GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 33,072 comments
Yes, Yawagima is back for next week! But my week will be slammed, so I'll still have to make some time to do some daily races there. Maybe 5-10 a day if I can. Dang, half the year is almost gone. That's what happens when I'm having lots of fun with gt7.

This is just anecdotal but there is definitely a correlation of sorts with the reception of the weeks races and this thread activity!
I did 0 races this week. Just tried a few qualy laps of each combo just to notice what I suspected, not a week for me.
At least we have since yesterday a really good combo for TT (I suck at green hell but I love it anyways)

Yeah, it has become pretty stale.
I don't just mean the car/track combos, but the whole thing.
Daily races may benefit from some sort of tweaks to the format.
Tweaking the selection "algorithm" for tracks and cars might already be sufficient.

There's lots of neglected tracks, and an abundance of unused cars.

But I'd like to read some ideas for format changes.

Last edited:
Don't know when the last time was I did a daily race. Getting kinda bored with the game and the recent dailies have just been so... uninspiring. Hoping I do eventually, but that drive/excitement just isn't there and not looking like it will be in the near future. Time will tell...
We all think they suck. And I lose the motivation as well. But the pull of the drama drags me back in....admittedly on other accounts 🤣 but racing is racing sometimes and that's fun if you aren't massively invested in it

Edit:

What the actual fluff is wrong with people in a 20 min race that they will wedge gaps that aren't their open on the first lap. It's such thirsty child like approach to racing.

These people are the reason school kids don't get winners medals but "participations trophies" seriously :/

Right sod this I'm gonna properly QT now I have 25 mins to wait

Last edited:
I meant this weeks races and less activity on the thread.

Next week is next week 😉
Well beyond having an evening of Race A (and enjoying that one) and setting a good QT in B and a dire QT in C I couldn't be bothered in racing. My feeling that a race in B would only result in me being whacked into a wall at one or more times based on prior experiences there. Can't be bothered by that..

I got to race and quit against @Sum1s2pid tonight.

It's nice to see fellow forum peeps.

Much to fireflies chagrin I was on my US account so not getting in the way and if I was or binned it quit.

Also thank you Sum, but please don't feel like you have to let people through. Massively appreciated and I wish more peeps would do it but just race your race mate. It's my practice to find the gap or pressure you ❤️

I got to race and quit against @Sum1s2pid tonight.

It's nice to see fellow forum peeps.

Much to fireflies chagrin I was on my US account so not getting in the way and if I was or binned it quit.

Also thank you Sum, but please don't feel like you have to let people through. Massively appreciated and I wish more peeps would do it but just race your race mate. It's my practice to find the gap or pressure you ❤️
You were clearly faster, and I wanted to learn. 👍

Finally hopped into Daily Race C with my trusty Singha NSX Gr.4 (default settings, 1:48.239 QT) to brave the Chicane of Death with warm bodies on track for the first time ever. What could possibly go wrong?* Let's raze that Driver Rating!

Race 1: Started P9. Early contact shuffled me down the order, so I pit after Lap 1. Came out last. Several braindead solo incidents - and adjusting to tire wear too slow - kept me there, where I finished P14 (last).

Race 2: Started P11. Gained a few places from other people making mistakes. Lost them all - and then some - after a Chicane of Death incident with another car. Grumbled my way to a P10 (last, after a handful of DNFs).

Race 3: Started P10. My race pace wasn't great (1:49s), but it was consistant once I got some breathing room, which helped keep me free of mistakes, for a P6 finish.

Race 4: Started P13. Was in P11 on the last lap, behind two McLarens that were fighting pretty aggressively. Got too excited when one of them bumped the other into an off, and spun myself. Dropped several positions trying to recover, for a P15 (last).

Race 5: Started P14. Tried to keep pace with someone who definitely was not Glen. I know this, because their name said so, and I read good. They were too quick for me. Miracled myself into a P8.

Race 6: Started P11. Suffered a bit of damage smacking a Veyron that didn't ghost coming out of the Chicane of Death on Lap 1, but otherwise stayed clean, matching my best result of the day: P6.

*Dramatic re-enactment:

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Don't know when the last time was I did a daily race. Getting kinda bored with the game and the recent dailies have just been so... uninspiring. Hoping I do eventually, but that drive/excitement just isn't there and not looking like it will be in the near future. Time will tell...
Yeah amen to that, haven't taken this game seriously in a long while. Only so often I can do the same thing repeatedly before the lack of variety puts me over the edge.

Even looking at the thread outside of weekly activity, there are far far less people talking in here than there used to be. It's the same handful of people now, but you dial it back a few hundred pages and you can see how many people have been bled out over time because there's consistently been nothing happening to keep the format interesting.

I do every Time Trial now and the odd World Series race but I get my actual racing fix from iRacing now.

To add to what others have said - I also have not done a single daily race this week.

I echo the general consensus that Sport Mode needs a shake up. The fact that the only change to the format since GT Sport has been to turn DR off on race A is bizzare.

Also for example, take next week. I like Brands Hatch but have we not had it like two weeks ago? There's also a time trial there. Too samey for me considering so many tracks are under utilized.

To add to what others have said - I also have not done a single daily race this week.

I echo the general consensus that Sport Mode needs a shake up. The fact that the only change to the format since GT Sport has been to turn DR off on race A is bizzare.

Also for example, take next week. I like Brands Hatch but have we not had it like two weeks ago? There's also a time trial there. Too samey for me considering so many tracks are under utilized.
It's quite mad... I've nothing against this kinda "reinforcing" of using the same tracks with different machinery in successive weeks, but IMO it should've been something that they set in place from Day Zero. All they would've needed to do is announce it as 'themed racing' or something cheesy like this....

Did you like the MR2 around Nurb Sprint? Well this week's TT is going to take us there again but this time it's in a Ferrari.

Or

How did you find our custom-tuned sports cars? Try getting behind the wheel again in this Special Online Weekly Challenge, over 20 laps at Suzuka with weather enabled versus the AI.

Just for some consistency, or semblance of a pattern.

Last edited:
Can’t say I’m looking forward to race b next week, haven’t raced much this week either, maybe it’s a summertime thing, I’ll see how it grabs this weekend otherwise there’s always the week after next!

Good weekend of Sport though, Monaco GP, Indy 500, FA Cup Final

I’ll take my boy to football this morning and then I have garden duties to attend to, enjoy the weekend guys

Perhaps it’s not all that impressive, but it’s much better than my 151 I had before I started this evening.

I got the G70 into the 1:46s for daily race C (1:46.764). It’s a bit touch and go through the chicane of death with the inherent understeer of the car, but I have a tune on this that if you keep it in fourth gear seems to clean the COD quite well. My tune is at the end of the video.

GT7 | Daily Race C 24-21 | G70 qualifying lap and tune

Anyway, posting this in case somebody’s looking for another car to use for daily rate C. This thing is pretty stable, hammering it through the curbs in the esses. The one place you have to be careful is the chicane of death that’s it.

I have not raced it though so I’ve no idea what it’s like in the race with tires and fuel.

Last edited:
No more racing for me this week as I’m off to the Indy 500 for the first time. Please join me in prayers that the rain stays away!
Enjoy Indy, and don’t worry about the rain. The only time I went I camped at the Coca Cola Bottling Factory field with several thousand of my closest friends, and it rained all night long. Like, tornado weather. And with every lightning flash the entire crowd cheered. By morning it was clear enough to race. The whole experience was a circus, especially the bumper-to-bumper traffic of drunk fans trying to race home after the event!

If you get a chance, go to the infield. The race is incredible there, plus there’s an entirely different circus going on there as well.

Have fun!

I just had one of those finishes we all hate.
1716640755100.png

At Daily Race B, I was P3, and I had a 1 second lead on the guy behind me starting the final lap. I didn't get the exit quite right on T3, which sucks because I could watch my lead shrink during that long stretch leading up to T7.

And, of course, with the pressure on, I didn't hit T7 as god as usual, and I watched my lead shrink some more leading up to T10/11.

But I hit T10/11 really well, and I still had about a .4 second lead coming up to the final corner. Phew. One more turn, and P3 was mine.

Except, of course, I totally screwed it up, letting P4 win by a really small margin.

Ugh. I hate giving it away at the final turn.

EDIT: Looking back on this, I was obviously much too focused on the guy behind me. I was driving better than him, and I should have just focused on what I was doing. How many times will I have to re-learn this lesson?

1716640686009.png

But I'd like to read some ideas for format changes.

In my opinion, it would be really easy to make the daily races more exciting again.

For the first year, or two of GT Sport, all 3 daily races changed every day. It was so great!
Every morning when I turned on the console, There was anticipation of some new great fun to be had.
I doubt anybody spent more than 20 or 30 minutes on qualifying, because you had to get to the racing before the moon made another revolution. You had to adapt quickly to the new combos.

Nowadays, if someone sees 3 new races that they don't like, they may stay away from the game for a week, thinking "this game sucks". If someone really likes one of the races, they might spend the whole week farming DR points there. Boring :yuck:

I seriously doubt PD will go back to having 3 new races every day. But changing it to a week went a bit too far.
Even if I really like a race, usually by about Thursday, I'm over it. Too much repetition.

I have a solution where we could meet in the middle, and probably satisfy a lot of people, including Sony and PD.

Monday: New race A combo, lasting for 3 days
Tuesday: New race B combo, lasting for 3 days
Wednesday: New race C combo, lasting for 3 days
Thursday: New race A combo, lasting for 3 days
Repeat in perpetuity...

Every single day, a lot of people will be logging in to see what the new race combo is. I'm sure the people in charge would be glad to have folks signing in more often. They changed the Lap Time Challenge from one every two weeks to a new one every week. Increasing the frequency of daily races would be equally beneficial.

I think it would be good for everybody.

BOOM! Problem solved :D

Last edited:
Back