GT7 online grid size

• Thread starter Ork4n
  • 43 comments

Are you satisfied with PD´s and Kaz choice of the Grid size being 16 in online lobbies?

• Total voters
People do realise that online servers, are used for a lot more than just straight up racing, right? With that out of the way, could it be related that there are a lot more variables in a normal lobby compared to Sport Mode? For example, in a normal lobby, you had access to your garage, you could setup your car, the host could even change the track or the time of day mid lobby. Way more variables. While in Sport mode, it was just straight to the point. This is the main differences I see between both types of lobby, and might be the reason why normal lobbies are smaller.
Open lobbies are smaller cause they don’t run on dedicated severs.

This is indeed utterly disappointing. It was one of the things I expected to be seriously upgraded for GT7.

If P2P over dedicated servers is the issue here, does that mean that even if the game was released only for PS5 we’d still be limited to 16 player lobbies?
Can anyone shed some more light on my question above?

Honestly, this is by far the most important thing that GT7 should feature. An improved AI doesn’t even come remotely close.

Can anyone shed some more light on my question above?

Honestly, this is by far the most important thing that GT7 should feature. An improved AI doesn’t even come remotely close.
Games like f1 2021 which are also p2p can handle 20 cars at one track. I think there is a limit for p2p. imo Dedicated servers would be to expensive for PD maybe just for Sport Mode or selected online events. The launch is getting closer. If there were bigger grids in GT7, it would already be promoted like "you can do your own 24H le mans Multiclass race"

Games like f1 2021 which are also p2p can handle 20 cars at one track. I think there is a limit for p2p. imo Dedicated servers would be to expensive for PD maybe just for Sport Mode or selected online events. The launch is getting closer. If there were bigger grids in GT7, it would already be promoted like "you can do your own 24H le mans Multiclass race"
The SONY web site says in will support 20 players. The gran-turismo.com web site has no mention of it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220127-084944-047.png
    Screenshot_20220127-084944-047.png
    60.3 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
If this carries over to after the full launch, I'll be a bit happier (notice the grid sizes for all 3 races).....

Ai6CCzF.jpg

Back