GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 33,076 comments
In my opinion, it would be really easy to make the daily races more exciting again.

For the first year, or two of GT Sport, all 3 daily races changed every day. It was so great!
Every morning when I turned on the console, There was anticipation of some new great fun to be had.
I doubt anybody spent more than 20 or 30 minutes on qualifying, because you had to get to the racing before the moon made another revolution. You had to adapt quickly to the new combos.

Nowadays, if someone sees 3 new races that they don't like, they may stay away from the game for a week, thinking "this game sucks". If someone really likes one of the races, they might spend the whole week farming DR points there. Boring :yuck:

I seriously doubt PD will go back to having 3 new races every day. But changing it to a week went a bit too far.
Even if I really like a race, usually by about Thursday, I'm over it. Too much repetition.

I have a solution where we could meet in the middle, and probably satisfy a lot of people, including Sony and PD.

Monday: New race A combo, lasting for 3 days
Tuesday: New race B combo, lasting for 3 days
Wednesday: New race C combo, lasting for 3 days
Thursday: New race A combo, lasting for 3 days
Repeat in perpetuity...

Every single day, a lot of people will be logging in to see what the new race combo is. I'm sure the people in charge would be glad to have folks signing in more often. They changed the Lap Time Challenge from one every two weeks to a new one every week. Increasing the frequency of daily races would be equally beneficial.

I think it would be good for everybody.

BOOM! Problem solved :D
At the very least I'd run it so:

Race A changes every Monday
Race B changes every Wednesday
Race C changes every Friday

Then you have, at a bare minimum, a couple days until a new race cycles in that you might enjoy.

I think if they do anything 'drastic' that's realistically as far as they'd go, but to be honest with you even more frequent race refreshes won't phase me if it's just "Race Gr.4 here! Race Gr.4 there! Race Gr.3 here!" every few days whilst still ignoring the other 470 cars we have.

I think we are getting bored because there is no variety to the racing.

It's repetitive (like real life for Gr3/4/1) but the weather is always the same the race lengths the same the strategy the same. Once you have done it once you know what to expect and rinse and repeat. With BoP actually appearing to work sort of is now it's even more rinse and repeat.

I think a more radical shake up is needed.

1 weekly feature race that runs every 3 hours for the week (doesn't need to be enduro)

2 races with 2 tracks that random/rotate in them opening up road cars, tuning, etc but on short cycles.

Don't like road cars? GR 3 is in 15 mins etc etc.

Just do something. Please.

Still surprised that I survived yesterday with my B/S rating intact, so I buckled down for some more Race C carnage in the NSX. After a dozen laps, I finally scraped up a sub-1:48 QT, with a 1:47.989.

Race 1: Started P10. Was doing pretty well to Barry Sanders a handful of accidents and gain some places, until a couple of solo incidents at the Chicane of Death left me to finish in P11 (last, after a bunch of DNFs).

Race 2: Started P14. Decided to play it safe and sacrifice a tenth or two through the Chicane of Death to avoid headbutting my wheel. The lead car forgot to pit, so my finish was upgraded to a P7.

Race 3: Started P10. Greeted someone who definitely was not Glen. So much carnage in this race*. Buckled down and took advantage of clean air for a P5.

Race 4: Started P14. Didn't have enough pace to fight for a higher position, but did have a couple of nice scraps with a McLaren. Only managed a P9.

Race 5: Started P10. Wasted too many laps in traffic, and didn't make up enough time once I had free air. Finished P7.

Race 6: Started P7. Another race with a lot of carnage*. Somehow found myself in P3 at the start of Lap 3. Couldn't catch the cars in front of me, but I had a nice back-and-forth with an Italia, who got a nice pass on me going into the hairpin before the Chicane of Death. I got back in front of them a lap later, but couldn't really pull away. Exited the pits ahead of them on the last lap, to hold on for a P3 podium.

*Dramatic Re-enactment:

cars-fast-adn-furious-8-gif.448685

Last edited:
View attachment 1358393997 races done online, I will hopefully break the 1000 tonight. 612 top 5 finishes and 44 wins. Not a great win ratio but as a B/C S rated player its hard 🤣 Love Race B this week 👌
So, that’s what that screen looks like… 😬🤷🏻‍♂️… one of these days I guess.

Still surprised that I survived yesterday with my B/S rating intact, so I buckled down for some more Race C carnage in the NSX. After a dozen laps, I finally scraped up a sub-1:48 QT, with a 1:47.989.

Race 1: Started P10. Was doing pretty well to Barry Sanders a handful of accidents and gain some places, until a couple of solo incidents at the Chicane of Death left me to finish in P11 (last, after a bunch of DNFs).

Race 2: Started P14. Decided to play it safe and sacrifice a tenth or two through the Chicane of Death to avoid headbutting my wheel. The lead car forgot to pit, so my finish was upgraded to a P7.

Race 3: Started P10. Greeted someone who definitely was not Glen. So much carnage in this race*. Buckled down and took advantage of clean air for a P5.

Race 4: Started P14. Didn't have enough pace to fight for a higher position, but did have a couple of nice scraps with a McLaren. Only managed a P9.

Race 5: Started P10. Wasted too many laps in traffic, and didn't make up enough time once I had free air. Finished P7.

Race 6: Started P7. Another race with a lot of carnage*. Somehow found myself in P3 at the start of Lap 3. Couldn't catch the cars in front of me, but I had a nice back-and-forth with an Italia, who got a nice pass on me going into the hairpin before the Chicane of Death. I got back in front of them a lap later, but couldn't really pull away. Exited the pits ahead of them on the last lap, to hold on for a P3 podium.

*Dramatic Re-enactment:

cars-fast-adn-furious-8-gif.448685
It’s a real crap-shoot, if you can make it through the melee until the top of the hill, then it’s all good but that’s not easy. If you qualify top 3 though, you can basically lay down qualifyng laps for quite a while.

In my opinion, it would be really easy to make the daily races more exciting again.

For the first year, or two of GT Sport, all 3 daily races changed every day. It was so great!
Every morning when I turned on the console, There was anticipation of some new great fun to be had.
I doubt anybody spent more than 20 or 30 minutes on qualifying, because you had to get to the racing before the moon made another revolution. You had to adapt quickly to the new combos.

Nowadays, if someone sees 3 new races that they don't like, they may stay away from the game for a week, thinking "this game sucks". If someone really likes one of the races, they might spend the whole week farming DR points there. Boring :yuck:

I seriously doubt PD will go back to having 3 new races every day. But changing it to a week went a bit too far.
Even if I really like a race, usually by about Thursday, I'm over it. Too much repetition.

I have a solution where we could meet in the middle, and probably satisfy a lot of people, including Sony and PD.

Repeat in perpetuity...

Every single day, a lot of people will be logging in to see what the new race combo is. I'm sure the people in charge would be glad to have folks signing in more often. They changed the Lap Time Challenge from one every two weeks to a new one every week. Increasing the frequency of daily races would be equally beneficial.

Agree with everything here.

I will add (I'm sure I have said this before), what is the reason for not having B or C races with classic cars like the GT40 & Ferrari P? Is it relationships/partnerships that dictate these races have to be GR1 to G4?(and lets face it, usually GR3 & GR4).

I don't get it considering the single player hits you over the head repeatedly with car history.

Race A is at its best when it uses cars like the Chapperell fridge etc. Just occasionally have those in a ranked race.

I got my haircut yesterday, so I feel like a weight has been lifted off me. I feel like a new person. I wish I was a pro at the Maggiore tracks. The only layout that I do good with is the Centre one. I gotta try to improve my qualification times in Maggiore, that's just it. I will keep in touch later on, I'm taking a nap. All that racing Friday wore me out, I didn't get any sleep hardly. Good luck guys, happy Sunday!

Been having a lot of fun racing with my American and central/South American compadres this week.

Ignoring the ones @Sum1s2pid was in which never panned out on the most part 🤣

I've moved up to the A/A+ lobbies but this is purely because the numbers aren't there with 14 car grids 🤷‍♂️

The racing is clean but bloody tight as you'd expect. There is only minimal room in most quarters but contact is minimal (in the ones I experienced)

The highlight of the week was my 10 year old daughter walking in as I was trying to full throttle the chicane of death....her advice was "dad, just YEET IT" that made me die as a dad but also a two tyre wall clipping death 🤣 I love it when I get reminded there is more to life and this is just a game.

Only had time for 1 race this week, which just ended a few moments ago! I did spend some time doing lap times but never had the mindset to last 10 laps whilst managing other cars next to me 😂

I started in P7 after setting a 1::2 late last night (also haha @newmedia_dev 😋) and after making sure I get a good and safe exit in T1, I noticed the 3 in front all attempting to get through the tight right-corner ahead, so I prepared for an opportunity and executed the triple overtake to end Sector 1 in P4 😎🥳

Leader and P3 both pitted on the first lap so I was in P2 and my sole target was to be consistent and build a decent gap where I can come out of the pits with as little traffic as possible. Which wasn't easy as P3 and 4 behind and the new leader were very fast but I pitted on Lap 8 and came out a couple of seconds behind P5 and P6. I caught up to them at the start of Lap 10 after they both pitted and I overtook one dude at T1 and the other at the end of Sector 1 as he spun out going in too hot.

It looked like a solid P5 finish but the car ahead slammed into the wall exiting the COD and was just slow enough for me to whizz past and claim P4! He miscalculated his breaking point on the final turn but I saw it coming, kept my line very tight and finished in P4 with a huge smile on my face 😁 I skipped laps 2 - 8 in the below to only show the interesting parts but very pleased with my consistency in those laps as well 😊

1716743026072.jpeg
1716743036685.jpeg

1716743065795.jpeg
1716743075444.jpeg

And that last race has brought my week to an end.

Fun week I raced on all 3 accounts and it was ok.

The one thing it's highlighted to me is that sometimes people don't understand the race.

Many times this week I qt at the sharp end and pit lap one. Catch the back markers who fairly are slow and haven't pitted. We aren't racing people, you are just slowing the pole car down.

I'd make excuses but I don't know if I can. We are racing different strategies and pace people. And no offense but you guys that are at the back and I'm at the front are a bit clumsy.

Was nice to chase @Sum1s2pid to the line. That was fun.

Another week down and I got the better of the death chicane this week.

But my god the amount of people that brake hard enough to get ms davies around it. Two extremes I know but come on forum lurkers. Don't stop and tip toe peeps.

I'm always worried about "famous last words", so let's pretend this is a fictional story told in the first person. 🤞

This is now the 5th week in a row I've been DR A (FYI, all my races are Daily Race B), and I've held steady this week between around 40% to 50% (currently at 52%). Here's what I've discovered, at least from my perspective:

It's no different than what I experienced as a DR B for all these years. Learn the track. Qualify well. Be able to race reasonably close to your QT, although that requirement varies depending on the track and the lobby.

It took me until mid-Wednesday this week to finally understand Lago Maggiore West enough to get a decent QT. I had to take a recording of one of the leaders, and a recording of my best QT, and put them side-by-side in a video editor before I began to understand the nuances of this track. But I was able to do it.

But I wonder:

Is it possible that the overall skill level of the racers has dropped? I mean, I suppose I'm a better driver now than I used to be, but it just makes me wonder...

I'm always worried about "famous last words", so let's pretend this is a fictional story told in the first person. 🤞

This is now the 5th week in a row I've been DR A (FYI, all my races are Daily Race B), and I've held steady this week between around 40% to 50% (currently at 52%). Here's what I've discovered, at least from my perspective:

It's no different than what I experienced as a DR B for all these years. Learn the track. Qualify well. Be able to race reasonably close to your QT, although that requirement varies depending on the track and the lobby.

It took me until mid-Wednesday this week to finally understand Lago Maggiore West enough to get a decent QT. I had to take a recording of one of the leaders, and a recording of my best QT, and put them side-by-side in a video editor before I began to understand the nuances of this track. But I was able to do it.

But I wonder:

Is it possible that the overall skill level of the racers has dropped? I mean, I suppose I'm a better driver now than I used to be, but it just makes me wonder...
My suspicion isn't that standards have dropped (even though the majority wasn't high to begin with) but it's because people found ways to exploit the pen system! Last week or before, Sardegna, people figured out that swiping you into a specific corner or 2 would lead to you getting damage and penalty for hitting the barrier without them getting a pen for hitting you, which I suspect is because the limits and barriers are very close to the actual track, like Tokyo Express.... Push comes to shove, in my opinion, the fault is with PD for not addressing this for many, many months!

Many times this week I qt at the sharp end and pit lap one. Catch the back markers who fairly are slow and haven't pitted. We aren't racing people, you are just slowing the pole car down.
To be fair to back markers it is not like you know who has pitted and who has not most of the time.

There is no indicator on the leader board as to put count.

Shaved a massive 0.050 seconds off of my Race C QT, before hitting a skill wall, and for good measure, a few of the walls on track*.

Race 1: Started P5. Got pushed into the pits at the end of Lap 1 and came out P14. Took advantage of two major kerfuffles in the coming laps to gain quite a few places. Screwed up the last sector on the final lap and lost a place, where I barely finished P5, with someone who was defintely not Glen breathing down my neck.

Race 2: Started P12. Got damaged after a couple cars helped me bang into a wall on first lap, putting me in P16 (last). Had two brainfart solo offs, taking damage. Finished P13.

Race 3: Started P8. After a rocky first few corners, I had a smokey Days of Thunder moment heading into the Chicane of Death on Lap 1, kept my foot down, and gained a couple places. I'm through it, Harry! A Subaru borked the final corner, gifting me P5.

Race 4: Started P7. Scrappy start. Lots of Lap 1 contact with barriers and cars, with me giving and taking damage at the Chicane of Death and the final corner, dropping me down a handful of places. Could only manage P12. Must do better.

Race 5: Started P9. Didn't pay attention to what I was doing on Lap 2, and Kvyat'd a couple of cars at the hairpin before the Chicane of Death. I was P16 (last) after apologizing. Struggled to lap under 1:50.XXX the rest of the race, and finished P15 (last, after a DNF). I didn't do better! I did worse! So much worse!

Race 6: Started P7. Since I was a bit of a menace in Races 4 and 5, I wanted to make an effort to stay out of trouble, and end the day on a positive note. Immediately punted braking into the first chicane with traffic. Fell back to P15 (last). Found some sub-1:50 pace, and after some nice back-and-forth with a Huracan, finished P9.

*Dramatic Re-enactment:

5XvhZSJHr8wOk.webp

Repeat in perpetuity...

My suggestion a while back was to have 7 dailies with a new one every day. They all stay for a week.

OK, do any of you bowl? This is the view from 14th place, I was just ahead of it all in 8th ish
At day 7, apparently we’ve perfected our skills, we are now fitting 10 cars through the chicane. Reminds me of the 50s when they would see how many they could fit in a phone booth… what do ya mean “ what’s a phone booth” 😵‍💫

Have there been any lengthy races like the one a few months back? Finally picked up a Logitech Pro Wheel so will be racing again (life's been crazy). Or are the daily races more of the same?

1716788557074.jpeg

Hello everyone, this is me! I got my haircut on Saturday and I went through hell to get it. There was heavy traffic on I-540. I went grocery shopping on the same day and ran some other errands, and went to the ATM. I haven't done any daily races in a week. I need to get back to doing them. Has anyone got the new list of tracks/races this week? Happy memorial day btw. I wonder what 3 tracks PD chose for this week.

I wish to God I could get some wins but that seems to be a bit much to ask. I hate my autism because it prevents me from performing well in qualifying and in large grid races. Trail braking is a tricky skill to learn for this game, for me it is. There are times where I'll get discouraged in a race or a time trial session. I feel I'm still not where I want to be based on skill levels. Somethign has to change soon, I don't want to have to give up.

Latest Posts

Back