GTHRA Class Drag Racing (American Cars)

• Thread starter bscar27
  • 31 comments
United States
Dayton, TN, United States
bscar27
Welcome to the Gran Turismo Hot Rod Association! Please take a few moments to read our rules below to decide if this is the right group for you! If you are interested then please put your PSN Name, preferred car, and preferred car class below and I will send you a friend request momentarily! This room with be a friends only room to make sure the room is filled exclusively with people that understand how the room works. Finally if you have any questions, please direct them below, Thank you for stopping by! :cheers:

Sportsman Start: Light flash .500 before ghost Pro Start: Ghost Only

NO BARE CARBON HOODS, ALL HOODS MUST BE PAINTED BODY COLOR

Stock: Sportsman Start (Stock Tire or Sports Hard)

Must be as-is from factory, no modifications allowed and if your car came from the factory with only one type of transmission, then you must drive it that way (i.e. If the car came with an automatic only, then you must drive with an automatic, but if it came from the factory with either type then you may choose how to run your car) only modifications allowed are changing tires from stock tires to Sports Hard and changing wheels, Absolutely NO outer body modifications allowed! (Feel free to ask me about your car's factory specs and I'll be happy to find them and share them with you)

Super Stock: Sportsman Start

Must run your car with a manual transmission, no outer body modifications allowed, any tire is allowed, nitrous is prohibited, window weight reduction is not allowed, no power adders allowed (Turbos and Superchargers)

60’s Gassers: Sportsman Start

No nitrous allowed, must raise front ride height as high as it can go, you must run sports hard tires to simulate the difficult steering capabilities of the old style straight axle front ends, Superchargers are the only power adder allowed

Footbrake: Sportsman Start

Only restriction on modifications is Stage 2 engine upgrade and Mid-RPM Turbo or Supercharger or Nitrous (Nitrous and superchargers or Nitrous and Turbos are not allowed) and no window weight reduction

Super Pro: Pro Start

Must use handbrake to launch, automatic transmissions only

Nostalgia Funny Car: Pro Start

Must use manual and racing hard tires and you must raise your rear ride height as high as it will go and lower your front ride height as low as it will go

Pro Modified: Pro Start

The only restrictions in this class is that your ride height must be as low as possible front and rear to simulate the look of big slicks tucked under the fender, and you are restricted to using only one power adder (i.e nitrous, or turbo, or supercharger, no combo of either of the three will be allowed)

Outlaw 10.5: (Racing Hard Class) Pro Start

Anything goes in this class as long as you run a racing hard tire

Permitted Cars for each class:
Car List Legend: S= Stock S/S= Super Stock G/AS= 60’s Gassers F/B= Footbrake S/P= Super Pro N/FC= Nostalgia Funny Car P/M= Pro Modified OTF= Outlaw 10.5

Art Morrison Corvette: S/S G/AS N/FC

Buick GNX: S F/B S/P OTF

Buick Special: S/S F/B

Cadillac CTS-V: S F/B

Camaro IROC-Z Concept: S F/B S/P OTF

’63 Corvette: S S/S G/AS F/B N/FC P/M OTF

’97 Camaro Z28: S F/B S/P OTF

’69 Camaro Z28: S S/S G/AS F/B N/FC P/M OTF

’69 Camaro SS: S S/S G/AS F/B N/FC P/M OTF

’67 El Camino: S S/S G/AS F/B OTF

’69 Corvette: (Either Model) S S/S G/AS F/B N/FC P/M OTF

’00 Camaro SS: S F/B S/P OTF

’96 Corvette: S F/B S/P OTF

’70 Nova: S S/S F/B N/FC P/M OTF

’90 Corvette: S F/B S/P OTF

’70 Chevelle: S S/S F/B N/FC P/M OTF

’10 Camaro: S F/B S/P OTF

’00 Corvette: S F/B S/P OTF

’04 Corvette: S F/B S/P OTF

’14 Corvette: (Just the normal Stingray is allowed) S F/B

’06 Corvette: S F/B OTF

’09 Corvette: S F/B OTF

Crossfire: S F/B

300C: S F/B

’70 Charger: S S/S F/B N/FC P/M OTF

’71 Super Bee: S S/S F/B N/FC P/M OTF

’70 Challenger: S S/S F/B N/FC P/M OTF

’98 Taurus: S F/B

Any Focus: S F/B

’07 Mustang: S F/B S/P OTF

Mach 1: S S/S F/B N/FC P/M

SVT Cobra R: S F/B S/P OTF

’13 Mustang Boss 302 or GT500: S F/B S/P OTF

Grand Touring Garage Trans Cammer: N/FC P/M OTF

Cougar XR-7: S S/S F/B N/FC P/M OTF

‘70 AAR Cuda: S S/S F/B N/FC P/M OTF

’71 Cuda Six-Pack: S S/S F/B N/FC P/M OTF

Sunfire GXP: S F/B

Firebird Trans-Am: S S/S F/B N/FC P/M OTF

Solstice Coupe: S F/B

Tempest Le Mans GTO: S S/S G/AS F/B P/M

GTO 5.7: S F/B S/P OTF

Camaro RS: S/S F/B N/FC P/M OTF

GT350: S S/S G/AS F/B N/FC P/M OTF

Series One Supercharged: S F/B

Cobra Daytona Coupe: G/AS N/FC

Red Devil: S/S G/AS F/B N/FC P/M OTF

Last edited:
I'll be running my AAR 'Cuda in Pro Modified, but all it'll take is a simple tire change and I can run with you guys

Only if it's tuned right ;) I've seen quite a few of the OTF cars beat the '09 Vette in various lobbies

In NMCA drag racing, outlaw 10.5 tires are ten and a half inch" W" slicks, not sport soft tires. To have more realism the tire specs should match real sanctioning body rules.
Right, will adjust accordingly 👍

A ZR1 '09 could beat those using sport softs when they use racing soft. Maybe it would be better if you ran limited horsepower classes to keep it more competitive.
Well, I was originally visualizing OTF as an open class because in real life in the Outlaw class (At my hometrack anyways) It was run what you brung and if you were extremely outclassed, then you were just out of luck, but I see that I'm the minority here so I'll revise my restrictions to accomodate your requests, so I will be open to suggestions to make this class more competitive 👍

Otf does have weight restrictions on big block vs small blocks and nitrous,super charged,turbo cars vs all motor(n/a) cars...the rules are available online. I believe this will be the most popular class in gt6...its easiest to conform to. Its a heads up pro tree class. The other classes you have listed are bracket racing with a handicap tree, meaning they run off a dialed in time. Just food for thought

Otf does have weight restrictions on big block vs small blocks and nitrous,super charged,turbo cars vs all motor(n/a) cars...the rules are available online. I believe this will be the most popular class in gt6...its easiest to conform to. Its a heads up pro tree class. The other classes you have listed are bracket racing with a handicap tree, meaning they run off a dialed in time. Just food for thought
Yeah I was actually thinking about looking at either the ORSCA rules or the ADRL ruleset for outlaws and I've been trying to figure out how to incorporate dial-in into the bracket classes as footbrake is what I run at my track and I love the crap out of it and would love to incorporate it into GT, The only thoughts I have had is instead of dial in by time, dialing in by trap speed instead since there are no dedicated 1/4 timers in GT

can we run more than 1 car in different classes?
Well, the way I was going to do things was I was going to do the drags in an actual race so I can save the replays so the only way I could see that working is if we split up the pro classes into a race and then the sportsman classes into another race and you run one pro class and one sportsman class, otherwise I don't see how it'd work

Cool deal, that was my car of choice as well, and if I could get some help, I would like to run some tests this saturday night at 10pm EST to start working out how to lay out a better ruleset, if any of you would be interested in that please sign up below, and if you know of anyone who might be interested, then please send them over here, thanks guys! :cheers::gtpflag:

I'd like to do a couple test hits in front of someone so I can get feedback before I decide anything. I run a Plymouth Superbird, & Mustang GT500. I'm open to trying other cars.

I'd like to do a couple test hits in front of someone so I can get feedback before I decide anything. I run a Plymouth Superbird, & Mustang GT500. I'm open to trying other cars.
We're having a test night this coming Saturday at 10pm so we can iron out a solid ruleset so feel free to come and make some passes down the track!

We're having a test night this coming Saturday at 10pm so we can iron out a solid ruleset so feel free to come and make some passes down the track!
Okay well is it possible to test before then in case I'm not available.

Okay well is it possible to test before then in case I'm not available.
The only other time I'm available is possibly Friday as I go to a friend's house on the weekend and the internet at my house is too slow for me to be able to race online and still be courteous to other players as far as lagging is concerned

Just so you guys know, I won't be a huge stickler on who can open rooms under this name or not, just as long as you let me know that you're opening a room under this name then by all means run them as often as you like :cheers:

Latest Posts

Back