GT7 needs to remove the PSN membership requirements!

• Thread starter digitalic
  • 11 comments
I was so close in buying a PS5 and getting GT7, but found out that it requires a PSN Membership. This ruined it for me and I really don't know why they made that stupid decision with GT7. I was hoping that in a future update such as the latest Spec II 1.40 update that they would have considered removing it. I don't like the game being dependent on that. Not everyone wants to play online, and I am completely fine with playing the game offline like I did with GT1-6 in the past. Does anyone know they have discussed or have considered doing so?

I was so close in buying a PS5 and getting GT7, but found out that it requires a PSN Membership. This ruined it for me and I really don't know why they made that stupid decision with GT7. I was hoping that in a future update such as the latest Spec II 1.40 update that they would have considered removing it. I don't like the game being dependent on that. Not everyone wants to play online, and I am completely fine with playing the game offline like I did with GT1-6 in the past. Does anyone know they have discussed or have considered doing so?
You can play the singleplayer without PS+ just it requires online for server checks but for multiplayer you are required to have PS+

Last edited:
I heard that even singleplayer is limited. Like you're limited to a limited number of cars you can choose from and others. I watched a few youtube videos of people complaining that the singleplayer mode is extremely limited and that if you want to access most of the features that the game offers then you'll need to sign up for a PSN membership.

I heard that even singleplayer is limited. Like you're limited to a limited number of cars you can choose from and others. I watched a few youtube videos of people complaining that the singleplayer mode is extremely limited and that if you want to access most of the features that the game offers then you'll need to sign up for a PSN membership.
You need to be connected online to fully play single player but you don’t need PS+ for single player.

No , you just need to be online to have a access to the full single player , you only need PS+ for multiplayer races still you can do online time trials without it

Last edited:
As Roberthammer pointed out, you only need PS+ for Sport Mode. The main limitation of Single Player, are the Used Car Dealership and Legend Dealership. Those cars are on rotation for a limited number of days and recycle overtime. Players can toggle cars on their Wishlist and those cars may return sooner in the queue.

If you read the new article by gtplanet about Spec 2.0, there are so much more events and changes to game play. Lots to do from when the game debuted. It’s a good time to buy a PS5 and GT7.

Interesting, what is Sport Mode?

So you guys are telling me if for some reason my internet goes down, I won't be able to play the game? I'm also worried about the future of GT7. What if they no longer support the game. Will that mean I won't be able to play the game? I'd imagine that no game developer will keep their servers running forever and that it'll eventually get taken down, meaning that we won't be able to play the game. Even in single player mode.

Sport mode is basically online multiplayer.
So you guys are telling me if for some reason my internet goes down, I won't be able to play the game?
Yep, the save file is online, so without internet you won’t be able to play.
I'm also worried about the future of GT7. What if they no longer support the game. Will that mean I won't be able to play the game? I'd imagine that no game developer will keep their servers running forever and that it'll eventually get taken down, meaning that we won't be able to play the game. Even in single player mode.
GT Sport is the best clue we have to what will happen when GT7 reaches end of life. You can read about that here:

Ok, to clarify this:

Yes, you need a PSN account and you need to be logged into this account.

No, you don't need PS+ except for multiplayer.

(You can also do the Sport Mode Time Trials without PS+)

Last edited:
Appreciate all the comments. With that being said, you guys changed my mind. I will be buying a PS5 Disc version, not sure if I should wait for the new PS5 Slim, it may have better internal upgrades. But what's the best price you guys have seen for GT7 Disc Edition? I want to own a physical copy of game.

There's GT7 Launch Edition, 25th Anniversary Edition and Standard Edition. What are the differences between all of them and which do you guys recommend?

So you guys are telling me if for some reason my internet goes down, I won't be able to play the game? I'm also worried about the future of GT7. What if they no longer support the game. Will that mean I won't be able to play the game? I'd imagine that no game developer will keep their servers running forever and that it'll eventually get taken down, meaning that we won't be able to play the game. Even in single player mode.
Yes, without internet you wont be able to play the single player mode.

The future will be same as GTS. When the end support comes, and the servers are going to be shut down, a patch will be released and you are going to be able to play the game offline most probably.

I don't think this is going to happen any soon in the up coming 5 years though. No need to worry to much about it.

Last edited:
Appreciate all the comments. With that being said, you guys changed my mind. I will be buying a PS5 Disc version, not sure if I should wait for the new PS5 Slim, it may have better internal upgrades. But what's the best price you guys have seen for GT7 Disc Edition? I want to own a physical copy of game.

There's GT7 Launch Edition, 25th Anniversary Edition and Standard Edition. What are the differences between all of them and which do you guys recommend?
if you can get cheaper "old" fat disc version get that , if not then new slim with disc drive instead

also you should be able to get a cheap GT7 disc from some shop or even used - if you want to know what the 25th edition has read this

Last edited:
Back