GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 32,371 comments
Try this tune - I managed to knock a good amount of time off my QT with it!

1713479365795.png

Edit: Sorry, meant to credit the master tuner @praiano63 !
Yep, I can vouch for this tune also.

1715804205791.png

Anyone changing Brake Balance with this? I just tried +3, and it seems better, but I haven't run it enough to be sure. I will say, however, it seems to make it easier to take Druids (T2). I can hit and stay on the kerb much better.

1715804446012.png

Now if I could just get the hang of Clearways I'd be golden. I suspect, however, that I'm not alone with that. :)

I wish they’d ditch the ghosting. A 3 second penalty for lightly bumping a car that turned solid in the middle of a narrow track 0.5 secs beforehand, it just seems a wee bit unfair.

I know I should go on the grass to avoid the obstacle, but human nature (ie my brains) thinks that is a completely clear track.

What magic happened in B. A car I can drive. These times are going to tumble drastically now the G70 is out of the bag.

I used that tune but tweaked the LSD acceleration settings a bit and took tenths off my time.

IMG_8130.jpeg
IMG_8129.jpeg

Perhaps I might try racing it now, though I need to practice pit entry.

Last edited:
Yep, I can vouch for this tune also.

View attachment 1355702

Anyone changing Brake Balance with this? I just tried +3, and it seems better, but I haven't run it enough to be sure. I will say, however, it seems to make it easier to take Druids (T2). I can hit and stay on the kerb much better.

View attachment 1355704

Now if I could just get the hang of Clearways I'd be golden. I suspect, however, that I'm not alone with that. :)
Glad it worked for you too - like you I've been running it with +3 brake balance, seems to be about right 👍

Improved my QT to a 1:25.6 in race C, took a best result of P2 today, should have had better results but I find it quite hard to be consistant here. Blew a P1 with a completely unforced error, in a bit of a rut since Manu Round 1.

@GOTMAXPOWER Did you see this confusion caused by our matching cars :lol:

Watch until T13 to see my race go up in smoke by a wildly oversteering Ford GT :crazy:

Well finally... It took 2.5 years and 2701 races, but I made A+ on my UK account. It likely could have happened quicker, but I generally never race the meta cars, and I've had to quit quite a few to rescue postpeople and couriers from the jaws of Jack Russells, or help my old neighbour with IT problems ( always comes knocking during a race 🙄)

18f7e5a570023-screenshotUrl~2.jpg

I probably won't be there very long, but will make the most of it while I can..

Last edited:
Improved my QT to a 1:25.6 in race C, took a best result of P2 today, should have had better results but I find it quite hard to be consistant here. Blew a P1 with a completely unforced error, in a bit of a rut since Manu Round 1.

@GOTMAXPOWER Did you see this confusion caused by our matching cars :lol:

Watch until T13 to see my race go up in smoke by a wildly oversteering Ford GT :crazy:

I'm glad the Ford isn't dominant like last time here, with the top end speed advantage it totally kills the race if everybody is using it, this week has been good fun so far with a nice mix of cars. Rory obviously isn't a Manthey fan, yours is clearly a newer version of the livery 😂

@Barney Da Dog

Jesus christ man, what a setup :D

1715813848925.jpg

What's funny is that I smashed my previous personal best (47.222) in literally 3 laps, just warming up I managed a 46.999, and what's even funnier is that in quali trim, I'm lapping 47.0-47.1 constantly. Crazy. And of course, to lay down in bed wondering what could have been, my optimal time in one stint was 46.753, which would be a WR tonight, but it wasn't meant to be :D

I’m literally shaking after pulling this off. 42nd in the world!

Where are all the fast guys this week? I’m never that high! 😁

IMG_8132.jpeg
IMG_8131.jpeg

Edit.

Of course first race and I’m pole but I forgot to practice first corner braking and go off into the sand, down to 14th. I dove into the pits after that and managed to climb back up to finish 7th.

The fact that only 15 cars raced on a Wednesday evening means not many are actually racing this daily this week.

Edit2

Race 2 I’m ok for a couple laps but drop to 3rd behind two A+. That’s ok until I put wheels on dirt and power into a barrier. Is damage high as I had front, tires and engine damage? The car was a conplete slug. After pitting and a second off, I quit. DNF.

So much for fast QT. I should stick with time trialing 😁

Last edited:
I’m literally shaking after pulling this off. 42nd in the world!

Where are all the fast guys this week? I’m never that high! 😁

View attachment 1355799View attachment 1355800

Edit.

Of course first race and I’m pole but I forgot to practice first corner braking and go off into the sand, down to 14th. I dove into the pits after that and managed to climb back up to finish 7th.

The fact that only 15 cars raced on a Wednesday evening means not many are actually racing this daily this week.

Edit2

Race 2 I’m ok for a couple laps but drop to 3rd behind two A+. That’s ok until I put wheels on dirt and power into a barrier. Is damage high as I had front, tires and engine damage? The car was a conplete slug. After pitting and a second off, I quit. DNF.

So much for fast QT. I should stick with time trialing 😁

Great stuff! Your lap looks very smooth. Mine looks more like I'm trying to recreate "Bullitt". I'm sliding a lot, which is somewhat fun, but unsustainable for a 10 lap race.

Seems like I have to learn trailbraking. 😅

Victory ! I had to drive the pants off the Megane as I was tired of getting punted off the track when reaching the first corner. So many damn dirty drivers.

But God damn! Looks like I need to switch to the G70 asap 😅

I'd like a RCZ or a G70 tune for this, I know a few top times used the Genesis G70 car.
The one that @Robster UK posted is very good. I tweaked that further for my driving style but it is a very solid starting point.

Tell me more!
I softened the front ARB one notch that appeared to give me more turn-in. I also left the the LSD rear accelleration stock at 30. I also eased the BB a little to 4 as 5 was causing it to be little slidey in some corners. I played with the NF a bit but didn't really see much effect there.

The car is very stable and I feel I can get more aggressive with the LSD somewhat but I think it needs more work for race tuning. I plan on setting up a custom race so I can see how it runs with full fuel as I'm losing time in some corners when in race (particularly the first). That may be me needing to learn a different line for racing...

Oh one more thing, I don’t use traction control. No need. This thing has so much grip.

Last edited:
This G70 tune was posted a page back, I haven’t tried it yet, but it’s likely decent since it’s all min/maxed for speed.

View attachment 1355931
A good few people have managed quick times with it - I don't know enough about tuning to know if it needs tweaking for using hard tyres, but it's worked well for me as it is.

The only additional tuning I've used is +3 brake balance!

So imagine this, yeah!

My first race of the week, ended 5 mins ago! Race C at Deep Forest.

I qualify in P6, adrenaline pumping. I didn't expect to start this high so I quickly change to RM tires for my 1st stint, thinking strategy here 🤔

Race starts, heart beating fast! I already have a small gap to P7 behind by the first hard braking-point (T3) and only 1.3s between P1 and myself. And then it happens!!

Can you imagine.... Not 1, not 2, not 3 or 4 or 5! SIX - Six Position changes by the time I exit T4/ 5, when I started in P6 !!! 🤪🤩🥳😎

What could have happened, you ask? How can this incredible scenario even take place?! Well, my friends, I recorded this incredible 60 seconds just so you can believe me, admire me and be impressed by my excellent race-management and race-craft!

Will start giving private lessons at $40/ hr as of this Saturday, if you want to be able to achieve such incredible stats as I am! Bookings end after 6 confirmed slots are taken and deposits have been paid!

1715875989281.jpeg

1715875997625.jpeg
1715876005124.jpeg

Enjoy my friends, I am off to try and beat this incredible record of mine, as difficult as it may be! 😎

Good luck and Godspeed!

Last edited:
It's amazing how these times are falling. I'm just waiting for the truly fast guys to wake up and we all drop out the top 100...

View attachment 1355954

@newmedia_dev well done on you 23rd spot.
What do you mean, I just got up....

🤣

Edit: to be fair the top 3 are alien quick especially Laporty/Distinct Naif

So those times aren't gonna move too much. There is a lot of absent peeps this week for some reason names that I'd expect to be there that just haven't done it yet 🤷‍♂️

That said, make hay while the sunshine's and all that

Last edited:
Ugh, I tried the B race last night, spent the first hour chasing top ghosts in quali

View attachment 1355324

But the race is a completely different story, I spent the first 8 laps just understanding the car, how it behaves with a full tank, it's a night and day difference, it's more like I mounted the fresh set of SH tires instead of RH... And of course I lost many positions, started second, finished 6th, mind you in a good A+ lobby but still... I think the Megane is not really the right choice for the race, it's so twitchy and inconsistent, very good for setting a quick time but I must look elsewhere for a race pace car. Maybe Supra, I will see...
another GT7 player who lives in Malta! I just added you on PS

So imagine this, yeah!

I qualify in P6, adrenaline pumping. I didn't expect to start this high so I quickly change to RM tires for my 1st stint, thinking strategy here 🤔

Race starts, heart beating fast! I already have a small gap to P7 behind by the first hard braking-point (T3) and only 1.3s between P1 and myself. And then it happens!!

Can you imagine.... Not 1, not 2, not 3 or 4 or 5! SIX - Six Position changes by the time I exit T4/ 5, when I started in P6 !!! 🤪🤩🥳😎

What could have happened, you ask? How can this incredible scenario even take place?! Well, my friends, I recorded this incredible 60 seconds just so you can believe me, admire me and be impressed by my excellent race-management and race-craft!

Will start giving private lessons at $40/ hr as of this Saturday, if you want to be able to achieve such incredible stats as I am! Bookings end after 6 confirmed slots are taken and deposits have been paid!

View attachment 1355951

View attachment 1355952 View attachment 1355953

Enjoy my friends, I am off to try and beat this incredible record of mine, as difficult as it may be! 😎

Good luck and Godspeed!

Your clip perfectly summarizes the sportmanship level of this game nowadays and exposes how much a fair penalty system is needed.
Its something beyond regions or DR level and I think PD is well aware of this because they are manually (and in a very obscure way) stewarding the GTWS (at least the top slots)

My butt hurts from watching that video. I can't really say what I feel unless @Famine gives me a moratorium on the profanity rules on this forum. :) (Did I use "moratorium" correctly here?)

So imagine this, yeah!

View attachment 1355951

View attachment 1355952 View attachment 1355953

Good luck and Godspeed!

Man it must suck being a D rated driver....🤣

Edit:

Most of the issue is people are TT'ing times so any form of traffic or concertina is alien to them they look for their markers not the cars. There needs to be a way to teach people race anticipation and awareness.

If people drove like this on the road we'd all be dead so clearly most can manage a bit of self preservation it's just translating that to the game (but not ghosting half the field please!!!)

Last edited:
Man it must suck being a D rated driver....🤣

Edit:

Most of the issue is people are TT'ing times so any form of traffic or concertina is alien to them they look for their markers not the cars. There needs to be a way to teach people race anticipation and awareness.

If people drove like this on the road we'd all be dead so clearly most can manage a bit of self preservation it's just translating that to the game (but not ghosting half the field please!!!)
What we need are some rigs that give you a solid kick in the nether regions if you drive like a d*ck and hit people.

That’ll put a stop to this.

Last edited:
Back