GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 33,039 comments
@newmedia_dev

@TheNormsk

Agree completely. A couple of bashes at Race A to see what it's all about this week and I'm done. Thought about Dragon Trail for a bit, but I think I know how it's gonna go, especially with tuning enabled

I'm a bit disappointed that two out of the three 20m Legends cars I still have left to purchase have appeared back-to-back so I have a bit of effort to put into earning some credits, so I'm opting for a €€€ week instead.

I'm having great times at Seaside too, I got a time of 1'49.919, using the Genesis G70. I love that thing, it drives semi-fast. I still wonder if there's a faster and better car. Let me know guys if you find any good combos. And if possible any tuning spreadsheets. I think tuning for the brake balance is only allowed at Maggiore.
I’m using the McLaren 650 S which looks to be somewhat popular. I’m right there with you at the 1’50ish QT. I’ve stiffened it up a fair amount and played with the damper compression but I can’t really tell the difference on springs. I’ve also started short-shifting under load which seems to be faster for me.
My current goal is to get off the brakes and be smoother but that’s more of a long term project.
In the C lobbies I’m in, there are much faster QT drivers but they tend to make a lot of mistakes. I’m slow but very consistent, very few mistakes. I’m sure as you get to the A/B lobbies you’ll find fast and consistent. I’m a ways away from having to deal with that.
IMG_2839.jpeg

Last edited:
I like Lake Maggiore West as a circuit for TTs but most races I have, LM becomes a cluster**** with me invariably being taken out by some yahoo in the first or second turns. I think my frustration last night is with racing hards and how slippery they appear to be. Accellerating out of turn two, even with my wheels on the grippier yellow paint, I would often end up pointing into the barrier.

100% throttle - big no no - barrier territory.
90% throttle - that was quick and it worked.
Next lap, only 50% throttle, still rotated into barrier. Ugh!

That turn is so sensitive to steering angle, throttle application and if you are on the yellow paint or tarmac. You need to be 100% focused to not end up spinning. I wasn't so I switched off, put YouTube on and fell asleep on the couch! LOL.

Last edited:
Don't let one or two weeks sour you. I'm not thrilled with this week either.
It's also because summer is happening. I've mention before that I see myself spending less time on GT7 now that the weather is warm again. GT will be more a winter thing for me going forward as I avoid upper Midwest arctic winters. That's my fault though for marrying someone from Wisconsin. :D

Now that it's nicer, I'd rather be outside....

Yeah also not feeling it I have to say, I had a couple of races yesterday early morning, when the racing is usually good, I spun it in third which really p***** me off and finished last and second race I started on pole and would you believe someone torpedoed me at the first corner, from fifth or something, I mean, I was literally laughing whilst spinning around and around in amazement 🫣🤣

I like racing DTS with Gr3 - but it just seems a bit dull with Gr4. It might be more fun if I was starting further up the grid of course.. which is the same for me on B this week. I'm 3 or 4 tenths off my fastest friends, but that has me starting 15th (behind 14 911s)

Might be week of making liveries....

After a full day of racing at the Dragon Trail C and using, what looks to be the meta, the McLaren 650 S, I finally broke well into the top 20,000 best drivers in the universe 😎. I’m not sure I’ll live long enough to get to the 10,000 mark.

On a positive note, I upgraded my setup from the work-bench. So far the seconds/$$ spent is a tough sell to the wife.

IMG_2868.jpeg

It's also because summer is happening. I've mention before that I see myself spending less time on GT7 now that the weather is warm again. GT will be more a winter thing for me going forward as I avoid upper Midwest arctic winters. That's my fault though for marrying someone from Wisconsin. :D

Now that it's nicer, I'd rather be outside....
How y'all been?😁

Apparently I've fallen into this category as well. Rebuilding the deck, dealing with pool, mowing grass...haven't raced in ages, it seems. Plus, the garage is warm enough to hang-out in again. I like it there..the stereo kicks ass and I'm in good with all my neighbors. They don't mind when their house shakes a bit now and again.👍

Good luck out there and have fun!

How y'all been?😁

Apparently I've fallen into this category as well. Rebuilding the deck, dealing with pool, mowing grass...haven't raced in ages, it seems. Plus, the garage is warm enough to hang-out in again. I like it there..the stereo kicks ass and I'm in good with all my neighbors. They don't mind when their house shakes a bit now and again.👍

Good luck out there and have fun!
Hey man, haven't seen you post in a while. I've been busy this past month helping my mom around the house and cooking for her so she can get to her doctor appointments. We are getting ready for the summer. We are gonna hire someone to cut our grass outside. Have you done any daily races lately? Take care and stay healthy/safe, :)

OK guys, I'm a-coming for you:

1716463930384.png

Here's a tip for anyone struggling with this track: Don't be afraid to try different assist settings at this track.

By the way, I'm a DR A around 45%.

I'd been driving the 911 with only TCS set to 1 (or 2, I switched it back and forth) (and ABS strong). No ASM or CA. It felt like I was doing well, but I was waaaaaay behind (relatively speaking).

I fiddled with a lot of things, and I discovered that with TCS at 2, ASM on, and CA strong, I had a HUGE gain in times. From 1:23.214 to 1:22.692.

I'm not sure I need both ASM and CA, so I'll play with those. It's quite possible that ASM is all I need.

Here's why these settings helped: I don't have to be nearly as careful around T2 and T3. Same with 7, and the final loop. I can focus on getting the lines and timing right, which had been my main issue.

Obviously if I could master the 911 without assists, I could get better times. But I could also be an A+ if I was better. And maybe someday I will. But not today.

BTW, I use BB +3 or +5, still not sure which I prefer. +5 causes me to slide some, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. We'll see.

CAVEAT:

This doesn't mean I won't still fiddle with the assist settings. Maybe they didn't have as much affect as just learning the track better did. But my point is, if you're having trouble with this track, try EVERYTHING.

View attachment 1357578

Here's a tip for anyone struggling with this track: Don't be afraid to try different assist settings at this track.

I'd been driving the 911 with only TCS set to 1 (or 2, I switched it back and forth) (and ABS strong). No ASM or CA. It felt like I was doing well, but I was waaaaaay behind (relatively speaking).

I fiddled with a lot of things, and I discovered that with TCS at 2, ASM on, and CA strong, I had a HUGE gain in times. From 1:23.214 to 1:22.692.

I'm not sure I need both ASM and CA, so I'll play with those. It's quite possible that ASM is all I need.

Here's why these settings helped: I don't have to be nearly as careful around T2 and T3. Same with 7, and the final loop. I can focus on getting the lines and timing right, which had been my main issue.

Obviously if I could master the 911 without assists, I could get better times. But I could also be an A+ if I was better. And maybe someday I will. But not today.

BTW, I use BB +3 or +5, still not sure which I prefer. +5 causes me to slide some, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. We'll see.

CAVEAT:

This doesn't mean I won't still fiddle with the assist settings. Maybe they didn't have as much affect as just learning the track better did. But my point is, if you're having trouble with this track, try EVERYTHING.
Well, I'm having a difficult time getting below the 1'25.000's, what do I need to have the CSA and ASM set to. There's a few options for each one. I normally have the BB set at 1-2. I wonder if I should switch it to the negative side. Oh, nvm. I saw what you had the CSA and ASM set to. I won't be back until Saturday night as I'm going to the mall and to get my haircut. So I'll have to curb the racing time tonight and tomorrow.

View attachment 1357578

CAVEAT:

I think most people forget that IRL Gt3 and Gt4 cars never run with out ABS or TCS.

The games implementation of TCS at first was very very struggling, now it seems 1 hardly slows you down I very rarely find myself needing more than that. I(a 95 percent A driver) am almost always faster in Gr3 and faster cars with TCS 1.

I frankly understand people using ASM and CSA and I have an continue to use them sometimes in certain combos but IMO the usage of such should be banned at a certain level. ASM does exist but IMO it give dirty/careless drivers too much of advantage in bumping/punting people and CSA simply put doesnt actually exist as far as I know.

View attachment 1357578

CAVEAT:

Nice time!

I did mine without assists. So my time is better than yours! :D

Oh well, the A+ was good while it lasted 😂
Race B has been a bit of a disaster. Punted off several times and finishing near last soon depletes it - bit grating to see the punters' DR increasing though:irked:
The manu cup failures killed all my farmed DR from brands 🤣

B is toooo much of a lottery atleast with C EVERYONE hits the wall in the race at some point 🤣

Hello everybody!!

I've been away most of the week but for a good reason!

My beautiful baby is alive! First start in over 2 years, left running for 30 min and logger showed everything is great! Warm start below - headphones recommended for proper sound!

Yipppeeeee - 95% done 🥳 🥳 🥳 😎 😅 Also, full engine rebuilds are damn hard when the parts you need are extremely rare to find around the world lol.

Last edited:
Hello everybody!!

I've been away most of the week but for a good reason!

My beautiful baby is alive! First start in over 2 years, left running for 30 min and logger showed everything is great! Warm start below - headphones recommended for proper sound!

Yipppeeeee - 95% done 🥳 🥳 🥳 😎 😅

I was confused that you are right hand drive then i remembered that Malta used to be a British colony. So is it correct that you drive on the left?

Back