GTA Online: Fighter Jets ruin everything!

Should fighter jets be removed from GTA Online or nerfed?

• Total voters
I get the hate for the Jet- the thing is OP and can easily ruin a lobby. But at the end of the day, if the jet gets nerfed, something else will take its place as an annoying griefer device. I have a feeling that if the jet disappears, Buzzards and Rhinos will be everywhere. But I have played in several public lobbies, and I only once had an issue with a guy griefing in a Lazer.

Private lobbies are where it is at. I Ever since I've played in private lobbies with friends, my game enjoyment has skyrocketed. Trust me, private lobbies are where people should be playing since idiocy is far less likely to happen in those lobbies.

Yeah - as much as I hate to admit, jets are the only real hard counter to tanks. Yeah, you can use stickies and launchers against tanks, but they're pretty easy to avoid, and launchers are very late unlocks.

I get the hate for the Jet- the thing is OP and can easily ruin a lobby. But at the end of the day, if the jet gets nerfed, something else will take its place as an annoying griefer device. I have a feeling that if the jet disappears, Buzzards and Rhinos will be everywhere. But I have played in several public lobbies, and I only once had an issue with a guy griefing in a Lazer.

Private lobbies are where it is at. I Ever since I've played in private lobbies with friends, my game enjoyment has skyrocketed. Trust me, private lobbies are where people should be playing since idiocy is far less likely to happen in those lobbies.

Luckily Buzzards are more easier to avoid. If you could maneuver the missles it fires, then yeah they aren't a pain. Tanks were what the noobs used before fighter jets became a big thing.

Right now I'm just taking a break from GTA Online after some technical problems I was having with the game.

Yeah - as much as I hate to admit, jets are the only real hard counter to tanks. Yeah, you can use stickies and launchers against tanks, but they're pretty easy to avoid, and launchers are very late unlocks.

My personal tally...

Tanks destroyed when....

On foot - 7
In a jet - 2

Last edited:
My personal tally...

Tanks destroyed when....

On foot - 7
In a jet - 2

The problem is that statistically speaking you're more likely to be on foot than in a jet, and it's unlikely that a tank griefer will let you escape to grab one if you're on foot.

The problem is that statistically speaking you're more likely to be on foot than in a jet, and it's unlikely that a tank griefer will let you escape to grab one if you're on foot.

Does passive mode work against tank shells? I've never been on foot near one, I've always either kept away (like the coward I am) or gone for a jet so I can die more impressively.

Does passive mode work against tank shells? I've never been on foot near one, I've always either kept away (like the coward I am) or gone for a jet so I can die more impressively.

Passive mode does indeed protect against tank shells. The issue is that unlike most regular cars the tank can follow you over low walls to run you over and also knock you about with the barrel when you're in passive so it's a lot trickier to get somewhere where it can't actually do anything - and most of the time you won't be able to do much up there anyway besides maybe try and call for a helicopter (if you can even get one to land at your location) and hope they don't shoot it down.

Yeah, passive mode works against the shells but obviously you can still get ran over and killed that way.

Back