GT7 Tuning Calculator - Download V2.01 with Dyno plot built in!

I have developed a tuning calculator for gt7, spring rate, dampers, gear ratios, dyno plotting and LSD setup are all automatically calculated. If you would like to download a copy please see bottom of this post Or in my signature.
Any questions are welcome. Please note all updates to this calculator are part of your initial purchase. Remember to sign up with your email to receive the latest updates when they are released. If we get enough supporters this will eventually migrate to an iOS and android app.

And for anyone interested in the equations: it takes into account suspension travel, force applied under load, lever ratio and without giving away too much the following formula is applied; K = Spring Rate in N/m.
1/2piSqrt(K/M)
It works on a table of every car in GT7 so that when a car is selected, the drivetrain type automatically is picked up for the un sprung weight calculation.

Give the free trial a go on the website, it’s obviously only part of the full downloadable premium version but it gives you a feel for it.

GT7 Tuning Calculator V2 02 User Guide

Now on V2.04 Expert and V2.02 Lite
www.gt7tuningcalculator.co.uk

Can you apply a setting for drag racing?

Hi @hookedonturbo and firstly thanks for all your hard work with this, I haven't tried it yet. But, it looks like it will save an enormous amount of time with setups (I'm a complete rookie with setups and Excel lol) so I purchased the expert version but a quick question I see the lite version is included with the expert purchase but as there is a download limit of 1 how do I get the lite version on my mobile?
Hope this isn't too much of a silly question 😊

The lite version is best when uploaded to OneDrive. You can then open it on any device from there.
Really nice tool, a friend showed me and im in love with it.

On the one hand we noticed something strange, on the other hand I have a small request ☺️

So first...
We inserted the dyno, traced the torque, entered kg, kW, front weight and Nm and the transmission was done.
Then we noticed that you can select and enter Newton meters under "Torque Unit", but this setting is not applied to Chart 10 "Torque & Power". The unit there always stays on ftlb. The same with "Power Units".
If kW is selected, Chart 10 will continue to show "BHP" as the unit.

Do you convert directly from Nm (or kgfm) to ftlb under "Torque - X - Y - Torque ftlb" at the bottom?
It doesn't make any sense to us at all.
Input in kW/Nm, graphic evaluation/display in BHP/ftlb.

Similar to "Speed Units". Input in km/h, but output in Chart 3 and Chart 11 in mp/h.

Therefore we convert everything from kW/Nm/kmh to ftlb/hp and mph 😅 Don't think we're doing anything wrong there.

And second:
Is it possible to pay with bank transfer or payment in advance? I dont have any shown methods, not even Paypal 😑 But id like to get my own chart as well as newest updates. My location is Germany, so let me now 😊

Really nice tool, a friend showed me and im in love with it.

On the one hand we noticed something strange, on the other hand I have a small request ☺️

So first...
We inserted the dyno, traced the torque, entered kg, kW, front weight and Nm and the transmission was done.
Then we noticed that you can select and enter Newton meters under "Torque Unit", but this setting is not applied to Chart 10 "Torque & Power". The unit there always stays on ftlb. The same with "Power Units".
If kW is selected, Chart 10 will continue to show "BHP" as the unit.

Do you convert directly from Nm (or kgfm) to ftlb under "Torque - X - Y - Torque ftlb" at the bottom?
It doesn't make any sense to us at all.
Input in kW/Nm, graphic evaluation/display in BHP/ftlb.

Similar to "Speed Units". Input in km/h, but output in Chart 3 and Chart 11 in mp/h.

Therefore we convert everything from kW/Nm/kmh to ftlb/hp and mph 😅 Don't think we're doing anything wrong there.

And second:
Is it possible to pay with bank transfer or payment in advance? I dont have any shown methods, not even Paypal 😑 But id like to get my own chart as well as newest updates. My location is Germany, so let me now 😊
Hello,

Graphs will always stay at hp and ftlb and mph because I cannot add conditional formatting to the axis. It just one of the limitations of excel that I have not found a workaround for yet.

As for payment methods can you not use your friends PayPal or card and give him the money. I do not take direct payment or bank transfer I’m afraid.

Last edited:
Hello,

Graphs will always stay at hp and ftlb and mph because I cannot add conditional formatting to the axis. It just one of the limitations of excel that I have not found a workaround for yet.

As for payment methods can you not use your friends PayPal or card and give him the money. I do not take direct payment or bank transfer I’m afraid.

Thx for your quick reply. Ok i understand.... too many Buttheads outside 😄 So i have to ask somebody.

I already thought that it was complicated with the different units. I have to convert. Anyway, thanks for your work

@hookedonturbo One other thing I'm not the greatest on the pc and a total noob on Excel, I've been watching your youtube video and trying to copy everything your doing but now I'm stuck I have taken the screenshot of the Output adjustment from the PS5 and uploaded to my PC via one drive but when I right click on the image it doesn't give me the option to change picture
PXL_20230625_095053339.jpg

Last edited:
@hookedonturbo One other thing I'm not the greatest on the pc and a total noob on Excel, I've been watching your youtube video and trying to copy everything your doing but now I'm stuck I have taken the screenshot of the Output adjustment from the PS5 and uploaded to my PC via one drive but when I right click on the image it doesn't give me the option to change picture View attachment 1267876

You need to right click on the graph thats already in excel…

I am implementing a launch/drag option which will help with grid starts/drag racing. Not a full on drag suspension setup but gearing will be calculated for standing starts.

Last edited:
Full height, no spoiler, no front lip, 0 Camber, 0 offset, small wheels, test gearing for minimal shifts, full nos and be nossing before the green.

Your car has to squat at launch and don't be scared from a false start.

I hold 8.8 with R32 without swap or ultimate parts

Full height, no spoiler, no front lip, 0 Camber, 0 offset, small wheels, test gearing for minimal shifts, full nos and be nossing before the green.

Your car has to squat at launch and don't be scared from a false start.

I hold 8.8 with R32 without swap or ultimate parts
Where do you test this?

I take it you use the rolling stone mission?
I want to properly test 1/4 mile times

I was racking my brain as to how I was going to work out each vehicles maximum acceleration for the Tractive force needed to launch.

Then realised the settings sheet actually tells you the 0 - 0.25 mile and 0 - 1000 m times

Last edited:
I want to properly test 1/4 mile times

I was racking my brain as to how I was going to work out each vehicles maximum acceleration for the Tractive force needed to launch.

Then realised the settings sheet actually tells you the 0 - 0.25 mile and 0 - 1000 m times
Yes, but that's only with the original settings from the installed parts, the moment you change something those numbers don't get updated anymore.

The only thing I can think of is to remote play on your pc combined with Nenkai's telemetry software. You could try to log everything yourself and let a script handle the start procedure so there is no reaction time delay.

Last edited:
Yes, but that's only with the original settings from the installed parts, the moment you change something those numbers don't get updated anymore.

The only thing I can think off is to remote play on your pc combined with Nenkai's telemetry software. You could try to log everything yourself and let a script handle the start procedure so there is no reaction time delay.

Damn. Yes of course it is.

Okay, so after some testing with various cars and tracks and settings I have made a discovery. The gearing for launching from a standing start is better off like we already have it, rather than trying to limit wheel spin with a longer ratio. You just need to use the ratios that the calculator spits out now and balance the throttle to limit wheel spin.

I’m sad because I thought this was going to be another cool addition to the features but sadly it’s just pointless.

For now I’m concentrating my effort in getting the new app going and beginning the process of advertisement so that we can really make this thing fly!

@hookedonturbo One other thing I'm not the greatest on the pc and a total noob on Excel, I've been watching your youtube video and trying to copy everything your doing but now I'm stuck I have taken the screenshot of the Output adjustment from the PS5 and uploaded to my PC via one drive but when I right click on the image it doesn't give me the option to change picture View attachment 1267876
I think you might have to click on change small media settings if this screenshot is from within your version of Excel

July 3rd Edit: The downloadable app version is coming soon! Been 4 months since this first started as a spring calc, now we have a fully fledged app coming!!!

Back in March;
I have developed a tuning calculator for gt7, spring rate, dampers, gear ratios, dyno plotting and LSD setup are all automatically calculated. If you would like to download a copy please see bottom of this post Or in my signature.
Any questions are welcome. Please note all updates to this calculator are part of your initial purchase. Remember to sign up with your email to receive the latest updates when they are released. If we get enough supporters this will eventually migrate to an iOS and android app.

And for anyone interested in the equations: it takes into account suspension travel, force applied under load, lever ratio and without giving away too much the following formula is applied; K = Spring Rate in N/m.
1/2piSqrt(K/M)
It works on a table of every car in GT7 so that when a car is selected, the drivetrain type automatically is picked up for the un sprung weight calculation.

Give the free trial a go on the website, it’s obviously only part of the full downloadable premium version but it gives you a feel for it.

GT7 Tuning Calculator V2 02 User Guide

Now on V2.04 Expert and V2.02 Lite

I bought the lite version the other day. It makes the game more interesting and fun to use. Will new cars be added to the roster? I tried looking for the 2004 Subaru STI and I could not find it.

Back