managed to finish P5. I may have to try some more daily races in VR, I dislike not having intervals and awareness of where cars are on track but overall it was not as as I expected, really got my heart racing.

I finally did it. I got a sub 1:55 in the Lancer at Grand Valley.

IMG_7891.jpeg

I tried the GT–R for a while and got that into the low 1:55s. But in the end I got frustrated and went back to the Lancer and then smashed the time.

GT7 | DR B 24-13 QT | Sub 1:55 in the Lancer

Now that said in the race, I’ll probably still be abused by GT-R’s around me. :-)

Last edited:
Did a couple races on the euro circuit. Bumped into @benjoi84. One race was good the other I got entangled with a dirty A/A driver that seemed to think that bumping and side swiping to pass was ok.

That was the only real negative at GV this week. All the rest have been super fun!
I got bit twitchy in the double left after the hairpin. I was bit distracted by the same driver and in the melee I gave you little tap, my race kinda devolved from there. Finding B/S lobbies to be 50/50 whether you meet a race-ender.

You know what though, it's great fun!

Last edited:
How wet was it? How high was the bar graphic on the lower left? There’s a fine line between needing full wets and being able to use Inters. Somewhere between 50% and 75% I think, but haven’t done any testing.
It wet meter varied between 50% to 70%.
1711754014405.png
Talon was on IM and I lost roughly only 1 sec/lap relative to him, which makes me think that W was the better tire in this condition because Talon should be considerably faster than 1 sec/per lap. He is A+ and I'm mid-B.

But then I have seen other A+ folks like AdxRE and GOTMAXPOWER using IM in the same condition (see their posts on this page). So maybe for A+ folks, IM is best and for mere mortals like me, W is better.

Cool! Which car where you in?

That was my first race C of the week and was a last second decision lol
1711754221918.png

The green McLaren but you wouldn't remember as you simply breezed past. Wow, your first race C of the week and you got rain. Awesome!

View attachment 1341519Talon was on IM and I lost roughly only 1 sec/lap relative to him, which makes me think that W was the better tire in this condition because Talon should be considerably faster than 1 sec/per lap. He is A+ and I'm mid-B.

But then I have seen other A+ folks like AdxRE and GOTMAXPOWER using IM in the same condition (see their posts on this page). So maybe for A+ folks, IM is best and for mere mortals like me, W is better.

View attachment 1341520
The green McLaren but you wouldn't remember as you simply breezed past. Wow, your first race C of the week and you got rain. Awesome!
In my experience the IMs at that level are about on par with the full Wets when it comes to pace. The wets are a little safer, especially during braking and in case you hit any standing water/puddles. At the end of the Kemmel the car kept wanting to get squirrely under braking while on the IMs so it just take a little more managing to be careful.

Where picking the IMs would come in handy is if/when the rain stops and the track begins to dry out. The moment that meter starts to drop away from that second rung, the Ws will suffer; they'll wear quick and the lap times will go up for sure. The IMs will be in their sweet spot.

So if it looks like the rain may let up at any point and you can manage the IMs with the bar at that level, IMO that's the way to go. If it looks like it won't let up (like it didn't in our race) and you're more comfortable on the full Wets then by all means!

I do remember that car (remember thinking the livery looked like a lizard/cheetah or something haha) and well done on the top 5! Sorry I didn't recognize your username or I would've said something. GGs

Last edited:
I’VE DONE IT! Clicked my DR over to the next level. Now a DR A driver. Feels good to finally achieve it (just got to try and keep it now 😂).
So my both my main and 2nd accounts were on 99% DR B (checked on Kudos).IMG_5761.jpeg

Just need to race my main account now over the weekend and just tick that one over too.
GT1 in GTWS can’t wait! Might need to do some practice before hand on heavy damage…

So only did the one race tonight and it was another belting race (fyi belting means amazing if you never heard that meaning).
Had another rain race. For what ever reason when it rains I just have really good results. Don’t think I’ve finished outside the top 6 in the rain. Lap 1 had the usual idiots that don’t brake. Punted down to P14. The rain hit lap 6/7 and 4 cars decided to carry on. I’d love to know why they carried on as the wet bar already got the inter line by the pit entry. Pit exit, I was up to P5 after I passed the dry tyre runners. Myself and P4 were on a charge. I followed P4, past P3, before P2 span off. We both closed a 14 seconds gap to P1. The car ahead of me past and then made a gap to myself (in P3) and P2. The last 5 laps was brilliant. The best racing I’ve had all week. Was up against a DR A A driver. We swapped P2/P3 about 4/5 times. All clean and fair overtakes. The last lap I just made a small error at Pouhon and this allowed them to take P2. The fight went down to the bus stop. I tried to just nip in ahead, but gave them a small tap so had to concede the place. Very happy with another P3, and final in that DR A club.

IMG_5762.jpeg

Have to say the McLaren has been amazing to drive round this circuit. I drove the McLaren in the very first GTWS event on GT7 and it was good to drive then, until PD killed it. Since then I’ve never really driven it, or I’ve never got on with it but yeah feels good round here.

I’VE DONE IT! Clicked my DR over to the next level. Now a DR A driver. Feels good to finally achieve it (just got to try and keep it now 😂).
So my both my main and 2nd accounts were on 99% DR B (checked on Kudos).View attachment 1341528

Just need to race my main account now over the weekend and just tick that one over too.
GT1 in GTWS can’t wait! Might need to do some practice before hand on heavy damage…
85q.gif

And I managed to win a race or two... B/S of course, and slow as it goes, but what an experience!
Awesome! And hey, I have raced with you many times. I never knew that you’re a member here. I will give you a shoutout next time I see you in my lobby (hopefully tomorrow). My GT7 name is Boy and I drive a green McLaren with black spots on it.

Think I just had might be my best race in a long time!

Had a beautiful double overtake into turn 1 on the final to take the lead of the race

The full race - I started in P4, in a very strong lobby. Top 2 in the lobby were A+ and I rarely ever race against that standard as I’m only Low A. Driver immediately ahead of me was high A and the rest of the lobby behind me were mostly low to mid As like myself. I figured a race win would be asking a lot of myself so I was going to settle for a podium.

Got off to a sloppy start as I bumped into the back of the car in front of me into turn 1, as I broke slightly late and he was very slow entering the turn which resulted in a small bit of a concertina of bumper bangs behind me. Caught the Mitsubishi driver on lap 2 down the main straight and set my sights on reeling in the top 2. P1 had a penalty to serve which helped me to catch up to him, as he was very fast in his McLaren and he began fighting for the lead with the leader in the GT-R which just helped me back into there slip stream

Coming to the end of lap 3 they went side by side over the bridge and scrubbed some speed off each other which allowed me to slingshot between them for an almost 3 wide move into turn 1. From there on I managed to keep them at bay until the finish line where we finished up .300 seconds between all 3 of us!

Video -

Overall it really wasn’t the quickest of races, fastest lap came in at 1:55.5 or something. I felt I got lucky as the McLaren could have bided his time in the slipstream a bit better as it’s top end is what ultimately killed it.

Also was really cool to win in a lobby where 12 of the drivers were Spanish 😂 I was the only non-Spaniard finishing in the top 8 of the race in the end!

Overall a great race, never been happier with a performance in such a strong lobby. Great close racing, nice and clean too and very respectful in the post race lobby too.

Got this great shot of the 3 cars entering the braking zone 300m out from turn 1 when I made my move

2FB740C0-3310-4ECC-BC29-366B16CCEE8B.jpeg

Awesome! And hey, I have raced with you many times. I never knew that you’re a member here. I will give you a shoutout next time I see you in my lobby (hopefully tomorrow). My GT7 name is Boy and I drive a green McLaren with black spots on it.

Hey! I remember trying to catch to a McLaren like that... And failing doing so!
I'll try add a GTP tag to the name. I'm sure there are lots of us on the daylies!

Man, what a race this Spa was.... And still 2 days on!

Lots of drivers quitting at Spa in my lobbies. Maybe 3-4 on average per race.

Has that been everyone else’s experience?

Hope it doesn’t indicate to PD that longer races with weather are not popular as I’d like more of them!
In several of my races at Spa ( DR D admittedly) I have come in last and in 5th, 6th or 7th place due to people quitting. In several others I finished in P5 or 6 with only 2 or 3 drivers behind me. I think people get tired of creeping around and spinning out in heavy rain. I look at it as good practice.

In several of my races at Spa ( DR D admittedly) I have come in last and in 5th, 6th or 7th place due to people quitting. In several others I finished in P5 or 6 with only 2 or 3 drivers behind me. I think people get tired of creeping around and spinning out in heavy rain. I look at it as good practice.
Agree, it’s really good for practicing car control.

Hey y'all. I missed a lot of posts tonight. i went to an easter party at my cousin's house at 6pm last night and it lasted for 5 hours, so I got sidetracked from gt7. However I did three races at Grand Valley tonight from 9-10pm.

@skandiamannen lol, you were crunched in between those two cars.

@Astro_BS-AS hey man, I'm Chris. How long have you been playing Gran Turismo? I love the wide selection of cars and tracks to choose from everyday. It's part of my training here to become a faster driver.

I changed my mind, I don't think I'm gonna tackle the Spa this week, too tedious and long. Plus the weather is unpredictable. The rain can make a huge impact on your race depending on how you drive in it.

Hey y'all. I missed a lot of posts tonight. i went to an easter party at my cousin's house at 6pm last night and it lasted for 5 hours, so I got sidetracked from gt7. However I did three races at Grand Valley tonight from 9-10pm.

@skandiamannen lol, you were crunched in between those two cars.

@Astro_BS-AS hey man, I'm Chris. How long have you been playing Gran Turismo? I love the wide selection of cars and tracks to choose from everyday. It's part of my training here to become a faster driver.

I changed my mind, I don't think I'm gonna tackle the Spa this week, too tedious and long. Plus the weather is unpredictable. The rain can make a huge impact on your race depending on how you drive in it.

Hi! How long? .... Good question! Since GT1!
I'm 44 so I've been there from the beggining!

It's surprising how much difference the wet line makes in the slower corners where you're braking hard and need the traction on the exit, outside of those two 1st gear corners I've seen people running the racing line and going at a similar pace so I reckon throttle control is more important than the line.

I see you're using traction control, I wouldn't be able to drive in the rain with that on because you're losing the feedback of how much grip there is and how hard you can push the car, ideally to be quick you'll be right on the limit of losing traction, any more than that you'll spin, any less you're underdriving the car and dropping time.

Here's a 2:44 in similar/maybe slightly wetter conditions to show my line, it also shows the throttle, I'm trying not to go to 100% until the car is fully straight on the exits:

I need to work on my pace in the dry I'm 2s a lap off the pace.

That was one hell of a lap! Yeah do agree I was probably massively underdriving the car as the TC never really got activated in my lap :lol: The wet line did help quite a bit on braking zones (like I can brake 50m later and still make the corner) in my few testing laps in Wet but will definitely need more seat time for throttle control and determine how hard I can push.

I believe you have already found most of the 2s you needed on Dry ;) Great QT time you have there!

COuld the race at the Glen next week be Gr2 with the introduction of the GT-One?!? Could PD be thinking outside of the box?! That would be awesome.
I really hope they would rebalance the Gr.2 BoP before they do that. Should be a real blast to drive Gr.2 on the Glen though.
6 B races this morning in the Evo and it’s competitive but a lot of work when a GTR is close on the finish straight.
All 6 races I ended with Clean Race Bonus !!

@icycls was prophetic but he had more confidence in me than I did 😂

Fun getting it done for the first time.View attachment 1341441
Congrats on getting to A+! Just so you know your do have more pixels on the DR bar than I do now...
View attachment 1341519Talon was on IM and I lost roughly only 1 sec/lap relative to him, which makes me think that W was the better tire in this condition because Talon should be considerably faster than 1 sec/per lap. He is A+ and I'm mid-B.

GOTMAXPOWER will probably the better person to answer this as I had (and still have) no idea what I am doing on Wet weather :lol:
In that particular Wet races where I finished DFL, the NSX was on Wets and he was around 1 sec faster per lap than those on IM on slightly wetter conditions. Agrees with @Talon16 that IM is probably better if this is the wettest it would get, as it will eventally dry out towards the end of the race.
So my both my main and 2nd accounts were on 99% DR B (checked on Kudos).View attachment 1341528

Have to say the McLaren has been amazing to drive round this circuit. I drove the McLaren in the very first GTWS event on GT7 and it was good to drive then, until PD killed it. Since then I’ve never really driven it, or I’ve never got on with it but yeah feels good round here.
Congrats on getting to DR A! This is probably the best track/tyre/tyre wear combo for the McLaren in my experience even after they nerfed it slightly. Though the difference in the handling between QT and Race is still annoying.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Did 2 more races last night. First race I was running well behind @GOTMAXPOWER and even had a nice side-by-side battle that lasted a few corners. That was until I forgot to read the weather radar and did not pit for Wets when it pours down (It was bone dry at Eau Rouge in the next lap, by the end of Kemmel straight I was already aquaplaning and flew off track). Rage quitted for my stpuidity but should have stayed to practice my wet weather driving in hindsight.

Second race again had GOTMAXPOWER's company and I don't know how on earth you caught that slide at Eau Rouge on Lap 1! I would have binned it with million seconds of wall penalty myself. Was a bone dry race and went long in first stint to get some clean air, and managed consistant 2:17's after pitting. For the first time this week I was able to pull clear from people behind and reel in the Supra in 4th from 2s behind. Bagged another Top 5 at the end in what could be my best race performance this week.

362BFC3F-6EE9-4036-9660-2CFEB9BCE142.JPEG

Last edited:
Congrats on getting to DR A! This is probably the best track/tyre/tyre wear combo for the McLaren in my experience even after they nerfed it slightly. Though the difference in the handling between QT and Race is still annoying.

View attachment 1341621
Since the update the first few laps I do notice the extra weight. The car does feel a light sluggish in corners but not too much that my pace drops off. My laps have gotten quicker since the update but that could be just me doing about 300+ laps.

Just seeing the Audi on that photo, I tried it the other days and I’m surprised how stable that car is compared to how the thing handled for the last 2 years. My only issue I find is through Eau Rouge and Raidillon, where the car can become unstable on me. Other than that I was only a few tenths off my 650s time

Think that me done for Daily C this week. Had an absolute blast on this race. In general I’ve a few bad races with dirty drivers, a few poor races with error from myself, but in general I’ve had some really good fights and battles.

Getting boring now I know, but got my main account to DR A as well now. I feel like I have really earned it on this account as I don’t really use it and it mainly used for just GTWS races.

Today race, I faced Kimi. First time I’ve come across him on the game so I was little nervous. I’m obviously aware of dirty they are and the cheap tricks he uses to push people of track. On lap 1 they was a few tangles from him with a few a head of me, but I managed to just stay clear and made sure I left enough space. Started the race in P8 and by lap 3 I was up to P3. Made a small error on my outlap and this cost me P3. For the last 8 laps I was just keeping it safe and on track while trying to consistent lap times to make sure the gap behind didn’t fall too quickly. Last 2 laps I had a 4 second lead and luckily P5 & P6 started a battle and this allowed me to drive clear. P4 finish and a DR A account too.

IMG_5764.jpeg

I hope next weeks race is a good one. I love Watkins Glen, but I have a feeling the car choice may put me off it.

I finally did it. I got a sub 1:55 in the Lancer at Grand Valley.
You are the friggin' man! Great job.
I tried the GT–R for a while and got that into the low 1:55s. But in the end I got frustrated and went back to the Lancer and then smashed the time.
I had been using the GT-R, but when I switched to the Lancer, I broke my previous best.
Now that said in the race, I’ll probably still be abused by GT-R’s around me.
Then don't use it in the race - use the GT-R. There's nothing wrong with qualifying in one car, and racing in another.

Somehow, I'd like to take some credit in your breaking 1:55. I know I was too low on the friends list for you to notice, but I've been steadily getting better, and I think subconsciously you heard my footsteps... Nah, probably not. In any case, great job!

It's dynamic weather. Doesn't matter what other people do, your race is unique to your l
The D lobby is tough to get out of. At Spa with a 20 lap race I can’t believe how many cars try to pass in the first corner. With the long races and wet weather I’ve found you can do pretty well by letting the idiots take themselves out and just run a clean race. I can say that I’ve become proficient in the rain this week.

From what will likely be my only C of the week. I am taking a bit of a pseudo-break from Sport mode... just got burnt out after being in a league then the recent Manu series. I am still doing a couple here and there but mostly admin stuff like the TTs, beating the weekly challenges, and updating liveries on a handful of cars.

That said, C was fun. Just kinda dropped in and went despite no practice and grabbing the Renault which I am not a big fan of. Took a few laps for sure learning the braking points of the wet track but all was good. Some good racing in the dry and the wet indeed. I do like the longer races being given to us every once in a while, especially with unpredictable weather.

a08b729548ec8efb977333ab8c0d1d0d_photo.webp

751c69ecaa9b78b053984cb71eb1725f_photo.webp

5ccfbd4fb7d657557a67bdf95ddcb06f_photo.webp

Getting after it with @appu !

7e8eb016d5aa5f598cb0a665b7697041_photo.webp

Guy in the RX-V was quick but as soon as it rained he was struggling... which makes sense as that car can be a bear in the best of conditions. Had some good wet track racing with him and eventually got by on the outside of T15 (Stavelot).

fa0e1cdc8eadb0167edac1336081e652_photo.webp

Did a couple Bs as well. I much prefer Gr3 here but GV is one of those track that Gr4 cars work well, too. Had some crazy close calls...

ee1d52d8a138b9c3bfcdedaf1e9a4484_photo.webp

64496aa0a456b91c8cfd64f81a739ab1_photo.webp

b3753b5417ff842e7242f5597e44b847_photo.webp

6fa67f1844e3fc787a7d1ff7e202b030_photo.webp

I can't believe this wasn't a pen... steward must've sneezed and missed it.

bbf2b8fbfdeb24bf42663f250c96b1a7_photo.webp

Last edited:
You know GV should be famous for it's narrow corners and straight ways. No wonder most drivers are crunched beside other cars. Sometimes I'll run into the white Gran Turismo things in the orange sand. You know what I'm talking about.

I got a better time into this morning, 1'59.620 so I'm making progress. I still need to gain time in some areas. So, how are you guys coming along. It's Saturday. Let's all race and relax!

That was one hell of a lap! Yeah do agree I was probably massively underdriving the car as the TC never really got activated in my lap :lol: The wet line did help quite a bit on braking zones (like I can brake 50m later and still make the corner) in my few testing laps in Wet but will definitely need more seat time for throttle control and determine how hard I can push.
I'm sure things have changed since we last had a wet race in the dailies, there are a few people struggling even Tidgney who is one of the fastest in the game has been having problems, Womble was losing tyre temperature after a few laps when he was streaming so it was like driving on ice.
I believe you have already found most of the 2s you needed on Dry ;) Great QT time you have there!
Lucky lap 😉 Now I just need to work out how to get the tyres to last longer than 7 laps 🤔.

Talon was on IM and I lost roughly only 1 sec/lap relative to him, which makes me think that W was the better tire in this condition because Talon should be considerably faster than 1 sec/per lap. He is A+ and I'm mid-B.

I don't think there is a lot in it if thats as wet is got, if it gets any wetter I would go for full wets because they can be about 2 seconds a lap faster and hold the temperature better but otherwise intermediates because you'll gain back what you lose as the track dries out (I haven't seen it stay that wet until the end often this week). Usually if it's only the lightest blue I will go for intermediates, if its darked and there is a decent patch of it I'll go for full wets.

Did 2 more races last night. First race I was running well behind @GOTMAXPOWER and even had a nice side-by-side battle that lasted a few corners. That was until I forgot to read the weather radar and did not pit for Wets when it pours down (It was bone dry at Eau Rouge in the next lap, by the end of Kemmel straight I was already aquaplaning and flew off track). Rage quitted for my stpuidity but should have stayed to practice my wet weather driving in hindsight.

Second race again had GOTMAXPOWER's company and I don't know how on earth you caught that slide at Eau Rouge on Lap 1! I would have binned it with million seconds of wall penalty myself. Was a bone dry race and went long in first stint to get some clean air, and managed consistant 2:17's after pitting. For the first time this week I was able to pull clear from people behind and reel in the Supra in 4th from 2s behind. Bagged another Top 5 at the end in what could be my best race performance this week.
Nice photo! I can't match your pace in the dry. That first race was one of the wettest I've seen so far this week, not ideal to be on slicks!

This is how it finished, I think it was a private OP team race!

1711813738570.jpeg

Today I tried a race in VR, I almost never race other humans in VR but I had a great time. Got punted again at Bruxelles on lap 1 as well but no penalty for me this time, and despite more spins as mentioned above once it rained I managed to finish P5. I may have to try some more daily races in VR, I dislike not having intervals and awareness of where cars are on track but overall it was not as as I expected, really got my heart racing.
I do all my dailies in VR, and totally agree on your points - mirrors are the only way to have any clue on where the others are, so I spend a lot of time turning my head here and there, so focus suffers. But the immersion is amazing. I think in the future that VR racing will take a much larger market than today.

On another topic - wow, the board really exploded the past few days! Amazing photos, videos, progress, upgrades on DR, and so on! I managed as well do get some progress, but sadly my DR went south this week, I just have the lap time in GV to feel good about. Few more tenths improvement, there might be perhaps one more, but now I'm done I think. P310.

Super tight there in the mid pack.

Skärmavbild 2024-03-30 kl. 17.25.31.png

Last edited:
I'm sure things have changed since we last had a wet race in the dailies, there are a few people struggling even Tidgney who is one of the fastest in the game has been having problems, Womble was losing tyre temperature after a few laps when he was streaming so it was like driving on ice.
I've seen this too and I'm wondering if pad has an advantage in the wet. Obviously there's the in-built countersteer guidance that will make driving a bit easier as a whole - but it's no secret that pad has accelerated tyre wear and I'm wondering if that is also causing the tyres to maintain their temperature more as the movements are quicker and more erratic?

I haven't seen anyone on pad suggest they're losing tyre temps and I haven't noticed it when I've been playing on pad either.

Back