GTA: San Andreas Record Book - PC

• Thread starter Orion_SR
  • 145 comments
Hi all - gr8 site đź‘Ť

Found this site searching for GTA San Andreas Records , so i thought i'd share one of my times with u too :dunce:

Some amazing records out there so well done to all

Anyways here is my 1st go , took a while hehe :crazy:

Military Service

3:49 MikEms

Updated:
  • Added new record and screenshot by MikEms
Welcome MikEms, and thanks for bumping our record book. Our topic views have dropped off recently and we're almost in second place overall for PC Gaming.

FYI, it shouldn't matter for your current score, but if you decide to go for the overall record, please turn on the frame limiter to lock the FPS at 25. There's a short discussion about this a few messages ago. This rule is suggested only for plane races at this time.

Thanks for the welcome Orion_SR :)

Yes ! just to clarify my previous record of 3:49 for Military Service was set with the frame limiter off , I have since bettered that time , also with the frame limiter set to off

Military Service

3:47 MikEms

However as you have noted in your previous post and as noted by GTA_Phreak , high fps does seem to have a slight effect with the timer , i shall from now on use the frame limiter set to on , so please disregard my previous records , altho it was damn hard to get those times in the first place hehe :crazy:

ps. I'm very glad to see there are still a lot of GTA San Andreas fans out there :sly:

Yah, well... With the Frame Limiter on or off, any score that competes with Phreak and Morgoth is first rate. Well done. I'll leave your 3:49 score in second place while you see what can be done with the frame limiter on; maybe we can bait Phreak into commenting on the issue.

Attachments

• GTASAsf1.zip
    62.6 KB · Views: 11
Hi all. Hope Records aren't for races only.

Furthest Hoop 27,3m (303.33ft according to stats page,which doesnt work out correctly)

ty for info @ Orion_SR - wasnt sure if i could put it by the PS2 ones.

Hi all. Hope Records aren't for races only.

Furthest Hoop 27,3m (303.33ft according to stats page,which doesnt work out correctly)
No, but stats are covered by the other local GTA San Andreas Record Book. When GTA_Phreak, Morgoth22, and myself first started competing against the records posted there, we consistently scored slightly faster in most of the events. We figured the PC times must be faster than PS2 times due to system performance or something and decided to keep separate records. Also, due to the easy screenshots available to PC players, we were able to expand the record book to include events like lesson times, and races or missions that don't record a stat. More recent times posted in the PS2 record book has led me to suspect that there may not be all that much difference between systems.

Anyway, they have special rules about the longest hoop for NTSC players, but I think you met the requirements. We've discussed this issue; they've agreed to handle any non-race PC record.

Nice hoop record ogkspaz :)

I have managed a 3:51 for Military Service with the frame limiter on , however i will post a picture as soon as I manage to get the elusive 3:50 :dunce:

I am busy trying my hand at Chopper Checkpoint in the mean time , altho I am still about 10seconds behind the record :crazy:

I will also try my hand at other races , altho i must say all those records seem way out of reach for me :sly:

Well done to GTA_Phreak, Morgoth22 & Orion_SR for some amazing records đź‘Ť

There is just no escaping the fun to be had in GTA !!! :dunce:

You might catch us in Chopper Checkpoint. I didn't like that race very much, and I can't remember how many times Phreak and I swapped records on that event. There might still be some time left in that race, maybe.

Morgoth and I competed for records at the end of our Chain Game when the PC version was fairly new. When Phreak showed up at GameFAQs we started up another record book using the chain game records as a starting point, and comparing scores directly with the PS2 record book. We moved the topic here for a more permanent record, and also because the screenshots are easier to view. So what you see here is the 3rd generation of back and forth battling to scrape 1 or 2 more seconds off each event.

However, we are vulnerable in some events. Since you like to fly, you might want to try the Heli Hell race, I'm sure there's a few more seconds in that race for anyone who can put all the best splits together. But be sure to work on Whirly Bird; this race is really fun once you get anywhere between Phreak's score and mine.

Check the events with Red Titles. This indicates a faster PS2 time, so maybe there is room for improvement. Lowrider can be beat if you plan ahead during the early part of the game. We'll know the difference by the screenshot though. Same goes for Badlands A. Long races with lots of traffic are likely canidates. The bike and plane races are all pretty tight. There are also a handful of events we never covered. It'd be nice to record some respectable times for the rest of the Chilliad events. And no one has ever taken a serious whack at the BMX challenge.

You might also consider contributing to the Fun with N.O.E. series. The race videos tend to get a lot of hits, and we've had requests for more car and bike races.

Hi I've just been trying my hand at Lowrider & have managed a respectable but very lucky time :)

Lowrider

1:09 MikEms

As you will see I had the police after me hehe , my fault for shooting my car with a shotgun if i crashed too many times so that I could start over :ouch:

That was a very lucky run tho , i guess it all comes down to luck / cars / peds etc :crazy:

Please note i do turn off my hud , as it seems to bother me when im doing races and allows me to concentrate a little bit better :sly:

I also had a chance to try out Little Loop altho atm it is only 45 seconds , a hard track to get right methinks :sly:

As for Heli Hell , well it true to it's name , I have only managed a 2:57 , and I dont believe I can better that much hehe

As for race videos & such , unfortunately I wish i could download all those amazing videos of all these records , however I stay on a farm and only have internet use through a GPRS cellphone / PC connection , so I am very limited to how much I can upload or download , however what little I can do , has still been most enjoyable , especially finding more sites with GTA fans :)

Ohhh, - this thread is still alive (stopped checking it a while back). :cheers: to the newcomers.

Heli Hell is a hard race to master, - so just keep trying. My 2:26 record is definitely beatable :nervous:

As for the frame-limiter debate, - it does have a significant influence on the airplane races.
My best time on Military Service is 3:47 (Limiter Off) compared to 3:50 (On).
With a lot of testing I have also verified that the time gets faster in proportion to achieved frame-rate (by tweaking my gfx card settings and benchmarking with fraps).
That also holds true to a lesser degree for Barnstorming(~2s.) and World War Aces (~1s.)
So if records is to be comparable I'm suggesting that Frame-Limiter should be ON for airplane races.
All the airplane records I've posted is done with Frame-Limiter On (including NOE).
For the rest (Helicopter/Car/Bike) I'm fairly confident that it doesn't matter.
The racetimer will slow down with higher FPS, but the vehicles will also go slower (slowed down game in general).
I'm speculating that the reason it doesn't add up for the airplanes is a combination of exceptional high fps on those races (less detailed scenery) and that they're fast (physics model not accurate enough for the high speed and high and fluctuating fps)

Good morning. This is my first post in this topic. I've acquired GTA San Andreas for PC in the 25th of December. I'm training for new records, to add in this topic. Goodbye.. P.S. There are maybe in the message any errors....

Interesting. crazyanurag from GTAForums claims to have a score of 70.83, and a mysterious 55.90 that can't be repeated. Maybe he's up for the competition, but my skills are fairly rusty.

San Fierro Hills

3:56 Seth Gozin

Wanting to keep the thread alive, I tried to set a new record and I succeeded! I got a 3:56 on San Fierro Hills (the previous record was 3:57, wasn't it?) by turning the frame limiter off.

Last edited:
Oh, hey. New records.

Um... can I talk you into posting in the proper format? Which I guess we never fully defined, but if you look back at the previous examples you'll get the idea. The main problem is lack of a thumbnail image to post with the record. Imageshack has worked very well for us. Very few images have been lost over the years.

Another issue we never fully resolved was the use of the frame limiter. I don't think the car races were ever subjected to limitations so your record should stand. However, I encourage you to set the frame limiter on as a method of standardizing the performance between systems.

Sorry, got a little excited there, it's my first time here on this forum (the format should be fine by now btw). From now on, I'll put the frame limiter back on. Nonetheless, my record still stands.

Hello guys! Nice records, I see.

Here some of my records:

San Fierro Fastlane

1:24 Jfye

LV Ringroad

1:52 Jfye

Desert Tricks
http://www.filefront.com/14238741/Desert%20Tricks.mp4
1:50 Jfye

Backroad Wender

1:25 Jfye

Military Service

3:48 Jfye (Frame limiter off)

Barnstroming

4:33 Jfye (Frame limiter off)

Freeway
http://www.filefront.com/14238651/Freeway.mp4
1:57 Jfye

Lowerider Race
http://www.filefront.com/14238991/Lowrider%20Race.mp4
1:05 Jfye

City Circuit

1:20 Jfye

Dam Rider
http://www.filefront.com/14238489/Dam%20Rider.mp4
1:45 Jfye

Little Loop

0:40 Jfye

SF to LV
http://www.filefront.com/14238879/San%20Fierro%20to%20Las%20Venturas.mp4
2:27 Jfye

Go-Go Karting
http://www.filefront.com/14238565/Go-Go%20Karting.mp4
1:42 Jfye

City Slickin'

77:55 Jfye

[ALL videos recorded using Fraps; without editing]

Last edited:
Is only GTA_Phreak posting his records in Cyberscore.I also post mine there because I think it's the world's world records book for all games,and also thought that my 4:37 is the world's best on 8-track,until now:scared:

Back