GT7 Fake NASCAR World ChampionshipOpen 

• Thread starter Doomotron
  • 111 comments
We ran an awesome Sprint Cup league on GT5 10+ years ago.
Do you have any more information for that, like a thread? It could be useful to see if there's anything I can magpie from it.

(And yes, I am still working on balancing the cars - another idea I've had is for 'approved builds' where I create the setups for the cars and drivers are free to chose which car they use but they have to keep my setup)

Last edited:
Do you have any more information for that, like a thread? It could be useful to see if there's anything I can magpie from it.

(And yes, I am still working on balancing the cars - another idea I've had is for 'approved builds' where I create the setups for the cars and drivers are free to chose which car they use but they have to keep my setup)

Wow, this is amazing. I feel completely outclassed. However, I think I know what I need to do now.

First of all, I am going to limit power and force ballast to keep cars equal. I may go down the 'approved build' route. I will try to get the cars to lap tracks in around the same time, and I would appreciate the help of our drivers in finding setups. I will also consider branding the races like in that league (name suggestions would be nice!).

I think I can get on in the evening on Saturday for those interested in that test race, I really want to figure out the speed limiters on the speedways before the championship starts.

The thread has been inactive for a while and that's a bad sign.

@GorditoKT @Kermit_2142 @Track_King47 @Canucks_9419 @SPURS3420

The test race will be run this Saturday, with the lobby opening at 9:30pm. It is highly recommended to join as the results of the test race will now give points.

9.30 is too early for me generally but I am already racing at 10pm this Saturday anyway. I will keep tabs on the thread but I don’t expect I’ll be able to many (if any) of these races.

I'm interested in this series but I do have a problem with the huge car pool selection you have available. Did you test to make sure each car is spec'd the same? It'd suck if someone ran away with the series simply because their car was superior. I think it'd be better to have the series have 1 or even 2 at most cars to choose from. (Like the Ford Raptor/Toyota Tundra). There seems to be options for road cars as well as Gr.3 Cars so I can see some serious issues coming up in terms of balance.

I think it'd also be good to have a team point standings along with an individual racer standing. This way it isn't just a free-for-all when racing.

Also, don't forget everyone's favorite nascar track.........................
SSRX!

Last edited:
I'm interested in this series but I do have a problem with the huge car pool selection you have available. Did you test to make sure each car is spec'd the same? It'd suck if someone ran away with the series simply because their car was superior. I think it'd be better to have the series have 1 or even 2 at most cars to choose from. (Like the Ford Raptor/Toyota Tundra). There seems to be options for road cars as well as Gr.3 Cars so I can see some serious issues coming up in terms of balance.

I think it'd also be good to have a team point standings along with an individual racer standing. This way it isn't just a free-for-all when racing.

Also, don't forget everyone's favorite nascar track.........................
SSRX!
There is already a trend with the cars. The normal cars are significantly faster around super speedways, but the Gr.3 road cars are faster on road courses. There will be transmission tuning required for the normal cars to keep the top speed for all of the cars at around 180mph, which is roughly the absolute maximum speed of the Gr.3 (road) cars. I considered team points but I'd only implement it if there were more drivers. And as for Special Stage Route X, this was at one point set to be a race but was replaced by Daytona for multiple reasons.

There is already a trend with the cars. The normal cars are significantly faster around super speedways, but the Gr.3 road cars are faster on road courses. There will be transmission tuning required for the normal cars to keep the top speed for all of the cars at around 180mph, which is roughly the absolute maximum speed of the Gr.3 (road) cars. I considered team points but I'd only implement it if there were more drivers. And as for Special Stage Route X, this was at one point set to be a race but was replaced by Daytona for multiple reasons.
I know nobody turned up last time, but I am willing to hold a race this weekend if anyone is interested.
Assuming work doesn't drag too heavily into the weekend, I'll try to make it.

Only if enough people commit to go. I didn't bother last week because only two people agreed to come, and it's not enough really to do a race series.
I will commit if we get some better car specs finalized.
I think currently there are way too many cars to spec and it'll be near impossible to make them even.
Personally I would try to spec the four cars below then send it.
  • Shelby GT350R '16 (75,000Cr / 576PP)
  • Chevrolet Camaro SS '16 (35,000Cr / 554PP)
  • Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat '15 (76,800Cr / 591PP)
  • Toyota GR Supra RZ '20 (73,000Cr / 546PP)

I will commit if we get some better car specs finalized.
I think currently there are way too many cars to spec and it'll be near impossible to make them even.
Personally I would try to spec the four cars below then send it.
  • Shelby GT350R '16 (75,000Cr / 576PP)
  • Chevrolet Camaro SS '16 (35,000Cr / 554PP)
  • Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat '15 (76,800Cr / 591PP)
  • Toyota GR Supra RZ '20 (73,000Cr / 546PP)
I highly agree with this, especially because the one car per make setup lends itself well to making the race feel like NASCAR.

Back