GT7 Tuning Calculator - Download v3.3 all new cars added!!

With the ratios, what version are you using lite or expert? Some screen shots of your issue will help me to understand how to assist.

Ride height is car and track specific, every car/track has a sweet spot. Race cars generally can be lowered maximum for flat and fast tracks, road cars would need around 10-20mm above min. I like to add a little rake (5-15mm) on most cars for added turn in and rotation.

I have the expert V3.0. I noticed with the SR3 Radical. I could setup everything besides the first gear. It showed me 1.4xx and the minimum was 2.122

I have the expert V3.0. I noticed with the SR3 Radical. I could setup everything besides the first gear. It showed me 1.4xx and the minimum was 2.122
That’s where you have to switch to user input for the final drive, lower the final drive figure to bring the gears into range foe that vehicle, just watch the minimum speed input you use as well this will change the lowest gear to have full torque at that speed for maximum exit power.

Last edited:
I just bought the expert version, and I have problems with the adjustment of the gearbox, in both versions. I think the problem comes when I set the final speed to kmh (I use the metric system). By setting the maximum speed that I want it to reach, it generates a very open gear ratio. I try to explain myself, I mark in the excel that I want the speed in kmh and I put 190kmh. When I see the ratios in GT7 it shows me that the maximum speed is almost double. as if the kmh/mph selection box did not work. Configuring the relationship with the dyno is very complicated. I wish it were simpler sorry for my english from google translator

I just bought the expert version, and I have problems with the adjustment of the gearbox, in both versions. I think the problem comes when I set the final speed to kmh (I use the metric system). By setting the maximum speed that I want it to reach, it generates a very open gear ratio. I try to explain myself, I mark in the excel that I want the speed in kmh and I put 190kmh. When I see the ratios in GT7 it shows me that the maximum speed is almost double. as if the kmh/mph selection box did not work. Configuring the relationship with the dyno is very complicated. I wish it were simpler sorry for my english from google translator
Hi Charlie,

Can you send some screenshots of the inputs you have put into the calculator so I can see.

Hi Charlie,

Can you send some screenshots of the inputs you have put into the calculator so I can see.
IMG_20231207_172751.jpgIMG_20231207_172803.jpgIMG_20231207_172825.jpg
I hope the photos are useful to you.
What I do to see if they work for me is to make the conversion from kmh to mph with the calculator and put that amount in the box.
Although I don't quite like how the box tunes to the last gear.
I hope my feedback is constructive.

View attachment 1309652View attachment 1309653View attachment 1309654
I hope the photos are useful to you.
What I do to see if they work for me is to make the conversion from kmh to mph with the calculator and put that amount in the box.
Although I don't quite like how the box tunes to the last gear.
I hope my feedback is constructive.
Ok. I see the problem. You need to use the tyre size calculator which is a different tab at the bottom of excel. That will give you the correct figure for the tyre size. Only then will the top speed and gearing work correctly… let me know how you get on and if you need any more help.

Hi Charlie,

Did you get this fixed?
Sorry, I can't connect as often as I would like. With this car (nissan gtr gr4) it has improved.
With other cars (e190, Mazda roadster) and the lite version I still have some problems. I use the first tab well, and I put it in the calculator, but it doesn't go well, when I have time I'll explain it to you, even in private.

I have a problem with the gearbox and the setting.
It is the BMW Z4 GT3 '11.
The correct tire size is a mystery to me. Are the settings in picture 1 correct? And when do I set the tire size that is specified in the tire store (for the BMW 18 inch)?

And where can I find the values for the user input? See picture 2

I also have the problem that the tires wear out very quickly.
We race with tire wear = 5 and mine only last 4 laps on the Kioto Drivengpark. I don't think it's normal for the RS tires to be worn out after 9 minutes.

Can anyone help?

Attachments

• Pic 1 .JPG
    Pic 1 .JPG
    38.5 KB · Views: 13
  • Pic 2.JPG
    Pic 2.JPG
    12.7 KB · Views: 14
  • Pic 3.JPG
    Pic 3.JPG
    116.1 KB · Views: 13
I have a problem with the gearbox and the setting.
It is the BMW Z4 GT3 '11.
The correct tire size is a mystery to me. Are the settings in picture 1 correct? And when do I set the tire size that is specified in the tire store (for the BMW 18 inch)?

And where can I find the values for the user input? See picture 2

I also have the problem that the tires wear out very quickly.
We race with tire wear = 5 and mine only last 4 laps on the Kioto Drivengpark. I don't think it's normal for the RS tires to be worn out after 9 minutes.

Can anyone help?
You don’t need to put anything in user input unless you want to specify your own final drive or gearing.

Tyre wear is all about your driving style, as well it all depends on the track lot of corners lots of tyre wear…

We drive Group 3 races and my tires always wear out much faster. I drive a very round, soft
line. Others are much more aggressive in their style.
So it can't be down to the setting?
If I want to enter my own values (previous post, picture 2)... Where can I find them?

Thank you very much!

We drive Group 3 races and my tires always wear out much faster. I drive a very round, soft
line. Others are much more aggressive in their style.
So it can't be down to the setting?
If I want to enter my own values (previous post, picture 2)... Where can I find them?

Thank you very much!
Your tyres wear out faster than other drivers with the same car? It might some settings possibly… Is it even or uneven wear?

You don’t find the values. They are your choice. You might want to lower the final drive to get higher gear figures. So then you put user input final drive…

Attachments

• Gran Turismo™ 7_20231209111714.jpg
    Gran Turismo™ 7_20231209111714.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 17
  • Gran Turismo™ 7_20231209111540.jpg
    Gran Turismo™ 7_20231209111540.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 18
  • Gran Turismo™ 7_20231209111506.jpg
    Gran Turismo™ 7_20231209111506.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 17
@Heil I tested the setup that the calculator produced for 5 laps approx 10 mins. Tyre wear was quite heavy. Held of the right hand side gone. I would suggest lowering the spring frequency and slightly less camber, maybe also trying to shift ballast slightly to reduce oversteer a fraction. Your gearing is way different from the calculator. The figure of 270kmh you put in is too low, you need at least 285kmh to get the most out of the power in the back straight… I will test again later with some tweaked settings.

@Heil I’ve tested many different settings and tyre wear is all similar, the only option I can see is to reduce the weight. Which should reduce tyre wear…

Thank you very much for your time and effort!
No problem, I think it will be faster with less weight and bit less power as well. What sort of lap times are you getting at the moment??

@Heil

Try this with low weight, I managed 8 laps in a lobby with lap times of 2:02 average, fastest was on 6th lap of 2:01.4

Attachments

• 3184F11F-9BB2-469A-941C-8EFC2BA0C9FB.jpeg
    3184F11F-9BB2-469A-941C-8EFC2BA0C9FB.jpeg
    105.2 KB · Views: 15
  • CC79A263-799C-4239-829E-96664C3EC27B.jpeg
    CC79A263-799C-4239-829E-96664C3EC27B.jpeg
    91.4 KB · Views: 14
  • BB35A314-97C2-443F-93A3-68B3B193407A.jpeg
    BB35A314-97C2-443F-93A3-68B3B193407A.jpeg
    91.6 KB · Views: 14
If anyone else would like some help with a particular setup feel free to post it on here, I really want you all to understand exactly how to setup cars using the calculator perfectly, so that when the app launches and we get a lot more people involved you can all be a bit of a knowledge base!

For everyone that had purchased the excel sheet you will get a discount off of the app which will be a similar cost as the excel sheet but for one year.

If anyone else would like some help with a particular setup feel free to post it on here, I really want you all to understand exactly how to setup cars using the calculator perfectly, so that when the app launches and we get a lot more people involved you can all be a bit of a knowledge base!

For everyone that had purchased the excel sheet you will get a discount off of the app which will be a similar cost as the excel sheet but for one year.

I know you're busy mate, but is it worth publishing a new video as the settings have changed a fair bit since the previous one?

B80
I know you're busy mate, but is it worth publishing a new video as the settings have changed a fair bit since the previous one?
Yeah I will do, as you you said just busy and finding the time is not easy.

Please release the ios application as soon as possible so that it is easy to use and open anytime and anywhere. Also, we need the latest version of video guidance. The previous version is too different from the current version. It is best to have application video guidance. Also, man, this thing you designed is great

Please release the ios application as soon as possible so that it is easy to use and open anytime and anywhere. Also, we need the latest version of video guidance. The previous version is too different from the current version. It is best to have application video guidance. Also, man, this thing you designed is great
I hear you! I’m working on it buddy. Thank you!

I have just uploaded a new update to the expert version with fine tuned automatic downforce calculation. The old one had a glitch that when you changed the spring frequency offset it produced out of range values.

Enjoy! 8)

@Heil

Try this with low weight, I managed 8 laps in a lobby with lap times of 2:02 average, fastest was on 6th lap of 2:01.4
Thank you very much for your help.
Your set-up is one second slower than mine and the tire wear is exactly the same. Sometimes GT7 seems to be far away from the "real driving simulator".
Fun fact: if you use the same set up on the Nordschleife, the tires last forever :) ??!

Attachments

• Gran Turismo™ 7_20231211014030.jpg
    Gran Turismo™ 7_20231211014030.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 13
  • Gran Turismo™ 7_20231211014946.jpg
    Gran Turismo™ 7_20231211014946.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 15
  • Gran Turismo™ 7_20231211015659.jpg
    Gran Turismo™ 7_20231211015659.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 14
  • Gran Turismo™ 7_20231211023125.jpg
    Gran Turismo™ 7_20231211023125.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Thank you very much for your help.
Your set-up is one second slower than mine and the tire wear is exactly the same. Sometimes GT7 seems to be far away from the "real driving simulator".
Fun fact: if you use the same set up on the Nordschleife, the tires last forever :) ??!

Do you think the slower time is because of the lower power to weight? Or was it not suited to your driving style? I tend to drag the throttle a little when trail braking to balance the car and this setup works well for that. If you don’t it can get loose quite easily.

I too took it to Nurburgring and thought it was awesome there. Done the 800pp TC offline race again with it and won by a good margin!

Do you think the slower time is because of the lower power to weight? Or was it not suited to your driving style? I tend to drag the throttle a little when trail braking to balance the car and this setup works well for that. If you don’t it can get loose quite easily.

I too took it to Nurburgring and thought it was awesome there. Done the 800pp TC offline race again with it and won by a good margin!
I drive with the controller and not with the steering wheel. So I can only accelerate or brake because I use the sticks.

About the lap times: I made a great effort both times to be as fast as possible. I think it's down to the performance that I'm missing 1 second. In terms of handling, your setting is a bit more understeer. If I were to drive with your setting for longer, the difference would certainly be smaller.

Attachments

• Vergleich.JPG
    Vergleich.JPG
    56 KB · Views: 11
I drive with the controller and not with the steering wheel. So I can only accelerate or brake because I use the sticks.

About the lap times: I made a great effort both times to be as fast as possible. I think it's down to the performance that I'm missing 1 second. In terms of handling, your setting is a bit more understeer. If I were to drive with your setting for longer, the difference would certainly be smaller.

Hi Heil,

I am sorry I tested this on Bathurst, not Kyoto. Not sure why I was mistaken.

Anyway it looks to be that the z4 just has bad tyre wear. I will have another go and see if there is anything else I can do to help.

Latest Posts

Back