Votes: 12 5.9%
  • Australia

Votes: 6 2.9%
  • Other

Votes: 23 11.3%
  • Miami

Votes: 89 43.6%

• Total voters
I mean, outside of vehicular homicide, speeding and other dangerous driving offences, I'd suggest stealing cars is possibly the the most frequent crime committed in the game, no?

I'd like Gone in 60 style missions, but it's not like there's no vehicular theft without it.
Some of the updates have gone that route. The main one goes well beyond just stealing cars in some missions to the point of being bulled by the AI, & the most recent at creating a list to steal is just theft & delivering, no added flavor.

Last edited:
The trailer looked amazing as we are expecting from such a huge title. Hopefully, there won't be any delays in the release of the game as we have already waited for more than a decade for this one.

Ah, another decade won't hurt.
s01e08 GIF

Aside from all the murder and general blowing up of stuff, sure.

I'm genuinely not sure which crime that you can actually do in a GTA game is less common than GTA.
I suppose it shifted a bit with characters having specific cars and people keeping their own cars in garages and stuff. Curious now what the game stats show.

A random thought; the gap between GTA V and VI releasing is the same amount of time between III and V. Just goes to show how relatively quick technology evolved and the complexity behind making games of this scope and detail since the 7th generation.

I suppose it shifted a bit with characters having specific cars and people keeping their own cars in garages and stuff. Curious now what the game stats show.
Indeed. Even in GTAVC I based myself at the car showroom and (when they weren't glitch-vanishing) drove my favourites out I think more often than anything else - only stealing cars through necessity (I'd crashed mine and it had exploded).

Except the Rhino. I stole more of those than I did anything else in the game, although I'm not sure boosting a tank after shooting the driver in the face through the view window qualifies as grand theft auto :lol:

I mean, outside of vehicular homicide, speeding and other dangerous driving offences, I'd suggest stealing cars is possibly the the most frequent crime committed in the game, no?
The standout missions in the last 2 games have been armed robbery / bank heists, basically Heat: The Game. The new one is clearly Bonnie & Clyde. Stealing cars is a sideshow.

I like the racing in these games and generally just cruising around causing carnage, but for me the details on the cars are irrelevant. It's not like it's a simulator.

The standout missions in the last 2 games have been armed robbery / bank heists, basically Heat: The Game. The new one is clearly Bonnie & Clyde. Stealing cars is a sideshow.
Yeah, but just getting from A to B outside of mission play would lead to multiple car thefts... at least it did the way I played.

I like the racing in these games and generally just cruising around causing carnage, but for me the details on the cars are irrelevant. It's not like it's a simulator.
Vehicles of all kinds is a big part of the game though, so to say it’s irrelevant how they look is a bit harsh I think, and considering they’re clearly making the environment and characters more realistic I would personally appreciate if they gave the vehicles the same amount of love as well.

It’s not a dealbreaker though, and I’m very much looking forward to the game nonetheless.

Last edited:
Seeing the biker gang and the sheer density of the population, wonder if it’ll be tougher to carjack and get away.

You're not alone. Rockstar itself has long-since forgotten about the actual crime for which the entire series was named (I don't even know what it should be called... Aggravated Mayhem?); even the cars parked on Ocean Drive in the trailer are an absolute afterthought.
The most broad way you could describe the entire GTA ethos is "Hedonism Simulator" I think. Reckless Indulgence might be a good name.

GTA Online just got a bunch of GTA VI cars added yesterday which is probably what will be done with every future GTAO update.
Some really nice cars amongst those already :dopey:

Back