GT7 Multi-class racing

• Thread starter 05XR8
  • 67 comments
I'd love longer races with 3 different classes. Like the LMP, GT1, and GT2 classes at Le Mans of years past.

1000 Miles of Sebring (or 12 Hours of Sebring.....IF the track made it to the game)
6 Hours of Monza
6 Hours of Fuji
8 Hours of Bahrain (again, IF the track made it to the game)
Obviously the longer ones at Daytona, Le Mans, and Nürburgring

And if the track isn't in the game at launch, but is added later, I'd like to see some new races added just for that track. The endurance section in GT4 was cool. I'd like for them to bring that back. And that would be the perfect place for multi-class racing.

With 16 or 20 cars on the grid multiclass racing sounds a bit like a joke for me.
Yeah, you’re right about that. Larger grids was my highest wish for GT7 but alas, seems like we have to keep on waiting for that. :(

With 16 or 20 cars on the grid multiclass racing sounds a bit like a joke for me.
Will agree on this. It's odd to have multiclass racing only to have, say, two to three cars within each class because everyone tried to fit with the 20-limit.

Someone did mod GT Sport into having more cars tho. Complete with proper grid placements. The only downside is the obvious performance drop. I'd love to see it become a fruition in GT7 especially during endurance events because I oddly wanna see every car scattered all throughout the track.

I think we’ll only see 20+ cars in a Mission lie Stage 6/8 in GTS. Maybe, this time, a multi-class at Daytona or Nurburgring 24H layout.

One of the GTS missions, have us players start the Nurb 24H layout and in stages, the time of day changes until completion.

Back in the GT Sport trailer, there was the Audi LMP racing with GT3 cars. That implied multi-class racing. Maybe even replicating WEC. It’s no lie that we can choose different class in one race, but not an even bank of cars in any two classes.
From both trailers, look like the same one car only from different classes. This time, the Supra Gr.4 can be seen in a field of Gr.3 cars at the end of the trailer. Sure, we don’t see the whole field, but this is PD…
You can multi-class race on GT Sport.

Trans American Series 1966-1972
  • Boss 429 ‘69(no sign of a Boss 302, at the moment)
  • Challenger ‘70
  • Super Bee ‘70
  • Mini Cooper S ‘65(as as well get to an Austin Cooper)
  • VW 1200 ‘66(might not be a Super Beetle, but it’s in)
I would also add the Camaro 69 and the Shelby GT 350 to that list...but unforunatly we don't have all that historic TransAm Racing curcuits...

One car, as I’ve mentioned. Not an even split.
What one car? Set car class to none and you can race any class against any class. Just determine the setting for each class and go. I ran a league like this with no issues.

What one car? Set car class to none and you can race any class against any class. Just determine the setting for each class and go. I ran a league like this with no issues.
No man. Not your personal league. Racing AI multi-class. That’s what this is all about. Gran Turismo never had a proper multi-class.

If you’ve played Assetto Corsa, we can assign AI specific cars. If you’ve played Project Cars 2, you can select up to four specific disciplines to race against. It looks like we may finally be getting a multi-class where in Custom Race, we select multi-class and it’s not just one LMP and nineteen Gr.3 cars.

I have spent many hours in custom races I have set up in GTS and I have always wanted the ability to select specific cars the AI will use. Even when racing in a category, there can be one car that simply dominates the field regardless if BOP is used or not. Weeding those out would be nice. .....or selecting specific cars like the vintage Trans Am idea.

Of course, having the ability to have multiple classes in the same race is cool too for obvious reasons.

For sure. Seeing the Groups and PP cars mixed, in some of the State of Play footage, the lines looked to be crossed. Gr.3 and Gr.4 cars also have a PP icon.
D3084C4E-7C47-4EBE-9248-EEDB75BC2B38.png

7C7EAFEC-8677-4296-8316-7A3A87355CA2.png

786A71E1-0F96-4646-9512-C07CE4E73900.png

We’ll have to see how this combines with Tuning parts. The Mustang at top, ha s a lower PP than the Alfa. Mustang at the bottom, looks to have more aero parts. Maybe a rear GT wing and its PP is a little closer to the Alfa. Despite the Mustang having 700BHP, it’s wearing treaded tyres as well. A slick may bump PP up more.

Anyway, being able to tune and having an open grid to customise, changes this game from the past. Welll see now much we can customise, but seeing those LMPs and multiple GTE cars, is a major plus for this game.

For sure. Seeing the Groups and PP cars mixed, in some of the State of Play footage, the lines looked to be crossed. Gr.3 and Gr.4 cars also have a PP icon.
View attachment 1112632
View attachment 1112634
View attachment 1112633

We’ll have to see how this combines with Tuning parts. The Mustang at top, ha s a lower PP than the Alfa. Mustang at the bottom, looks to have more aero parts. Maybe a rear GT wing and its PP is a little closer to the Alfa. Despite the Mustang having 700BHP, it’s wearing treaded tyres as well. A slick may bump PP up more.

Anyway, being able to tune and having an open grid to customise, changes this game from the past. Welll see now much we can customise, but seeing those LMPs and multiple GTE cars, is a major plus for this game.
Yeah the PP on the Alfa is considerably higher than it was in GT6, so it's obviously taking more things into account than ever before. The Mustang is better when it comes to power to weight but definitely worse in terms of overall grip, so the PP is lower. This is a much better way to do it and will hopefully reduce the amount of OP cars that broke open lobbies in GT6.

With a 20 car grid, Super Taikyu is also possible:

ST-X(GT3): RC F, GT-R, R8 LMS Evo, NSX
ST-Z(GT4): Cayman, Supra
ST-TCR: Scirocco, Megane or create an FK8 and Golf to TCR specs
ST-Q: these cars run on alternative fuels(hydrogen, biodiesel, synthetic)
ST-1: Megane Slophy
ST-2: Gr.4 WRX & Evo, GR Yaris
ST-3: Crown, 370Z, Gr.4 G70
ST-4: GR86
ST-5: Demio, Fit, Roadster

Need more detail. Do we choose cars as in Arcade mode or our home garage?

With the home garage you could then pick custom liveries, be able to replicate certain series.

We’ve got the ‘97 GT500 Supra and ‘00 GT500 GT-R. Yet, no GT300 models. Only way to replicate would be to use the Silvia TC(not the correct model year, but that’s all we’ve got so far), 964 & 993(hopefully, both cars with widebody kits) and the ‘97 MR-2(which too, would need a widebody kit).
F7D82F77-7C57-43BC-AE48-77D94CE3F191.jpeg

94DA32F1-A229-45B6-8149-DB0FDF42D380.jpeg

2573FA75-628E-433F-834D-457FC988BBBA.jpeg

53126B4A-2B42-403C-9F3B-F860B16345EC.jpeg

No man. Not your personal league. Racing AI multi-class. That’s what this is all about. Gran Turismo never had a proper multi-class.

If you’ve played Assetto Corsa, we can assign AI specific cars. If you’ve played Project Cars 2, you can select up to four specific disciplines to race against. It looks like we may finally be getting a multi-class where in Custom Race, we select multi-class and it’s not just one LMP and nineteen Gr.3 cars.
Well I do not play the Arcade or Custom races. Maybe once in a while to test

I guess with different PP of the Mazda TC, S15 TC, EK9 TC and SWIFT Sport TC, there’s a small group that fit a mock Super Taikyu series. Mix in the Gr.4 & Gr.3 to fill the grid for 20 car solo play. A Lobby could do four each of the TC cars. That’d be fun.

Okay, thank you to the players that have streamed and gtp members who received the game early, we have proper multi-class racing.

We just need to own the cars we wish to replicate the corresponding race series. Looks like it may change how people by their cars. That's also if, when being gifted cars too.

Okay, thank you to the players that have streamed and gtp members who received the game early, we have proper multi-class racing.

We just need to own the cars we wish to replicate the corresponding race series. Looks like it may change how people by their cars. That's also if, when being gifted cars too.
Wait, you mean to say we can let the AI drive the cars we have in our garage? Is that it?

Wait, you mean to say we can let the AI drive the cars we have in our garage? Is that it?
From gtp member Nanosaibou

In custom races you can.
Edit: Sorry, forgot to mention you can set individual opponents to different cars but you only have the choice of cars you own.

also I just realized I can drive Gr.4 and 3 cars that I dont own in the custom races, Ill try recording some audio some people requested

Edit: well nvm, I can't drive it but the opponent can, I guess that still works for the sake of demoing the sound

We’ve got the ‘97 GT500 Supra and ‘00 GT500 GT-R. Yet, no GT300 models. Only way to replicate would be to use the Silvia TC(not the correct model year, but that’s all we’ve got so far), 964 & 993(hopefully, both cars with widebody kits) and the ‘97 MR-2(which too, would need a widebody kit).
In GT1 and 2 there were racing modifications on street cars that were pretty directly modelled off GT300 cars.

In GT1 and 2 there were racing modifications on street cars that were pretty directly modelled off GT300 cars.
For sure. We had Gt300 cars up til GT6, but not GT Sport. At the moment, doesn't look like we have GT300 cars. We'll see what we get with car updates.

Latest Posts

Back