GT7, the biggest dissapointment.

South Africa
South Africa
Gran Turismo 7, is an extremely anticipated and sought-after game. A game that has created crazy hype and got everyone to easily spend their money to buy it. After playing Gran Turismo Sport, the trailer of GT7 seemed unreal and immensely pleasing.
Gran Turismo excited us with the return of the used car dealership and a long list of modifications that we can do to our cars as well as telling us that there will be over 700 cars to choose from.
But….

Now that the game has been released, we only have 400 cars to choose from, is this just another game that created hype and let us down? Gran Turismo 7 has disappointed us more than any other game, I do not think this game is worth R1500.
For a Playstation 5 game, I still do not have a 360-degree view of my car while driving? For all the time spent in planning and designing, why can I not rotate the camera around my car, I mean, Forza on X Box got this feature for years. Grand Theft Auto and just about any other car game in the world has 360-degree views of our car, how can the latest game on the market, not have this feature?
What is the point of having such a long list of modifications but when I buy a high-end car, I can only change the tires? If I buy a naturally aspirated car, I cannot turbo or supercharge it, why? If I buy a naturally aspirated car, I want to turbocharge it, that is what modifications are all about, to reach new heights and find new limits.
When we play a game like Gran Turismo, we want to experience some fun road cars, some good sports cars not only extreme track-built cars. How can a racing game not have 80% of the sports cars we see on the road, but it was has a 16 horsepower Fiat 500? No one is willing to play with 16 horsepower cars. When I purchased Gran Turismo 7, I expected to see a whole lot of fun cars that I can play around with and race other cars that I will find on the road as well. There is a craze all over the world about the Audi RS3 and Gran Turismo 7 did not even put that car in the game. Not that I am a huge Audi fan but I used the Audi RS3 to put you in to perspective. It is a car that makes news everywhere you go but Gran Turismo did not include it in their game. I am a BMW fan and I expected to see a BMW F90 M5 or even a BMW F10 M5. Gran Turismo gave us a BMW M4 but it’s not even an LCi. The fact that Gran Turismo could put in a 2023 Nissan tells us that they can put any car in the game with no excuses because they putting in cars from the future. Gran Turismo 7 has the exact same cars no body enjoyed, from Gran Turismo sport. We did not get much more cars like we all expected. We still have the 2014 Golf 7 GTi and old Scirroco from Gran Turismo sport?? How are there no upgrades in Volkswagen? There are so many better VW’s out now, Like the Golf 7 GTi Clubsport, the Golf 7 R, the golf 8 GTi. Even the BMW collection is quite sad. The new M3 has hit the market big and Gran Turismo featured none of those cars. Even the BMW 340i is such an iconic car in the racing industry but we don’t have it in the game. Something else that does not make sense in the game is the invitation required to purchase a certain car. When I started the playing Gran Turismo 7, I received an invite to buy the high end Ferrari’s such as the Laferrari and so on but what is the point when I cannot afford any of those cars? Whereas, now I can afford the car but the invite no longer exists and I cannot buy the car. Why can’t we just have the purchase like how it used to be for many years, where when we have the money, we can just buy a car?!

After the recent update, the pay for some races has been cut, for what reason, nobody knows. There was no need to cut our pay for the races that we do. On the topic of the races, why are all the races rolling starts? It makes the game unfair in a sense where the top three racers are already 20% through the track when we are starting. If we could all start from the grid, it will be much appreciated. Then we do not need to do 5 lap races. The races feel too long and repetitive. If we could all start from the grid, we could have less laps to cover.
Another topic that leaves us annoyed is all this people that want to talk to us like we are children. What is the point of Luca? He is the most frustrating thing in the game. We are adults who know how to select a race and play a game, we don’t need someone to tell us what to do. For years, Gran Turismo has just set out our races and let us play, that was the best times. Now, after three races, we must talk to Luca and then race again, repeat. Please Gran Turismo, we do not like this, nobody needs this, let us play just like how we used to. Gran Turismo 5 was the best game you ever made, after that, it was just downhill. We really expected GT7 to be huge come back after GT Sport but yet again, you let us down. We never expected it. We don’t even look forward to playing this game. The used car dealership is not even exciting, like it was in GT5. We do not have any rare cars there, in GT5 we had cars in the used car dealership that was not in the main dealership. Now it’s all the same cars everywhere and the prices are not even a big difference. For just 20 000 credits, I can go buy the new car from brand central.
Please come to the party team Gran Turismo. Give us more cars, nobody likes playing around with their friends using track built cars with huge body kits and funny stickers all over the car. We want general road sports cars and super car killers like the BMW M5, the Mercedes E63s or even an Audi RS6. We want more cars to have fun with, we want more cars that we drive in real life.
It’s actually sad to say that Gran Turismo has let the racing community down! This game was not worth half the price we paid, nor was it worth the wait and excitement.

By any chance, can we get this message through to the GT team? Users are extremely disappointed. The least they could do is add cars and give us a 360-degree view while playing.

Back