Antarctica
Controls set for heart of sun
GTP_RogerTheHors
Nominated by @All Your Base

1997-present South Park:
fa8ad3554d9e48c4d046e9e2068763f5_large.png

Creator: Trey Parker and Matt Stone
Network: Comedy Central

South Park can be very funny. It can be very clever. But it's bought such a stigma to an entire medium that it can never be cool.

Lost the touch a few seasons ago.

Still cool though for all the other episodes that are good.

It (along with Family Guy) bought the stigma that animation not aimed at children will be an immature "adult" comedy purely in it for the shock value (not that any of those things are necessarily bad, of course) to the general populace.

It's absolutely hilarious, which is cool, but at the same time it might be the most offensive show on cable, which isn't cool.

Meh.

The best episodes are with Randy, bar none. Even without Randy, I have enjoyed this show every week since the 90's. Sub-zero.

Jerome

It (along with Family Guy) bought the stigma that animation not aimed at children will be an immature "adult" comedy purely in it for the shock value (not that any of those things are necessarily bad, of course) to the general populace.
Westerners are too shallow for all teh #2deep4u meta stuff.

My life would not be the same today if it wasn't for this show. I still use SP quotes in daily life. I'm even tempted to name my first son Butters.

Butters-Professor-Chaos-icon.png

Sub Zero

I wouldn't normally call TV shows cool...but this is one of the exceptions.
Enjoyed it since day one.

Seriously Uncool because of 201.

I still watch the new episodes, but after that episode it seems like they are less willing to take risks.

All I will say to this is, go watch Beavis and Butt-head as well as Ren & Stimpy. Not to mention the father of all those, Fritz the Cat.

I know, but it was South Park and Family Guy that really sealed the deal there, which depresses me when you have people like Sylvain Chomet putting out stuff like The Illusionist and not receiving anywhere near the recognition they deserve for it. It's also worth looking at just how mature earlier series of The Simpsons could be for comparision as well.

I know, but it was South Park and Family Guy that really sealed the deal there, which depresses me when you have people like Sylvain Chomet putting out stuff like The Illusionist and not receiving anywhere near the recognition they deserve for it. It's also worth looking at just how mature earlier series of The Simpsons could be for comparision as well.

Just because you're butthurt doesn't mean South Park is a bad show.

Anyway, like I said, it's hit or miss. I feel like the best thing they did was to introduce Butters. He really keeps the show fresh. The last two episodes of this season were really bad, though, humor-wise. It feels like the whole season was created as an excuse to animate Randy flicking the bean.

The Illusionist was one of the most boring movies I have ever seen. It took all the energy not to fall asleep. Whoever thought it was a good idea to spend money on it needs a slap upside the head.

These last few seasons of South Park have been great, it's really branched away from the crudeness of the earlier seasons.

I wouldn't call political commentary cool though.

Gets a cool from me.

Southpark was really a bit of a taboo here when it came out. It took a while for people to look past a lot of the jokes that seemed to be in horribly bad taste, but mixing that sort of in-your-face humour with some criticism towards society (in some episodes, at least), gives Southpark some merit, as far as I am concerned. Not getting strange looks for liking the show is also a slight bonus, in terms of coolness.

Sub Zero, however, is reserved for the shows that really coined my childhood, like The A-Team...

TBH I found it too rude to be enjoyable just like Family Guy. It had it's funny moments but being controversial for the sake of it makes it uncool for me.

Sub-Zero.

When I was a kid, I used to watch it just because of the cursing and such. Nowadays, I don't pay any attention to the swearing anymore. I don't watch the show often (I use the official website), but when I do, it's generally a good episode. The drone episode was fantastic, as well as Black Friday.

Family Guy is seriously uncool, on the other hand. The episode dedicated to them was great as well.

Back