• Possibly

Votes: 7 7.5%
  • I'm sure this will happen

Votes: 2 2.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Netherlands
Netherlands
Since we learned that Horizon 2 Forbidden West will be a cross gen game between the PS4 and 5, would they do the same with GT7? What do you think?

ps4 support dynamic weather, but graphically would be inferior to PS5 for obvious reasons, no 4k and no Ray tracing and no physics and audio upgrades that PS5 get. So, it's better to stay ps5 exclusive, wait ps5 price to drop and is two birds with a stone, and you enjoy the best game ever made GT7 THE REAL DRIVING SIMULATOR. Can't wait :cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

ps4 support dynamic weather, but graphically would be inferior to PS5 for obvious reasons, no 4k and no Ray tracing and no physics and audio upgrades that PS5 get. So, it's better to stay ps5 exclusive, wait ps5 price to drop and is two birds with a stone, and you enjoy the best game ever made GT7 THE REAL DRIVING SIMULATOR. Can't wait :cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:
GT have always been fun games, but never once has a GT game been “the real driving simulator.” At least not according to anyone who has ever driven any of the race cars in the game on an actual track. Fun games, but they have always been more about car collecting than realism.

It's probably not going to happen, there's some benefit for making GT7 for older gen hardware, but I don't think PD is going to be thinking about those benefits. They're right now focused on refining visuals and improving frame rate.

I honestly think their plate is full with just a GT7 release.

I dont think they could handle a dual generation release, perhaps not simultaneous and their update management on two consoles would be not optimal.

Since we learned that Horizon 2 Forbidden West will be a cross gen game between the PS4 and 5, would they do the same with GT7? What do you think?
Would be a terrible idea. Based on what we saw in the trailer, GT7 would make the PS4 explode.

Would be a terrible idea. Based on what we saw in the trailer, GT7 would make the PS4 explode.
But they could jus downgrade the PS4 version, disable ray tracing, shorten the drawdistance, lower resolutions, but then again a PS4 pro could still make it look okay I guess but the OG PS4 might indeed not be able to play such a game at 60fps, maybe at 30, but what's gran turismo without 60fps?

GT have always been fun games, but never once has a GT game been “the real driving simulator.” At least not according to anyone who has ever driven any of the race cars in the game on an actual track. Fun games, but they have always been more about car collecting than realism.

It's not a true simulator as we know, but it's not even arcade... it's a sim/arcade hybrid with a great career, online, atmosphere, detail, content etc.

I'm praying that it was built from the ground up for PS5, however, I'm having a hard time believing they will leave behind the PS4's huge install base.

Hopefully not. People really want to see PD make the same mistake once again? They already struggling with one game let alone a separate version of it. Let them focus on PS5. It would fix their troubled development cycle and there's a high chance we may get a two GTs next gen if GT7 is coming out around 2021.

I will say this, if I do hear that GT 7 is coming to PS4 as well I don't know how I will react!

Committed myself to a PS5 Pre-Order with all the accessories so if I learn that GT7 is also going to have a PS4 version I might find myself doing an insanity bork or some type of reaction I would not be cool with!

GT7 will only happen on PS4 for the same reason GT6 happened on PS3.

Straight up GREED. Now I dont say that to be mean or hurtful. Greed is good. Sony is a company that seeks to make profit.

If I had the GT5 PS3 CELL drive engine and I know most of it is going to be thrown in the bin when the PS4 hits and I have a potential 75mil consoles to sell to AND this is my last opportunity to sell 5 mil. copies then I'm going hell for leather.... $100 mil plus for GT6 isnt bad.

I dont think there's any way Sony dont look at the 100 mil. plus ps4 consoles out there and go... HOW CAN WE MAKE SOME EASY CASHHH MONEY???

Once they got their fill of PS5 copies of GT7 sold they will then backport it to ps4 and make it fhd60 2k/60 only and make bulk dollars.

It hurts no one. PS5 owners shouldnt be concerned about it really. Does the lion concern itself with the thoughts of the monkeys?

Its a fine balance act. How do we make the GT7 PS5 version push people into upgrading and yet how do we make the PS4 version nice enough for PS4 people to buy a copy and hopefully then buy a PS5 to enjoy it again when they get two jobs!

I'm praying that it was built from the ground up for PS5, however, I'm having a hard time believing they will leave behind the PS4's huge install base.
Of which are 90% will buy a PS5 within a year

I've not come across a single gamer that isn't buying one on release

Excellent avatar!! My favourite band

Last edited by a moderator:
The official Playstation website showing off the list of PS5 games states that GT7 will indeed, be a PS5-only title, so I really think they won't release this for the PS4.

GT7 will only happen on PS4 for the same reason GT6 happened on PS3.

Straight up GREED. Now I dont say that to be mean or hurtful. Greed is good. Sony is a company that seeks to make profit.

If I had the GT5 PS3 CELL drive engine and I know most of it is going to be thrown in the bin when the PS4 hits and I have a potential 75mil consoles to sell to AND this is my last opportunity to sell 5 mil. copies then I'm going hell for leather.... $100 mil plus for GT6 isnt bad.

I dont think there's any way Sony dont look at the 100 mil. plus ps4 consoles out there and go... HOW CAN WE MAKE SOME EASY CASHHH MONEY???

Once they got their fill of PS5 copies of GT7 sold they will then backport it to ps4 and make it fhd60 2k/60 only and make bulk dollars.

It hurts no one. PS5 owners shouldnt be concerned about it really. Does the lion concern itself with the thoughts of the monkeys?

Its a fine balance act. How do we make the GT7 PS5 version push people into upgrading and yet how do we make the PS4 version nice enough for PS4 people to buy a copy and hopefully then buy a PS5 to enjoy it again when they get two jobs!
GT6 released on PS3 because PD didn't have anything far along enough in development to skip that game and they already had it in development. The main reason GT6 came as late into the PS3's life as it did was because of how long it took for them to get GT5 out.

There is no chance GT7 is coming out on PS5 and then PS4 at a later date. There's far more chance it could appear on PC at a later date than on PS4.

They are not the same hardware so they won't provide the same experience. This reason alone is enough imo that it will be PS5 only. Historically we've never had a GT title to be released on two different console generations. We never even got a remaster for GT6 for PS4 and towards the end of life of PS4, we got a title and not even a full one.

Edit: https://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-7-website-update-20200930/ This news concludes that it will be PS5 only. If you visit the website you can see Horizon Forbidden West to be PS5/PS4 while GT7 is PS5 only, not that it can't change later but unlikely.

Last edited:
Unlikely it will be multi-plat. Though I wouldn't really mind if a downgraded-visuals version came to PS4. Would save me 500 USD.

Last edited:
They advertise the game with the new controller and fast loading tracks/cars and so on. I bet it's only for ps5.

I hope it comes as fast as possible.

Back