[GTGC] -- Midfield Touring Car Grand Prix | EVENT POSTPONED TO 2016

• Thread starter flip55
  • 20 comments
United States
Satellite of Love
flip157

Welcome to the thread for the Gentlemen's Cup Touring Car Classic!
This event will be a 90 minute endurance race at Midfield Raceway. All are welcome to join in!
The cars for this event are split into two categories: GT300 from Super GT, and a class we've created called ST2. Both classes are the same speed and will be competing for the overall standings.

Race and practice lounges will be held in our group lobby! Be sure to join our group in the game!
Group ID: 1007109

Race day TBA - 2016

2:00 pm EST USA/Canada
11:00 am PST USA/Canada
7:00 pm GMT UK

6:00 am AEDT AUS (Dec. 20th)

Race times are in Eastern Standard Time, USA.

• 1:45pm EST -- Room opens for a quick test/tune session.
  • 2:00pm EST -- Qualifying -- Everyone on track for 10 minutes.
  • 2:10pm EST -- Main Event -- Race begins immediately after qualifying. Race time will be 90 minutes.

Full specs are in the spoiler tabs bellow for each class. Please note that both classes have been set up to be the same speed. So you will be competing with everyone on track.
Only 3 of each car will be allowed for the race.

**Some spec cards need to be updated because one or two contain the wrong info. Changes will be made shortly.**

Everyone should be familiar with GT300! Loads of downforce and tons of grip, which lead to a very predictable handling package. These are extremely sophisticated race cars that are loads of fun to drive and race in!

**NO POWER MODS ALLOWED FOR GT300.**
***Subaru Imprezza GT300 has been omitted for this event due to the advantage the car may have in the rain from its AWD.

3/3 Available
#43 ARTA Autobacs Colors -- 1/1 Available

3/3 Available
#19 Wed Sport Colors -- 1/1 Available

3/3 Available
#7 Amemiya AsparaDrink Colors -- 1/1 Available

3/3 Available
#61 Subaru BRZ R&D SPORT Colors -- 1/1 Available

This is a class we sort of... well, almost entirely threw together for no reason. ST2 is a mix of old school touring cars and super lightweight track cars. These cars have less aero grip than the GT300s, which is noticable. With that being said, they have some extra legs on the straights. Fun to drive, and still super quick!

3/3 Available

*For the KTM, full suspension, transmission, and drivetrain modifications should also be made.
Body kit pictured above optional.
3/3 Available

3/3 Available

3/3 Available

There is NO requirement for your ST2 car to be green. I just happen to like that shade of green, as it appears...​

Midfield Raceway

Weather will be randomized for the race. Qualifying will be in the dry.
In game start time has yet to be determined, but will be updated very shortly.

A good guide line to always follow is the GTPlanet Online Racing Rules. To be direct, race smart and race clean. All drivers will be expected to keep two wheels on the track at all times, unless otherwise stated in a future post.

Lapped drivers, or drivers about to lose a lap to a lead car, are expected to give way to lead drivers in the safest way possible. It is also the responsibility of the lead driver to complete the pass in the safest way possible. If we had a better blue flag system, we'd use it. But we have to be self policing here.

More information on times/dates in Post #3.

TBA 2016

Please provide the following information in a reply with the following information:

GTP ID:
PSN ID:
Category/Car:
Car Number:*

*Please refrain from choosing numbers 7, 19, 43, and 61, as not to cause confusion with the team cars in GT300. If you would like one of those cars, they are available to one driver. See above for details.

Additional Information

• Tires allowed: RM, RH, Intermediate, and Wets
  • Tire/fuel -- FAST
  • Slipstream -- REAL
  • Grip reduction -- REAL
  • Mechanical damage -- Heavy
  • ABS and driving line will be optional
  • Flip157 will be the room host
This thread will be continuously updated as we progress. If you're interested in running, feel free to comment below. Any input will be greatly appreciated. We thank you for taking time to read this and we hope to see you on the track!

Last edited:

16 Drivers Max. No driver caps for each class.
Total -- 3
Room host - flip157
(PSN ID | Car | Number)

GT300
flip157 | Subaru BRZ | #61 (Subaru Racing Livery)
socalspeedfreak | Mazda RX7 | #69
Digby92 | Subaru BRZ | #27

ST2
g**_on_this18 | Nissan S15 TC | #77
HarskRacing96 | KTM X- Bow | #96

Last edited:
Important Post

If you raced with us last time, a few things are different this time around:

1. Start time has been pushed back, hopefully this helps some people out.
2. I felt that a race distance of 2 hours was a bit much. So the race distance this time around with be 90 minutes.
3. Race Medium tires will be allowed for this race. RH tires are also legal to use if you wish. No mixing and matching compounds. All 4 tires must be the same compound.

4. This is important. I've played Gran Turismo enough to know that the following is an issue with the game. This mainly concerns the GT300s, but goes for every car on the grid. I'm well aware that people like to throw on the largest turbo and other upgrades on the car, then lower the horsepower down to the figures I have above so that you meet regulations. One or two people did do this at the last race.

This will not be allowed on race day. We have ways of telling whether or not a car has been modified in a way it's not supposed to. If a car comes in with a car with higher specs than specified, you will be asked to undo your changes. Or you will not race.

With that being said, the last race a Bathurst was fun! Hopefully, some of the changes above will make the experience better.

Edit: Also, if you did race with us last time, your sign up from Bathurst does not carry over. You will have to renotify me if you are going to race. You may also select a different car to the one you raced last time.

Last edited:
Practice should be live later today! 2:00pm EST USA!

EDIT: Unfortunately, something has come up, and I cannot host the practice room this afternoon.

Last edited:
my friends im opening a 15 lap race room to test out these cars on various tracks in a few minutes ill put the room id when its open

Hey guys.

Unfortunately, due to things that have come up that are slightly more important than this, I will be unable to hold the race this weekend. And because of the timing around the holidays, I have to postpone the event until 2016.

This event will return at some point. Hopefully, I can make these races a little more of a regular occurrence in the early part of next year.

I think it is time to revive this race. I am undecided on running the Lexus GT300 or Silvia TC... regardless number 68 as always. Going to feel good after a long hiatus of online racing ;-)

I think it is time to revive this race. I am undecided on running the Lexus GT300 or Silvia TC... regardless number 68 as always. Going to feel good after a long hiatus of online racing ;-)

Yeah... Unfortunately, weekends became a little more difficult for me to do. I still want this one to happen, I'll see what's possible in the coming weeks.

Back