18th century-present Pizza

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Turbo

(Banned)
United States
Elizabeth, New Jersey
18th century-present Pizza nominated by @Stephan

Information: Pizza is a yeasted flatbread typically topped with tomato sauce and cheese and baked in an oven. It is commonly topped with a selection of meats, vegetables and condiments.

Cool. It's that one food that always manages to excite and please anyone, ranging from young kids to adults.

What's wrong with pre-18th pizza or are we only interested in Neapolitan fayre?

Sub-zero anyway, the only food that one can genuinely survive on along with nothing but Coca-Cola*.

*This is not an authorised health fact but for many years it's worked for me.

Traditional varieties can be cool. Although:

Gotta side with the 88%. That stuff is satisfying on a level that pizza can only wish to reach.

Surely pizza's the traditional version of khachapuri, it goes back a couple of thousand years? :)

Just read the calorie count of khachapuri, I must immediately add it to my list of Entire Survival foods :D

SZ. It's one of those foods where it brings your family/friends together when you're hanging out.

Sub-Zero, its pizza.

Pizza is the one food thats good enough to bring almost anyone together. Of course, some pizza is better than others (Pizza Hut is king in my book), but hey, even lame pizza is still good.

It's literally the easiest thing to fill you up with little or no effort and the choice is probably one of the widest in a specific dish.

A good eat once in a while, but its bacon-like reputation on the internet drops it down to uncool.

Rather have one of those than a pizza from our local Little Caesars' because ours is absolutely awful.

The Little Caeser's by me isn't terrible, there's far better options for cheap carry out pizza though so I rarely go there.

It's terrible. I'd rather have dog meat.

the worst thing is they price them around the same amount as frozen pizza's that are actually good. Why anyone would get a Digiornio over a Screamin' Sicilian when they are pretty much the same price baffles me.

The Little Caeser's by me isn't terrible, there's far better options for cheap carry out pizza though so I rarely go there.

I've been to other franchises as well, and they are all a million times better than ours. I could actually eat it without questioning my sanity because it was edible. The only time I ever get a pizza at our local franchise is out of desperation because I can't think of anything else. Though for some unknown reason ours has good bread sticks which makes no sense to me.

They ban you from Michigan for saying that. Same thing with Domino's.

I never had Domino's before they made their recipe change, but my uncle that did said it was one of the worst pizzas he ever had in his life. I did like Domino's when I lived in a college dorm since they did delivery (really nice in the winter when we had a foot of snow in a night) and liked the pizza as well. But considering that we have a local pizza joint that has good pizza and a place about a 45 minute drive away that has an amazing Chicago Style Pizza, I hardly ever go there in the first place.

I know it's not healthy

I know it's not originally American

I know it's possibly the most common lunch/supper

But it's still SZ

You can't beat a "slice" of pizza and a drink for under $5. :cheers:

Still haven't tried their take and bakes.
If you think thats a good deal, you can get a full-size hot dog and a berry smoothie at Costco for under $3.

If you think thats a good deal, you can get a full-size hot dog and a berry smoothie at Costco for under $3.

I don't care for non-grilled hot dogs or brats, plus this thread is about pizza. :P

Have you ever had the flavorless disc known as a DiGiornio? :yuck:
I have, DiGiorno certainly isnt the greatest, but I'd rather have a DiGiorno then nothing at all. The ones I've had arent too bad.

One of my local pizza places, Noce, has some expensive but fantastic pizza, some of the best I've had.

AAaannnd tree'd.

Grain, dairy, meat and veg? It covers all of your daily dietary needs and is triangular, like the food pyramid. It's also a vegetable if you're in America.

I'm particularly fussy about food so my pizzas tend not to have sauce but plenty of cheese, meat and peppers (chilli). I visit my local pizzeria at least 3 times a week, usually more and one large pizza has enough calories that I don't need much to eat for the rest of the day.

Could a food be any more sub zero?

Back