• 31 comments

VBR

Meme Dissident in Exile...
Premium
England
Yorkshire
ScapeGoat4U
WhippingBoy
I found a load of old official screenshots on my PC. Seeing as most of the pictures posted in this forum have vanished over the years, I thought I'd post them all up in one place for those interested in seeing them. It seems that GTHD was supposed to contain a lot more content than it ended up having. In no particular order...

c01a.jpg c02a.jpg c03a.jpg c04a.jpgc05a.jpg c06a.jpg c07a.jpg c08a.jpg c09a.jpg c10a.jpg c11a.jpg c12a.jpgc13a.jpg c14a.jpg c15a.jpg c16a.jpg c17a.jpg c18a.jpg c19a.jpgakasaka02.jpggrandcanyon01.jpg grandcanyon02.jpg grandcanyon05.jpg grandcanyon06.jpg GTHD_menu_car_selection.jpg GTHD_menu_crs_selection.jpg GTHD_menu_top.jpg nurburgring13.jpg p01a.jpg p02a.jpg p03a.jpg p04a.jpg p05a.jpg p06a.jpg p07a.jpg p08a.jpg p09a.jpg p10a.jpg p11a.jpg p12a.jpg p13a.jpg p14a.jpg p15a.jpg p16a.jpg p17a.jpg p18a.jpg p19a.jpg p20a.jpg p21a.jpg p22a.jpg p23a.jpg p24a.jpg p25a.jpg p26a.jpg p27a.jpg p28a.jpg p29a.jpg p30a.jpg p31a.jpg p32a.jpg p33a.jpg p34a.jpg p35a.jpg p36a.jpg p37a.jpg p38a.jpg p39a.jpg p40a.jpg p41a.jpg p42a.jpg p43a.jpg p44a.jpg p45a.jpg p46a.jpg p47a.jpg p48a.jpg p49a.jpg p50a.jpg p51a.jpg p53a.jpg p54a.jpg p57a.jpgp59a.jpg p60a.jpg p61a.jpg p62a.jpg p63a.jpg p64a.jpg p65a.jpg p66a.jpg p67a.jpg p68a.jpg p69a.jpg p70a.jpg p71a.jpg p72a.jpg p73a.jpg p74a.jpg p75a.jpg p76a.jpg p77a.jpg p79a.jpg p80a.jpg p81a.jpg p82a.jpg p83a.jpg p84a.jpg p85a.jpg sarthe02.jpg sarthe06.jpg Vision_GT_01.jpg Vision_GT_02.jpgVision_GT_03.jpgp56a.jpgp58a.jpg p52a.jpgp78a.jpgp55a.jpg

What a gold mine! Thanks for sharing them! Is there any way you could link a zipped file with them all? GTP reduces the resolution of uploaded images and I'd like to keep the original resolution images archived on my end as well.

Last edited:
Awesome. thanks a lot! :D

(If you have any other Gran Turismo pre-release screenshots, i'm also interested btw, no matter which title it's from)

Last edited:
Those Mazda NC images are interesting. Those must've been taken right around the time they were experimenting with premium cars. Also the premium 22B... never to be seen again. Someone should ask Kaz in an interview what happened to that car mesh if they haven't already.

I found these two while digging into game files:

unknown.png

This was presumibly used for some GT HD "demos" ( or maybe the E3 - TGS version ) , because 店頭体験版 means In-store trial version

unknown.png

In this pic the map has a glow effect, instead of solid

The store image is in very bad quality but I see a Nismo or Nissan GT-R in there could be a ‘96 or ‘06 model just hard to tell.

The car names are written unless we're looking at a different image lol.
Toyota 2000GT, Jaguar XKR, Lotus Elise, BMW Z4, Nissan 350Z
McLaren SLR, Pescarolo Courage C60 '03, Audi TT 3.2 Coupe, Toyota Prius, Ford GT.

Ah that list. Hmm lemme see
1-3 i really can't tell.
4. NSX Prototype Race Car
5. RX-8 Concept Race Car
6. Lancer Evolution ... IV? IX?
7. Corolla Rally Car
8. Tom's Supra JGT
9. Impreza WRX (06?)
10. NISMO GTR (- LM? '06?, '96? -would be 400R though-)

Ah that list. Hmm lemme see
1-3 i really can't tell.
4. NSX Prototype Race Car
5. RX-8 Concept Race Car
6. Lancer Evolution ... IV? IX?
7. Corolla Rally Car
8. Tom's Supra JGT
9. Impreza WRX (06?)
10. NISMO GTR (- LM? '06?, '96? -would be 400R though-)

1-3 are:
1.One Month Subscription
2.Three Month Subscription
3.Two Month Subscription

These are based on what I can see.

Ah indeed. That sounds right. I was so focused on the list being only cars that I didn't consider anything else.

Hi there , i had the oportunity to play these particular version, unfortunatly i was a kid and I havent consider to test the bikes, so I was wondering if it is possible to get a copy of that game ! i have tried so search on web and nothing appears... chears to every one.

Nope, sadly that "Special" variant of GTHD is an E3 build I think E3 2005 or 2006. So, it's probably at the PD offices in a vault of some kind, but we'll probably never see that build again for quite sometime.

Nope, sadly that "Special" variant of GTHD is an E3 build I think E3 2005 or 2006. So, it's probably at the PD offices in a vault of some kind, but we'll probably never see that build again for quite sometime.

Ohh, i'm sad about that, cause i became exited whit the idea of cars and bikes racing together.
Tank you for the reply, cheers.

Hi there , i had the oportunity to play these particular version, unfortunatly i was a kid and I havent consider to test the bikes, so I was wondering if it is possible to get a copy of that game ! i have tried so search on web and nothing appears... chears to every one.

Hello diogo, as Jake answer sadly the only available version of GT HD is the PSN / Japanese disc version, while the old GT HD with cars and bikes are nowhere to be seen online :/
That's nice to hear that you played it back then, I wish I had this luck :D

VBR
I just realised that I uploaded the wrong images: it was a GT6 screenshots folder, DOH! :dunce: :lol:

Here are the GTHD ones.

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/7674716f1ee3cfbe336308be419cfb4b20200419092924/796032

👍

Lol I didn't even check. Thanks for that and the GT6 screenshots 👍
I did used to collect the old GT5 screenshots back in the day but I don't know what's happened to them. I do intend on finding the screenshots of the older games myself. Do you happen to have any of the screenshots of the older games, GT4 and earlier by any chance?

I did used to collect the old GT5 screenshots back in the day but I don't know what's happened to them. I do intend on finding the screenshots of the older games myself. Do you happen to have any of the screenshots of the older games, GT4 and earlier by any chance?

There are plenty of GT5 screenshots still available on GT Planet in old news articles. Scroll down to find them, there are pages of them.

https://www.gtplanet.net/tag/screenshots/

Also, see post 7 in this thread.

I hate to bump threads, but would it be possible to have a more permanent link to download the screenshots? Google Drive perhaps?
The pics are on my old PC, and I don't currently have a GD account, but seeing as it's free...I'll see what I can do...

EDIT: I've just looked into what Google Drive is and am not interested in downloading it on my PC, I don't like cloud backup services, having had nothing but troube with OneDrive. Do you have a GD account? If so, I'll upload them again to We Transfer, and then you can upload them to your GD and post the link here. I'll then update the OP with your link for the benefit of everyone who's interested.

Last edited:
VBR
The pics are on my old PC, and I don't currently have a GD account, but seeing as it's free...I'll see what I can do...

EDIT: I've just looked into what Google Drive is and am not interested in downloading it on my PC, I don't like cloud backup services, having had nothing but troube with OneDrive. Do you have a GD account? If so, I'll upload them again to We Transfer, and then you can upload them to your GD and post the link here. I'll then update the OP with your link for the benefit of everyone who's interested.
Google Drive isn't backup software, or at least it doesn't have to be. You can just sign in with your Google account, drag the files in and share it. But, we can do it your way .

Back