GT7 & PSVR2

• Thread starter gtrotary
  • 5,586 comments
I've launched that game 6 times and can't hit the 1st target. I get up in the air and crash every time, almost immediately.

But, it seems really cool
Hmmm for me it wasn't that hard. I am by no means very good at it, but after a few tries you should be able to hold the plane up there.

Are you playing with the PSVR2 controllers or Dual sense ?

I prefer the dual sense, even it may not be as realistic, but I find it easier. I may buy a Hotas at some point though.

My biggest problem is I can only play shorts stints before the motion sickness comes. But its getting better for each session I play. I will recommend this game to anyone who like's sim style games and want to try something else but GT7.

the pop in on the kart races was a real immersion breaker for me, they get 20 feet ahead and you very clearly have a ghost kart with no driver situation

e:
also on the Ultrawings 2 convo: i am a real (former) pilot, ultrawings 2's flight model is actually really good and i was able to do something that i was taught how to do, but if done to completion (thats what she said) would get my certificate yanked in real life

landed the P-51 style plane, with a 90 degree turn on approach, using only throttle/rudder/flaps. did not touch the stick at all. set the plane to level flight way up in the air and did everything with those three controls and it actually worked the same way it does in real life which is incredible.

Last edited:
Hmmm for me it wasn't that hard. I am by no means very good at it, but after a few tries you should be able to hold the plane up there.

Are you playing with the PSVR2 controllers or Dual sense ?

I prefer the dual sense, even it may not be as realistic, but I find it easier. I may buy a Hotas at some point though.

My biggest problem is I can only play shorts stints before the motion sickness comes. But its getting better for each session I play. I will recommend this game to anyone who like's sim style games and want to try something else but GT7.
Almost as soon as I posted the question I felt kind of bad for potentially derailing the thread but it's not like we have hundreds of posts a day in here

I'm using the PS VR2 controllers. I never even thought to use the regular controls

Hi owners of ps vr2, what do you think about VR2 after one year.
  1. Will you buy again your VR2, just for playing GT7.
  2. You play GT7 only in VR or time to time also on the screen.
  3. If you use glasses for reading can you adjust VR2 for your eyes. Not using glasses with VR2.

PS about me.

I am new to GT never played previous titles. GT7 is new for me, playing on PS5 from November last year. At the wheel [logitech g PRO] from January. Amazing game. I play a lot. Not a great driver. DR D SR B most of circuit experience silver few gold. I have excellent setup with real car seat and amazing Dolby’s atmos 5.4.1 speakers. 65“ OLED TV
After reading all about vr2 I am not sure if VR will be better experience than my current setup. And my favorite driving view is normal.

Attachments

• IMG_7090 Medium.png
    IMG_7090 Medium.png
    144.6 KB · Views: 15
  3. If you use glasses for reading can you adjust VR2 for your eyes. Not using glasses with VR2.

PS about me.

I am new to GT never played previous titles. GT7 is new for me, playing on PS5 from November last year. At the wheel [logitech g PRO] from January. Amazing game. I play a lot. Not a great driver. DR D SR B most of circuit experience silver few gold. I have excellent setup with real car seat and amazing Dolby’s atmos 5.4.1 speakers. 65“ OLED TV
After reading all about vr2 I am not sure if VR will be better experience than my current setup. And my favorite driving view is normal.

1. Definitely Yes
2. Sometimes if I want to check something or play for a short time i use controller with flat screen, but mainly it is wheel + vr
3. I use glasses for reading with no problems.

GT7 alone is worth getting PSVR2 an you might be surprised with some other vr gakes there :)

@POWrider62

1. I would buy it again.
2. I only play in VR. I really whish other racing sim games where available. So much looking forward to be able to use the headset on PC and play other games.
3. You can adjust the headset for your eye's. Although ill recommend to get some lens insert, that are adjusted for your eye's and also to protect the headset lenses from scratches.

You have a nice setup, and it will be 10 times more immersive and fun with VR. But you will not magically become a lot better at the game, that will come by playing more and more.

Last edited:
1) i will buy again and only play racing games which support vr.

2) my 72” lg G3 is beautiful. Love the thing. It gives great replays for gt7

3) i use readers and its fine. The focus point is far enough away it doesn’t affect it yet.

1. Yes.
2. Only VR
3. I use glasses for reading and VR looks fine with the usual blurriness, not much difference with or without the glasses. More comfortable without. I'm considering buying the lenses that you can apply to the vr lenses.

The only regret I have about VR is that the brain adapts to it and over time it loses the "awe" feeling and becomes normal, but you get stuck to it because flat feels fake.

Last edited:

PS about me.

I only cared about PSVR2 for GT7, anything else would be a bonus, but there are other games that are great like UltraWings 2, Kayak VR, RE, etc..
Would buy again, it changes GT7 into something completely new and different. It's total immersion. Also PC support may be coming, but who knows what that will entail.

I don't play GT7 in VR all the time but it's the best way, but requires the most effort. Sometimes I play with DualSense Edge on Flat screen, sometimes I play with wheel on flat screen, sometimes Wheel and VR which is the best way.

I had laser eye surgery over 15 years ago to correct nearsightedness, then didn't wear any glasses for years, now I'm getting old and cannot see perfectly clearly close up without reading glasses and VR works perfect for me without glasses. The focal distance is far enough away that I'm using distance vision works is great.

It's not like your big 4K display though, it's not going to be ultra crisp and clear like that, so don't get your hopes up. It's not perfect technology, but once you get used to the VR quirks, it completely transforms GT7 into something different than when playing on a flat screen. There's really no way to describe it, you just have to try it yourself to understand how much different it really is. It's really like you are "in the game". If you can deal with the goggles and all the normal VR issues, it's well worth the cost and the hassle.

if you have the means.gif

PS about me.

1 yes 2 only vr 3 you can buy prescription lenses for psvr2

Last edited:
1. I’d buy it again
2. VR and flat screen, but only while watching/listening to races on my iPad.
3. I wear glasses for reading. The headset fits just fine over them.

Wondering if we’ll see multiple car options to display in Showroom. How much power would be needed to render them.
IMG_3751.jpeg

The only thing i wish is a proper button to center drivers view. I think it’s ridiculous that it’s not added till now ……
And that clearly shows how much pd and sony care about vr players

Last edited:
Played GT7 for the first time last night with the VR headset, my first real VR experience. WOW!!! This is better than I ever expected. It actually seems like you are in the cockpit of a car! What got me the most was the undulations of the road, going up Eau Rouge really is an other-worldly experience. My hands were instinctivly trying to touch things in the car

However, my play time was short. The disassociation between my eyes and my body was giving me strange sensations. Going up Eau Rouge, my body was expecting the compression and decompression in line with what I was seeing. This was causing, what I guess is called, VR motion sickness.

I am hoping this gets better over time

Last edited:
Ral
Played GT7 for the first time last night with the VR headset, my first real VR experience. WOW!!! This is better than I ever expected. It actually seems like you are in the cockpit of a car! What got me the most was the undulations of the road, going up Eau Rouge really is an other-worldly experience. My hands were instinctivly trying to touch things in the car

However, my play time was short. The disassociation between my eyes and my body was giving me strange sensations. Going up Eau Rouge, my body was expecting the compression and decompression in line with what I was seeing. This was causing, what I guess is called, VR motion sickness.

Welcome to the party 😎

All your comments are very familiar to those of us who have already discovered GT7 with PSVR2, as they will be to you when you read others saying the same thing in the future. You will wonder how the 'flat-screen racers' can possibly he happy in their 2D world, but each to their own, and WOW, isn't this exciting; look at that sunset; look at those mountains; look at that driver alongside me; isn't this dashboard sublime; how is this so real?

With regards to the VR motion sickness, most people get this but it usually goes in time. Race for ten minutes only on Day One. Then fifteen on Day Two and so on until you stop getting any queasiness. Don't push it - take your time. Nearly everyone manages to get used to it eventually. This thread is full of helpful advice if you take some time out and read back far enough. And if you wear glasses, do yourself a favour and buy some prescription lens inserts - they are defo worth it.

Ral

That feeling you're trying to avoid is the best part for me. LOL It does get "better" or maybe you just get used to it.

Ral

Welcome to the club!

I finally picked up a PS5 and PSVR2 Friday and been enjoying the whole experience, but let me tell you last night I setup a 20 minute custom race at Tsukuba starting with a drizzle to rain to dry at sunset with the Mark IV Supra… the way your headlights reflect the rain in front of you in the dark… the dancing on loose sports hard tires while cars feel inches away from you… truly amazing!

I completely understand how people say you can’t go back to flat screen after VR and I’ve only had it for 2 days! I’m also glad I got it now because I have almost every car in the game and I don’t have to grind and I can just enjoy the showroom and trying every car/track/race combo I can dream of… also big shoutout to Sophy AI those races are so fun and interesting compared to the regular AI.

I have already ordered some extras for the headset and I use an G29 with a GT Omega Apex, I’ve been using my SkullCandy Crusher EVOs for audio and the added bass is great! All I can say is the investment is worth it 100% and hopefully PD updates some new features within the lifespan of GT7!

When I got my quest 2, I got enough motion sickness I thought I'd wasted my money. I was able to use it for extended periods of time within 2 months of buying it, by doing short stints in the headset and building up vr legs. Today I'm pretty sure I could be recruited by the military to pilot some kind of VR controlled weapon with how naturally I can use it.

I'm convinced not getting VR sickness ever is rare and being unable to overcome it with light practice is also rare. Most people will have to settle that disconnect in their head and some people have less spatial brain practice than others.

The only thing i wish is a proper button to center drivers view. I think it’s ridiculous that it’s not added till now ……
And that clearly shows how much pd and sony care about vr players
You kinda have m8, if you use the button to turn on external cameras...

You take like 1 or 2 seconds to center the view, if you have a monitor or TV in front use it as reference, press once to turn on the cameras center yourself with the TV/Monitor and press again and your playing, you can use it during races and in general, i dont use pause to center the view like most people.

One good adiction was to save the position but every car its diferent and the process its so easy and fast to make that i dont think its that bad or as bad some people try to make it...
Probably most people use the pause method to center themself which in my opinion its a lot wrose and slower.

You kinda have m8, if you use the button to turn on external cameras...

You take like 1 or 2 seconds to center the view, if you have a monitor or TV in front use it as reference, press once to turn on the cameras center yourself with the TV/Monitor and press again and your playing, you can use it during races and in general, i dont use pause to center the view like most people.

One good adiction was to save the position but every car its diferent and the process its so easy and fast to make that i dont think its that bad or as bad some people try to make it...
Probably most people use the pause method to center themself which in my opinion its a lot wrose and slower.
You still will be in the menue when turning off the the cameras. Already tried that method……
Btw. I haven’t got a monitor and to center the view I do a long press on the option button which will open the menue aswell….. so it is that bad.
Every other vr game i own makes use of the option button to center the view without opening a menue, so how hard can it be to implement it?…..

Last edited:

PS about me.

1. Absolutely
2. Only in VR, cant imagine going back to a flat screen.
3. Cant tell because I dont need glasses.

Before VR I used GT7 almost only for sport mode (on a "cheap" rig with a Logitech G923)
After purchasing the PSVR2 (last year on november) I can enjoy A LOT the single player content.
Im a car enthusiast so sometimes, I just pass the time on the VR garage admiring detalis or testing cars that in my life I could buy.
Believe me, its a no-return point and its worth every penny just for GT7 (the only game that I play on VR).
If you can afford it, dont hesitate.

About my personal experience:
Motion sickness:
  • Severe on the first day
  • Tolerable on the second day
  • Nothing on the third day
Sport Mode:
Used bumper cam before VR and I was generally oscillating between a high A and low A+ rank.
On VR the first month its tough. Its like re-learning the physics of the game and you will suffer some lack of confidence.
Couldnt find my pace for some weeks (at least one second slower per lap) and I went to a low A rank and almost jump down to B

At that time, I didnt know if the pace or confidence could return with the time but I didnt care.
I was having such an amazing experience that I didnt care if the cost was to race in lower lobbies.

After 3 months Im really more consistent that before on a flat screen.
I have a solid A+ rank again (oscillating between 15/20% of the bar) and I gained an awareness that I cant put into words.
You sense speed and distance in a way that is impossible to feel in a flat screen

Believe me, you ARE in the car.

I dont have a full year of use (just 4 months) but I hope my experience helps you to make the call and if you do it, please tell us how it went.

Last edited:
Over the last few endurance races I’ve noticed I’m way more consistent in VR, I used to play chase cam and occasionally hood because I have a smaller monitor and cockpit is hard to see the road. With VR I seem to remember so many tiny details from every corner and my braking point/driving line seems more efficient now. I haven’t done much testing before/after so I can’t compare and it could be placebo effect from having everything new, but I genuinely feel sharper when racing the AI with VR. Not to mention, the immersion keeps the race more exciting and time seems to fly by where before I would tend to get a bit bored. Learning something new everyday!

Last edited:
The BVLGARI(BVGT) and R4 are too cool. Love the shift animation in the R4. The sound of the race exhaust snap crackle and pop in my left ear is a nice detail. I want one.

The BVGT is funny. Awesome gauge cluster with a cheap clock in the center of the dash. :lol: The fenders are cool. So are the seats. I find it fun to drive. A better car than the X-Bow, but I love the X-Bow as a manual and the suspension animation. However, I don’t like the overall design in game(ironic I saw a real X-Bow on the street and it is actually an awesome looking car). Anyway a cool VGT from a watch maker.

Back