GTA Online: Fighter Jets ruin everything!

Should fighter jets be removed from GTA Online or nerfed?

• Total voters
United States
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
ScorchingAngel01
Fighter jets are so annoying, heck I see them more often then people on GT6 lobbies ramming other players. But here it's even worse since they don't get kick. Right now I'm going to talk about one of the most dreadful experience that I have to regret. Some of you might call me a moron over this but to avoid that, I'll add a bit of more information about them.

So today is the last day for the San Andreas anniversary weekend event. I've been trying to hunt down these crates with my Buzzard. Figuring that it would be faster to get to destinations since your on the air and don't have to worry that much about obstacles. So earlier today I picked up one of the special crates just fine. I only go after these special crate drops just for those limited time T-Shirts. Had to rush my way to get this one because I had to go to someone's baptism. So got it. Exit GTA Online and while going back to story mode my game frozed which made me desperate to go back home for some reason.

So after I came back from the baptism, I fired up my PS3 and went to go do some more special crate drop hunting. The second one drop and was able to get their first in my Buzzard, however I ended up getting killed by one of the cancers of GTA Online. The fighter jets. Now it might sound sort of ironic because this crate drop was close to Fort Zancudo which is where you would normally go and steal a fighter jet. After he killed me. Someone else spawned where the special crate drop was. Don't know if he teleported using the jobs close to the crate drops or he got done doing a job but he spawned there. I failed to kill him and get the crate because the game put me in a spot that was hard to navigate and therefore the guy got lucky because of the crackhead Fighter jet noob with the eagle mask.

I don't entirely blame the person that managed to get the crate but I entirely blame on the moron that killed me in the jet. Of course it would be a better idea to use a jet to get to the special crate drops incase of someone else using a jet in a lobby goes ahead and tries to kill you but the reason why I'm not going to go ahead and start using a lazer for the special crate drops is because it would be harder to land on the spot where the crate would be. Meaning I would have to exit out of my jet early before passing by the area with the crate drop.

This is why I now even hate these jets even more. It's not like I only hate them for them getting rid of my chance to get the crate drop but because they are a waste of space to GTA Online. They would be happy to punish anyone using aircrafts and heck they even punish people on the ground.

I deserve a extended time for going off the radar rockstar. Atleast try to extend it to 3 or 5 minutes incase of crap like this. And in addition to this, anyone using jets cannot hide off the radar. Heck even if they call creepy uncle Lester to hide them off the radar, their blip will still show.

I've had a few terrible experiences with people in jets in the past. They are probably worse then the tanks because the tanks are slow and they are easier to avoid. Although one hit from the tanks and your dead. The jets, your even way more screwed then encountering people in tanks because lets face it. The fighter jets are fast like Speedy Gonzales, and all of the weapons they are equipped are over powered, heck even the mounted machine guns use explosive rounds which are your worst nightmare.

Unfortunately that's all I can discuss right now because I'm not going to waste my time writing this. That's it. Have a nice day!

Last edited:
I heard people saying that they don't see them in solo or invite only sessions. *Thats only if you don't have like 4 people in the lobby* so since that I'm worried about that and going special crate drop hunting in private sessions, I just hunt them on public sessions. I'll try doing that later today. Although things might get a bit boring.

There's a friend on PSN that I play with who also likes to make fun of people using jets when he finally kills that player flying a jet. It's pretty funny I have to admit.

I heard people saying that they don't see them in solo or invite only sessions. *Thats only if you don't have like 4 people in the lobby* so since that I'm worried about that and going special crate drop hunting in private sessions, I just hunt them on public sessions. I'll try doing that later today. Although things might get a bit boring.

There's a friend on PSN that I play with who also likes to make fun of people using jets when he finally kills that player flying a jet. It's pretty funny I have to admit.

It's been confirmed by myself and others that they do appear.

If you want to take them down on foot, heavy sniper from a distance, minigun when they are closer.

Jet trolls normally get hammered by other players when they eventually get grounded and then they leave.

I don't think jets need to be nerfed directly, but they need a much better counter than just the heavy sniper... but the trouble is anything designed to take down jets can easily be used to take down friendly aircraft as well. Maybe some sort of faster, longer-ranged RPG that can only be fired when it locks onto tanks, buzzards and jets (and maybe hostile vehicles in missions and deathmatches as well?)

Tanks and Zentornos need to be removed first in my opinion.

I wouldn't think that people actually hate the Zentorno. I respect your opinion though. The Zentorno is probably among one of the most bad:censored: looking cars I have ever seen in a GTA game. While most of these people driving that car are prepared to take anyone out when passing by, I wouldn't go too far saying that they should take the Zentorno out because there's a lot of pass by killers driving it.

If the car is too fast, then it wouldn't hurt nerfing down the speed. I would hate to see my lovely Zentorno going bye bye like seeing my Riot and Rhino Tank stored in my garage getting removed after some update. *Forgot what update it was* While I might be a noob owning a tank in my garage at the time, it was always fun having the Riot stored. Love to drive that thing, plus gather some players to hop in the Riot was really fun. One guy or two would hold on to the side of the truck and gun peds, cops, and players down while the others would chill inside the truck. It's pretty awesome when your sitting in the back in the truck because if you bring up the cinematic view, the camera goes to a FPS view and you get to see the inside of the truck which was amazing.

I did heard about rumors that a First Person Perspective option was to be added to the next gen version of GTA V which wouldn't be a bad feature. I don't own a PS4 yet sadly. :(

They need a heat-seeking RPG for our inventory. That would help a little bit. Jets would have to avoid the missiles for a short time. If you can't deal with jets, play with a group of friends or...switch lobbies.
That I need agree. If Rockstar doesn't want to nerf the Jet then heat-seeking RPGs is what this game needs. I don't care if people think they shouldn't add it because it's call of duty / battlefield related, plus I really don't care about CoD after some disagreeable problem I've been through with the games. If I gave the problem out, then people would be willing to point a gun at my head. They should just add a heat seeking RPGs. I notice everyone voted for Rockstar to not make any changes to the Jet. *Just when you thought that everyone had enough with the bs changes they did with GTA Online like Rooftop Rumble, the mental state, etc. you'd be surprised that everyone doesn't want any changes to the jet.*

Right now our only hope on foot is Miniguns and Heavy Snipers.

Last edited:
I wouldn't think that people actually hate the Zentorno. I respect your opinion though. The Zentorno is probably among one of the most bad:censored: looking cars I have ever seen in a GTA game. While most of these people driving that car are prepared to take anyone out when passing by, I wouldn't go too far saying that they should take the Zentorno out because there's a lot of pass by killers driving it.
I absolutely despise the Zentorno. And I mean despise. It's a stain on the GTA franchise, a testament to everything that is wrong with modern car design. It's like a 5 year old was given numerous illegal substances and some crayola's, then was told to draw a 'super cool car'.

It's not even as fast as people give it credit for, it is 90% of the time driven by 🤬's, it's overpriced, but worst, worst, worst of all is the bulletproof back. The only remedy for this is explosives (expensive) or a minigun (expensive, and high rank required). Add insurance into the mix, and suddenly it's $10k to defend yourself from a 🤬 in a Zentorno. God forbid you're in a car and you're out of stickies. Or if you're just out of explosives altogether. To me, the Zentorno's bulletproof back is a bigger issue than jets, because it's a hell of a lot more common and in many ways harder to escape.

EDIT: Also, the edit button is a useful alternative to double posting. :)

E28
I absolutely despise the Zentorno. And I mean despise. It's a stain on the GTA franchise, a testament to everything that is wrong with modern car design. It's like a 5 year old was given numerous illegal substances and some crayola's, then was told to draw a 'super cool car'.

It's not even as fast as people give it credit for, it is 90% of the time driven by 🤬's, it's overpriced, but worst, worst, worst of all is the bulletproof back. The only remedy for this is explosives (expensive) or a minigun (expensive, and high rank required). Add insurance into the mix, and suddenly it's $10k to defend yourself from a 🤬 in a Zentorno. God forbid you're in a car and you're out of stickies. Or if you're just out of explosives altogether. To me, the Zentorno's bulletproof back is a bigger issue than jets, because it's a hell of a lot more common and in many ways harder to escape.

EDIT: Also, the edit button is a useful alternative to double posting. :)
You could still kill players in Zentornos without having to use stickies, Miniguns, etc. If you manage to get in front of your foe's Zentorno, you could shoot the driver through the window. Or if your next to his car, you could shoot the windows on the side and kill the driver. It's not like the car has no windows and therefore impossible to kill the driver without using the explosives. Yet I agree it's still a pain in the Uranus to kill the driver. And the Zentorno is too expensive? Oh trust me, wait until you see the Adder's price tag, I'm pretty sure you'll agree.

Sticky bombs. Just why complain their too expensive. It doesn't cost a fortune to buy them. Although the people that use then rather then using their guns are trolls that just wants to 🤬 you off. I rather have people just use regular grenades because those takes some skill and timing. Sticky bombs require no skill, just get close to someone and BOOM! They explode!

I also see people cheat a bit just griefing the grenades and stickies to destroy your cover and they even try to use the Assault Shotgun a lot. I was going to start believing that shotguns are not overpowered because they have limited range. *I should have known this already. Guess I learned more about guns a bit too late. Think I've been sitting in my 🤬 all the time playing Pokemon and racing games* but until the assault shotgun came along I was like, "oh god I think I should of not stop complaining about shotguns."

Right now if your a casual gamer. The only way to play GTA Online is to play like a noob. I think they should rename GTA Online to GTA V: Rockstar teaches Noob Strategies. Or GTA V: The Un-Legit Open World Shooting Noob, 🤬 🤬 🤬 Un Skilled 🤬 Simulator.

Ok I think I'm going way too far here.

Quick tip, special crates appear in solo invite only sessions.

That is all.

They spawn in Public private lobby's also.
Exactly this. There is no reason to play in public lobbies. A year later and I still don't understand why people don't just play in private lobbies, instead of complaining about being killed by players in public lobbies. You don't need to be in public lobbies at all.

The Special Crate Drops spawn faster in a public lobby, Its called get a helicopter and shot everyone that is in the air or near the crate

The Special Crate Drops spawn faster in a public lobby, Its called get a helicopter and shot everyone that is in the air or near the crate
They don't spawn any quicker in public lobbies. The point everyone is trying to make is that it's easier to get them in private lobbies because you don't have to fight other people for them...

E28
They don't spawn any quicker in public lobbies. The point everyone is trying to make is that it's easier to get them in private lobbies because you don't have to fight other people for them...

True, I was just saying they actually spawn quicker in public lobbies I was in one yesterday and three Special Crates spawned less than 20 minutes.

True, I was just saying they actually spawn quicker in public lobbies I was in one yesterday and three Special Crates spawned less than 20 minutes.
How is that possible? There's a notification at least 10 minutes in advance of a crate dropping, and no others drop in that period...

EDIT: Also, I must re-iterate my hatred of the Zentorno. Getting real tired of dropping $10k to defend myself from a griefer, and people using the low front end to lift up your car and send you flying in races.

Last edited:
E28
Also, I must re-iterate my hatred of the Zentorno. Getting real tired of dropping $10k to defend myself from a griefer, and people using the low front end to lift up your car and send you flying in races.

Agreed 100%👍

You guys get your grubby fingers of my Zentorno. :)

I understand why people dislike them. But really if it's not that Car it will be a Jester, Bullet, Entity.

It's the player that you really hate. Not the car. Many of us enjoy that car and don't use to exploit others.

Besides you can always fight Fire with Fire. Get your own and let them chase you.

You guys get your grubby fingers of my Zentorno. :)

I understand why people dislike them. But really if it's not that Car it will be a Jester, Bullet, Entity.

It's the player that you really hate. Not the car. Many of us enjoy that car and don't use to exploit others.

Besides you can always fight Fire with Fire. Get your own and let them chase you.

That is true, it's not about the car it's the person driving the car.

That is true, it's not about the car it's the person driving the car.
I wonder what kind of person other then 5 year olds drives a Zentorno. Perhaps this?
tumblr_mv5rl7N87T1rn68pco1_500.jpg

wow... now seeing the poll, I guess I picked the wrong choice..

I just can't seem to find a lobby where I am doing my thing, far away from everyone else, and get shot out of my seat..

I get the hate for the Jet- the thing is OP and can easily ruin a lobby. But at the end of the day, if the jet gets nerfed, something else will take its place as an annoying griefer device. I have a feeling that if the jet disappears, Buzzards and Rhinos will be everywhere. But I have played in several public lobbies, and I only once had an issue with a guy griefing in a Lazer.

Private lobbies are where it is at. I Ever since I've played in private lobbies with friends, my game enjoyment has skyrocketed. Trust me, private lobbies are where people should be playing since idiocy is far less likely to happen in those lobbies.

I wonder what kind of person other then 5 year olds drives a Zentorno. Perhaps this?

Other "than" you mean.

I use one in public lobbies because it's fast, armoured and has a much better looking model than the Adder (imo). It's a self-defence thing.

The rest of the time I'm in an old brown estate that you could pass on a bicycle.

Back