GT7, Logitech Pro, Setup Basics and Drift help

• Thread starter LC35
  • 3 comments
United States
United States
Good Day/Evening ya’ll. This is my first post to this site. I’m not sure where this should be posted as it’s somewhat multi-faceted. I bought a PS5 a few months back and GT7, ACC, and WRCG. I decided as well to buy a sim rig and the new Logitech Pro wheel. I dove right in so to speak. I’m enjoying the heck out of the stuff but have hit a wall in some areas.

For GT7, I can not for the life of me control the rear end on a FR car when the tail gets out. Drifting is a big problem for me with rear wheel drive. AWD and rally I can do OK, but I end up swapping ends time and again. I don’t know if it’s all just proper tuning (I am learning that aspect now), settings in game or wheel or some other hidden issue. I am trying to make sure the basics are out of the way first and I would like some feedback on that.

I was unsure of what settings to use for my wheel for GT7 and I found some suggestions in the Sim Hardware section posted by the Logitech Rep. However, these settings don’t seem to feel right.

I’d appreciate it if you can point me to additional sources for the Logitech wheel and maybe a basic car with a good tune for drifting so I can iron things out.

Thanks!

LC35

I bought a PS5 a few months back and GT7, ACC, and WRCG.
Ha! Exactly the combo I bought mate, to a T. :lol: Great choices IMHO.

You could try my current settings that I'm about to ditch to try LogiRich's updated ones:

In-game:
Torque 10
Sens 10
Controller Vibration 40

On wheelbase:
TF Audio 100
Torque 7
Dampener 20
FFB Filter 1

As I said, I'm going to try Rich's updated settings. They're on the Logi site too and differ from those that were up there in November when I first transferred them to my wheel. The settings above were what I ended up with after tweaking but I'm hoping Rich's new ones are better.

HTH mate.

ok, I’ll check it out tomorrow. I turn Dampener to off as it seems to make the wheel feel too numb or slow.
I’m a complete newb to this so I don’t know what I don’t know. lol.

Thanks

No worries mate.

The dampener parameter adds weight / inertia from what I can tell. If you set it too-high it masks the lesser / more-detailed feedback, which is why I had it at 20 instead of the (previously-recommended) 25, if memory serves.

Back