GTO gear set up

• Thread starter Foamy
  • 5 comments
Foamy
i need a good gear set up so i can hit over 400km/h quickly
& i can't find any thing in this forum

I can't give you any specifics since I haven't touched GT1 in over a year, but generally, the taller you make your gears by sliding the slider to the left (especially your final drive and 4th gear and up) the higher your speed will be. So therefore, if you make your first 3 gears shorter (slider goes to the right) you'll have great down-low acceleration but you won't sacrifice your top-end. YOu probly already know all this...

Last edited:
Parnelli Bone
I can't give you any specifics since i havne't touched GT1 in over a year, but generally, the taller you make your gears by sliding the slider to the left (especially your final drive and 4th gear and up) the higher your speed will be. So therefore, if you make your first 3 gears shorter (slider goes to the right) you'll have great down-low acceleration but you won't sacrifice your top-end. YOu probly already know all this...

yeah i do & the start is a horror the car jumps off the line at 2500RPM

Foamy
yeah i do & the start is a horror the car jumps off the line at 2500RPM

Oh I see. Well then try starting in 2nd gear. Does that help?

Last edited:
Try using the Castrol Supra or the GTO LM Tranny, A 7speed jumps off the line with excellent Top end! I use the 7 in all my cars.

Foamy
i need a good gear set up so i can hit over 400km/h quickly
& i can't find any thing in this forum

I have some gear settings for a GTO TwinTurbo. I'll try and post them here tomorrow.

Back