GT7 - IMSA Championships (WeatherTech, Michelin Pilot, MX-5 Cup)

• Thread starter GTvsForza
  • 31 comments
Hi, you inspired me to create an account and share - just put together an IMSA WSC ‘23 grid complete with a similar Google Sheet copy/pasted from above. Writing to say thanks, but also to ask about custom BoP and track replacements…maybe we can team up/document? I don’t have a Pilot Series grid, personally.

Right now I am running “midpoint” downforce on all Gtd/pro cars and otherwise have kind of fussed around at Daytona based on a .18 power/weight ratio. As my GTP class has a GR010 (Porsche) and some VGTs (Mazda=BMW, Hyundai=Acura, Dodge=Cadillac), balancing has been a little more trial and error-based.

How about Sebring? Considering a handful of track substitutes at the moment..Autopolis, DTG, Yamagiwa, nothing seems quite right. Feel like I want to get that 3-4mi track, long straight, and general flatness. Do I just go Sarthe bc it’s my fantasy championship? :D

Last edited:
Ahh, nice. I landed on Dragon Trail Gardens Reverse (night and rain potential - similarly not quite dark enough) for my Sebring. Was reserving BMB for Indianapolis, myself.

I tacked a few “bonus” rounds onto my championship at Bathurst, Spa, Fuji, and Le Mans so as to allow me to drive once in each car outside of Lmp2/3. Running 5 GTP and 5 of either GTD class, Lmp3 is a lonely twosome.

Doubt I have the patience to pace alongside the real season. May try to run round 2 tomorrow! :)

Might as well spill the beans on what substitutes I'm using:

• BMB for Sebring
  • Tokyo Expressway South for Long Beach (East for Detroit)
  • Sardegna for MoSport
  • Red Bull Short for Lime Rock
  • Deep Forest for Road America
  • Dragon Trail Seaside for VIR
  • Trial Mountain for Indy

Nice picks, I hadn’t really thought hard about all of them hence my lack of response at first. Appreciate you sharing! I’m still noodling with a couple…

Sebring - really enjoyed DTG Reverse, I did a test with rain at night and it gets very dark!

Long Beach - love the Tokyo South pick…I was actually thinking to run the counterclockwise layout, as that added technical section reminds me of early-lap LB. It does make a long track longer, however..

MoSport has me puzzled. I want either Lago West Reverse (similar structure but corners are lower speed) or High Speed Ring (maybe a bit TOO high speed by comparison). At the moment, Sardegna’s slow corners have me questioning it as the ideal replacement.

Lime Rock - I was originally thinking either Sardegna C or Goodwood but I think you’re spot on with Lil RBR…going to copy that for sure!

Road America is another one I want to think more about. I had pegged St. Croix B for its ‘boxiness,’ haha…it’s what I think when I look at Road America from a bird’s eye view. Deep Forest is a very good pick for ‘foresty’ reasons :)

VIR - was thinking Nürb GP? Tempted to do N24, if only we could chop up the beast!

And then I had BMB to spare, thought it was appropriate for Indy for oval/infield reasons

Thanks again for sharing, and for the general inspiration. Good luck in your races! :D

Might change out Dragon Trail for Alsace. I don't know, not many VIR alternatives right now. Maybe in a few months we'll get it.

Sebring i went with dragon trail gardens reverse

Long beach - catalunya national

Motorpark - high speed ring reverse

Lime rock - goodwood

Road america - kyoto yamagiwa reverse

Virginia - trial mountain reverse

Indianapolis - blue moon infield a reverse

Have to throw out the counter-clockwise Tokyo South, just ran some tests. Great track (and a shocking amount of right turns for a lefty!) but there was one part the AI couldn’t take flat out despite it being obviously possible. Also tried Nat’l Catalunya. Not a bad suggestion but I kind of gave up quickly as Tokyo brings the ‘streets’ vibe and Catalunya is hard to keep the car balanced and I am lazy (and driving an MR car) haha. Clockwise it is for me! :)

Update for the Michelin Pilot grid, A. Garcia will be running a different sponsor. So, the videos and Team Standings won't match until after race 3.

I do have most of the races done already, just waiting for the real races to start before I upload them.

APRIL 14
Acura Gran Prix of Tokyo Expressway
WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca 120

Last edited:
Just caught this thread, and figured, given the "Michelin Pilot Challenge" theme, I'd post replay footage of our first ingame Michelin Pilot Challenge Series at Watkins Glen. Aside from the race format being two 30 minute races for us vs 2-4 hour races irl, the cars, specs, liveries, and overall vibe was built based on the real series...my favorite to be honest. Liveries were open to creative freedom, but were required to maintain specified decaling for the series. Hope you all didn't mind the share.
See link in my signature for our series details.

@GTvsForza
Watched your second video of Michelin Pilot Challenge....ha, noticed the Urban Grid Vette looked very familiar...like it. :cheers:

Last edited:
 JUNE 2
Chevrolet Sports Car Classic
Another note, Matos and Wilkins will now be running the TS050. I want to do this so the LMP2's will be more competitive against each other. Most of the time, the GR010 would lap the NISMO LM.

Last edited:
Y'all probably see the changes I made to the thread title and the Standings sheet...

Yep, the MX-5 Cup is coming! I know I'm late in the schedule, but these races are shorter than the others, so they should be uploaded faster. Daytona will be released later this week.

I'm using the Fantasy Brands as sponsors for the cars, with 6 teams of 3. Extra points for however many Laps someone has led.

Last edited:
AUGUST 4-6
IMSA Sportscar Weekend
Deep Forest Raceway 120
MX-5 Cup - Maggiore

Last edited:
AUGUST 25-27
Michelin GT Challenge at Grand Valley
Highway 1 is for Racing Lovers Gran Prix
MX-5 Cup - Laguna Seca

SEPTEMBER 18-22
TireRack.com Battle on the Mountain
IMSA Battle on the Mountain
MX-5 Cup - Watkins Glen

Last edited:
OCT 13-15
Motul Petit Le Mans
Fox Factory 120
MX-5 Cup- Deep Forest

I was going to do the MX-5 races last week, but Forza happened...

I'm going to update the Standings later this week, then I'll be working on the last 2 rounds of the MX-5 Cup.

After that, I'll be starting my next Championship:
The FIA WEC! I have until March before it begins, so I should have enough time to get ready.

Back