GT7 Tuning Calculator - Download V2.01 with Dyno plot built in!

I have made a tweak, basically the calculation for the increase I had put in the wrong place...

Should be better now, uploading revision.

Found another small bug, happens every time I add new cars. for got to extend the search for the extra few cars added. New revision being uploaded now.

Hey. I love the tuning calculator — I use it all the time and have for months. But I only have access to the free online Excel, where I do all my...calculating. But I don't get the full Expert functionality, and I want to be able to utilize it.
I've been able to open the Expert file in some free Excel alternatives, but never with the full functionality or macros. Is there any way for me to access those features without the full desktop Excel?

Also, I have many versions of the calculator saved for individual cars, and I'm wondering if the new update is functionally any different than 2.09, or does it just have the new cars and nothing more?

Thank you! :)

Hey. I love the tuning calculator — I use it all the time and have for months. But I only have access to the free online Excel, where I do all my...calculating. But I don't get the full Expert functionality, and I want to be able to utilize it.
I've been able to open the Expert file in some free Excel alternatives, but never with the full functionality or macros. Is there any way for me to access those features without the full desktop Excel?

Also, I have many versions of the calculator saved for individual cars, and I'm wondering if the new update is functionally any different than 2.09, or does it just have the new cars and nothing more?

Thank you! :)

The only programme that can handle the macros and Visual Basic Programming is Excel I’m afraid, when the app is released you’ll be good to go.

Excel is not that expensive is it?

The latest update does have some tweaks in terms of damping for the lite version.

Apologies, just corrected another bug that was throwing up an error when the macros ran the calculate button. All corrected now

The only programme that can handle the macros and Visual Basic Programming is Excel I’m afraid, when the app is released you’ll be good to go.

Excel is not that expensive is it?

The latest update does have some tweaks in terms of damping for the lite version.
Yeah, I caught how the damping values were all 5 higher on the one car I've compared so far. But also the diff and gearing slightly too, no?

Yeah, I caught how the damping values were all 5 higher on the one car I've compared so far. But also the diff and gearing slightly too, no?

Yes you may be right I changed the wheel sizing slightly to reflect more accurate top speed.

Last one I promise. Lol

Lite version was not showing the last few cars in the list with search off.
Unfortunately, seems the lite version is still bugged. While the last few cars (from WRX STI Isle of Man onwards) are now in the drop down and are selectable, they're all erroring out both in desktop Excel and the web version:

1692166217442.png

July 3rd Edit: The downloadable app version is coming soon! Been 4 months since this first started as a spring calc, now we have a fully fledged app coming!!!

Back in March;
I have developed a tuning calculator for gt7, spring rate, dampers, gear ratios, dyno plotting and LSD setup are all automatically calculated. If you would like to download a copy please see bottom of this post Or in my signature.
Any questions are welcome. Please note all updates to this calculator are part of your initial purchase. Remember to sign up with your email to receive the latest updates when they are released. If we get enough supporters this will eventually migrate to an iOS and android app.

And for anyone interested in the equations: it takes into account suspension travel, force applied under load, lever ratio and without giving away too much the following formula is applied; K = Spring Rate in N/m.
1/2piSqrt(K/M)
It works on a table of every car in GT7 so that when a car is selected, the drivetrain type automatically is picked up for the un sprung weight calculation.

Give the free trial a go on the website, it’s obviously only part of the full downloadable premium version but it gives you a feel for it.

GT7 Tuning Calculator V2 02 User Guide

Now on V2.04 Expert and V2.02 Lite
www.gt7tuningcalculator.co.uk

Wow! I’ve always been a relatively fast driver, but completely ignorant to tuning, and hadn’t the first clue where to start. After 15 minutes of using this on my phone, I was able to set a PB in the 02 Viper GTS at the Nurburgring! Thanks!

Wow! I’ve always been a relatively fast driver, but completely ignorant to tuning, and hadn’t the first clue where to start. After 15 minutes of using this on my phone, I was able to set a PB in the 02 Viper GTS at the Nurburgring! Thanks!

Hey man!
Thank you! that is one hell of a review! I would love to see the replay in bumper cam, can you send me a copy please?

I’m so glad it helped!

The Viper is a great car when it setup correctly!

Has anyone had any issues with the lite version on an android device? Had an email from someone saying that the z4 gt3 showing errors?

Could they be running the previous-to-last version with the bugged cars?

I recall the Z4 was the car loaded in the calculator by default and was showing errors.

Hello hookedonturbo.

I have a problem in the version V2.42 expert.
When i click the calculate button, the "macro" stops at cell C75 (i guess).
Even when i didnt change anything in the original. Only click claculate = "error"
Until now i never had problems. The latets version i used was 2.09. And there the same car, powerpicture etc (like below) works well. Is there something that i made wrong in the new version?
1692299002642.png

1692299065508.png

1692299133077.png

PS.: In the version 2.4 i had the problem that the cell C75 was write protected. And i didnt changed anything.
Just open, click calculate = error. But maybe this is already "fixed".

Thank you for your effort.

Attachments

• 1692299565271.png
    1692299565271.png
    7 KB · Views: 17
Hello hookedonturbo.

I have a problem in the version V2.42 expert.
When i click the calculate button, the "macro" stops at cell C75 (i guess).
Even when i didnt change anything in the original. Only click claculate = "error"
Until now i never had problems. The latets version i used was 2.09. And there the same car, powerpicture etc (like below) works well. Is there something that i made wrong in the new version?
View attachment 1280895
View attachment 1280896
View attachment 1280897

PS.: In the version 2.4 i had the problem that the cell C75 was write protected. And i didnt changed anything.
Just open, click calculate = error. But maybe this is already "fixed".

Thank you for your effort.

Hello mate,

First I think you may have the wrong value in RPM @ Max Power. From the graph I would have said it’s more like 10500/11000, not 6100. Check this in the garage stats.

Try that and then come back to me.

Thanks for the fast response.
V2.42: It is the same with cell C20 handfilled to 10500.

In version 2.09 cell C20 was calculated. Even if i type in cell C18 and C19 nonsens. Is this different in V2.42 now?
1692301642874.png

Thank you in advance

Thanks for the fast response.
V2.42: It is the same with cell C20 handfilled to 10500.

In version 2.09 cell C20 was calculated. Even if i type in cell C18 and C19 nonsens. Is this different in V2.42 now?
View attachment 1280917
Thank you in advance

Hello,

Yes, v2.42 c20 is not automatically input. This is now changed to cell C75.

Is it still not calculating properly?

Hello,

Yes, v2.42 c20 is not automatically input. This is now changed to cell C75.

Is it still not calculating properly?

Hi mates, I can report the same problem I think. Im using the expert version too and nearly every time
the calculated gears are very much off where they should be.
Maybe something to do, cause we are using units like "kW" "Nm" and "km/h"?

Hi mates, I can report the same problem I think. Im using the expert version too and nearly every time

Ahh okay, I’m taking a look today.

How is this now is it working ok for you?

How is this now is it working ok for you?
So after few tests, we have 50/50 success rate with the calculations. Strange!
Im wondering why its calculating different results with the same car & input of tuning values... First I had a gear calculation that made sense and after some fine tuning (just added 10km/h more highspeed to it), the result was very far off.
I used the McLaren F1 GTR - BMW '95 for that.

But its working better than few days ago, thanks for that mate :)

So after few tests, we have 50/50 success rate with the calculations. Strange!
Im wondering why its calculating different results with the same car & input of tuning values... First I had a gear calculation that made sense and after some fine tuning (just added 10km/h more highspeed to it), the result was very far off.
I used the McLaren F1 GTR - BMW '95 for that.

But its working better than few days ago, thanks for that mate :)
So I think its just very sensitive with changing min corner speed 1st gear & topspeed on longest straight... cause after more testing I came closer to where the gears should be and even logically just can be.

So I think its just very sensitive with changing min corner speed 1st gear & topspeed on longest straight... cause after more testing I came closer to where the gears should be and even logically just can be.

Hi Elu,

Can you please explain in more detail what you mean by where the gears should be? Some screen shots might help.

Thanks

Phil

I think I know what he means... I finally got around to using the latest version, and i remember an option that allows you to change the spacing between the gears where it starts at like 76 to 80 percent. This of course is on longer there, but when you hit calculate.... (for me in the STI '04) the value for first gear I could not get to, 2nd was a little long and all the rest were perfect.. So I think he just means the part about the gearing looking strange

Latest Posts

Back