GTMSA Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge Season 2 Information

  • Thread starter Thread starter SuperShouden
  • 68 comments
  • 5,930 views
Alright, so the 1.07 update Took away the points for the tires.

Before the patch the classes were:

GS - 500PP
ST - 450PP

After they've been knocked all the way down to:

GS - 442PP
ST - 395PP

So, what I'm going to do, change the settings so that it'll look like this:

GS - 450PP
ST - 400PP

This, however is a blessing in disguise though, 'cause I just might leave the Z right where it's at. I have a feeling that it'll be perfect. And, if I need to, I can always add some HP to it. However, this DOES mean, I have to re-run all the cars again. But, since I'm running ST, at the moment, I start there.

EDIT:

List of required upgrades:

All cars: light weight windows, racing slick tires.

GS: Ford Mustang needs a Racing ECU and Racing Air Filter

ST: Mini Cooper S needs a Racing ECU. Shouldn't need anything else. Right now, it's PP is 399, but racing it around should bring it up to 400.
 
Last edited:
Looking good!
 
Any news from testing?
 
I'll try to finish testing by this weekend. So far, the BMW Z4 is a little too fast and the Challenger is a little slow on a couple tracks, so, it'll probably get a slight weight reduction since it's the heaviest car in the lot.
 
Alright. I cannot insert a poll, but, I've got two questions for everyone:

Do you want to change Cape Ring South to another course? If so, what?

And which Monza do you want to use? Chicane and dry, Chicane and changing weather or No chicane?
 
1.Cape Ring Inside
2.No chicane
 
I'll wait for others to vote before making a decision on that. However, I have come to a decision that will take affect in Season 3:

Starting Season 3 onward, I will be posting the official vehicle entry list from Grand Am itself any vehicle on that list will be allowed in. However, I will also post the vehicle specs that will ALSO be from Grand Am.

So, unless you guys want to do it this season, the 2012 Season should be a lot closer to the actual CTSCC
 
1) Monza Chicane
2) Nurburgring Nordchleife
I think we should some testing using their specs before making a desision!
 
Right right. There's really not a lot in there Except the Camaro has a LOT of regulations attached to it. Seriously, there's a page and a half for the camaro regs.

Also, instead of slowing down the Z and Z4 M, I'm going to speed everything else up. The Z an Z4 M are closer to the real life lap times at Daytona, so...I'll have at least finished with the GS by this weekend. Testing these cars has always been a bit more difficult than testing the race cars. However, the PP system helps. I mean, the other cars should need a minor weight reduction, and they should be good to go.

Also, new rule:

All cars MUST have a PAINTED carbon fiber hood. The Grand Am rules say they must have hood pins, so painted carbon hoods will work there.

Also, Grand Am lists the final drive settings for each car, so all cars will have to have a customizable tranny.

Grand Am also states that there is a minimum ride height of 3.5 inches, I'll figure out what that is in mm later.

GA also requires Koni shocks, now.


EDIT:

Also, IF I put Nordshlief, it'd be pre-season race.
 
Last edited:
Right right. There's really not a lot in there Except the Camaro has a LOT of regulations attached to it. Seriously, there's a page and a half for the camaro regs.

Also, instead of slowing down the Z and Z4 M, I'm going to speed everything else up. The Z an Z4 M are closer to the real life lap times at Daytona, so...I'll have at least finished with the GS by this weekend. Testing these cars has always been a bit more difficult than testing the race cars. However, the PP system helps. I mean, the other cars should need a minor weight reduction, and they should be good to go.

Also, new rule:

All cars MUST have a PAINTED carbon fiber hood. The Grand Am rules say they must have hood pins, so painted carbon hoods will work there.

Also, Grand Am lists the final drive settings for each car, so all cars will have to have a customizable tranny.

Grand Am also states that there is a minimum ride height of 3.5 inches, I'll figure out what that is in mm later.

GA also requires Koni shocks, now.


EDIT:

Also, IF I put Nordshlief, it'd be pre-season race.

Cool! I for sure wanna be on that one!
 
Ohh! And question!
Can we use ballast to get the cars to the desired weight?
GA and yes it is permited by GA and it's been used on real life racing forever...
 
Weight Ballast is only used on certain cars. Usually if a car is ultra light, weight would be added. Like with the Miata and Mini.

And wouldn't the ability to willing add ballast make things a little unfair.

And, according to the Grand Am rules, all weight added is in a ballast box where the passenger seat would be.
 
Cool! Any projected dates for open testing? Test races?
 
Umm...let me do my testing and get everything even with my times/skill and then we'll begin testing. So probably in 2-3 weeks will have some test races.

EDIT: Also, I'm thinking about changing the Cape Ring course to either North or Periperhy. It'd be fun with the jump. How would everyone feel about that?

EDIT 2: I'm going to be making a PDF eventually that will have the setups for each of the cars. I will post the rules for all cars on the front page here. But, I will be using the final drive settings Grand Am uses and some cars have different requirements. Plus, I can put the picture and have the settings below it. So, be watching for that.
 
Last edited:
Personally I don't like the jump and big banked corner but it doesn't really bother me to much as I like the rest of the course.👍
If I had to pick between north and periphery I would go for north. I like the first 2 corners on north.:D
Like periphery though.:) Getting excited for this.
 
Depending on the amount of entrants in each class, I might split the classes for the Cape Ring Round with GS at Cape Ring North and ST at Cape Ring South.

Also, the Civic in ST is ran times pretty close to the actual 2010 lap times at Daytona. (the winning Civic got a 2:10.3xx I ran a 2:10.435.) So, that will be the benchmark for the rest of the cars.

It shouldn't be too hard to get the cars even. The hardest one will be the Mustang, but I think I figure something out. I should have everything ironed out by this weekend or next. Hopefully before the 12 Hours of Sebring.
 
Depending on the amount of entrants in each class, I might split the classes for the Cape Ring Round with GS at Cape Ring North and ST at Cape Ring South.

Also, the Civic in ST is ran times pretty close to the actual 2010 lap times at Daytona. (the winning Civic got a 2:10.3xx I ran a 2:10.435.) So, that will be the benchmark for the rest of the cars.

It shouldn't be too hard to get the cars even. The hardest one will be the Mustang, but I think I figure something out. I should have everything ironed out by this weekend or next. Hopefully before the 12 Hours of Sebring.
Cool!! You're doing a great job man!
 
Due to inconsistant results in testing, Nurburgring GP/D will be taken off the schedule and replaced with Grand Valley East. It's one of those tracks where the cars would be even everywhere else, but I'd have to figure out adjustments special to that track 'cause some of the cars that weren't even were, and some of the cars that were even weren't there. It screw up the testing results, too. And it's all because that track is the coldest tarmac track in the game.
 
Round 1 testing results



Second round will see Nurburgring replaced with with Monza no chicane.

The Mini and Mustang are gonna get some big updates.
 
Wait is it Monza or Grand Valley East?
 
NB GP/D is being replaced by Grand Valley East on the schedule, but I'll be testing at Monza.
 
NB GP/D is being replaced by Grand Valley East on the schedule, but I'll be testing at Monza.

Don't think is a good change, dont like it at all... Maybe if you went with the full track.
 
The Full track would be too long, wouldn't it? Maybe we can switch to Fuji
 
I think Nurburgring GP D needs to be on the calendar, if any I would replace SSR5 as racing there almost all the time turns into a bump/push/bump fest.
 
Nurburg's a very cold track. And a cold track would tend to suit one type of car over the other. I mean, we could run there, but just know that the race will be incredibly uneven.
 
That's fine with me!
 
Try grand valley east reverse. Its the only reverse track in the game that's better then the forward.👍
 
I will be adding two cars to the lineup:

GS:
M3 Coupe '07

ST:
Mercedes C63 AMG '08
 
Back