GT7 Platinum Trophy Expectations (For Trophy Hunters)

• Thread starter vcx
  • 30 comments

vcx

Turkey
Turkey
VCX35
In this topic please share your ideas and expectations about GT7 Platinum Trophies.

Do you think it will be the hardest of all times? Or much easier than GT Sport and GT6?

If you are a Trophy Hunter please do not hesitate to share your answer here.

Last edited:
I pray that we won't have any online trophies. I don't think I'll ever get Platinum on GTS for this reason, as I don't think I'll ever get those needed wins/poles, not that I mind terribly. I also hope it won't be a complete grind to get to the maximum level since levels seem to be returning in GT7, though I wonder if there were other plans for the exp/level system in GTS that were ultimately scrapped - stuff like additional rewards for the later levels, or a better way to gain exp on the way to level 50.

I would certainly hope that experience/level is, well, more connected to actual experience. Like if you place high in an online race, or better yet, place well (not even at the top, necessarily) in an online championship, then you could get tons of EXP - and credits, for that matter. Like the exp/credits you win could be based off your position in relation to how many entrants were in the race or championship. Generally, more exp/credits could be won for finishing a championship.

Last edited:
I like online trophies and would like to have podiums related trophies and podium tracking stats as well (not that top 5 nonsense). and yeah, they need to rework XP grind. Pure cancer atm.

I like online trophies and would like to have podiums related trophies and podium tracking stats as well (not that top 5 nonsense). and yeah, they need to rework XP grind. Pure cancer atm.
I mean, I do like the idea of a trophy based on wins/poles - especially with how GTS used real-world stats from Formula One drivers like Senna and Schumacher - but not when there's the inclusion of ranked matchmaking, which I do support. (Unlike a certain population of online Call of Duty players...) Perhaps a way to have both ranked matchmaking and a trophy based on wins/poles, there should be "seasons" that begin with a ranking reset, rather than how GTS feels like one massive "season," y'know? And these "seasons" could correspond to each stage of the FIAGTC - or, at the longest, the start of each FIAGTC season - and this would be on top of additional, "side-championships" that may offer more interesting rulesets and regulations.

I believe Pokemon GO's competitive scene does something similar, where there's a ranking reset at the start of every season. Meanwhile, the mainline Pokemon games have a different ranking for each tournament that's hosted online. But I also get the interest in a more "unified" ranking stat, like in GTS, so I'm not 100% sure of what to do, though I do think seasonal resets would be best.

In fact, when viewing one's profile, I'd keep SR as both something that stays between seasons and you can view on a profile, whereas DR would not be listed, as your DR would be reset each season, and instead, you'd see a graphic similar to a trophy case, where you immediately can see a driver's total P1/P2/P3 finishes as well as poles, rather than needing to navigate to a separate menu within their profile. You could even select the icon for each of these four items, and you could get a breakdown of which races they obtained them, complete with information like if it was part of a championship, and if so, where in the championship it was obtained. (E.g. stage 2 round 5, or whatever.)

Last edited:
As long as it's not grind/frustrating trophies like GTS Level 50 and/or GT5 level 40 (especially A-Spec) and the 1000 cars owned trophy, I'm fine with anything else.

I want the game to have that one challenge that will really make you spend loads and loads of time and effort to get gold to get the trophy, like the Vettel Challenges in Gran Turismo 5, I couldn't have asked for anything better than that as grand finale. By far the hardest gaming racing-related event in history.

If I have something to "git gud" like even the Hamilton challenges which IMO were also incredibly hard, among GT games, only the hardest thing were the Vettel challenges (Suzuka namely) then it's good.

I hope we don't have online trophies... Lost my account that had my Platinum GT5 and had to restart the game again... And cannot get Platinum because the servers are shut down. Online trophies for me are pure cancer.
OR make online trophies separated/not required for platinum.

Last edited:
How can anyone give an educated answer to this question?
Jesus Christ, is your sole purpose in these threads just to shoot down others points? How about maybe saying something nice and/or open to interpretation huh?

Anyway, to answer the OPs question at hand, I think the talk of a more expensive campaign mode and all the nods to GT4/5 would lend itself to it being a little harder to achieve that platinum trophy than, say GT6. Although, with the way modern games are going I don't think it will be as grind-y in that respect.

Online trophies, especially in their GT Sport form, are far from fair. In the current system it's very possible that a high A rated driver keeps getting matched with several A+ drivers in every race and thus has very little chance of achieving the required poles and victories, while a low C rated driver may mostly face grids consisting of D drivers and have a noticably higher chance of winning. Not too hard to spot the problem in that.

We have 6 months to go for GT7 and still no info about the trophies. I am really excited and can't waiting :)

The only trophy I still need for GT Sport is the lvl 50 trophy... I'm close to lvl 46, but I heard lvl 50 takes a lot of time :(

I think the difficulty for the GT Sport trophies was fine. The online wins and pole positions are made out to be harder than they are, given that the possibilty of tanking your DR is easily accomplished for whoever cannot get it “normally”. GT5 was way more difficult, with its “Gold Standard” trophy which required you to gold medal every single event in the game, including in particular the Sebastian Vettel X Challenge.

My gripe with GT Sport trophies are that they are too few, a mere 41 compared to 59 for GT5 and 53 for GT6. I just hope that for GT7 they can get a bit creative with creating more trophies with a retained difficulty level. Let’s have 60+, yeah?

Last edited:
vcx
We have 6 months to go for GT7 and still no info about the trophies. I am really excited and can't waiting :)
Because trophies aren’t usually revealed that far away from launch?

Probably something for finishing certain Career stages, licenses, special events, missions etc. There'll definitely be some related to car collection with GT Café. Trophies for 100% completion of cars or races may not be included because there'll doubtlessly be more cars and tracks every month for a while.

A lot of PS exclusive games lately have had very straightforward Platinums with much, much tougher additional trophies for completionists (Spider-Man, TLOUPII, HZD etc), which would suit GT7 well.

Who knows, maybe they could add trophy packs with each returning track, a Gold trophy for the Grand Valley 300km would be nice if the pay still isn't very good 😁.

I honestly hope there are no more online and/or Sport mode trophies, really. But that doesn't mean that there shouldn't be that big of a challenge, no, I want something similar to GT6's trophy list, but with the completionist mentality of GT5 (the Gold Standard trophy).

Yeah, you’re not even halfway there. The curve is brutal.
Well I'm halfway up to lvl 49 now, than one more level, I'm on track, need to do the BMB track about 70 more times (or some more of the Nostalgic Monza race) 😫 well I guess 5 weeks is enough to do that...
And btw, no I can't do the AFK trick, it doesn't work on my PS5 cause it keeps crashing after a few hours.

Last edited:
I would do without online trophies altogether. Any trophy that can't be obtained in a game's late future is unacceptable.

If they have a trophy for maximum level or whatever, then they absolutely need to look at how experience is distributed. Having to do an online race about 100 times to match the payout of an equivalent race against braindead AI just won't cut it. If you are actively racing in the game then you should be getting your due experience, and the progression through the levels should come naturally. Hell, I'd say we should even get some experience for taking photos and making liveries. Not as much as races, of course, but anything to make it feel like the whole game is a means of progression for those with a different focus.

@Kalder, I'm at the same spot, trying to reach 49 right now. I do a couple Super GT races everyday, but the grind is starting to get to me. I hate passing the same cars I'm driving as if they are 2 classes below me. It would be so much more enjoyable if the field started together and they were at the expert AI level from the beginning.

Last edited:
Please no achievements that are best accomplished by grinding some menial task. Like spamming the decal button a thousand times.
Or winning races/poles in Sport Mode. Generally, anything online, really. Except, I suppose, for sharing stuff like a photo to your feed, or something.

Moving on, I'd be very surprised if there wasn't at least one trophy involving the completion of the GT Cafe collections.

Last edited:
vcx
Probably today's playstation event we will get some information about GT7 trophies. I hope:)
Unlikely. They don't publish such data as part of marketing. We'll get the list when it's uploaded to Sony's servers.

I don't mind online trophies for stuff like wins or pole positions, platinum trophy should imply a certain level of mastery of the game and it's systems. I just hope there won't be ones that require excesive grind.
If they have a trophy for maximum level or whatever, then they absolutely need to look at how experience is distributed. Having to do an online race about 100 times to match the payout of an equivalent race against braindead AI just won't cut it.
This so much. It's baffling that an online focused game gives so little exp for online racing.

Last edited:
With the announcement that Sport Mode ratings transfer to GT7, I get the feeling that the trophy list will be less online-centric. Thoughts?

I just hope there isn't too many online grindathon style trophies. I don't mind doing some online races but winning 91 and getting 65 pole positions was half the time pot luck.

Complete x number of races in any position, win 10/20/30 races, complete 10/20 clean races etc is much more doable.

With the announcement that Sport Mode ratings transfer to GT7, I get the feeling that the trophy list will be less online-centric. Thoughts?
Makes logical sense. Unless perhaps they “update” them to Hamilton’s and Räikkönen’s records. :lol:

A lot of PS exclusive games lately have had very straightforward Platinums with much, much tougher additional trophies for completionists (Spider-Man, TLOUPII, HZD etc), which would suit GT7 well.
To add to this, I've seen comment online that PS-affiliated studios are required to have trophies with as much broad appeal as possible. The Last of Us 2 - a survival horror game with stealth and crafting elements - can be platinumed by a blind person, as an extreme example.

I'm extremely proud of my GT5 and GT Sport trophies but given the nature of racing games I see GT7 being slightly rarer than other AAA PS exclusives, but I don't there will be anything especially hard or time consuming. Probably something closer to GT6's list.

Back